Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Batman
Sep 11, 2001

The Dark Knight

Mr. Onslaught posted:

I want a gym/fitness app that lets me type in my own routine and track my lifts. That's all. I've downloaded probably 10 different apps at this point trying to find something that does this simple task, and they are all utter garbage. Surely there is something out there that suits my needs? I guess I could just continue using notes.app but I thought there might be something slicker.

Just a heads up, Strong is a free download today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Question Mark Mound posted:

Close all the reminder cards and tap the little clock symbol, it orders the reminders by "Scheduled" date across all reminder lists.

japtor posted:

And that little clock button might be hidden, you gotta drag the cards down to reveal it (along with search).

I'm not a big fan the Reminders UI, the card stack feels clunky and out of place in iOS 7.

Thanks guys! That's exactly what I was looking for . . . and I agree, not a fan of the Reminders UI. Seems counter-intuitive compared to everything else.

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

For a long time now, I've been experiencing some weird behavior with trying to leave reviews on the App Store. If I try to submit a review, it just keeps asking me over and over for my password, and the review never gets submitted. I've tried logging out, rebooting, etc. Nothing has fixed the problem. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

hypersleep posted:

For a long time now, I've been experiencing some weird behavior with trying to leave reviews on the App Store. If I try to submit a review, it just keeps asking me over and over for my password, and the review never gets submitted. I've tried logging out, rebooting, etc. Nothing has fixed the problem. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Yes, but it went away when I upgraded to iOS 7. Have you tried managing your account in the Apple website? Maybe change your password and try again a few hours later.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Is there an app or a way I can select all the pictures in camera roll and delete them? I use Photosync so I rarely have my iPhone plugged into my computer to use Image Capture/Explorer to do. It would be nice if there was a way to do it easily from the device. It appears you can no longer go to Usage -> Photos & Videos -> and Swipe on Camera Roll to delete it with iOS 7.

ndrake
Mar 29, 2002

You know, this is a damn fine cup of coffee.
Did something change in ios7 regarding airplay for video apps? VLC won't airplay a video to my apple tv, though I'm not sure it ever did. I always used to use goodplayer for this, and now goodplayer's airplay is just for audio. What gives? Airplay mirroring looks crappy, I want the full screen experience I used to have. Do I need to download a different app? Does the built in videos app do it? Then I would have to convert all these files...

edit: looks like goodplayer airplay only works with videos that can be hardware decoded. Any other apps that work? Anyone try infuse? (which says it works)

ndrake fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 14, 2013

slashtom
Jan 5, 2012
VeteranX
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a Golf application, I guess to keep score or look at holes/distances for different courses?

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

slashtom posted:

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a Golf application, I guess to keep score or look at holes/distances for different courses?

Golfshot GPS. It's pricey but a great app. Worth every penny.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
So I have some redemption codes for Wide Sky. If you're going to take one, don't be an rear end in a top hat. Please post which one you grabbed.

7HKNRLNJHHH7
KNXHFJLK3EA3
JH4RHJT6KFT4
XRL33EWKN4LE
YRA49K6XF4HR
WPR7NN979P6F
LFL76ALRRP3L

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Thanks. Used LFL76ALRRP3L.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Took 7HKNRLNJHHH7. A bunch of others were already taken, too. Thanks, random leeches!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I took WPR7NN979P6F

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I used the code XRL33EWKN4LE thanks!

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?
I used KNXHFJLK3EA3

Thank you!

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

Accipiter posted:

So I have some redemption codes for Wide Sky. If you're going to take one, don't be an rear end in a top hat. Please post which one you grabbed.

Some rear end in a top hat took YRA49K6XF4HR and JH4RHJT6KFT4. It wasn't me. Just thought others would like to know.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Just got "Endless Alphabet" for a kid friendly app, and it is really nicely done. Basically a learning letters app with some cool animated monsters. It looks like they update the word list so hopefully it won't get stale.

$5 though, but it looks great and doesn't have any IAP.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.

Nask26 posted:

What's the best way to go for offline gps nowadays? Most of the major companies have terrible ratings.

I have been using sygic for quite a while and I love it, haven't had any issues with it.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Something to find apartments?

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

priznat posted:

Just got "Endless Alphabet" for a kid friendly app, and it is really nicely done. Basically a learning letters app with some cool animated monsters. It looks like they update the word list so hopefully it won't get stale.

My 2 year old LOVES this. It's really cute and not super obnoxious.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

PRADA SLUT posted:

Apartment List is good depending on your part of the country. Mokriya is a really good Craigslist app that fully supports the apartment page - includes thumbnails and everything. I recommend setting up an IFTTT recipe that texts you/emails you every time a listing within your criteria is put up on Craigslist*. Padmapper is not a very nice experience and is tied up in lawsuits with Craigslist. I'm in the SF Bay Area looking for an apartment and all these things have been pretty invaluable.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

PRADA SLUT posted:

padmapper and rentcompass

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

priznat posted:

I got this last January when it was free and even today, I would still be willing to buy it if I had to pay for it.

With how amazing that is, I constantly check to see if the company has any other games out. They have a block game, which is fun but not as amazing as Endless Alphabet.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Yep my 18 month old even though he doesn't understand the words yet loves Endless Alphabet. Any other young toddler suggestions?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Best free flight tracker app? Preferably something that's been updated for iOS 7.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

PRADA SLUT posted:

I really like this app, it's from realtor.com and it works great.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Eight Is Legend posted:

Best free flight tracker app? Preferably something that's been updated for iOS 7.
Kayak Pro goes free every so often and it's fantastic, in my opinion.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Eight Is Legend posted:

Depending on your needs, Wolfram Alpha through Siri might work. I tried a few queries and it seems to work as long as you preface it with "wolfram" first, like "wolfram flights from LAX to SFO" and "wolfram southwest flight [number]" both worked, but just came up with a web search without it.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Flighttrack Pro is what I use, but it's not iOS 7 yet. I have it connected to TripIt so it's pretty automatic.

geera
May 20, 2003

decypher posted:

Is there an app or a way I can select all the pictures in camera roll and delete them? I use Photosync so I rarely have my iPhone plugged into my computer to use Image Capture/Explorer to do. It would be nice if there was a way to do it easily from the device. It appears you can no longer go to Usage -> Photos & Videos -> and Swipe on Camera Roll to delete it with iOS 7.
PhotoSync has an option to delete photos/videos after it syncs them to your computer.
Edit: read the option wrong

geera fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 15, 2013

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

geera posted:

PhotoSync has an option to delete photos/videos after it syncs them to your computer.

Where? I've had the program for years and I've never seen that as an option.

geera
May 20, 2003

decypher posted:

Where? I've had the program for years and I've never seen that as an option.
My bad, I read the "Keep After Transfer" option and thought it referred to deleting pictures, not just keeping them selected. Doesn't look like there is such an option after all :(

I was going to contact them about slow-motion videos not transferring from my 5s properly, so maybe I'll make a feature request for that option as well.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Neither of those are possible. There's apparently no API to access slow-mo data (yet?), and apps will probably never be able to delete photos from your camera roll.

Understeer
Sep 14, 2004

Now with more front end grip.

smackfu posted:

I have it connected to TripIt so it's pretty automatic.

Had no idea this was possible. Thanks!

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

geera posted:

I was going to contact them about slow-motion videos not transferring from my 5s properly, so maybe I'll make a feature request for that option as well.

You can use this to save slo-mo videos to your camera roll and then transfer them to your PC/other apps: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/truslomo/id713419894?mt=8

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm new to RSS, and I'd like a free app that will put a notification on my iPod's lock screen when the LP RSS feed has a new entry. What's a good app for this?

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 17, 2013

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

^ maybe IFTTT?

For flight and travel tracking, I'm using TripCase. It will notify you if your flight is delayed or if there's a gate change or whatever. It can also store all of your hotel and car rental confirmation numbers.

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

Google FINALLY added manual video quality settings to the YouTube app. Now I don't have to constantly deal with the app going from streaming 720p to 240p for some amorphous reason.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
I expect the answer is 'no', but I thought I'd ask anyway: is there a way to sync my listening position from iTunes to downcast? That's the only native podcast app feature I really miss, since I go back and forth from my computer to mobile fairly often.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

taco show posted:

^ maybe IFTTT?

I looked at that, but since I have an iPod, I don't see any way to make it work.

I also should have mentioned the fact that I have an iPod in my post. I've edited it to include that bit of info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Maybe I'm missing something, but why does that matter?

• Locked thread