Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Why does Cavani have Suarez's shirt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Dickail Bulgeakov posted:

is that the guy from aerosmith

quote:

The singer and his band are currently touring across South America, and performed in Montevideo, Uruguay last night. Having met up with Uruguayan leader Jose Mujica and given him a signed guitar (perhaps a waste, seeing as he later admitted he didn’t know the band!), they were greeted with another celebrity Uruguayan after the show.

Backstage, following a typically electrifying performance, they met up with Luis Suarez, Liverpool’s star striker and one of the country’s favourite players, and it turns out he’s more of a fan of Aerosmith than Mujica.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Dickail Bulgeakov
Jan 15, 2012

is that kevin keegan

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

is that kevin keegan

no that's a bunch of grapes

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

to play

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Amazing.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

CisSTAR 19 posted:

Kind of gross, really.

We can all agree that Suarez was separated from Steven Tyler at birth. One got the lips and one got the horse teeth. Combined they form one giant atrocious mouth.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Suarez was in Ecuador when Aerosmith played here, Tyler requested a signed shirt for some reason and he sent him one.

edit: They also gave the president a 370 dollar guitar. Signed, but still. They made a lot of tax-free money, could have spent a little more.

Polidoro fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 14, 2013

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the president probably asked for a cheap guitar because he's not flash

Dickail Bulgeakov
Jan 15, 2012

Polidoro posted:

Suarez was in Ecuador when Aerosmith played here, Tyler requested a signed shirt for some reason and he sent him one.

edit: They also gave the president a 370 dollar guitar. Signed, but still. They made a lot of tax-free money, could have spent a little more.

he doesn't have to give your spic president poo poo don't be so ungrateful

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
What was it? A Squier strat?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Polidoro posted:

What were they supposed to have given him? Perry's '59 Les Paul? These are token gifts, they probably got a pen in return.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

he doesn't have to give your spic president poo poo don't be so ungrateful

Nice casual racism, cool guy.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Oct 14, 2013

Dickail Bulgeakov
Jan 15, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

Nice casual racism, cool guy.

in uruguay it's a term of endearment

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Yep. Thats a language.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Vishnu Boruc.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The holy goalie.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

"Boruc has ten hands again." If it wasn't obvious from the photo.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

another Romelu Lukaku childhood photo has emerged, from his time at Lierse (meaning he was 10-13 at the time)

havin a laugh

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

mynameisjohn posted:

another Romelu Lukaku childhood photo has emerged, from his time at Lierse (meaning he was 10-13 at the time)

havin a laugh

Hahahaha Jesus.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
He's a big lad but that's taking the piss.

mynameisjohn posted:

(meaning he was 10-13 at the time)
...at the time he moved to Belgium.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
He was born in Antwerp!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
That's :thejoke:.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

mynameisjohn posted:

havin a laugh

Playing against the mighty Feyenoord he probably lost tho imho

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Young Scotty Parker in the foreground doesn't give a poo poo that Lukaku could grab hold of the crossbar flat footed.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Chas McGill posted:

What was it? A Squier strat?

It was a Les Paul-ish Stagg.

mackintosh posted:

What were they supposed to have given him? Perry's '59 Les Paul? These are token gifts, they probably got a pen in return.

They got some books and all they could take from a dumpster

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Polidoro posted:

It was a Les Paul-ish Stagg.

I suppose that is a bit of bad form. The least they should've done was an Epiphone Boneyard. Was it the L350-VS? It kinda looks like the Boneyard. If you take off the scratch pad and squint. A lot.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

mackintosh posted:

The "again" bit wasn't, but then I haven't followed his career that closely.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Pat Mustard posted:

The "again" bit wasn't, but then I haven't followed his career that closely.

Boruc played for Legia Warsaw, and, for a while, life was good. Then he moved to Celtic and, for a while, life was even better. He became Poland's #1 and rose to celebrity status during the 2006 World Cup. The whole nation regional tabloids were there when his first child was born. Then he cheated on his wife a few times, got drunk a few times, got fat, moved to Fiorentina and no one gave a poo poo about him any more. Then someone threw him a lifeline at Southampton and lo and behold, here we are.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

mackintosh posted:

"Etherington has ten hands again." - T. Pulis, disappointedly.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Boruc is a good lad who enjoys simple things like religion and drinking

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

mackintosh posted:

Boruc played for Legia Warsaw, and, for a while, life was good. Then he moved to Celtic and, for a while, life was even better. He became Poland's #1 and rose to celebrity status during the 2006 World Cup. The whole nation regional tabloids were there when his first child was born. Then he cheated on his wife a few times, got drunk a few times, got fat, moved to Fiorentina and no one gave a poo poo about him any more. Then someone threw him a lifeline at Southampton and lo and behold, here we are.

Sorry I was making a bad joke about the implication that Boruc had literally grown eight extra hands, lost them, and has now regrown them. He was very good at Celtic though and I'm glad he's doing well again.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

mackintosh posted:

I thought he was pretty good at Fiorentina :(

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

ayb posted:

Who are the best goalkeepers with their feet? I know Van Der Sar was pretty decent as well as Valdes

It's not during a match, but still worth watching again. Best part is him looking around afterward like "Holy poo poo! Did anyone see me do that?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00zwm5qJvYw

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
glad to see we've loaned in a designated driver from leeds united to chauffeur our star player around

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
So it's tenuous as gently caress, but there's some great goals within. City have done a compilation called 'Breaking Good', some of the best break away goals they've scored.....http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/2013/October/Breaking-Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
City's PR team are like the Lotus of football at this point. Just let it go, jeez

• Locked thread