Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Cuckoo posted:

It's like being 10 in Silph.co again :saddowns: I'm stuck in the Team Flare hideout. Found everyone but the one who gives the elevator key. Does anyone know where she is?

The doorway on the far right. It will take you to a different room. It's one of the Admins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Unbound posted:

The doorway on the far right. It will take you to a different room. It's one of the Admins.

Ooh, thanks! I didn't see there was one there, will have to backtrack.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I have to say, leveling the capture power is amazing for catching pokemon; I just lob quick balls at everything the first turn and almost always get a catch, even on the traditionally super-annoying ones.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

How do I get Pokemon to Super Train if it says they don't want to?

edit: VVV I'm dumb :ughh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Each friend safari has three pokemon in it, right? All I can find are two in the first one I've tried.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

alg posted:

How do I get Pokemon to Super Train if it says they don't want to?

Tap on it and it'll wake up.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Finally caught up on this goddamn thread. Got a question I haven't seen asked yet, but this is of vital importance to me and the way I play the game.

When do Fresh Water, Soda Pop and Lemonade become available for sale? I just got to Ambrette town earlier today in my copy of Y.

Also, for those looking for potential rainy spots to evolve a Sligoo, there was rain on Route 8 in my game earlier today. So it might help to check there if you're looking to evolve one.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

W.T. Fits posted:

When do Fresh Water, Soda Pop and Lemonade become available for sale? I just got to Ambrette town earlier today in my copy of Y.
There's a guy selling Soda semi-early, a guy selling Fresh Water midgame, and a girl selling Moo Moo Milk late. Haven't seen Lemonade but there may be a store for it around the 5th gym.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Each friend safari has three pokemon in it, right? All I can find are two in the first one I've tried.

When selecting your friend, it'll show three slots. At first only the first two slots will be available (they'll have Pokéballs in them) but eventually the third slot will open up (it's usually a rarer Pokémon with a chance of having its Hidden Ability). My best guess is that to make the third slot open up, that friend must also have access to the Friend Safari.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Well poo poo, shiny Wobbuffet just popped up in the safari and I can't switch out my level 77 Charizard from the front so this'll be fun trying to catch it.

HeyItsAyls posted:

When selecting your friend, it'll show three slots. At first only the first two slots will be available (they'll have Pokéballs in them) but eventually the third slot will open up (it's usually a rarer Pokémon with a chance of having its Hidden Ability). My best guess is that to make the third slot open up, that friend must also have access to the Friend Safari.

I actually read the explanation the woman tells you right after I posted that question and she says that extra pokemon show up when your friend is online. Probably should have done that at first but I didn't notice it!

e: woo, first shiny caught :toot:

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 14, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Does the "special juice" in cafes actually do anything?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

That first third person city was SO CONFUSING. I got so lost.

also the FPS in this game is such poo poo it's unbelievable.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Is sacred sword the last move Doublade learns at 51 or should I keep off on evolving it even longer?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jsor posted:

:colbert:

Pokemon is just going back to its roots. It's only a matter of time until somebody figures out how to abuse this save corruption to get a Missingno and 256 master balls.

This would be so awesome. I remember abusing the save system to clone pokemon right around the first pokemon movie thinking it was intentional by Nintendo. poo poo was cash.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Is there any reason my Gredinja is only doing 100 points per shot in super training? Are the ammount of points dependant on how many evs you have?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dastardly posted:

Is sacred sword the last move Doublade learns at 51 or should I keep off on evolving it even longer?

Nah, you're good at that point. Sacred Sword/Iron Head/Shadow Claw and Swords Dance or King's Shield are all it ever needs.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Finally got it to rain on route 14, and then in the time I was in the menu feeding Sliggoo a rare candy it stopped raining. Sigh.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
Serebii claims that Mareep is on Route 12. Can anyone confirm? I need my gloriously maned Ampharos.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

jymbojones posted:

Serebii claims that Mareep is on Route 12. Can anyone confirm? I need my gloriously maned Ampharos.

Yes. Had to spam sweet scent to get a horde to show up but eventually it did. Ran into a few Pinsir while I was at it, too.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

jymbojones posted:

It's a horde pokemon, so use lots of Honey/Sweet Scent to find it.

Or save before and use one honey and if you don't get Mareep soft reset your game.

Rainbow Tapir
Aug 19, 2010
I didn't bother soft resetting to start with, so I got a male Kalos starter (Fennekin :swoon:) and a male Kanto starter but I just got to the fossil town and was like "okay, I'll try soft resetting for a female Tyrunt, I'll keep going no matter how long it takes!"

First try? Female Tyrunt. :)

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
I feel really dumb, I never did much breeding in any of the other Pokemon games. I'm trying to read as much as I can to answer the questions I have, but I'll just have to poo poo up the thread with more questions. I'm sorry.

So people have been saying in X/Y a ditto + male = a pokemon that can still have the male's ability? I understand Hidden Abilities are different and can only be found on Pokemon from Certain Places and can only be passed down by a female. So I guess what I'm asking is it still possible to get a Female Egg with the ability passed down from a male, and then use that female to breed for the nature you want with the ability you want. It seems like that would be a nice change and favor those of us who didn't reset for male starters/fossils.

Also, people talk about Everstones for breeding. I know it stops evolution, but why use it during breeding? Is it because it may have to sit in the daycare long enough to reach the level they evolve? In that case, can you not breed Pokemon that have evolved? Forgive my idiocy. :(

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I built my team based off of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The end result has actually worked out quite well.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Speaking of Mega-Evolutions, is anyone holding off on using any of their mega stones until the transfer app goes live?

I have an Ampharos in my copy of Heart Gold who barely helped me squeeze out a win against Claire in that game by tanking a Hyper Beam from her Kingdra (left him with like 6 HP) then Thunder Punching that son of a bitch into next week while it was recovering. So I kind of want to save the Ampharosite for him, because he's more than earned the right to transform into a fabulous hair metal dragon as far as I'm concerned. :shobon:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

W.T. Fits posted:

Speaking of Mega-Evolutions, is anyone holding off on using any of their mega stones until the transfer app goes live?

I have an Ampharos in my copy of Heart Gold who barely helped me squeeze out a win against Claire in that game by tanking a Hyper Beam from her Kingdra (left him with like 6 HP) then Thunder Punching that son of a bitch into next week while it was recovering. So I kind of want to save the Ampharosite for him, because he's more than earned the right to transform into a fabulous hair metal dragon as far as I'm concerned. :shobon:

I was under the impression that mega evolution stones were used in combat, last only until the end of combat, and are not consumed.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
Checked the move relearner. Some intresting things:
-Tyrantrum(sp?) gets Head smash
-Goodra gets Outrage
-Greninja gets Night slash, Mat block, and Role play
- Heracross gets Arm thrust and Bullet seed

Also, some pokes can learn level up moves before they actually reach that level. Lucario can grab close combat and extreme speed at 32, for example.

Specto fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 15, 2013

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Is Competitive a new ability? Boosts Sp. Atk stat when a stat is lowered. Got a Jigglypuff with it from the safari.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

I was under the impression that mega evolution stones were used in combat, last only until the end of combat, and are not consumed.

This is correct. And you can swap MEGA-stones between Pokemon any time outside of battle.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Finally beat the E4 and Champion today!

Team: Gengar, Blaziken, Raichu, Greninja, Xerneas, Charizard.

Dragon-type was my undoing. Guess I need to train my ice-fossil-pokemon soon.

Where's the professor supposed to be at the beginning of the post-game? God drat I hate searching for things in Luminose city.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

BattleMaster posted:

Mega stones are hold items, yes, and they're not consumables..

Mondlicht posted:

I feel really dumb, I never did much breeding in any of the other Pokemon games. I'm trying to read as much as I can to answer the questions I have, but I'll just have to poo poo up the thread with more questions. I'm sorry.

So people have been saying in X/Y a ditto + male = a pokemon that can still have the male's ability? I understand Hidden Abilities are different and can only be found on Pokemon from Certain Places and can only be passed down by a female. So I guess what I'm asking is it still possible to get a Female Egg with the ability passed down from a male, and then use that female to breed for the nature you want with the ability you want. It seems like that would be a nice change and favor those of us who didn't reset for male starters/fossils.

Also, people talk about Everstones for breeding. I know it stops evolution, but why use it during breeding? Is it because it may have to sit in the daycare long enough to reach the level they evolve? In that case, can you not breed Pokemon that have evolved? Forgive my idiocy. :(

1. Early reports suggest that hidden abilities can be passed through male pokemon now, but this game is new and so we don't know all the specifics.

2. Everstones make it more likely that the parent holding it passes on its nature.

2.5. Pokemon don't evolve while stored in day care.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Specto posted:

Tyrantum has Rock Head as its hidden ability. :getin:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

DoctorStrangelove posted:

This is correct. And you can swap MEGA-stones between Pokemon any time outside of battle.

I'm aware of all that. I still want my HG Ampharos to get first dibs, though. :colbert:

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

Sade posted:

Mega stones are hold items, yes, and they're not consumables..

1. Early reports suggest that hidden abilities can be passed through male pokemon now, but this game is new and so we don't know all the specifics.

2. Everstones make it more likely that the parent holding it passes on its nature.

2.5. Pokemon don't evolve while stored in day care.

Thanks so much! Appreciate it. :)

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I just saw this image in the PYF things concerning pokemon.

I think my game might be bugged. I have the Meadow Vivillon but I'm not anywhere near that region nor do I have my region set to any of those. I'm supposed to have the Modern one. Not complaining though. Pink vivillon is pretty great.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Tyrantum has Rock Head as its hidden ability. :getin:

Holy gently caress that's beautiful.

Edit: There are no Pokémon that resist Dragon, Rock, Ground, and Dark. All the fairies get smashed by Head Smash or Earthquake.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 15, 2013

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Specto posted:

-Goodra gets Outrage
-Greninja gets Night slash, Mat block, and Role play
- Heracross gets Arm thrust and Bullet seed

Also, some pokes can learn level up moves before they actually reach that level. Lucario can grab close combat and extreme speed at 32, for example.

Goodra learns Outrage naturally, Greninja gets Night Slash as well. No special Dark moves, though. :sigh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Manatee Cannon posted:

Goodra learns Outrage naturally, Greninja gets Night Slash as well. No special Dark moves, though. :sigh:

Can Greninja learn Dark Pulse? Actually is Dark Pulse still a TM?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

At least Dark Pulse is a TM now.

Edit:

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can Greninja learn Dark Pulse? Actually is Dark Pulse still a TM?

Not in Gen5, but it is now. Having said that, all the Gen5 TMs seem to be the same as they were. And only 6 new ones got added. So there's only one TM of a Fairy type move.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
How did I ever play this loving game before the touch screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pretentious Owl
Mar 31, 2011

EB: it is true, it is a fact from an alien.
I was late to the party and just got X yesterday! I was looking for a Pancham to use on my team AND UM GUYS I'M A LITTLE CONFIDANT THEY CHANGED THE SHINY RATIO IN THIS GAME :stare:

(I caught her and named her Cranberry :3: )

• Locked thread