Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
What's the spirit script on this page? I can guess the last panel (you are too weak. Burn.), but have too much trouble with reading the panel before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
"You are here... why? To kill me?"

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Brannock posted:

Fight scene on Friday most likely, can't wait!

I predict no fight scene, and he just breathes fire and ends the poor evil doggies.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Walh Hara posted:

What's the spirit script on this page? I can guess the last panel (you are too weak. Burn.), but have too much trouble with reading the panel before that.

It's much easier to read if you distance yourself from the screen somewhat.

Middle spirit in panel 2 seems to be looking out of the mouth of some kind of bunny costume, or am I seeing it wrong?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Walh Hara posted:

I actually read the speech bubble in the last panel as "Bunny" and assumed it was some kind of sick burn. "You are too weak... bunny. :smug:" I like your reading better, though.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Sanford posted:

Middle spirit in panel 2 seems to be looking out of the mouth of some kind of bunny costume, or am I seeing it wrong?

He put on a cute little bunny helmet and pulled out some claws. Little guy wants to fight some dogs.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Autonomous Monster posted:

I had more trouble with the spirit script this time than usual. I think the problem is that A and R are nearly identical under it.

I think the problem is that the more text there is, the harder it is to differentiate each letter from another. I went back after knowing how it works, to try and reread the Doorman's spirit dialogue. Even after knowing what it says, it was pretty hard to decipher. It just starts to blend eventually.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Sanford posted:

I'd say it's probably a squirrel costume. They're living in a tree, after all.

Maybe they're acorn spirits that wear squirrel costumes. Which would be adorable.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
In case anyone was wondering these are the monsters in Attack the Block:

Also Zack's right and you should watch that movie.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Razorwired posted:

Yeah it's true. Those monsters were the first thing I thought of when I read today's strip and then I scrolled down and hey I'm not alone.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah it's true. Those monsters were the first thing I thought of when I read today's strip and then I scrolled down and hey I'm not alone.
Attack the Block is an amazing movie that doesn't get nearly enough love.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

The Leper Colon V posted:

Attack the Block is an amazing movie that doesn't get nearly enough love.

I hated it. Mostly because I wanted all those kids to die the second they thought they were hurting a dog.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The pixelated mouths on the dog things are kind of weird. Really wonder what that's going to be about.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

The pixelated mouths on the dog things are kind of weird. Really wonder what that's going to be about.

I think the evil spirits that are gonna be introduced in this chapter will be video game themed. Check out the title page for the chapter: http://paranatural.net/chapter-4/

It's got pixelated hearts and says "Player 2 Start".

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Attack the Block is fantastic, and Joe Cornish is a megadude.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Maybe there's less game and more spirit involved in Ed's game than is apparent?

eladank
Feb 22, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

I think the evil spirits that are gonna be introduced in this chapter will be video game themed. Check out the title page for the chapter: http://paranatural.net/chapter-4/

It's got pixelated hearts and says "Player 2 Start".

actually the entire right edge of the the circle is pixelated, the hearts, the dots at the end, the the far right side of the ribbon the hand makes, the trees and the suit.
I'm guessing we are going to see some spirit that makes things become pixelated.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Onean posted:

"Wow, you're really smacking that puppy."

"That would actually be a demon but I understand the mix-up"

hmmmmmmmmmm

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Onean posted:

It's my secret hope is that at some point Ed masters the Spec-shot to the point that he starts calling it the Supreme Universe Beam.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
But that's how you perfect it.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Update!

Looks like our anvil-themed friend might have been some kind of dragon spirit originally. That's some gorgeous-looking fire in the first panel.

And here's our example of the barrier in action! So that's one of the new concepts that Ed dropped explained (though not to Max).

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 11, 2013

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Armour dragon guy looks pretty sheepish there. Oops! :3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I guess this may be related to why Mayview in particular is such a hotbed of Spirit Mayhem?

Either that, or Spender's people (or someone else) are civic minded and establish barriers around cities to cut down on rogue spirits from outside coming in and causing mayhem.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Paul.Power posted:

Update!

Looks like our anvil-themed friend might have been some kind of dragon spirit originally. That's some gorgeous-looking fire in the first panel.

And here's our example of the barrier in action! So that's one of the new concepts that Ed dropped explained (though not to Max).

He's more of a forge-themed guy than an anvil-themed guy. He's got a furnace in his chest and everything.

He does seem pretty draconic though. Fire breath powers could easily be due to him being a forge, but those teeth look pretty reptilian and his shoulders look like they're covered in scale mail.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

He is both the dragon and the knight all warped up in one convenient blacksmith forge themed package.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
New page: http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-45/

I love those lil doggies.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anvilwyrm Knight is a pretty awesome looking dude, even if he is making a fool of himself :allears:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Tollymain posted:

Anvilwyrm Knight is a pretty awesome looking dude, even if he is making a fool of himself :allears:

He has a bit of a hot temper :rimshot: (oh god that's a double pun I didn't even mean it)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, god, that last line.

Then tell me the hard way.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I get the feeling this guy isn't too bright.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Isaac will probably worship this dude.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
SpiritSpeak for this page:
I am calm
DIE
Then tell me the hard way

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mr. Lobe posted:

I get the feeling this guy isn't too bright.

I'm not sure it's so much that as "buttons are easily pushed"

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Razorwired posted:

In case anyone was wondering these are the monsters in Attack the Block:

The neatest effect on the monsters doesn't come across as well in stills.

Their fur absorbs all light.

Bonus Paul Robertson version.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I thought Anvilwyrm Knight's speech was some kind of crackety-rear end code and you guys were a bunch of genius wizards to crack it with so little to go on. Then I figured out the secret, and now I paradoxically think Zack is even more of a genius.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
The thing that bugs me about the code is that I really feel like it should read right to left, so that it's just rotated 90 degrees. When the poltergeist actually had one line in English, I had to try really hard to not parse it as "OVER ROLL."

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Update!

Storm gods, huh? Wonder if that's referencing Isaac's spirit?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Zach's comment there may be the best one yet.

Man, hard to believe we're 46 pages in this chapter and just about to get to the focus of the title.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Spirit talk is simple this strip.

I'd be trapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
So this magic barrier blocks out spectrals, huh? I guess we know why the Ghost Train in this chapter is gonna be relevant now.

The "unethical way" is a Tool, I take it.