Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I got a Pidgey with Fly in a Wonder Trade, but couldn't use it because I hadn't beaten the Grass Gym you ride the monorail to. :argh:

Got that done, though, and I can finally start levelling my 'mons that have been languishing in the PC because I hate backtracking!

Hang in there Sandwiches the Dwebble, Steve the Skiddo, and Jeen-Luck the Furfrou! I haven't forgotten about you!

(I should probably feel bad about that Furfrou through, shouldn't I? Especially since I want to get another one and name it Pickerd.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Anybody gotten their hands on an ability capsule yet? I'm curious as to whether or not you can get dream world abilities with it.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Sycamore Aides, what are you doing, this sentai thing would have helped when I first walked in the building.

:kamina:: "I leave before being left. I decide."

Side note, the Power Plant music owns.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

MrFlibble posted:

If you post your FC I can get you an egg with a beldum in it.

Mine is 5412-9913-6768. Thank you so much!!!!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
:dance: I love the new GTS. I got a Japanese Ditto for a Pinsir. Just caught the Pinsir, and I was sad to see it go, but Ditto is important! I can't wait to near the 8th gym for that! Now I can breed a bunch of babies to give cool moves to and put up on Wonder Trade. :3:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
When is a Pokemon's nature/sex from an egg determined? Can I save right before it hatches then reset?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So how exactly do you get people's friend code for the friend safari?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Mine is 5412-9913-6768. Thank you so much!!!!

Mine is 5198 2738 2835, adding you now.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

MrFlibble posted:

Mine is 5198 2738 2835, adding you now.

Added!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

MotU posted:

When is a Pokemon's nature/sex from an egg determined? Can I save right before it hatches then reset?

In the older games it was set when the guy hands you the egg. No idea if thats still the case, but its been like that since second gen.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rahonavis posted:

* - And now for a semi-serious question: Now that I know Pokemon-Amie doesn't affect friendship, what can I do to get my nearing level-20 Azurill who's been at the head of my party since she was level 3 to like me?

Once I maxed out his friendshipin Pokemon Amie he actually evolved for me and he was like level 28 or something when that happened. Pokemon Amie is easy, but you do just have to grind it out.

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.
So do I add people's FCs to Pokemon separately from my DS friends list? I have some people in with the game but they don't show up in my in-game friends list yet.

raito
Sep 13, 2012
Do we know how exactly to unlock the additional hair styles?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I just got one of the Fossils on a Wonder Trade for the weird squirrel tailed guy. His name is Necks McLong. If that was any of you 1) I'm sorry, you caught me in the middle of a WONDER TRADE TRAIN and 2) Thanks you're the best, you will be showered with O-Powers forever.

EDIT: One of the new fossils, mind you. I'm not even there yet.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Do egg moves work differently now? I'm breeding hordes of modest Fennekin (see the trading thread if you'd like one) and I am not having any luck breeding any moves onto the babies. The father is a Simisage with Grass Knot and Return, and the mother a Fennekin. However, the babies hatch with just the default moves. I taught the mother Grass Knot and Return too to see if it would change anything, but the babies still hatch with no special moves.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Mizuti posted:

Do egg moves work differently now? I'm breeding hordes of modest Fennekin (see the trading thread if you'd like one) and I am not having any luck breeding any moves onto the babies. The father is a Simisage with Grass Knot and Return, and the mother a Fennekin. However, the babies hatch with just the default moves. I taught the mother Grass Knot and Return too to see if it would change anything, but the babies still hatch with no special moves.

You can't just learn anything via egg move inheritance, the pokemon has to be able to learn it via breeding in the first place.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
The way moves typically work is that egg moves come from the father, and they baby can inherit TM moves from both parents. However the TMs need to be learnable for the babies species. I don't know why yours aren't getting anything.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Heres's a question, how much of a negative impact can a nature have on a Stat? My Goomy has a +SpDef, -SpAtk nature, and I'm wondering if it's gonna be crippled offensively. Basically, do I want to keep raising it, or should I cut my losses and breed a new one?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Only two badges left!

Does anyone know where I can get a dusk stone to evolve Duoblade?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Sprite141 posted:

The way moves typically work is that egg moves come from the father, and they baby can inherit TM moves from both parents. However the TMs need to be learnable for the babies species. I don't know why yours aren't getting anything.

The mother is holding an Everstone. Does that make a difference?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I just want to be done with this loving mirror cave.

I'm pretty sure I've been in here for hours

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

everythingWasBees posted:

Heres's a question, how much of a negative impact can a nature have on a Stat? My Goomy has a +SpDef, -SpAtk nature, and I'm wondering if it's gonna be crippled offensively. Basically, do I want to keep raising it, or should I cut my losses and breed a new one?

-10%. Absolutely insignificant for the story campaign, huge ramifications in competitive environments.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Waffles Inc. posted:

Only two badges left!

Does anyone know where I can get a dusk stone to evolve Duoblade?

Pretty deep in the Terminus Cave.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What the hell is this like, dirt mound with a light blue crystal thing sticking out of it? I just came across it in route 10

edit: Oh they're all over route 10. It's just scenery.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Shiney Screlp!!!!!!!! First shiney I've ever caught. Found it randomly fishing for Shelder.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

Goodra's main offensive stat is its physical Attack (even though Sligoo's is its Special Attack), so a Special Attack Hindering nature shouldn't be a problem in the end. Also, Goodra's best stat is its Special Defence, so your Goomy is going to be a giant Special sponge.

But yeah, for the story, natures don't really matter.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
How do you get Goomy's Hidden Ability, 'cause it sounds really good.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Unbound posted:

Don't mention it. Could I still get one of those Squirtles and Fennikens when you're done breeding them?

I have a Squirtle and Fennekin egg for you whenever you are ready. Just trade me (Eledia, if you have a large friend list in game) when you are ready to take em!

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

MotU posted:

I have a Squirtle and Fennekin egg for you whenever you are ready. Just trade me (Eledia, if you have a large friend list in game) when you are ready to take em!

Give me one sec to catch a scrap poke to trade over.

e: Got a Goomy for you. Thanks a bunch.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 14, 2013

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

When do I get to do wonder trading? I'm assuming it's a story thing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
My entire loving team just got decimated by this Machoke/Mr. Mime team. What the gently caress man :psyduck:

The Machoke's leg sweep thing just destroyed everyone

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kilometers Davis posted:

When do I get to do wonder trading? I'm assuming it's a story thing.

Press the L or R buttons until your lower screen is on the PSS, then tap the icon at the top center of the lower screen. Tap the arrow on the right side of the screen and select Wonder Trading.

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

If anyone knows if Paras appears anywhere, let me know. A friend is dying to catch one. Also if anyone has any ~mystery eggs~ they want to trade away I'm love the surprises.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Unbound posted:

Give me one sec to catch a scrap poke to trade over.

e: Got a Goomy for you. Thanks a bunch.

Thanks a ton for the help!

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Hooray my first Amaura is another girl! So now I can keep one in the daycare to make more with my Rhydon and have the other one on a team! Or at least I will once I get fly and can get back there when it's not a pain in the rear end.

But jesus these eggs take forever to hatch. Is there a way to make this not totally awful?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Hooray my first Amaura is another girl! So now I can keep one in the daycare to make more with my Rhydon and have the other one on a team! Or at least I will once I get fly and can get back there when it's not a pain in the rear end.

But jesus these eggs take forever to hatch. Is there a way to make this not totally awful?

Get a Pokemon with Flame Body in your party, it shaves off half the steps. Fletchinder has it.

raito
Sep 13, 2012
The Snorlax comes back FYI for anyone to KO'd it

Still level 15

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Keep a Pokémon with Flame Body or Magma Armor in the party. Fletchling's evolutions work great.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
I thought having a Darmanitan was easy mode in B/W but Blazikin with Speed Boost is an instant win button.

Macaluso posted:

My entire loving team just got decimated by this Machoke/Mr. Mime team. What the gently caress man :psyduck:

The Machoke's leg sweep thing just destroyed everyone

Did the Machoke's trainer wipe blood off its nose and demand it 'sweep the leg' with 'no mercy?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
After beating the Elite 4 do I get the starter that mine is weak to or strong against?

• Locked thread