Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Is Togepi catchable anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I like the idea of male and female Pokemon having small differences in their models, I really do. It's a small step in making each Pokemon look a bit more unique and all that. Thaaat said, I just caught a female Wobbuffet and I cannot stop laughing.

Also, I love Wonder Trade. It's never a good idea but the results are pretty funny sometimes.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Unbound posted:

Does Sliggoo evolve during rain? I thought he needed to get to level 70.

It's level 50 in the rain.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Where are you supposed to go after beating Korrina and getting the Mega-ring in Shaulour? Town. I haven't found the HM for surf either :saddowns:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Unbound posted:

Does Sliggoo evolve during rain? I thought he needed to get to level 70.

According to this he needs rain and level 50.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Boomstick Quaid posted:

It's level 50 in the rain.

Oh! Well mine has about 300xp to Level 50. Happy day!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Anyone know where aron and poochyena are on X?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

zari-gani posted:

Caught my very first shiny ever. I love this game.

Holy poo poo that sword. I can't wait to see what it looks like fully evolved. :black101:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Desperate Character posted:

Where are you supposed to go after beating Korrina and getting the Mega-ring in Shaulour? Town. I haven't found the HM for surf either :saddowns:

Did you learn about Mega Evolution yet? If not. Go to the top of the tower thing in the same town.

Zerilan posted:

Anyone know where aron and poochyena are on X?
I found Lairon in the cave after the 7th badge.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
e: double post. sorry

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mastajake posted:

It's rained both trips I've taken to sparkling cave.

You're right, thank you.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Coin Amulet and Prize Money Power in the Battle Chateau is bonkers. I got like 75k from a couple battles.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
What is a good nature for Skrelp?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Unbound posted:

Did you learn about Mega Evolution yet? If not. Go to the top of the tower thing in the same town.

Is there something else there besides getting the Mega-Lucario?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

No. I'm pretty sure you exit the town to the east.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

If you go in the rooms in the tower you can get a TM. I forgot which one, though.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I don't think the game explained it, but is the number next to the mega evolution icon during a battle decreased every time mega evolution is used, like PP, but then increased when the pokémon KO's another?

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
So I bought a physical copy and have been having a grand old time but now my wife wants to try. Is there any way to get multiple saves? I read that you can swap SD cards but it looks like that's only for the digital copy?

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy

horriblePencilist posted:

Coin Amulet and Prize Money Power in the Battle Chateau is bonkers. I got like 75k from a couple battles.

Elite Four grinding + Amulet Coin + Level 2 Money O-Power nets like 300k per run. If only the credits were skippable!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god, gently caress this stupid desert outside the power plant. Trying to find the stupid pass card, which I had to check online to see that I needed to Dowse because you never have a reason to use it before. Trouble is, there's one spot I can't get to because after every battle, another pokemon spawns right the hell next to me.

Who thought this was a good idea? I wouldn't mind dowsing for the item if there weren't roaming encounters constantly getting in your way.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

:stare: The television shows in Kalos are terrifying. Apparently Psybeam's effects are 'psychadelic,' 'dangerous,' and 'great for exams and everyday life.' :lsd:

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh my god, gently caress this stupid desert outside the power plant. Trying to find the stupid pass card, which I had to check online to see that I needed to Dowse because you never have a reason to use it before.

The Team Flare grunt right next to the pass card says something that makes it pretty obvious you have to douse for it.

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy

Previous Jesus posted:

The Team Flare grunt right next to the pass card says something that makes it pretty obvious you have to douse for it.

He also gives you exact directions to the card right down to the proper number of steps relative to his location, so this really isn't an issue. The desert still sucks, though.

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh my god, gently caress this stupid desert outside the power plant. Trying to find the stupid pass card, which I had to check online to see that I needed to Dowse because you never have a reason to use it before. Trouble is, there's one spot I can't get to because after every battle, another pokemon spawns right the hell next to me.

Who thought this was a good idea? I wouldn't mind dowsing for the item if there weren't roaming encounters constantly getting in your way.

The Team Flare Grunt tells you exactly where it is (and I mean directly, "nine steps to the east") and states explicitly you should use the dowsing machine.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I'm really digging the variety of dudes in this game. Every route has like 5-6 different guys in it, and so far most haven't been repeating from route to route. Big change from Black and White where they would be only 2-3 guys per area and some guys would repeat constantly (I'm looking at you, Basculin).

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
I really like the way they incorporated the new movement in the ice sliding puzzles in Frost Cavern. It made them actually interesting for once.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Oxyclean posted:

I think I'm cursed, I've seen at least 4-5 people say they got a lightball after 1-4 catches. I've pretty much gone broke catching pikachus.

Where are they? I thought they were route 3 or the forest around there but spent about an hour and never saw one. Are they only in Y, or did I misread the pokedex?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Asnorban posted:

Where are they? I thought they were route 3 or the forest around there but spent about an hour and never saw one. Are they only in Y, or did I misread the pokedex?

They are in both. That forest and the route outside of it are the places for them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Hikaki posted:

So I bought a physical copy and have been having a grand old time but now my wife wants to try. Is there any way to get multiple saves? I read that you can swap SD cards but it looks like that's only for the digital copy?
Only one save per cart! Nintendo wants your money.

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy
Anyone have a Koffing or a Bronzor available in their Friend Safari? 100 friend codes have rendered fruitless and I have a friend who really wants to play through with those guys.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Holy poo poo, what is the secret to winning at any Super Training using Skrelp? Auto machine gun might be the most obnoxious and impossibly difficult pokemon trait to deal with.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Chesnaught is a goddamn badass! Glad I picked Chespin!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

What people don't understand about Pikachus, I think, are that while they are pretty rare, having a pokemon with static in your party increases the appearance rate of other electric pokemon. This is why so many people are saying "it took forever to find one but now they're all over the place!"

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

So what's Noivern like? Mostly physical or special attack leaning?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Emalde posted:

Holy poo poo, what is the secret to winning at any Super Training using Skrelp? Auto machine gun might be the most obnoxious and impossibly difficult pokemon trait to deal with.

Don't try to charge, hit all the white targets before they disappear twice and one of the red ones that doesn't immediately disappear will show up. Blast away at that with your machine gun and you should be able to win.

Well, as long as you don't want to train Special Defense. That's some bullshit.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

BattleCake posted:

Special.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

BattleCake posted:

Special Attacker with insane speed. His signature move, Boomburst, is apparently a Normal Special attack with 140BP and 100% Accuracy.

SCROTEBUSTIN
Sep 2, 2008

"the asslicker" of fyad
Hey guys, just started, I accidentally fainted the Snorlax. Should I reload (I should've saved beforehand) or can I get another one at some point?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Where's Aerodactyl at? I'm about to take on the Electric Gym and I could use someone with solid Rock moves to get me through it.

I meant to use my one PP Up I've stumbled upon on Tyrantrum's Ancient Power but I used it on Dragon Claw instead by accident. Ugh. Anywhere I can find PP Ups at this point in the game would be hugely appreciated. Why are these still so hard to come by?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Anyone know where to catch Clauncher? I'm 5 gyms in and living without one is getting unbearable.

On the plus side, I caught a Goomy! It's hard to find time to do anything but pet it and feed it cakes :kimchi:

edit:

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Where's Aerodactyl at? I'm about to take on the Electric Gym and I could use someone with solid Rock moves to get me through it.

You can get an Old Amber by smashing rocks in the glittering cave.

Mr. Baps fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 13, 2013

• Locked thread