Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm dumb and didn't pay attention, where do I go after the 4th gym?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Internet Kraken posted:

I can't believe they didn't balance this game around the exp share. I left it on and without even trying to grind, my team is massively overleveled. I have no choice but to turn it off while I train up my Inkay if I want the game to be even remotely challenging.

I really don't get why the level curve is so slow when you gain levels so fast. This game would be pretty much perfect if it weren't for this.

I'm only a bit after the second gym and the curve seems pretty good to me. I know the levels reach 60 by the end of the gyms, so it sounds like they did have EXP share in mind.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Okay, this question is for anyone who has managed to get the EVs erasing punching bag; did you get that bag as a random bag drop, or from completing a super training session?

Also note, I really like the Super Training thing because I don't HAVE to do the minigames, I can just spam punching bags (But the mini games will get you more points faster I'm pretty sure). Also, Also, rapidly tapping the touch screen so your pokemon hits the (empty) punching bag will get you punching bags. Its pretty fast. But I still haven't found the EV removing one. Argh.

deftest
May 7, 2011
what's the story on the distributed torchic? All the same nature? random? Can you reset to change?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

deftest posted:

what's the story on the distributed torchic? All the same nature? random? Can you reset to change?

All same gender, everything else can be "rerolled" by saving before you receive the pokemon from the person in the pokemon center.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

GenericGirlName posted:

Okay, this question is for anyone who has managed to get the EVs erasing punching bag; did you get that bag as a random bag drop, or from completing a super training session?

Also note, I really like the Super Training thing because I don't HAVE to do the minigames, I can just spam punching bags (But the mini games will get you more points faster I'm pretty sure). Also, Also, rapidly tapping the touch screen so your pokemon hits the (empty) punching bag will get you punching bags. Its pretty fast. But I still haven't found the EV removing one. Argh.

I got it via random drop.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I'm dumb and didn't pay attention, where do I go after the 4th gym?

Go to the power plant, which is under the 4th city gym, I think. After that, Go to not-Eiffel Tower in Luminose.

deftest
May 7, 2011

GenericGirlName posted:

All same gender, everything else can be "rerolled" by saving before you receive the pokemon from the person in the pokemon center.

Ooh. Wild! I like it. So what's the consensus? Do you go for the Mild mixed attacker or the full adamant? Decisions, decisions...

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

deftest posted:

Ooh. Wild! I like it. So what's the consensus? Do you go for the Mild mixed attacker or the full adamant? Decisions, decisions...

I got a mixed attacker. It's really helpful throughout the game, though I've now only got physical moves on him.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Can HMs still not be replaced with another move after they're used or is that different now?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Digging this like crazy so far, more than I thought I would. Started off with Chespin, and he's way more solid than I'd expected. Even more now that he's a Quilladin. I've also got a Pancham, who owns, Azurill, who really owns, and surprisingly, a loving Gulpin who's a total boss. Just picked up an Espurr cause she's cute as hell, I named her after my cat :3:.

Do your friends ever just gently caress off for a minute? It feels like I can't walk 20 feet without someone wanting to talk.

e: Also, where's the next clothing store? I found the hat shop early on and nothing else since. I'm at Parfum Palace currently.

Million Ghosts fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 13, 2013

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So what determines the friendship stat to evolve? I saw some people here saying it wasn't pokemon amie?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Champeenship posted:

Go to the power plant, which is under the 4th city gym, I think. After that, Go to not-Eiffel Tower in Luminose.

Is it at the place with the wind, and the pokemon that hide underground? I cannot find out where to go there.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

Stalgren posted:

Hate? What hate? It's wonderful.

Don't touch charmeleons horn.

or it's flame :3:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

I said come in! posted:

Is it at the place with the wind, and the pokemon that hide underground? I cannot find out where to go there.

Head towards the southwest end and you'll find a Flare guy and you can figure it out from there easy enough

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

I said come in! posted:

Towards the bottom left. You'll see a Team Flare member.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, and you'll have to against the wind to get there. It's in the bottom-left corner; if you see a scientist about, it's to the left of him.

e:fb. I was more descriptive, though.

VVVVV: Yes, after the 6th gym

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
Do we know if Litwick is catchable in XY?

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

fuuuck I've encountered like 6 Ralts and they've all had the lovely Trace ability instead of Synchronize

throw me a frickin bone here

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Where do you get the Fishing rods?

ultimateluigi987
Feb 14, 2012

Feranon posted:

fuuuck I've encountered like 6 Ralts and they've all had the lovely Trace ability instead of Synchronize

throw me a frickin bone here

But Trace is actually pretty good, it can land you some really clutch abilities against certain Pokemon.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Omg they got everything right with this game. I only just beat the first gym and had 19 entries in the pokedex. It is beautiful, great music, and so much fun. Loving it

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Where do you get the Fishing rods?
There's a fisherman in the aquarium on the first water town who gives you the Old Rod, and another in the port town who gives you a Good Rod. Talk to all the fishermen you see.

Has anyone figured out how to get stylish enough to go into the Lumiose clothing store? "Try some stuff in the city" is about the most infuriatingly useless non-clue I think I've ever seen. I've done just about everything I can think of, and event tried wearing a 100% new outfit with color coordination and stuff. Nothing seems to work, but people have reported being able to get in there... they just have no idea how.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
How far into the journey will I get the original Pokemon for my starter team? I tried googling but got all these damned rumor websites instead

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
oh my god, I just noticed that the punching bags in the EV training minigame are patterned after the pokemon you beat the balloons of :allears:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Cute fact, Gardevoir holds her hands out when being fed pokepuffs. I also have no clue of how to make a 'kissy-face'

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Jet Ready Go posted:

How far into the journey will I get the original Pokemon for my starter team? I tried googling but got all these damned rumor websites instead

Pretty much as soon as you get to not-Paris. After the first gym. Sycamore will let you pick it once you battle him. So you'll get it soon!

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Jet Ready Go posted:

Between gym 1 and 2.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Jet Ready Go posted:

It's after the first gym when you visit the professor.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Jet Ready Go posted:

Not very far at all, like within the first couple hours, faster if you rush.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Modest female Fenniken on the first try, and a Jolly Torchic in 3 tries. The fire gods smile upon me.

And I love that you can drag and rearrange the menu options :allears:

... Where the hell is the Name Rater?

Golden Lumber
May 30, 2013
Can anyone trade on the GTS? Trying to get a nicknamed overseas Charmander for my Bulbasaur but I keep getting an error telling me to power off.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Thanks guys I was worried it was going to be half through or something

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Macaluso posted:

Can HMs still not be replaced with another move after they're used or is that different now?

HMs still have to be forcibly unlearned. Which is probably why you have all these people asking where the move deleter is.

Edit: Oh wow, you can actually hear Grant pop his joints before he battles you. I'm not sure if I should be impressed or mildly disgusted.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SirBukkake posted:

Modest female Fenniken on the first try, and a Jolly Torchic in 3 tries. The fire gods smile upon me.

Camphire town pokecenter. It's the town you go to right after Not-Paris with the castle. He's just hanging out in the corner.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
The variety in pokemon so far has been insane. I was kinda worried about how few new ones were made, but the sheer number of different mons on each route more than makes up for it. Plus the first thing I fought was a Pidgey, exactly like in Red. It came full circle.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Flash fire Houndoom walls Delphox' STABs.

Delphox is an Oracle that perceives its own doom.

Is that a pun? Can someone funnier than me re-word that to make people cry?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The lovely camera in Paris at least has the benefit of perpetual motion just by holding a direction. Wonder how long it'll take to skate to 220 happiness.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

SirBukkake posted:

Timid on first shot for my Fennekin; fire starters, hell yeah. Name rater is in Camphrier Town's pokemon center. EDIT: Yeah, kinda beaten to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scher
Sep 15, 2011

~Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom~
Out of curiosity, how early can I get Mawile and how early can I get its mega stone? Mawile is, like, the only mega I'm actually excited for and I really really want to get it.

• Locked thread