Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Hammerite posted:

Ok, since I left this thread on Friday evening there have been about 2000 posts. I've been actually playing the game rather than keeping up with the thread you see. I don't know whether there has been much posting of information that should be added/corrected in the OP, or if people couldn't really give a drat what the OP says, but if there is anything that needs changing I wonder if someone could repost it.

A few people have requested that earliest places to find the new pokemon should be added. I don't think they're all necessary, but it might be nice to throw in the most often asked, like Goomy, Skrelp/Clauncher, and Swirlix/Spritzee.

Also good information to add would be how to evolve Eevee into Sylveon and how to access the specialty boutique in Lumiose City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Funkmaster General posted:

I wish we could just straight up swap caught Pokemon into new balls.

Would probably kill somebody for this to happen.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I've asked twice but this is kinda important to me: Can anyone far enough in the game take my Pancham, unlearn its Cut and send it back to me? I don't want to level it any further in fear of it learning a good move and that can't happen with Cut hogging the spot.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
They really just need to gently caress off with that "you can't forget HMs without forbidden magic" thing. It was a bad design decision to begin with. It was even worse when HMs stopped being necessary to progress in V.

Sadly I'm only at the second gym so I can't help.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

horriblePencilist posted:

I've asked twice but this is kinda important to me: Can anyone far enough in the game take my Pancham, unlearn its Cut and send it back to me? I don't want to level it any further in fear of it learning a good move and that can't happen with Cut hogging the spot.

You can't trade pokemon with HM moves. Although you can wonder trade them, apparently. Good luck getting someone to do that randomly that way, though.

Also if you miss out on a move, you can always take it to the move relearner later on.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

On the main street of Not-Paris.

Early tip: The second shop clerk in the Pokecenter of Not-Paris has a couple of TMs, some pretty nice, for 10k yen a piece.

What avenue is that, then? I can never find anything in that place, I really dislike it.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Jsor posted:

They really just need to gently caress off with that "you can't forget HMs without forbidden magic" thing. It was a bad design decision to begin with. It was even worse when HMs stopped being necessary to progress in V.

The reason it's there is to make sure you don't unlearn, for example, surf while on one of those 5x5 sand islands in the middle of nowhere.

Although they could just make it so you can't unlearn it if you can't immediately relearn it or otherwise leave said island.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Jsor posted:

Or at least make every HM about as good as surf is. Lapras having its own model for surfing is the best thing by the way.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!

Feranon posted:

Would probably kill somebody for this to happen.

Oh god yes I want my pokemon in lovely luxury balls

pixfix
Nov 4, 2010

GET IN THE BIN
I have a Houndoom I am willing to trade for any Y exclusive. Anyone interested?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

In Super Training, what do the pokemon get for hitting the black default punching bag when none of the special ones are selected?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Edit: ^^^ Nothing on its own, but you can randomly find new punching bags.

Well drat. Looks like I'll just have to manage, then.

Manatee Cannon posted:

What avenue is that, then? I can never find anything in that place, I really dislike it.

I believe it was near the PR Studio, on the opposing side.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Edit: ^^^ Nothing on its own, but you can randomly find new punching bags.

Well drat. Looks like I'll just have to manage, then.

I believe it was near the PR Studio, on the opposing side.

Thanks. I'm surprised they don't let you see what you're getting.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Music Theory posted:

The reason it's there is to make sure you don't unlearn, for example, surf while on one of those 5x5 sand islands in the middle of nowhere.

Although they could just make it so you can't unlearn it if you can't immediately relearn it or otherwise leave said island.

If you could delete HMs, you'd never be able to get yourself into that situation because there'd be no way to get there without surf, and therefor no way to not have a pokemon who could learn it. I'm pretty sure you can't store HMs in your PC and why would you anyway? I haven't used item storage in the PC since gen 1 at all, let alone putting important stuff in there.

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
GTS'd a Houndour for a Squirtle, and an Aerodactyl (out of 3 that I had) for a Charmander. People are so generous! Hoping for a Chespin and a Fennekin next.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

In Super Training, what do the pokemon get for hitting the black default punching bag when none of the special ones are selected?

Doing this randomly gives you new bags. Punching the blank punching bag is by far the quickest way to get reset bags.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

If you could delete HMs, you'd never be able to get yourself into that situation because there'd be no way to get there without surf, and therefor no way to not have a pokemon who could learn it. I'm pretty sure you can't store HMs in your PC and why would you anyway? I haven't used item storage in the PC since gen 1 at all, let alone putting important stuff in there.

Is PC item storage even still a thing? I thought once backpacks became Bags of Holding (albeit with a 99x per item restriction) they phased out PC storage.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

jivjov posted:

Is PC item storage even still a thing? I thought once backpacks became Bags of Holding (albeit with a 99x per item restriction) they phased out PC storage.

I... actually don't know, now that you mention it. Let me go check.

e: Nope. No PC item storage in X/Y. Pretty sure it was still a thing in B/W, though.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 13, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
You can't pet Shedinja's halo in Pokemon Amie. That's crazy.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I'm unclear on how Pokemon Amie works. How do I play with my charmander in it? Only my frogadier seems to be an option.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

If you deposit a Pokemon on GTS, does it alert you when the trade goes through?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm unclear on how Pokemon Amie works. How do I play with my charmander in it? Only my frogadier seems to be an option.

Click him and hit switch to choose a different guy. Only one can be active at a time, because if the lower screen is on Amie, even if you aren't actively playing with them, visiting pokemon will show up to play and leave gifts and stuff.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Oblivious posted:

Tap your Frogadier and there will be option to switch that pops up.

e:f;b

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

You can't pet Shedinja's halo in Pokemon Amie. That's crazy.

The best thing IMO is how Pokemon actually have species-based preferences for where and how you should pet them. Tyrunt likes chin scratches better than belly rubs or head pets, Mareep gets uncomfortable if you rub his ears, and Charmeleon gets angry if you touch his horn.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Where/when do you find Xerneas/Yveltal? I want to leave a spot open in my party so I can quickly check nature/stats.

Also, how soon do you think there will be an IV calculator update for 6th gen?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The best thing IMO is how Pokemon actually have species-based preferences for where and how you should pet them. Tyrunt likes chin scratches better than belly rubs or head pets, Mareep gets uncomfortable if you rub his ears, and Charmeleon gets angry if you touch his horn.

The hand pointer freezes when you touch Amaura's ice crystals. :3:

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
All the small things in this game like how you slide down steep hills and the different animations for each Pokemon when they battle is nuts. And the fact you have normal walking, running shoes, roller blades, and a bike is overkill. This game just has so much stuff that it throws at you. Unfortunate, when a multi-hit move gets thrown at you it takes forever (and don't tell me to turn off battle animations on my first play through).

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
How robust is the 3ds touch screen? I always worry about breaking it during minigames if I press too hard.

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.

redcheval posted:

If you deposit a Pokemon on GTS, does it alert you when the trade goes through?
No, unfortunately you have to go back and check it periodically.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Dead Pikachu posted:

No, unfortunately you have to go back and check it periodically.

Aw bummer. Thanks!

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Sorry for the newbie question, this is my first poke game, but what are things to consider when the question of evolutions come up? Should I evolve right away? or wait?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

So which cave do I have to scour to find a Mawile?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

pandaK posted:

Glittering Cave. Took me forever to find one, like 2 hours of solid searching.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Guilty posted:

Sorry for the newbie question, this is my first poke game, but what are things to consider when the question of evolutions come up? Should I evolve right away? or wait?
Usually, you can evolve right away. Some pokemon learn moves quicker in their earlier stages, and mons who evolve with stones tend to learn very few after they evolve, but other than that, the high stats are usually worth it. (Especially since there are a few who learn certain moves only when you evolve them at the first available level. Mostly bugs.)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zurai posted:

Glittering Cave. Took me forever to find one, like 2 hours of solid searching.

I found one on my first time through :smug:

Then proceeded to spend 30 minutes in there anyways because someone mistakenly told me Carbink was in that cave.

Just got Malamar. It seems like if you do stuff in Poke Amie with him while your 3DS is upside down, he enjoys it more :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh dear, I have an addiction to evolving pokemon. I keep thinking I should start working on training more of the guys I'm actually going to use but then instead I'm like "well it's only a few more levels until this Nincada evolves and then I can get Shedinja which is cool so let me do that first". And before that it was training the female Combee to get Vespiquen.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

pandaK posted:

I think I found mine in the Connecting Cave.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

One has not truly played Pokemon until one has experienced two evolutions from the same battle.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Music Theory posted:

One has not truly played Pokemon until one has experienced two evolutions from the same battle.

It's pretty glorious (for me it was Tyrunt to Tyrantrum at the same time baby Kirlia evolved into Gardevoir)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
How do I reset EVs? I remember there being a way, but I just started level 3 Special training and well my Tyrantrum's EV's are messed up

• Locked thread