Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell
Can someone just confirm for me that Plusle exists on route 5? I've been looking for one for ages because it's the only line missing from my central dex other than the rod/surfing ones and it is pissing me off. Minun keeps showing up and making it worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

BougieBitch posted:

Can someone just confirm for me that Plusle exists on route 5? I've been looking for one for ages because it's the only line missing from my central dex other than the rod/surfing ones and it is pissing me off. Minun keeps showing up and making it worse.

It might be version exclusive.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

BougieBitch posted:

Plusle and Minun do show up in an early double battle, on the route just after the first gym. Did you somehow miss that?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A question for any Klefki-havers, does Klefki learn baton pass?

Also, pro-tip for EV training a freshly caught Pokemon: use your vitamin EV items before you play the training games. The more EVs you have, the faster the games go, so having that initial ~100-200 EVs helps a lot.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

david puddy posted:

Apparently there's only one, but Eevee learns some growl-like fairy attack at level 9

Well gently caress the Eevee I got is level 20 when I caught it. I haven't played pokemon in a long time but I can take it the day care right and get a new one right as an egg?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
In a battle against a Mega Gyrados at the moment. Ghost type moves were not very effective. Pretty sure that makes it Water/Dark. Fighting was Super Effective.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Million Ghosts posted:

That's awesome, he's literally been my favourite since he was released and it disappoints me how Gamefreak always sticks him so late in the game. Doesn't seem that way this time.

e: Holy poo poo I found a Croagunk on Route 8. It's like this game was made just for me. It's getting hard to narrow it down to only 6.

Wait until you get mobbed by a swarm of lipstick wearing female wobbufet who proceed to kick your rear end six ways to Sunday.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Is it weird that Pokemon Y is making me feel kind of nostalgic for Colosseum and XD? They borrowed a lot from those games aesthetically, the Pokemon Centers remind me of how they looked in those games--and the aesthetics were really all those games had going for them, heheh.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Is there somewhere you can buy fire stones, etc?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Wow, okay, so the bike really does move faster than the skates, and doesn't bog down in grass.

Bikes, for when you really need to cruise to check the latest fashion selection across the nation but don't have Fly yet.

Edit: aww, you can't tell the hair stylist you want an anime-pink afro?

realbrickwall
Mar 12, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

In not-paris there is a rock shop. When I visited, they only sold Fire, Leaf, and I think Aqua stones? They're pretty reasonably-priced, though.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Do Pokemon Amie or Super Training have any effect if they're not the primary program on the bottom screen? Amie doesn't appear to do much on it's own, but I'm worried I'll miss something if I leave it on Super Training forever.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Strange Quark posted:

Plusle and Minun do show up in an early double battle, on the route just after the first gym. Did you somehow miss that?

It's gotta catch'em all, not gotta see'em all.

They show up on the map in the pokedex, so they can't be version exclusive (I compared to Swirlix to be sure, Swirlix has no map). It's probably one of those dumb things where the odds are horribly skewed depending on version, but even that seems unreasonable because I have probably fought like 200 fights on this route and still nada.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Skrelp can learn loving THUNDERBOLT holy poo poo. Best 6 gen pokemon confirmed

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

BougieBitch posted:

They show up on the map in the pokedex, so they can't be version exclusive (I compared to Swirlix to be sure, Swirlix has no map). It's probably one of those dumb things where the odds are horribly skewed depending on version, but even that seems unreasonable because I have probably fought like 200 fights on this route and still nada.

Oh, if that's the case, try offering a Minun for a Plusle in the GTS. I imagine that sort of trade should go pretty quickly.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

BougieBitch posted:

I can confirm it, caught one on route 5 earlier today, I'm on version X though, and didn't stick around long enough to see if there were minus ones around.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Fuckin' Absol, man. Took several great balls, luxury balls, an ultra ball then finally a net ball of all things to catch.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I've got Minun on route 5. Y. Maybe that's a thing.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I believe Plusle and Minun are the more frustrating equivalent of a version exclusive--Plusle is more common in X and Minun is more common in Y, but can each be found as a rare encounter in the opposite versions. They've done that with those two in particular before.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Do we have a channel for pokedork stuff on SynIRC?

Also, how does the scoring work on the SP Attack training against the magnet thing? Sometimes I get 7 points, sometimes up to 45. Anyone know?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh my god I just caught a female Wobbuffet. It was wearing lipstick, GOTY 2013.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Crimson Harvest posted:

Do we have a channel for pokedork stuff on SynIRC?

Also, how does the scoring work on the SP Attack training against the magnet thing? Sometimes I get 7 points, sometimes up to 45. Anyone know?

Charged shots give more points. Look at the circle and how it fills up as you keep the stylus pressed onto the screen.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

The main giant city has a store that sells them. It might be later on once you unlock the rest of the city and can fight the gym.

Unbound posted:

In a battle against a Mega Gyrados at the moment. Ghost type moves were not very effective. Pretty sure that makes it Water/Dark. Fighting was Super Effective.

Hey that's neat, that's an evo where you actually have to think about whether you want to turn it Mega or not. You can switch him from resisting fighting to being weak to it.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Sort of like how Charizard X becomes weak to Ground.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

For anyone who was wondering, the Lucky Egg is in the hotel in the city with the fourth gym.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Has anyone found a Dusk Stone at all? I really want Aegislash.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Where do I get a Dusk Stone? I need to evolve my Duoblade.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Coq au Nandos posted:

Where do I get a Dusk Stone? I need to evolve my Duoblade.
Terminus Cave has one

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hixalot posted:

Any word on Froakie egg groups? Need to produce some so I can trade for other starters before getting too far in game.

Looks like it's Water 1. I successfully got eggs with a Psyduck.

This game does weird things to the brain. I went through my entire collection saying "Will you gently caress my frog? Will YOU gently caress my frog? gently caress it, I'm sending off online for someone who probably will!"

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 13, 2013

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Speaking of exclusives, is Zigzagoon in X? I found a ton of Bidoof early on but no Zigs.

I think the real joy of the new Exp. Share is that you can keep a much larger team of pokes up-to-date without much work. My main team of Quilladin, Wartortle, Vivillon, Fletchinder was getting way over-leveled (like 23-24 before the second gym), so I just benched them all and now I'm training a ragtag group of Flabebe, Pancham, Skiddo, Honedge, Furfrou, and Espurr that are all like level 11-14. This is great because it lets me keep at least some semblance of challenge to things while also letting me use like twice as many of the awesome pokemon in this game (which is still not enough, seriously I want to use everything)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are Tiny Mushrooms used for anything or can I just go on and sell them?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Adamant Tyrunt on the third try, can't wait to learn some real moves. :black101:

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Nibble posted:

Speaking of exclusives, is Zigzagoon in X? I found a ton of Bidoof early on but no Zigs.

I ran into quite a few Zigzagoons in X, but no Bidoof. Which sucks, because Bidoof is one of my favorites.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

LordHippoman posted:

I ran into quite a few Zigzagoons in X, but no Bidoof. Which sucks, because Bidoof is one of my favorites.

Use the Wonder Trade. You're bound to get one.

Stealthfire
Oct 4, 2013

BougieBitch posted:

I've got Y and found one Plusle in a horde encounter of mostly Minum. That might be the only way to catch it in Y.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Anyone with a Florges able to report whether it learns any decent special grass moves?

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Goddamnit! Isn't Goomy supposed to be on Route 12? GOOMY! WHEREFORE ART THOU GOOMY?!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Did anyone figure out where the move relearners and deleters are?

Also you don't really need HM slaves in this, I have a party of 6 fully functioning pokemon for the first time. You need Surf but it's one of the best attacks for water pokemon so it's not a huge deal.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

LordHippoman posted:

I can confirm both are in X, but Bidoof seem... not "rare", but semi-uncommon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Captain Fargle posted:

Goddamnit! Isn't Goomy supposed to be on Route 12? GOOMY! WHEREFORE ART THOU GOOMY?!

If you want one, check the trading thread.

• Locked thread