Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh my oh my.
You know how No Guard, Honedge's ability, doesn't let you miss?
Well I just found out you can hit opponents who Dig and Fly because those are basically evasions. There is no escape :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Just found out that Skrelp/Dragalge's 3rd ability is Adaptability.

:shepicide:

I need to know how to get that 3rd ability.

e: oh wait I forgot about the BP item that changes it :allears:

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 14, 2013

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

DiabloStarCraft posted:

People keep telling me Ralts is amazing but he seems really piss weak?
My ralts' stats -
AT 16
DEF 20
SP. AT 26
SP.DEF 21
Speed 26
Bashful

and he knows Teleport, Confusion, Double Team and Return, all of which either don't do damage or do piss poor amounts of damage, and confusion never confuses. Any physical attack against him really seems to hurt him quite bad also. He's level 19 and has 41 health.

Ralts is piss weak, and to a degree so is Kirlia (even though it has this wonderful "I'm going to stab you for making me take dance lessons" look as it dances for you). However both end options, Gardevoir and Gallade, are murderbeasts (at least in single player). Gardevoir (evolve at 30) is a relatively fast Sp. Atk. wrecking ball and Gallade (evolve a male Kirlia with a Dawn Stone) is a relatively fast pyschic/fighting Atk. wrecking ball that gets Psycho Cut at level 36 (70 base attack physical psychic move). Both can learn a rather wide range of TMs to cover their strengths and weaknesses. Also, Gardevoir now has a mega-form for further psychic face wrecking.

Kikas posted:

Oh my oh my.
Well I just found out you can hit opponents who Dig and Fly because those are basically evasions. There is no escape :unsmigghh:

This is magnificent. :hist101:

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
Hey since this is the first Pokemon game where they can basically guarantee internet connectivity do you think they'll issue patches for it?

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Kikas posted:

Oh my oh my.

Honedge is just absurd. Pretty sure it's the strongest new mon by far excluding legendaries.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

DiabloStarCraft posted:

Hey since this is the first Pokemon game where they can basically guarantee internet connectivity do you think they'll issue patches for it?
They already said they won't.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Love how rockin the Team Flare battle music is

edit: Also uhh... the glistening cave is fully 3D, even the top down view of it. Why aren't the other non-battle parts of the game like this?

There are several caves/dungeons in full 3D. I think they're all the ones where you encounter Team Flare, for whatever reason.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Previous Jesus posted:

There are several caves/dungeons in full 3D. I think they're all the ones where you encounter Team Flare, for whatever reason.

They're doing their part to make their world more beautiful. But only for an extra-dimensional observer.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
When is the earliest a Ditto is available? Need one for breedin' projects.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is there someone to recommend shorts as being "comfy and easy to wear!"?

The poo poo-eating grin really makes the moment.

EDIT: Someone in Shalour City just made a Harmoknight reference. Love it

MykonosFan fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 14, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
There's a guy in Cyllage's Poke Center that gives you a Steelix for a Luv Disk. The trades have been crazy good so far.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What's the longest/silliest Wonder Trade string you guys have done? Usually I'll put something up and just keep trading what I get until I get something I don't have.

Put up a Remoraid named Rasputin. Here's the way this went.

Remoraid -> Pikachu -> Kakuna -> Japanese Flabebe -> Flabebe -> Japanese Flabebe from a guy in Texas -> English Mr. Mime from a guy in Japan.

Poor Flabebe. It gets traded around so much purely because it's really common. I wonder how many people actually use them. :( Once I get a Ditto, I'm gonna breed some fun stuff. Get some less common stuff out there. Could probably start my own Flabebe Ranch by the time I'm done, I'll have received so many.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

MotU posted:

When is the earliest a Ditto is available? Need one for breedin' projects.

I found one in the area around the 8th gym. If you'd like, I have to head there anyway, I'll try to grab you one.

e: I just ran into Articuno. It ran away before I could go for it.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 14, 2013

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Unbound posted:

I found one in the area around the 8th gym. If you'd like, I have to head there anyway, I'll try to grab you one.

That would be awesome. I don't have anything interesting to trade yet but after I get started up I will have Fennekins or Squirtles if you want an egg of either of those.

My FC is 3539-9227-9084 if you manage to snag one.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

So has anyone else had to take a break from playing after Not-Paris because that drat camera gave them a headache or am I just showing my age?

Anyway, some highlights from my game so far:

* - Twenty loving seven resets for a female Fennekin. And this game hates you with the white-hot passion of a thousand stars if you dare wish to reset for a certain starter. Arceus help you if you zone out during that rain of blah-blah before you get your starter. No interchangeable "friend" NPC, you are not going to go through the entire game calling me "T-kins".

* - Five steps in the first forest and hey there lady Pikachu with a Light Ball! Apparently, I was very lucky in that respect, and she's been covering some pretty nasty weaknesses. May swap her out once I get that T. rex... :black101:

* - My Vivillion has the Modern pattern and I couldn't be happier to have accidentally not specified my location further than "United States". New England is stuck with the Polar pattern even though we ought to have either one of the sea or forest-themed ones.

* - Went into a building in Not-Paris and got invited to start Wonder Trading. Put up the flower-Fairy thing I'd caught earlier expecting nothing -- and got a Honedge. :stare:

* - And now for a semi-serious question: Now that I know Pokemon-Amie doesn't affect friendship, what can I do to get my nearing level-20 Azurill who's been at the head of my party since she was level 3 to like me?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So for the training minigame where you attack the balloons, I should only do the challenges that raise the EVs of the stats I want that pokemon to get right? or are the boosts those challenges give different than the punching bags?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
All right, I got into the "Youre not stylish enough" boutique. I know it's all to do with stuff in Luminose itself, but you need the city to be a full power.
I did:
-Go to all the cafes
-defeat 3 of 4 trainers you meet in the alleyways
-went to both the 1 star and the 2 star restaurants
-did all 3 minigames at the hotel <-- I have a really strong feeling this might be the one thing to do, can someone test this?
-talked to everyone in the news office
-made a PR video

Apparently to get in you just need to go to the Restaurants, do all 3 minigames and speak to Alexa, according to the internet. But it needs testing. Also remember - stock in stores changes dialy.
EDIT:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So for the training minigame where you attack the balloons, I should only do the challenges that raise the EVs of the stats I want that pokemon to get right? or are the boosts those challenges give different than the punching bags?

Nah, there is no need to do all the minigames. Until you're playing with the Super Super Training.

Yeah, whoever posted that "You should wear a fedora" screenshot last - the fedora is a hefty 80k Pokedolla, so at the very least it shows your dedication to clothes.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 14, 2013

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Just out of curiosity, are your stats negatively effected in any way if you wait to do Super Training later on instead of doing it early? Don't want to tear through the main game easier than it already is, but I don't want my Pokemon to be underleveled post-game either. Also, does anyone know if Gastly/Haunter are available in the main game? I skipped the DS games, and I don't know if I'd have to trade back with someone from those games.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Whoa, someone Wonder traded me a Honegde with Pokerus!

Right after I spent two hours maxing out my teams EVs. :negative:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Trash Boat posted:

Just out of curiosity, are your stats negatively effected in any way if you wait to do Super Training later on instead of doing it early? Don't want to tear through the main game easier than it already is, but I don't want my Pokemon to be underleveled post-game either. Also, does anyone know if Gastly/Haunter are available in the main game? I skipped the DS games, and I don't know if I'd have to trade back with someone from those games.

Super Training is just getting EVs via minigames. Nothing effected for better or worse, and if you spend some time just punching the default black punching bag you can get a "Reset Bag" that will let you reset ALL of your EVs.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Someone was kind enough to send me a Graveler through Wondertrade! If he hadn't everything disabled, I'd send him something nicer than a drat japanese Flabebe.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
There's no guarantee anyone you challenge will be anywhere near a fair fight is there?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rahonavis posted:

* - Twenty loving seven resets for a female Fennekin. And this game hates you with the white-hot passion of a thousand stars if you dare wish to reset for a certain starter. Arceus help you if you zone out during that rain of blah-blah before you get your starter. No interchangeable "friend" NPC, you are not going to go through the entire game calling me "T-kins".
Could be worse. Could be the Kanto starter, where you have to fight through an entire battle every time.

... though, as I type this, I get my female on the second try.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Stalgren posted:

There no guarantee anyone you challenge will be anywhere near a fair fight is there?

My first go into that had me battling someone with a Mega Mewtwo Y. I just got Mega Evolutions.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

Very true- went from long blonde hair to short black hair. There were three options I saw for length (long, short, bobbed), some stuff about the bangs? and a whack load of different colours.

This upsets me. Only reason I chose a white girl is because the black hair was ugly.

Rahonavis posted:

* - And now for a semi-serious question: Now that I know Pokemon-Amie doesn't affect friendship, what can I do to get my nearing level-20 Azurill who's been at the head of my party since she was level 3 to like me?

Go into Paris and hold left while watching some TV?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Where do I go after I get the badge in Lumiose City?

Repelex
Jun 25, 2010

ketchum while they're young
How early can I find Honedge?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Repelex posted:

How early can I find Honedge?
Before Gym 2 on Route 6.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
Someone said Frogadier can breed with "Water 1"

Is that any pokemon on this page?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Water_1_(Egg_Group)

Can I really breed baby Frokies using a bidoof?

Also my friend has Fennekin, and wants to make baby ones, what does he have to use?

edit: How does Gender work into this?

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!

Unbound posted:

My first go into that had me battling someone with a Mega Mewtwo Y. I just got Mega Evolutions.

So no then I guess. Might as well pass on that then, I don't wanna be in no unfair fights and don't wanna beat up no little kids casual teams

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

Anyone have any luck catching a Taillow? Serebii is telling me Route 8, but I have romped through there for like 2 hours without any luck.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I put a Skrelp in Wonder Trade and got an awesome Inkay in return, I think this is the first wonder trade in history where neither person feels ripped off

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
My Helioptile is wiggling every time I send it out to battle. There's no text or indication, but it's always there. Does anyone know what that is?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Tyrunt is tearing poo poo up already drat. So is Honedge aww yeah :black101:

Also Honedge's No Gaurd ability loving kicks rear end. Yeah go on with your little sand storm more like sand... bore...m

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

horriblePencilist posted:

Someone was kind enough to send me a Graveler through Wondertrade! If he hadn't everything disabled, I'd send him something nicer than a drat japanese Flabebe.

That may have been me, unless there are other people trading Gravelers around for Japanese Flabebes. It's okay, though, now I'm just throwing Goomies out into the wild and seeing what I get. One was a Smeargle, which is pretty cool because I couldn't catch any last time I was near the Day Care Center. :3:

E: The others were a Simisage, an Oddish, and a Snorlax. That's surprisingly decent for Wondertrade. Still have two Goomies of opposite genders left so I can breed up a swarm and flood Wondertrade.

Badingading fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 14, 2013

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Wow I'm dumb. I was wanting to catch a bidoof to breed my Froakie, and I didn't even think to check if it was male until after I threw the ball.

Of course it was female.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Gonna ask one more time since it got overlooked, but if I get a duskstone and use it on a fresh doublade will the ageislash actually have moves to learn, or is it one of the stone evolutions where you want to wait till the last second?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Stalgren posted:

There's no guarantee anyone you challenge will be anywhere near a fair fight is there?

Yeah, that's one of the problems. You can challenge anyone but if it's a stranger you have no idea where they could be in the game, so the fight could easily be completely onesided. One guy challenged me after I gave him catch power +3, and he had caught Yveltal while I hadn't even beaten the second gym.

That said, I've had some fun with online battles. Malamar is a complete DICK and I love it. Swagger and foul play is such a nasty combo.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

DiabloStarCraft posted:

Someone said Frogadier can breed with "Water 1"

Is that any pokemon on this page?http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Water_1_(Egg_Group)

Can I really breed baby Frokies using a bidoof?

Also my friend has Fennekin, and wants to make baby ones, what does he have to use?

edit: How does Gender work into this?

Yes Froakie and all his evos are Water 1. So Bidoof is the easiest thing. And most ridiculous. To breed a pokemon you need to have a female of the poke you want more of and a male from the same group. If you only have a male you need to use a female Ditto which can breed with anything. Lots of cool pokemon only have like 1/8th of a chance of being female, that's why you get people saying it takes them five hundred restarts to get what they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I really don't understand some of the weird limitations on things in this game. I just got the bike, and it looks like it will let you go in any directions instead of just the 8. Why can't you do that while running?! :psyduck:

• Locked thread