Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Zhent posted:

Two questions about breeding -

Where can I find a ditto, since that looks like the easiest way to breed whatever and I don't know all the egg groups?
When I'm waiting to see if I have an egg, can I just walk into a wall for a bit or do the steps have to actually move the character?
Dittos are available in Pokemon Village and I'm pretty sure you have to actually move the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
As if they give Venoshock to you that early in the game. Now my Ivysaur just beastmodes everything.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

No apparently I'm not noticing the path there because I always end up in Lumiose, Laverre or Route 17 whenever I go exploring.

You have to climb all the stairs around the big windmill, I don't know how I can be more specific.

Samael fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 14, 2013

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

gannyGrabber posted:

As if they give Venoshock to you that early in the game. Now my Ivysaur just beastmodes everything.

I recently got Venusaur, his Mega Evo, and the TM for Toxic. Combined with Leech Seed, Mega Venusaur won't die, and just about everything dies to this combo. :getin:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Adamant Snorlax first try, though I wasn't planning on reseting for him. And right after that, the daycare! How far away is the everstone? I want to know if I should start breeding my starters now or after I get it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
From Leveling alone Female Meowstic Learns that Never Miss Fairy move, Charge beam, Extrasensory, and Shadow Ball.

Does her male counter part get an equivalent movepool this good because holy poo poo. Meowstic even has a bit of Bulk to her and can tank an attack or two.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Stop whining and get a Skrelp. :colbert:

Edit: And Goodra would be weak to earthquake if it was Dragon/Poison, so I'm actually kind of glad it wasn't part poison.

Oh poo poo I totally discounted it when I saw Poison/Water and thought it'd be another Tentacool.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

From Leveling alone Female Meowstic Learns that Never Miss Fairy move, Charge beam, Extrasensory, and Shadow Ball.

Does her male counter part get an equivalent movepool this good because holy poo poo. Meowstic even has a bit of Bulk to her and can tank an attack or two.

It's a dark horse for me. My Meowstic is Japanese so it levels crazy fast, looks great and kicks rear end.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Holy poo poo. Right after leaving my ditto and frogadier in the daycare they have an egg. Love at first sight, no?

Hopefully I'll get a good nature froakie out of this. My current one is mild, but I don't know what kind of nature froakie should have anyway, isn't it a mixed attacker?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

I'm not cool enough to talk to punks :negative:

Yeah this happened to me too. How do you get inside?

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Anyone have any idea what Fennekin can get for egg moves yet? I got both my starters female, and was gonna breed up some Fennekin and Bulbasaur for my friends who picked the others.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Sprite141 posted:

Holy poo poo. Right after leaving my ditto and frogadier in the daycare they have an egg. Love at first sight, no?

Hopefully I'll get a good nature froakie out of this. My current one is mild, but I don't know what kind of nature froakie should have anyway, isn't it a mixed attacker?

I consider mine to be special, but it's natural movepool (and signature move) is primarily physical. Regardless, I say go for modest/timid and use TMs.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

mastajake posted:

I consider mine to be special, but it's natural movepool (and signature move) is primarily physical. Regardless, I say go for modest/timid and use TMs.

Hmm... maybe I'll just try a neutral nature so I can mix it up. As long as the attack stats are naturally high I suppose it doesn't matter.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Thuryl posted:

Aurorus definitely leans more toward special attacks, with an estimated 120 base SpA. Estimated base Speed is 70, so it should outspeed most things ingame if you EV it for speed and level it up a bit. On the defensive side it has good HP and SpD but low Def, so it'll probably be able to take neutral special hits okay, at least.
That's not bad, but is there anything that can leverage its Ability? Most Normal moves taught by TM aren't Special-type, and Hyper Beam is kinda crap vs. just using Ice Beam.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I just spent 2000 to dye my hair brown. Why is everything in this game so gosh darn expensive?
I just spent $600,000 pokedollars on TMs and poo poo to prep for the Elite Four. Use the Amulet Coin for every trainer fight, just keep it on your lead. You will make somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.5 million just going through the game, and that's without selling the poo poo that's worth money you get along the way.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Dunno if anyone else in the thread has got a shiny Mawile yet but i got one from an egg earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/Cchny4T.jpg

Only posted that because here's what shiny Mega Mawile looks like.

Oh and since i'm not sure if there's a certain known method to evolve Eevee into Sylveon yet:
My Eevee didn't evolve when she leveled with a Fairy-type move, but once she hit 2 Hearts in Pokemon Amie(while still having the fairy-type move) and gained a level she evolved.

I hope that helps someone.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So is this female Aron with Sturdy is completely useless? Is there some way to get Rock Head into an egg?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I didn't even know you could use the D-Pad to move closer to the Balloon Pokemon in Super Training, that makes things so much easier.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
My current running team consists of:

Aerodactyl
Charizard
Pangoro
Ferroseed
Lapras
Skrelp

The first three are definitely staying, but does anyone else have better suggestions for the last three? There are so many poke's, it's hard to decide who to roll with.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Cyflan posted:

Dunno if anyone else in the thread has got a shiny Mawile yet but i got one from an egg earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/Cchny4T.jpg

Only posted that because here's what shiny Mega Mawile looks like.

Oh and since i'm not sure if there's a certain known method to evolve Eevee into Sylveon yet:
My Eevee didn't evolve when she leveled with a Fairy-type move, but once she hit 2 Hearts in Pokemon Amie(while still having the fairy-type move) and gained a level she evolved.

I hope that helps someone.

I envy you so much :( Mawile is one of my favourite pokemon.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
How do I transfer my Shiny Giratina from my Pokemon Black game to Pokemon X? Transfer to a friends DS then back to mine again?

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
Just caught my first shiny ever.

This friend safari thing is fun.

Pyrocat
Oct 31, 2006
not a furry

Apparition posted:

How do I transfer my Shiny Giratina from my Pokemon Black game to Pokemon X? Transfer to a friends DS then back to mine again?

Wait for Poke Bank to be released in December.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

kater posted:

So is this female Aron with Sturdy is completely useless? Is there some way to get Rock Head into an egg?

Breed it with a Cranidos that learned the move. You may have to wait till post E4, but it is possible. Also isn't sturdy the ability that keeps it from dying? That's not a bad one to have.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Sprite141 posted:

Adamant Snorlax first try, though I wasn't planning on reseting for him. And right after that, the daycare! How far away is the everstone? I want to know if I should start breeding my starters now or after I get it.

So, where in the game is the daycare?

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Samael posted:

You have to climb all the stairs around the big windmill, I don't know how I can be more specific.

I don't know how I missed that, I feel like a huge idiot.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

So, where in the game is the daycare?

Route 7, soonish after poke-paris.

Also does skating work with eggs, or should I be running? And does flame body affect all my eggs, or only the ones it is next to?

Katsuya
Aug 15, 2013
So males can pass down hidden abilities now? Welp, all that pointless searching on the Dream World just got a whole lot more pointless.

Also, is it me or do a lot of people seem to be getting shinies? Either people are getting very lucky or the ratio has been cut way down.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Katsuya posted:

So males can pass down hidden abilities now? Welp, all that pointless searching on the Dream World just got a whole lot more pointless.

Also, is it me or do a lot of people seem to be getting shinies? Either people are getting very lucky or the ratio has been cut way down.

If either of these things are true, then that is awesome!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Some random people on Smogon are saying that crits do 150% damage instead of 200% now, is this true?

Katsuya posted:

Literally hundreds of thousands (millions?) of people are playing this game right now, encountering hundreds of pokemon each in the first few days. I think it's pretty likely that there'd be a good number of shinies showing up.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So why is Bulbapedia behind on a lot of stuff? I mean I don't expect *everything* to be in there, but there's a lot of basic stuff missing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Katsuya posted:

I've seen a rumour posted in the thread a few times now saying that tipping increases the chance of shinies appearing but I don't think anyone knows if it's true or not

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Nakar posted:

That's not bad, but is there anything that can leverage its Ability? Most Normal moves taught by TM aren't Special-type, and Hyper Beam is kinda crap vs. just using Ice Beam.

What I've figured out is that Nature Power (which it gets leveling) should produce Tri-Attack when you're "In a building" (IE in an online battle I assume). The 20% Burn, Freeze or Paralyze chance could be pretty sweet.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So why is Bulbapedia behind on a lot of stuff? I mean I don't expect *everything* to be in there, but there's a lot of basic stuff missing.
Because the game is unhackable, unlike the prior versions, so they can't pull the data directly and have to rely on people figuring it out themselves and updating it manually.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

^^^This too

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Partially Because the super creep that runs it literally took no notes or anything from leaks and probably is waiting for official info before he lets people add anything because he desperately wants Nintendo-Sempai to notice him.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

What kind of nature am I aiming for with Klefki?

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
What does tipping at Le Nah in Lumiose City do? I've been going there as it's a good place to train up and I've been leaving a tip there, but it hasn't done anything yet and was wondering if or when something was supposed to happen.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

What kind of nature am I aiming for with Klefki?

Anything that boosts either Defense and lowers either attack.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Nakar posted:

Because the game is unhackable, unlike the prior versions, so they can't pull the data directly and have to rely on people figuring it out themselves and updating it manually.

I know its unhackable, I guess basically what I'm asking is why Serebii is so far ahead in comparison.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

I don't know how I missed that, I feel like a huge idiot.

Oh don't worry I just used the move thief successfully the first time and spent another 30 minutes wondering why I wasn't getting any heart scales from luvdiscs. I didn't realise that it goes into the pokemon's held item slot and you can't steal any items until you removed it. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
*edit*
Man this thread moves fast.

• Locked thread