Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

QuasiQuack posted:

Would it count if I used rain dance in battle and it leveled? I can't find any natural rain and my Sligoo is 54 :(

I assume so, my Sligoo is level 33 so I'm miles away.

Power leveling in the post game is really annoying, Gen V spoiled me with its Audinos. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Ahhh I didn't realize it was EVs, that makes much more sense. Thanks for the info guys!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

horriblePencilist posted:

Discussion > Games > Pokemon Megathread 6.0: Stop Wondertrading Metapods

I really like the idea of Wonder Trading but I think they need to change it to take the level or rarity of the Pokemon into account. 90% of the time you get a Pokemon from one of the first couple of routes, and if you actually get something good you feel terrible because you probably traded a Scatterbug for it

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Help Im Alive posted:

I really like the idea of Wonder Trading but I think they need to change it to take the level or rarity of the Pokemon into account. 90% of the time you get a Pokemon from one of the first couple of routes, and if you actually get something good you feel terrible because you probably traded a Scatterbug for it

I've been using it as a fun sort of roulette to unload all these male starters I'm breeding trying for a female of each gen1/6. I rarely get anything worth writing home about, but I'm sure it makes somebody's day :3

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Nakar posted:

Figured out the snooty store, for people like me still struggling with it: It doesn't seem to have much of anything to do with what you're wearing. What does seem to matter is activities in the city. Notably, I was denied entry, went and did the one-star restaurant battles perfectly (star next to the meal), still couldn't get in, then went and worked all three jobs at the hotel and after doing them was allowed inside.

Basically when she says "go do stuff" she pretty much means that, just do whatever random services are available in town until it works. Fight the restaurants, get a haircut, make a PR video, get a dog groomed, probably some or all of it applies and once you've done a certain amount it will unlock the boutique.

The trenchcoat is pretty slick. I'm not sure if the colors on the suits and whatnot change on a daily basis like it seems the ones in other boutiques do, but I'll keep an eye out.

I am almost certain this is the way you get into the boutique. I was refused entry, I did a bunch of stuff around the town and tried again and I was allowed in. No outfit change, no day change. My only guess is "stylish" was a mistranslation of "popular" or "renowned" or something.

Edit: To clarify, it's "Do stuff in town"
I didn't get anything groomed, myself included, but I did do the 3 hotel quests, made a PR video and passed the 3 star and a 2 star restaurant.

Gentleman Baller fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 13, 2013

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Is there any setting or reason that my in game clock continues to count up when my System is in sleep mode? I played for only a few hours yesterday but my save says 9 hours.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

Help Im Alive posted:

I got a Haunter that immediately evolved into Gengar for something crap, so to do some karmic balancing sent a Graveller out.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Does anyone know exactly how the meters in Pokemon-amie work?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Why does Kirlia suck so much Jesus.

Hopefully Gardevoir makes all this dumb grinding worth it!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Asnorban posted:

Is there any setting or reason that my in game clock continues to count up when my System is in sleep mode? I played for only a few hours yesterday but my save says 9 hours.

Do you have the wifi turned on? I think that's what is doing it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Thuryl posted:

According to Smogon, it and its evolution lean more toward physical attacks.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

One other question, where can I find a Dusk Stone?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I think BW2 did that to me unless I pressed X before shutting my 3DS.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Beasteh posted:

Why does Kirlia suck so much Jesus.

Hopefully Gardevoir makes all this dumb grinding worth it!

Kirlia is famous for statistically being the absolute weakest evolved pokemon. Its final forms make up for its teenage awkwardness, if you're patient or have a male with a Dawn Stone.

Speaking of stones, are they as hard to come by as they were in Gen V? I miss being able to buy the things or at least having a mini-game that could dig them up.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 13, 2013

SebastianK
Dec 4, 2011

Congratulations
Making Tyranitar a Y exclusive and Tyranitarite an X one is evil. :argh:

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

One other question, where can I find a Dusk Stone?

Terminus Cave, found after the seventh gym.

SebastianK posted:

Making Tyranitar a Y exclusive and Tyranitarite an X one is evil. :argh:

It's random, but I found a Pupitar in my X using the Friend Safari.

Training up my Klinklang, and it's exactly the same as it was in Gen V: great physical stats, but mainly learns special moves leveling up. So far the only new move it learns is Magnetic Flux: boosts the defence stats of Pokémon with Plus or Minus. :sigh:

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I said come in! posted:

Do you have the wifi turned on? I think that's what is doing it.

I do. I'll try turning it off. Thanks.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zerilan posted:

Does anyone know exactly how the meters in Pokemon-amie work?

Whenever you get enough hearts above your guy's head (after feeding it or betting it) you should get a chain of them that appear without you doing anything. When that happens your affection goes up by one heart. The last affection heart takes two of these chains to appear, though.

The second meter just fills as you feed your pokemon. When it's full you can't feed it anymore until you play mini games or maybe after time passes?

The third meter fills as you play the mini games but I don't know what it affects.

I've had these effects with maxed out Poke-amie affection: Reading the trainer's mind to somehow dodge an attack, getting a crit out of nowhere, and surviving at 1HP like the pokemon had endure or a focus sash. I'm sure that there are more effects but I haven't seen them yet. I also haven't noticed any of the effects while mega evolved which is kind of a shame.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gentleman Baller posted:

I am almost certain this is the way you get into the boutique. I was refused entry, I did a bunch of stuff around the town and tried again and I was allowed in. No outfit change, no day change. My only guess is "stylish" was a mistranslation of "popular" or "renowned" or something.

Edit: To clarify, it's "Do stuff in town"
I didn't get anything groomed, myself included, but I did do the 3 hotel quests, made a PR video and passed the 3 star and a 2 star restaurant.

One of the people near the store actually says "Being stylish means knowing all about everything in Lumiose City!" or something so yeah that's probably it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Asnorban posted:

I do. I'll try turning it off. Thanks.

Wifi kills the battery real fast anyways. :(

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Seeing Seviper gang up on a lone Zangoose makes me sad. Is it possible to encounter a horde of Zangoose with one Seviper?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I've aced the first 6 super training stages on the first try and all I got was this lousy lightning stone :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Grinding super training level 2 seems to be much more efficient than grinding level 3. The minigames are considerably easier so you can finish them a lot quicker.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Anyone have any idea how I level my o-power abilities?
Also is there and benefit of Pokemon Amie outside of evolving Eevee into Sylveon (Affection, fullness, enjoyment?)?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

HeyItsAyls posted:

I assume so, my Sligoo is level 33 so I'm miles away.

Power leveling in the post game is really annoying, Gen V spoiled me with its Audinos. :sigh:

It didn't work :smith:

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

Seeing Seviper gang up on a lone Zangoose makes me sad. Is it possible to encounter a horde of Zangoose with one Seviper?

Yes, it is possible.

Soilmate
Feb 18, 2013
For those wondering about the evolution stones, you also get them by completing the secret super trainings. (Unlocked after you max out a Pokemons EVs.)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I thought B/W had a cool thing going with the urban places and antagonist army. Does this new one have anything interesting storywise?
I have the compulsion to get the shiny new one, but I only ever got about four hours into Black and could always just pick that up again.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
So my map says there's a boutique in Cyllage city, but I'm apparently really dumb and can't seem to find it. Can someone point me towards it? Edit: Nevermind, found it!

Also, where can I get a Dusk Stone?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, decided I couldn't wait any more. Grabbed a Goomy off the GTS, bred it to the Bagon I caught yesterday, and soon I'll have a lovely squishy dragon of my very own.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Previous Jesus posted:

So my map says there's a boutique in Cyllage city, but I'm apparently really dumb and can't seem to find it. Can someone point me towards it? Edit: Nevermind, found it!

Take the road between the pokecenter and the bicycle shop. It's right above those two.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Anyone else getting a Communication error crash when trying to use the GTS?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Well, I've aced every Super training and I got a fire stone from the Aggron stage. Does this mean that the stones rewarded are random?

Edit: From doing the Aggron challenge 5 times and beating the time limit I got: Fire, Lightning, Fire, Moomoo milk and fire stone in that order.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 13, 2013

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Dastardly posted:

Well, I've aced every Super training and I got a fire stone from the Aggron stage. Does this mean that the stones rewarded are random?

Yeah, it seems so, but the game hints that the faster your completion time, the better the prize.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Evil Eagle posted:

The third meter fills as you play the mini games but I don't know what it affects.

It seems to control how many times you can pet the Pokemon before it stops gaining affection points.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The most important question: is there a boutique to get rid of dumb hats?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

HeyItsAyls posted:

Terminus Cave, found after the seventh gym.

Thanks.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are you able to trade items in this game? Will I be able to find someone to trade with and get Charizardite X?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Just got a dusk stone from the Aegislash challenge. Has someone confirmed if Aegislash still learns moves after evolving?

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 13, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
For those wanting Sylveon, Eevee learns Charm (which is Fairy-based) at level 29. I don't know if affection is a factor as well, but I got mine fairly happy with me (a little heart on its picture in the pokemon select screen of pokemon-amie), and it evolved right after learning Charm so take that with a grain of salt and experiment :shrug:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

For those wanting Sylveon, Eevee learns Charm (which is Fairy-based) at level 29. I don't know if affection is a factor as well, but I got mine fairly happy with me (a little heart on its picture in the pokemon select screen of pokemon-amie), and it evolved right after learning Charm so take that with a grain of salt and experiment :shrug:.

I don't think happiness or a fairy type move matters at all, here's a post I made earlier:

quote:

So if anyone is wondering about evolving Eevee into Sylveon, I just got mine. I caught a level 19 Eevee, maxed out the affection stat in the Pokemon-amie and levelled it up once.

• Locked thread