Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

pandaK posted:

Do any of you have a Mawile with Intimidate? I've bred like three generations of it, and every single one came out with Hyper Cutter. No Everstone either.

I spent all day yesterday breeding a Mawile with Intimidate and Adamant. I can whip one up for you as soon as I get Fly, I don't feel like heading back to the breeder right now (I just got to the fourth Gym).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
^^^^^^^^^
Could I also get one of those Mawiles when you get back to it? My FC is 1822-0006-3279

A Renaissance Nerd posted:

Is there any downside to keeping the EXP Share turned on? It feels like I'm cheating, all of my 'Mons are leveling at the same rate and it's fantastic but I know there's got to be a downside.

I haven't found one at all. Post-game leveling is a blast with it to. I had the other 4 available starters at level 1, took them and two higher levels to Victory Road. Leveling all of them at once makes this so much more convenient.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

nerdbot posted:

I spent all day yesterday breeding a Mawile with Intimidate and Adamant. I can whip one up for you as soon as I get Fly, I don't feel like heading back to the breeder right now (I just got to the fourth Gym).

Do you have any in your PC? I'll accept any random baby Mawile that fits the bill really, since I plan on making more Mawile. Anyways, my friend code is 4313 - 0193 - 8878
Also how far into the game do you find Everstones?

Also off the wall comment, but does anyone else notice how much easier it is to breed? I've only bred to the third generation for my Mawile and I already have a good selection with their IV average hovering around 24 with a few solid 31s already. It feels like good genes are getting passed down a lot more frequently now.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 14, 2013

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

4511-0481-0111 is my code. I...literally got Fly just after saying that.

You can get an Everstone in Geosenge Town, in the house to the left of the Pokemon Center.

EDIT: added you guys, if you get a trade request from some bozo named Evan then I got your eggs.

For the record, there's an 80% chance of a baby having the mother's ability (a 60% chance if the ability is a Hidden Ability). It was like this in BW/BW2.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 14, 2013

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Everybody who puts Caterpies and poo poo up on wonder trade sucks. I've done 15 so far, and I always try to send something cool with a funny nickname, and 10/15 of them were for Caterpies or Bidoofs with no nickname. The other five were pretty funny, but come on, assholes

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Gramocles the Aegislash just solo'd the Champion :getin:

Seriously, she let me set up 3 Sword Dances. She got what she deserved.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's so neat; when people started playing this thread was full of "Wonder Trade is awesome! I throw out starter trash and get cool guys back!" And now it's "c'mon, stop sending me all this starter trash for my cool guys!"

How opinions can change in a single day.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

nerdbot posted:

4511-0481-0111 is my code. I...literally got Fly just after saying that.

You can get an Everstone in Geosenge Town, in the house to the left of the Pokemon Center.

EDIT: added you guys, if you get a trade request from some bozo named Evan then I got your eggs.

For the record, there's an 80% chance of a baby having the mother's ability (a 60% chance if the ability is a Hidden Ability). It was like this in BW/BW2.

Added you. Is there anything you're looking for pokemon wise?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Oh, I need the Gym Badge before I can use Fly. Okay this is still going to be a while and I'm dumb, sorry.

Not really looking for anything, but thanks!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Bruceski posted:

It's so neat; when people started playing this thread was full of "Wonder Trade is awesome! I throw out starter trash and get cool guys back!" And now it's "c'mon, stop sending me all this starter trash for my cool guys!"

How opinions can change in a single day.

And thus did man learn: "How nice it used to be on the other side of that fence."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh man, just got a 354-hit combo, 1353 points, in the Head-It minigame. Shame the Heading Points cap at 999, because I reached that around 170.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The amount of people wanting a Scizor is aggravating. Like here I am with seven L1 Scyther ready to kick some rear end, and these butts want the thing that can Mega-Evolve!

Kinda surprised I'm not seeing any Gastly love. That may be something I have to put up myself in order to get what I want. Which, right now, is a Dratini or a Shuppet. Ah well! Half the fun is the hunt! No fun doing personal trades!

Also, Bulbasaur is easily the most-desired thing. Good god at the people wanting Bulbasaur. I mean poo poo, that's good for me. Bulbasaur hatch quickly! Was I the only person who chose him or something? Was everyone just scrambling to get to Mega Charizard?

Got a lot of breeding fodder, though! Sneasel, Lickitung, Kangaskhan, all the Gen 1/6 starters, Scyther, Heracross, Piloswine, a male Nidoran...

Tomorrow I'd like to get ahold of Goomy. Not for trading, I just want a L1 Goomy to Super Train. :3: Gonna shoot for an Adamant Scyther, too. That'll be fun. Scyther do not hatch quickly. The ones that aren't seaworthy, as it were, will be Wonder Traded away to some lucky players. Nothing like trading early and scoring something awesome! Especially since the Scyther I got was L51, so it's loaded with Night Slash and X-Scissor.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Werster just beat X on his second playthrough in under 6 hours. It's pretty funny considering people are spending 20+ hours before the first gym.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Hey, so, uh, speaking of breeding, I just bred my event Blaziken with a ditto for shits and giggles, and, uh, a bunch of the children have speed boost. :stare:

I think that's new?????

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

After beating the story you are supposed to meet the professor somewhere. I started ev training and totally forgot where I was supposed to meet him. Does anyone know?

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
Does anybody know if anywhere has the new move lists up yet? Trying to figure out when would be best to evolve my Helioptile.

Or if anyone knows when would be best to do that anyway feel free to let me know.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

Hey, so, uh, speaking of breeding, I just bred my event Blaziken with a ditto for shits and giggles, and, uh, a bunch of the children have speed boost. :stare:

I think that's new?????

Yes, that's very new, and VERY welcome. It means pandaK was totally right earlier: non-ditto/female parent determines the ability kids get, full stop.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Partial Octopus posted:

After beating the story you are supposed to meet the professor somewhere. I started ev training and totally forgot where I was supposed to meet him. Does anyone know?

I forgot myself, but if you open your bag and go to the Holo-Recorder you can rewatch it.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Unbound posted:

I forgot myself, but if you open your bag and go to the Holo-Recorder you can rewatch it.

Thanks a bunch.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Do the Amulet Coin and Luck Incense stack? I know that the Coin + Money O-Power works, but I'm curious if I can make even more cash. Fourth Gym leader handed me twenty grand for surviving that horrible Gogoat.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zurai posted:

Yes, that's very new, and VERY welcome. It means pandaK was totally right earlier: non-ditto/female parent determines the ability kids get, full stop.

Holy poo poo, this makes so many things so much easier.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

Partial Octopus posted:

His lab or Psychic Gym town, I'm not sure at what point you mean

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Brett824 posted:

Werster just beat X on his second playthrough in under 6 hours. It's pretty funny considering people are spending 20+ hours before the first gym.
I think this is the first Pokemon game in a few generations where I'm having fun taking my time and not rushing through the campaign.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Rainuwastaken posted:

Do the Amulet Coin and Luck Incense stack? I know that the Coin + Money O-Power works, but I'm curious if I can make even more cash. Fourth Gym leader handed me twenty grand for surviving that horrible Gogoat.

They don't in previous gens.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zurai posted:

Wow, on one hand I'm absolutely ecstatic over this, but on the other hand I feel that this has to be unintended on Game Freak's part. I keep telling myself no way would it be that much more streamlined, Nintendo wouldn't throw us that big of a bone right?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

I think that's new?????

I just got a Level 1 Torchic with Speed Boost on Wonder Trade and was about to freak out about it when I saw this post and I guess I'm not insane. Thank GOD.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CuddlyZombie posted:

I think that's new?????

Oh my god. Yes, I do believe it is. :iia:

Do we know if the 200BP ability changing item's a key item/infinite use or not? I can't imagine it would be. They probably want you to really have to work for something that can swap abilities like that.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Rainuwastaken posted:

Where did you grab the Money O-Power? I just finished the fifth gym, I must have missed the O-Power guy somewhere

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

fariz posted:

I've seen people mention it before, but how do you reset a poke dude's ev's in this? Something about a punching bag? Do you just get it randomly or what? Just got a timid haunter via wonder trade, soooo uhh....:getin:

You seem to get a Reset Bag reliably when you fully train a Pokemon's EVs through Super Training, but can also get one at random for completing minigames or hitting other bags.

pandaK posted:

Wow, on one hand I'm absolutely ecstatic over this, but on the other hand I feel that this has to be unintended on Game Freak's part. I keep telling myself no way would it be that much more streamlined, Nintendo wouldn't throw us that big of a bone right?

Gen V had a number of significant quality-of-life improvements for breeders, and it looks like Gen VI is continuing that trend.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Champeenship posted:

His lab or Psychic Gym town, I'm not sure at what point you mean

Are you sure its there? I'm looking around and I can't find anything. I'm talking about immediately after you leave your home. Also the holocaster isn't telling me anything.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's the trick for getting Tyrunt to evolve? Bulbapedia says it evolves at lvl 39, but mine's at 40 now and still a runt.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

my new dog posted:

What's the trick for getting Tyrunt to evolve? Bulbapedia says it evolves at lvl 39, but mine's at 40 now and still a runt.

It needs to be daytime as well.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Partial Octopus posted:

Are you sure its there? I'm looking around and I can't find anything. I'm talking about immediately after you leave your home. Also the holocaster isn't telling me anything.

Lumiose station is where you want to go. A cab'll take you there.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Caddrel posted:

Does anyone else notice the colors of pokemon being much more grey / less saturated than in videos and screenshots? It seems like they are all very light colored, and I wonder if that's just me?

My 3DS dims itself when not plugged in. It's freaky. Also the 3D effect seems to washout colors somewhat.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

a slime posted:

Where did you grab the Money O-Power? I just finished the fifth gym, I must have missed the O-Power guy somewhere

Check the inn in Cyllage, upstairs and to the right probably. O-Power Guy generally hangs out in the Inns or, failing that, the Pokecenter.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Thuryl posted:

You seem to get a Reset Bag reliably when you fully train a Pokemon's EVs through Super Training, but can also get one at random for completing minigames or hitting other bags.

Gen V had a number of significant quality-of-life improvements for breeders, and it looks like Gen VI is continuing that trend.

This is starting to feel like an even greater gen than I originally thought, and I already thought gen 6 has been the best gen so far.
Breeding is actually interesting now to see how you can crossbreed the best monsters possible, and I don't even have any of the convenience items yet. I feel like I'm starting to understand Brock's aspirations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just spent every cent I have on clothes and it was completely worth it.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think they have to have adjusted the shiny ratio, because I just picked up my first shiny in years.

And now I have a beautiful stylish black Furfrou with the latest in hairstyle. I cannot exaggerate how awesome my pretty pretty poodle is.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Does anyone have info on the new ability changing item and how to get it / how it works? I saw someone mention it and I'm super curious though I'm pretty sure I'm still a couple hours away from that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

nerdbot posted:

Oh, I need the Gym Badge before I can use Fly. Okay this is still going to be a while and I'm dumb, sorry.

Not really looking for anything, but thanks!

Thanks for helping me on my quest to create a badass double Mawile. I have sent a flurry of Nice!s towards your way to express my gratitude

• Locked thread