Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

I can't find anything in Lumiose City. I don't even know where this "you must be this stylish to pass" boutique is. Something about the layout and the dumb camera is disorienting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

LemonLimeTime posted:

How do you mean stock cycles daily? And I saw in trailers, at least it seemed with a female trainer you could change you hair. How true is this?

Oops, I forgot - you can cut your hair, in Not-Paris. As for what I meant with stock cycles daily, every day there'll be a new collection of clothes, though most of them just seem to be different colors.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Mondlicht posted:

I'm wondering if there are colors aside from blonde/dirty blonde/brunette/black. When I got my hair done in not!Paris it only gave me those options, I feel like, but I could be wrong. My dreams of having dumb punky hair may not be realized in this Gen.

My dreams of having my real life hair I know are not going to be realized, but I can dream of one sided swooped dark brown hair.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there a way to not use the skates? I hate how I end up overshooting every interaction because of how fast those things make you move. I know you can switch to the dpad, but that's no where near as comfortable as using the circle pad for movement.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
Where is the move relearner located? My Budew finally evolved at level 36 and I think it missed all of its good moves.

e: vvv Hit "switch Pokemon" and select one to see their Pokemon-Amie stats.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
How do I check how much my Pokemon love me in Pokemon-Amie?

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 13, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gunder posted:

Is there a way to not use the skates? I hate how I end up overshooting every interaction because of how fast those things make you move. I know you can switch to the dpad, but that's no where near as comfortable as using the circle pad for movement.

Using the D-pad is only way, unless you're in a building or something.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I am incredibly mortified that Nintendo made it that i can't call a Skiddo "Goatse". Thanks Obama.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

5er posted:

I LOVE the change to Exp Share.

It's cool but you might want to turn it off eventually. Admittedly I've been progressing very slowly because I'm catching everything before moving on, but I'm way overlevelled. I just beat the 3rd gym and my six Pokemon were all late 30's/early 40's. (The gym leader was using level 28 Pokemon)

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Gunder posted:

Keep the dowsing machine out

Jun 23, 2010

Oh poo poo, was I supposed to tip in the restaurant? I accidentally pressed A too fast. Are there actually any benefits to doing so?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Is it just me or does the internet connection for the friend interface thing crash every time you go into the Home menu and come back?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Help Im Alive posted:

It's cool but you might want to turn it off eventually. Admittedly I've been progressing very slowly because I'm catching everything before moving on, but I'm way overlevelled. I just beat the 3rd gym and my six Pokemon were all late 30's/early 40's. (The gym leader was using level 28 Pokemon)

Yeah, its basically Easy Mode from White 2. Turning it off still lets you get more than enough EXP to keep a team of 6 up with the gym leaders and such and makes the game more fun for me because I'm not steamrolling everything.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

A dude in the Stone store in Lumiose offered to sell me Mega Charizardite Y for 1,000,000 Poke Dollars

I read GameFAQs to look something up, and someone said the price goes down to 150,000 if you get all 3 Kanto starters fully evolved. Could be bullshit though.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

This is why I've been changing my party constantly to level people up instead of having one massive killer squad.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
Is there a 'the last 5 editions of pokemon for dummies' out there somewhere? Anything with just basic tips or notes about the 600 pokemon I don't recognize?

E: is there a pokemon power ranking, or tiers?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Zhent posted:

Is there a 'the last 5 editions of pokemon for dummies' out there somewhere? Anything with just basic tips or notes about the 600 pokemon I don't recognize?

http://www.serebii.net/ has been indispensable for me in terms of looking up typings etc

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
There is no Hawlucha animation that isn't amazing. Put one on your team.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Zhent posted:

Bulbapedia is a good, if a bit :spergin: source. Smogon if you're into more competitive stuff.

Otherwise, they mostly look the part, so that blocky rocky dude is probably a Rock-type :v:

Zhent posted:

E: is there a pokemon power ranking, or tiers?

Smogon is your best bet. http://www.smogon.com/

They even had a "in-game tiers" list, about which Pokemon are good for the single-player portion, but I think that only goes up to Gen IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I just realized that receiving trash pokemon from trades with actual friends has a benefit now.

Wonder Trade fodder :getin:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Is it me, or are there subtle differences in sound when the enemy attacks? My Eevee just fought another Eevee and both used Swift, though I could swear the enemy's attack sounded slightly lower in pitch.

Also, you evolve Eevee to Sylveon by maxing out Affection through Pokemon Amie and leveling up, right? Is there anything beyond 5 hearts? Because I did both and it still wouldn't work.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So I just got my doublade and I was wondering if it's easy to get a dusk stone. I just got my fourth badge, also if I do evolve it, does ageislash learn moves still?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I just now realized that all the icons I saw on PSS with facial hair were just people using a default trainer icon. I was hoping there was some shop I could buy mustaches from.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Which would be stronger mon:

Inkay with eviolite, or Malamar?

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
So uh, is there any reason a Flabebe should be blue or did I just find a shiny?

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

DupaDupa posted:

So uh, is there any reason a Flabebe should be blue or did I just find a shiny?

They come in Blue, Pink, or Yellow.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mondlicht posted:

They come in White and Orange too.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Mondlicht posted:

ah dang, I thought that was too easy :(

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

horriblePencilist posted:

Is it me, or are there subtle differences in sound when the enemy attacks? My Eevee just fought another Eevee and both used Swift, though I could swear the enemy's attack sounded slightly lower in pitch.

Also, you evolve Eevee to Sylveon by maxing out Affection through Pokemon Amie and leveling up, right? Is there anything beyond 5 hearts? Because I did both and it still wouldn't work.

You're not wrong. There's a lady in a house... somewhere, who gives you a prize if you guess which of your pokemon she's imitating. I failed three times in a row because I thought she was picking Gloom, but it was Lapras all three times. Each one sounded different.

You do not have to max affection with Eevee. Mine had 2 friendship hearts in Pokemon-Amie when it evolved. What level was your Eevee/what were its moves? Mine was L19 when I caught it and it evolved at 20. I had played around with it a bunch and kept it in the party while I did some other stuff. I put it in for a few battles to get some XP and it evolved right at 20. It had Baby-Doll Eyes in the first slot, so maybe if it's slightly higher, something overwrites that and you have to wait for its next Fairy move. Which I think is L29 or so.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

The hardest thing by far is picking just six guys for your team.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

DupaDupa posted:

ah dang, I thought that was too easy :(

You'll know when you encounter a shiny because of the short sparkle animation with darkened background at the beginning.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Where are you guys finding your Eevees? I have fought what feels like a thousand random battles on Route 10 and haven't found one yet.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Welp. I'm starting to realize that Natures and IVs actually DO kind of matter. My Delphox kinda sucks cause it has a Careful nature and really high Special Defense I guess? But my Blaziken owns cause he's Naughty and has super high Special Attack and Speed. I'd really like a pro rear end Drapion as I just caught a bunch of Skorupi and Drapion covers a lot of my team's type and attack gaps, but this whole Nature and IVs thing is really confusing for me. Shame that this game made it even more accessible to sperg out about EVs and stuff too.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The hardest thing by far is picking just six guys for your team.

With the new experience mechanics, I'm not even bothering. I have at least 20 guys that I've been rotating around and using. I've been usually slightly under-leveled or matching level with trainer Pokemon, but because the AI is dumb it's still pretty easy. Plus I keep one of my two starters around in my party so I always have an "oh poo poo" option if I need it.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Pancham is the most adorable pokemon. He's trying so hard to be angry. And that karate chop animation. Dude is great.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

big mean giraffe posted:

Where are you guys finding your Eevees? I have fought what feels like a thousand random battles on Route 10 and haven't found one yet.

Got mine just north of... uh. Second gym town, whatever it's called. Grant's the leader there, it's by the beach. Up north in the weird stone fields.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ChibiSoma posted:

You're not wrong. There's a lady in a house... somewhere, who gives you a prize if you guess which of your pokemon she's imitating. I failed three times in a row because I thought she was picking Gloom, but it was Lapras all three times. Each one sounded different.

You do not have to max affection with Eevee. Mine had 2 friendship hearts in Pokemon-Amie when it evolved. What level was your Eevee/what were its moves? Mine was L19 when I caught it and it evolved at 20. I had played around with it a bunch and kept it in the party while I did some other stuff. I put it in for a few battles to get some XP and it evolved right at 20. It had Baby-Doll Eyes in the first slot, so maybe if it's slightly higher, something overwrites that and you have to wait for its next Fairy move. Which I think is L29 or so.

My Eevee also evolved at level 20 and it knew Baby-Doll Eyes. I maxed out my Pokemon-Amie affection and I figured that was the trigger to evolve it, my bad. I guess the fairy type move is what makes it evolve after all. I posted about it earlier in the thread, sorry if it mislead anyone!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

ChibiSoma posted:

Ah, alright. My Eevee is currently level 24, and I got it through Wondertrade at level 21. It doesn't know any Fairy moves, so that explains it.

Edit: Is it me or is Skiddo just... not good? I've been training him for 13 levels now, and he just doesn't really seem that strong. Does he get better as Gogoat? And when does he evolve?

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 14, 2013

Broand
Oct 13, 2011
So Pangoro and Doublade can clean out Team Flare battles pretty easily. Pangoro is great for smashing dark types and Doublade resists poison and can cut apart psychic types with ghost attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

ChibiSoma posted:

Got mine just north of... uh. Second gym town, whatever it's called. Grant's the leader there, it's by the beach. Up north in the weird stone fields.

Yeah that's route 10, I have done so many random encounters and haven't found one yet.

• Locked thread