Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I managed to get an ideal starter Fennekin. Female, with Modest. I've slapped an Everstone on her and am cranking out tons of Modest Fennekin! :getin:

Sadly, the babies don't seem to be flying off the shelves for reasonable trades.

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Countblanc posted:

When can I run into the barnacle thing pokemon?

It's named Binacle, if anyone knows where to find it. Also, when should I expect to find a Sun Stone, and does Helioptile still learn things post-evolution?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Oh my god, just ran into a swarm of Hoppip, their head leaves spin like little helicopter blades :3:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

You can find Binacle by smashing rocks on the beach before the second gym.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.

Scher posted:

Out of curiosity, how early can I get Mawile and how early can I get its mega stone? Mawile is, like, the only mega I'm actually excited for and I really really want to get it.

Mawile's can be found in the glittering cave.

I found a Khangaskan in there too but I accidentally killed it @_@

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mizuti posted:

I managed to get an ideal starter Fennekin. Female, with Modest. I've slapped an Everstone on her and am cranking out tons of Modest Fennekin! :getin:

Sadly, the babies don't seem to be flying off the shelves for reasonable trades.

I'll take one. I'm only up to the second gym on Y (then again, the second gym is a good distance).

My information is up in the trading thread. You should post there that you're manufacturing Fennekins.

gobbledygoat posted:

Mawile's can be found in the glittering cave.

I found a Khangaskan in there too but I accidentally killed it @_@

You can also find Cubones in there. Also Lunatones and Solrocks (that won't loving stay in their pokeballs. :argh:). Supposedly the Old Amber can be found in the rocks in the back room if you're lucky.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ethiser posted:

You can find Binacle by smashing rocks on the beach before the second gym.

Wonderful, thanks.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Every time you Wonder Trade a pokemon with no nickname Arceus sheds a single tear and also when's the earliest I can get a Klefki. Little guy owns.

e: Hell yeah, some cool dude traded an Oddish with Pokerus. Hope you enjoy Pee Pants the Riolu, bro.

e2: You can't nickname Combee "Beez Nuts" I'm returning this game to GameStop right now.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 13, 2013

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

I am Reverend posted:

Every time you Wonder Trade a pokemon with no nickname Arceus sheds a single tear and also when's the earliest I can get a Klefki. Little guy owns.

I want to say it's after the fifth gym.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Okay so Wonder Trading lead to the most amazing thing for me. I Wonder Traded a Kakuna to some German guy & got his Panpour, so I decided to trade my Pansear now on Wonder Trade, however I GOT MY KAKUNA BACK FROM SOMEONE ELSE IN GERMANY! So now he's sitting back in my box one and I might just evolve it and keep with me, but I dunno.

Were any other Mega Pokemon discovered today?

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Countblanc posted:

It's named Binacle, if anyone knows where to find it. Also, when should I expect to find a Sun Stone, and does Helioptile still learn things post-evolution?

I got one from smashing rocks on the beach south of the 2nd gym

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

You can also get Mawile in the fossil town's cave. Thats where I picked mine up right after grabbing the Ryhorn I named Grace.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So here's my team lineup;

-Greninja
-Vespiqueen
-Gardevoir
-Malamar
-Mawlie
-Carbink

Now, am I right in thinking that all of these pokemone can not learn fly? It only occurred to me after I planned out the whole team and now I don't want to bench anyone just to get a flyer. I assumed Vespiqueen would be able to but then I remembered she arbitrarily can't learn fly.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

Unbound posted:

I want to say it's after the fifth gym.

Nah, it's after the sixth.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
I got into not-paris boutique - It was either creating a PR video (which is very fun, definitely gonna do another one with more effort) or getting a hair cut and leaving the style up to the barber. So try doing that.

Also everything is expensive as balls in there.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

MrFlibble posted:

I got into not-paris boutique - It was either creating a PR video (which is very fun, definitely gonna do another one with more effort) or getting a hair cut and leaving the style up to the barber. So try doing that.

Also everything is expensive as balls in there.
Where are you in the game? I'm just past the gym in the actual city and they keep shutting me down. I've gotten a haircut, done a video, etc., and it doesn't seem to work. Nobody seems to have a reliable answer, unfortunately, it just works for them. But it might be tied to game progression?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Where do I get PP Up or PP Restore items?

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
edit: jesus how did i miss a whole page

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Where do I get PP Up or PP Restore items?

If you've done a lot of trades, there's a guy in the Paris Pokecenter who'll sell you some PP-up for 2,000 Poke-Miles.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Nakar posted:

Where are you in the game? I'm just past the gym in the actual city and they keep shutting me down. I've gotten a haircut, done a video, etc., and it doesn't seem to work. Nobody seems to have a reliable answer, unfortunately, it just works for them. But it might be tied to game progression?

Some one said how they got in a couple pages ago. I think you have to have a matching set.

e: found it.

WendigoJohnson posted:

Just figured out how to get into the luminoise city boutique. You have to wear matching gender appropriate clothes. Then they'll allow you in, but the cheapest item in there is around 85 grand.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Nakar posted:

I've beaten the elite four but I wasn't allowed in immediately after doing that - I had to do *something*. Its a bit anticlimactic as well, all the clothes were terrible to meh and ten times more expensive than the other shops. Although come to think of it, it was the only shop I saw any dresses in.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Can you get fossils besides the Old Amber from Rock Smashing in Glistening Cave? Just so I know before I FINALLY bail outta Ambrette. I've spent so much time here just catching poo poo.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Unbound posted:

Some one said how they got in a couple pages ago. I think you have to have a matching set.
Tried it. Doesn't work.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Where the hell is a Dunsparce? The one friend mentions it on Route 8 by the daycare, but I have yet to see one.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So is there any way to take your hat off your trainer?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Where the hell is a Dunsparce? The one friend mentions it on Route 8 by the daycare, but I have yet to see one.

It's definitely available before the first gym. I'm pretty sure I caught mine on Route 22 (the place leading up to Victory Road).

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

They're not called Duncommon you know...

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I caught one right away on Route 22 as well, seeing that stupid bastard made me so happy.

Does anyone know where my boy Wobbuffet is?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Million Ghosts posted:

I caught one right away on Route 22 as well, seeing that stupid bastard made me so happy.

In that mirror cave, they took a while to find for me but I found a few in a row when I did

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I think Tyrantrum is one of my early favorites of this gen. It has really good stats all around, awesome bulk especially in sandstorm, absurd dual STAB in Head Smash/Stone Edge+Outrage, solid coverage options to hit Steels and Fairies, and an interesting unique type.

Oh yeah, and it's a motherfuckin' Tyrannosaurus rex.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Million Ghosts posted:

He's in the Mirror Cave. I got swarmed by a horde of them. Worst experience of my life.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
That's awesome, he's literally been my favourite since he was released and it disappoints me how Gamefreak always sticks him so late in the game. Doesn't seem that way this time.

e: Holy poo poo I found a Croagunk on Route 8. It's like this game was made just for me. It's getting hard to narrow it down to only 6.

Million Ghosts fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Oct 13, 2013

avlein
Jun 13, 2011

I'm ready. :getin:

(Actually getting both Mega Stones, not trading one for the other :unsmigghh:)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Do I need anything else other than Pokemon Amie grinding to get Sylveon?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

PonchAxis posted:

Do I need anything else other than Pokemon Amie grinding to get Sylveon?

Serebii says you just need to level Eevee with a fairy type move.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Serebii says you just need to level Eevee with a fairy type move.

Whats the easiest fairy type TM I can find?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

PonchAxis posted:

Whats the easiest fairy type TM I can find?

Apparently there's only one, but Eevee learns some growl-like fairy attack at level 9

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have 6 badges and have seen more than 200 pokemon. That's a lot more variety than previous games I think.

Count Clockwork
Nov 6, 2010

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

They're not called Duncommon you know...

I may have just got lucky as I got one immediately outside the first forest on route 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Any word on Froakie egg groups? Need to produce some so I can trade for other starters before getting too far in game.

• Locked thread