Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

:ssh: Hey, don't tell her that! You can make out like a bandit here!

I mean, hey, I traded with her but I do feel a little bad about it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Nakar posted:

Go to the end of the forest, go east, then go west. The game tries to trick you into thinking you've gone back to the exit screen, but there's no path going north. Go south and you're in a new area with stairs and a treasure. The path to the yellow ball is hidden south of the stairs; don't go up them, go past them.

And now I can't even remember what TM it was.

Thanks dude!

It was Energy Ball :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dastardly posted:

It's cute when a random guy with a postgame Mewtwo, Yveltal and Blaziken team challenges me with 4 badges and essentially 4 pokemon and I still take out half his team.
It's Honedge, right? He's the murderbeast.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are there any items that make the move Fling particularly worthwhile to use?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, Miltank's gently swaying udders sure are distracting.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Should I or should I not tip at the scary house in the forest?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are there any items that make the move Fling particularly worthwhile to use?

I guess it's an okay move in-game if you REALLY need to have a Dark type move. Assuming they didn't change Fling, you won't lose your item if you use it against an NPC or wild Pokemon.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Kikas posted:

It's Honedge, right? He's the murderbeast.

Nah it was my fully ev trained Delphox murdering his Lucario and Blaziken.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Is the Elegant pattern one of the sought-after Vivillon patterns? Got a female Scatterbug through the Wonder Trader that evolved into a Vivillon with it.

edit: Wait, it's offspring would be my local pattern, wouldn't they? drat. There goes my egg-gifting idea.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 14, 2013

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
Man I loving LOVE my Honedge Arturia. She just tears poo poo up SO HARD. I'm so proud of her :3:

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is the Elegant pattern one of the sought-after Vivillon patterns? Got a female Scatterbug through the Wonder Trader that evolved into a Vivillon with it.

Maybe? It's my experience that the GTS is littered with Elegant the most, though. Although, a lot of those want Yveltal and Xerneas' in return.

Monsoon is probably the most rare, being only found in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and India thus far.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Samael posted:

Mawile based question again- Does it learn any decent STAB moves? It's up into the 40s and the best move it has is crunch. :(

Take it to the Move Relearner. There you can teach it Play Rough (a physical fairy move) and Iron Head (a physical steel attack). These are both great STAB coverage for Mawile.

HeyItsAyls fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 14, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

notthegoatseguy posted:

I guess it's an okay move in-game if you REALLY need to have a Dark type move. Assuming they didn't change Fling, you won't lose your item if you use it against an NPC or wild Pokemon.

I think I'll skip on it, then.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Between my Kirlia-soon-to-be-Gardevoir, Hawlucha, Vivillion, Mawile, Braixen and Fletchinder I am more than ready to take on the 3rd gym. I'm not even trying, it's just that every Pokemon is so amazing :allears:

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Reading through the thread and noticed that some people have reported male torchic being able to pass speed boost. Is this confirmed because if so GOTY.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

lokipunk posted:

Reading through the thread and noticed that some people have reported male torchic being able to pass speed boost. Is this confirmed because if so GOTY.
There was one dude who claimed it passed down 4 out of 5 times, but we need some more proof.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

horriblePencilist posted:

Between my Kirlia-soon-to-be-Gardevoir, Hawlucha, Vivillion, Mawile, Braixen and Fletchinder I am more than ready to take on the 3rd gym. I'm not even trying, it's just that every Pokemon is so amazing :allears:

My Delphox named Weatherwax has wrecked her way through every Gym up to the Sixth mostly by herself. And usually with a OHKO :allears:. Between her and my Blastoise, EVERYTHING dies (I even taught them their respective co-op moves just to make Double battles hilarious). When I found the Grass Gym I laughed at what was about to happen :unsmigghh:.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 14, 2013

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Kikas posted:

There was one dude who claimed it passed down 4 out of 5 times, but we need some more proof.

4/5 times is pretty high for the old 30% passdown rate (but not impossible due to pRNG and probabilities). Another research question: do the "weather stones" (heat rock, wet rock, etc.) cause auto-weather inducers to go to 8 turns?

Katsuya
Aug 15, 2013
RAGE.

Just got a random Passerby challenge me to an online battle. It got down to his heavily, heavily weakened Greninja against my fresh Mega Venusaur. I accidentally hit the Run button. Then, trying to cancel it, hit the "Forfeit now" button.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

lokipunk posted:

4/5 times is pretty high for the old 30% passdown rate (but not impossible due to pRNG and probabilities). Another research question: do the "weather stones" (heat rock, wet rock, etc.) cause auto-weather inducers to go to 8 turns?

30%? I think it used to be 60% (but female only & no Dittos allowed).

Katsuya posted:

RAGE.

Just got a random Passerby challenge me to an online battle. It got down to his heavily, heavily weakened Greninja against my fresh Mega Venusaur. I accidentally hit the Run button. Then, trying to cancel it, hit the "Forfeit now" button.

Sorry about your uncontrollably flailing arms

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
Where is the Friend Safari anyway? And is it only post game? There are some really neat pokemon there I want to get...

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Hammerite posted:

30%? I think it used to be 60% (but female only & no Dittos allowed).

I could be totally wrong, just excited about the possibility of having an army of speedy kicking fire chickens.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

lokipunk posted:

I could be totally wrong, just excited about the possibility of having an army of speedy kicking fire chickens.

Combusken is the most :wtc: goofy thing I've ever seen as a pokemon mid-form.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I hate GTS because it'll have Dittos that ask for things I can easily trade and have them already be taken. If they'e taken, take them off the listing!!! :argh:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The power plant theme is just :allears:. So many amazing themes in this game.

Katsuya
Aug 15, 2013

Hammerite posted:

Sorry about your uncontrollably flailing arms
It was more the lag that got me. I hit the Run button, wasn't sure if I did or not because nothing popped up, then went to hit "Fight" just as the forfeit button appeared on the screen.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Oh man I just got Tyrunt and immediately max EV trained it with Super Training and it's just as amazing in battle as I hoped it'd be I want it to evolve so badly :allears:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Do you guys have any tips for Supertraining? I just dabbled with the 3rd Rank balloons and jesus christ are they hard.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Lumiose store is kind of disappointing

(terrible blurry picture sorry)

E: I got a pretty cool shirt but it cost me 100,000 Pokedollars.

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 14, 2013

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

horriblePencilist posted:

Do you guys have any tips for Supertraining? I just dabbled with the 3rd Rank balloons and jesus christ are they hard.

I believe the amount of points you get per shot is determined by your skill in the corresponding stat, or maybe your total EVs. Once you get to about 30% full, a charged shot will yield several hundred points. Literally my Tyrunt hits charged shots for 591.

My record for Haxorus is 10.2 seconds.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Something I quite like with Team Flare is that rather than just an endless supply of nameless mooks with the same two pokemon, you're only fighting the same five or six guys every time you run into them and they all comment as such. "Yup, there's the guy with the Liepard... Girl with just the Gulpin, oh hey it evolved, good for her.... Aaand there's the poor sap with the Scraggy again."

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oh man I just got Tyrunt and immediately max EV trained it with Super Training and it's just as amazing in battle as I hoped it'd be I want it to evolve so badly :allears:

He grows up into a big ol' Murder-Rex at around the early/mid 40's.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Is Noivern just stupidly rare or what? I've been trying to find one for ages. I thought to just trade something for it over GTS but neither it nor its evolution are even listed as options. Do I have to have seen it before it shows up?

edit: hahah I just ran into a Zweilous, I didn't even know they were in the game

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

If you haven't seen it, you can still type the name in.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I decided to reset all my EVs my main posse and train everything with laser-like focus. This is gonna take a while. I like how I've spent a large chunk of the game standing on the same spot.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

Is Noivern just stupidly rare or what? I've been trying to find one for ages. I thought to just trade something for it over GTS but neither it nor its evolution are even listed as options. Do I have to have seen it before it shows up?

edit: hahah I just ran into a Zweilous, I didn't even know they were in the game

I have a Noibat egg if you'd like that. (I dunno if you can trade eggs though)

My FC is 1375-7670-7480

Menorah on Fire
Aug 20, 2006
I have to give this game credit for a feature that's barely emphasized -- Photography in this generation is absolutely spot-on. Hell, I've never seen a game in which you can adjust aperture, focus distance, focal length, and even the light present within the scene. Here's hoping it gets some kids started in photography at a young age, wish I could've had it when I was a kid :allears:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Nakar posted:

My starter, Greninja, can spam accuracy/evasion moves to basically cheap his way through any fight, but his movepool is kind of weird and a bit assy and he seems like a much more awkward mixed attacker than Infernape was.

That's because he's not a mixed attacker. He's a special attacker. Mine was able to one shot just about everything my Aegislash couldn't in the E4/Champion's lineup with Surf, Extrasensory, or Ice Beam.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

The Lumiose store is kind of disappointing

(terrible blurry picture sorry)

E: I got a pretty cool shirt but it cost me 100,000 Pokedollars.

definitely disappointing, I was hoping I'd be able to buy a trenchoat or suit but it's just gaudy clothes for really expensive prices.

On another note, does anyone know how to get into the sushi restaurant in notparis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

You can buy Premier Balls now! :woop:

• Locked thread