Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xeom
Mar 16, 2007
I hope this is the correct thread to ask this, I tried asking in the engineering thread, but nobody responded.

I have two possible GPA's to put on my resume, my school GPA and my cumulative GPA. My school GPA is just my current schools GPA(Florida State), while the cumulative GPA is both my FSU GPA and my community college GPA. My school seems to report both to me, but I am not entirely sure what they put on my transcript.

The question is then should I put my cumulative GPA on my resume? I am majoring in chemical engineering, my school GPA is sub 3.0, while my cumulative is over 3.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seacat
Dec 9, 2006

Xeom posted:

I hope this is the correct thread to ask this, I tried asking in the engineering thread, but nobody responded.

I have two possible GPA's to put on my resume, my school GPA and my cumulative GPA. My school GPA is just my current schools GPA(Florida State), while the cumulative GPA is both my FSU GPA and my community college GPA. My school seems to report both to me, but I am not entirely sure what they put on my transcript.

The question is then should I put my cumulative GPA on my resume? I am majoring in chemical engineering, my school GPA is sub 3.0, while my cumulative is over 3.0.

I've never heard of anyone averaging GPAs from multiple schools. My advice would be to find out what the official paperwork (your transcript from FSU) says. I know my community college credits transferred, but the grades did not, but maybe your uni's rules are different. If your degree granting school's paperwork says < 3.0, leave it off, if it's > 3.0, put it on. Honestly though in Chem-E I wouldn't worry too much unless you barely graduated with a basement GPA somehow. In school-prestige obsessed professions like law it's different but I've been working in the chemical sciences for years and nobody really gives a poo poo about GPAs as long as you got the BS.

ConfusedNudeMan
Feb 20, 2004

I'm gay for Frank Dux!
A friend of mine referred me to this thread as I have been having some trouble on the job front and have some questions maybe someone can answer or ease me into.

I am 26 years old and don't have a college degree. I had a major personal problem which led me to leaving college 3 semesters early to getting an Info Tech/Systems degree. It's not feasible right now to go back and finish my degree CURRENTLY. I have been working various jobs for the last 10 years. I worked at a supermarket getting promoted to assistant grocery manager, but had to relocate with my parents and lost that job. As I stated I have had some extremely bad personal problems the last few years which led me to getting a blemish on my record (criminal background). It's been an extremely hard time for me getting a decent job other than bullshit retail, fast-food or restaurant jobs washing dishes. I am trying to get into an entry level IT job or something decent at least. I do not want be laboring for the rest of my life. I have finally got my poo poo together the last year and am really getting my rear end in gear in the job department.

So, a few questions for you guys. Are sites like Monster or Careerbuilder a good start? A good friend of mine said he got a decent networking job off Monster. I am constantly looking through Craigslist as well. I have a resume, but am looking to re-do it over. Is it OK to put down my education experience even though I don't have a degree? Right now, my biggest problems are my work experience and background. I understand it's up to the employer, but I would have 0 work experience in fields I would be interested in working in. Plus the criminal background (non-violent).

I recently went through a hiring process at a very good company and got to the last interview. I made it through the first round of testing, interviews, the work related testing, online psych profiles and was called into my final interview. I was denied the job the last stage and there weren't many candidates at that point left. They were hiring 5 people and I was still denied. I know for a fact it wasn't my background because I asked after (They didn't even know at that point!). But the hiring manager basically told me I was denied the job because my body language indicated I wasn't confident in being able to do the job. He said the others were very confident in their abilities to do the job, some even cocky. And also I had no relevant job experience in the industry (Even though it was a job to be trained for). He said since I had no relevant job experience, I needed to make myself stand out of the others competing for the job. How can I do that? I did everything I thought I did right. I honestly thought I killed the interview, but I guess not. And this was a dream job for me at my age (amazing salary, benefits, great hours, etc). I am extremely pissed and now I have a fire in me. If anyone would like to PM me, I'd like to talk to someone knowledgeable. If not, I hope I can get some direction here. Thanks!

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
God christ, I am now unemployed because I decided to move across the country. It's been about 2-3 weeks and I shotgun applied to a ton of places and only got one reply. I'm not sure if my resume just sucks or I just have bad luck. Although I'm using the same resume I've basically used for the last 8 years with updates.

Gonna go through this thread a bit then come back and to ask some questions.

edit: When I did a phone interview, a guy asked me how much KiloBytes are in 1GB. What the gently caress lol. I actually didn't know that.

signalnoise posted:

Is firstname@signalnoise.net less "professional" than firstname.lastname@gmail.com or does anyone even care about the aesthetics of email addresses anymore?

I actually use firstname@lastname because it leads them to my website which actually isn't a resume but it's just an archive of pictures I have which is travel pictures/photography so it seems like I have a social life/hobby outside of work and I'm not a neckbeard sitting in my moms basement. Also, it links to my linkedin. I really don't care about the linkedin profile content but I got a lot of good reviews or testimonials on linkedin which I wouldn't mind them seeing.

lol internet. fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 15, 2013

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

lol internet. posted:

God christ, I am now unemployed because I decided to move across the country. It's been about 2-3 weeks and I shotgun applied to a ton of places and only got one reply. I'm not sure if my resume just sucks or I just have bad luck. Although I'm using the same resume I've basically used for the last 8 years with updates.
Stop shotgun applying; we can smell it and we delete them. Try to tailor your resume to the jobs you want and don't be desperate.

quote:

edit: When I did a phone interview, a guy asked me how much KiloBytes are in 1GB. What the gently caress lol. I actually didn't know that.
:what:

Hopefully you were applying for some technology job, and really dude - you couldn't at least get to the components? 1024 MB in a GB, 1024 KB in an MB, you don't need to do the math in your head but still. Hell, even if you just said 1000/1000 and got to a million, that would've been fine too. The interviewer's not going to have some checklist of "did they say exactly 1048576"; they're looking for "around a million" or that you at least tried to figure it out.

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma

Bisty Q. posted:

Hopefully you were applying for some technology job, and really dude - you couldn't at least get to the components? 1024 MB in a GB, 1024 KB in an MB, you don't need to do the math in your head but still. Hell, even if you just said 1000/1000 and got to a million, that would've been fine too. The interviewer's not going to have some checklist of "did they say exactly 1048576"; they're looking for "around a million" or that you at least tried to figure it out.

Seriously. WTF LOL is the wrongest instinct you should have to a fairly straightforward interview question. Most of these questions aren't designed to illicit a correct answer. Interviewers are looking for a "can-do" attitude in response to even the most ridiculous problems. Because guess what? Even the most ordinary roles will encounter ridiculous problems that will need solving.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
If it's a customer facing position, they might also want to see how you'd react when faced with an absolute loving mouth breathing dumbass.

"Uh, what the gently caress kind of question is that" in any form is not very good customer service.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
It ended up being a customer facing job which I did turned down. To be honest, I rarely encounter converting GB to KB in my day to day work so I actually wasn't sure. I took a wild guess.

Anyways, I'm working on a new resume. Would it be a big no no if I re-applied to a couple jobs which I noticed they re-posted since applying with my older "clunky" resume? It's been about 2 weeks.

edit: I've taken ICND1/2 online training courses (virtual classroom with live instructor,) is it worth listing on my resume?

If so, how should I list it? I placed it under the "EDUCATION AND TRAINING" section but should I list Vancouver, BC as the location as that's where I took the course online?

code:
Skillsoft – Vancouver, BC
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1,) Completed Oct. 2012
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2,) Completed Nov. 2012

Vancouver College - Vancouver, BC
Vanouver Course, Completed Apr. 2010

Toronto College – Toronto, ON
CollegeProgram, Completed Apr. 2006

lol internet. fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 15, 2013

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Giant Goats posted:

Can you describe it as a media convention/consumer fair/trade exhibition? I would leave the word anime out of it if you can, but it is management experience worth mentioning if it's relevant to the position.

This is practical advice if you're uncomfortable with putting "anime" on your resume, but almost guaranteed that you'll be asked about it. You can describe it as "Japanese media" or "Japanese animation" or whatever, but invariably there will be more than just that.

However, taking what I assume is just a "hobby" (i.e. running the anime convention) from a crappy two-room affair to a Big Thing with close to 20k attendance is seriously something to be proud of and absolutely should be on your resume, unless you're really short on space, looking to cut things from your resume, and are applying to be something completely unrelated. But really, running something like that involves a wide set of skills, some of which can easily be applied to almost any job.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

lol internet. posted:

Anyways, I'm working on a new resume. Would it be a big no no if I re-applied to a couple jobs which I noticed they re-posted since applying with my older "clunky" resume? It's been about 2 weeks.
If it's a re-posting, go for it. If they haven't called you inside of a full two weeks, they probably weren't interested, and the worst that can happen is that you continue not working there.

lol internet. posted:

edit: I've taken ICND1/2 online training courses (virtual classroom with live instructor,) is it worth listing on my resume?
If you don't have the certifications, all this tells an employer is that someone paid money for you to enroll in this. You may or may not have sat in a chair for a period of time. Study up and get the certs if you want these classes to actually be worth something.

R2ICustomerSupport
Dec 12, 2004

Gray Ghost posted:

Would y'all mind checking out my resume?

The page for it is here

I'm trying to apply for more creative senior editor positions in journalism, magazines, and online editorial in the New York area (as well as copywriter and copyeditor positions) and I'm not getting any bites at all. I'm actually at the point where I'm considering moving to Los Angeles to start over. Should I be considering a new design or is the experience lacking for senior positions?

Here is a VERY basic critique. Hope this helps!

Goon Approved Resume and CV Writing Service
http://bit.ly/ForumsCritique
My service will get you job interviews!

R2ICustomerSupport
Dec 12, 2004

corkskroo posted:

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but UK CVs:

2 pages max?
Include references with contact info?
Leave out interests section?
No personal statement?

Both CV and resume length is a tricky issue that there is all sorts of conflicting advice about. Basically a CV or resume needs to be as tight as possible, and by "tight" I mean a the document needs to have as much relevant information as possible and as little irrelevant information as possible. Usually, when done well, this will result in a document that is one or two pages long. The "one page rule" is a handy guideline for some situations (like for most recent university graduates) but it is actually pretty antiquated as a hard and fast rule.

A two page CV or resume is fine, as long as all the content is relevant and the two page version delivers value that a one page resume couldn't, meaning that a one page resume would force you to get rid of accomplishments that would help you secure an interview. If we are cutting relevant material that adds value just to get to a page, then we are diminishing the value of the resume forcing it to be a page long. However, having a neat one-page resume has it's own value. So we have to balance the value of a one page resume vs. a 1.5 or two page resume with more relevant content and determine which is most valuable for your specific situation.

That being said academics and people with many years of job experience can justify three, or in some cases, four page resumes or CVs. There are also different formatting issues and preferred lengths for different countries.

corkskroo posted:

Also, with CVs is it ok to play creative with the formatting when applying to a creative/design job?

I suggest you keep your CV simple and easy to read. It can work but the safest bet is to use your portfolio to demonstrate your creative abilities. Hopefully you have an online portfolio you can link to in your CV.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Is it weird for a recruiter to ask me for a list of companies I want to work for, like 20-50?

corkskroo
Sep 10, 2004

Thanks. That gives me some reinforcement for what I went with. Late in the game I cut down to 2 pages and got rid of some stuff and then in the 11th hour I completely redesigned the cv to be cleaner and simpler but still subtly show that I know how to design on a grid and use fonts smartly. A non-designer probably won't even notice that it's an InDesign cv and not a Word one but a design person will know. And it links out to my fully responsive portfolio. I feel really good about it and have submitted it to a couple of opportunities. Interviews forthcoming... Wish me luck.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

totalnewbie posted:

Is it weird for a recruiter to ask me for a list of companies I want to work for, like 20-50?
Weird or not, I can't imagine why they're asking you for this list instead of just doing their jobs.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Successfully predicted nine of the last five recessions

Any advice on my current resume? I feel like I'm very qualified for the kind of jobs I'm applying for (policy/political) but I haven't had much luck. I just added the summary of qualifications (tailored to a specific job posting) to the top at somebody's advice, I might get rid of it. I dropped some college newspaper experience to make room. In the real resume the actual names of the organizations are there, obviously.

https://db.tt/lLlGlsSl

Thanks!

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask in but I thought I would try in case anyone has any ideas. I work at a small office and we need to hire a receptionist/admin assistant. The location is a small town in the Midwest. Any suggestions for the best places to list the ad? Craigslist, Careerbuilder?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Local paper? Unemployment office? Craigslist for sure, probably.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
I applied to a job last week and I just noticed today a recruiting agency posted the same one (Looks exactly the same.)

Should I just go ahead and apply to the recruiter one?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

lol internet. posted:

I applied to a job last week and I just noticed today a recruiting agency posted the same one (Looks exactly the same.)

Should I just go ahead and apply to the recruiter one?
Generally, no. If you apply via the recruiter, they're going to want their cut even if the company decides to interview you based on your direct application. The recruiter's fee means the company will be less likely to take you over another direct applicant that won't cost them salary + recruiter commission.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets
Looking for some resume and general career advice.

I updated my resume after reading some of the tips but my situation is a little different, as I work for myself.
I have attached a link to my resume, any advice is appreciated. The attached is an example for a specific job I am applying to.

In addition to resume advice I am not really sure what kind of positions I am qualified for. I realize this is something I should never admit IRL. I feel I am qualified for much more than flipping burgers but for what exactly? I don't know.

I am a natural problem solver and I really like to know the inner workings of things.. Just accepting that something works is not enough. I am a "why" and "how" kind of a guy. I would love to solve unique problems at my job, whatever they may be. I am not crazy picky at the moment and really need to get something secure for insurance reasons, but if there is a position that is a better fit for me I would love to know at least which directions I should be looking with my experience and personality.

Also I don't know how exactly to approach the self employed aspect of my experience. I hope I did it tastefully in my resume. Issues that come to mind with this are those of loyalty. I feel like certain employers may see my personal business as a threat when it should be a showcase of my motivation.

http://i.imgur.com/zWaAyCu.png

Thanks in advanced!

philkop fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 22, 2013

corkskroo
Sep 10, 2004

You may want to take that resume to the resume thread. There's some basic editing (too much verbiage on the left) and re-formatting that you should do (is it landscape orientation? Never seen that before...)

Beyond that I have a feeling that a lot of us share your core concern: Your best asset is YOU and your thought process, not the specific certifications, positions or degrees that you have. The challenge, as you say, is describing what you've done so that it helps people understand how you did it and how you could apply that to their company. A good resume crit will help with that.

As for your side business, the main concern they might have is that it not interfere with your work for an employer. They will want 100% focus on their work while your in their house and you'll need to make sure they're confident that you'll be able to give them that. But depending on how you word it you should be able to convey what you want about your personal business: That it illustrates your motivation and problem-solving skills.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Is there a different resume thread?

corkskroo
Sep 10, 2004

totalnewbie posted:

Is there a different resume thread?

derp getting my threads confused early in the morning. There's another interview thread but this is the main resume thread. The rest of my thoughts still make sense I think.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
I think this is the right place for my questions, but sorry if it's not...

I've started looking around for my first second job; I've been at my current place since I left college but I think it's time to start looking for different, hopefully greener pastures. It's still early -- I've sent one resume and have only gotten to the code test -- but I'm starting to think about procedures when it comes to dealing with this at my current place. Mainly, two somewhat related things:

* If someone wants to bring me in to interview, how do I ask for the day off? I presume I stay as vague as I can, but is there any merit to honesty? Or only if I'm pressed for a reason for PTO on short notice?

* Since this is my first real job, all of my would-be references (including my boss, who I'd be asking for time off from) are at the company, when and how do I ask? Wait until I'm actually asked for them, or do I be proactive? And what sorts of people would they want as references?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Do you actually need to give a reason? If not, just tell your boss you need to have that day off. Or, if you really trust your boss, you can mention that you're interviewing for another position, but this can come back to gently caress you if your boss is an rear end in a top hat.

I've always waited until they're requested, as have most people I know. It probably doesn't matter too much who they are so long as they can talk about your work, so peers and bosses are both good. Really, the point of checking references is to make sure the person being hired isn't absolutely reviled by former coworkers. Frankly, if you've made it to the point where your references are actually being checked, you're probably in.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

philkop posted:

Thanks in advanced!
I would see if the Resume to Interview people will barter for some wallets for doing a good resume for you. :v:

As for direction, that's really hard because it's a thing a lot of people struggle with, and a ton of people never actually figure out! Generally if you don't already know there can be a ton of introspection needed to find a career you really want to focus on. I'm finally getting a handle on what I want to do in the long-term and it's taken several months of seeing a therapist/career counselor and a ton of research and consideration and being told my skills and interests aren't actually mundane and common as poo poo as I think they are.

Personally, I'd recommend getting a copy of What Color is Your Parachute and earnestly working through the second part of the book (specifically the Parachute Workbook chapters) that's all about taking an inventory of your specific skills and interests and goals and figuring out how to apply those to your career.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I would see if the Resume to Interview people will barter for some wallets for doing a good resume for you. :v:

As for direction, that's really hard because it's a thing a lot of people struggle with, and a ton of people never actually figure out! Generally if you don't already know there can be a ton of introspection needed to find a career you really want to focus on. I'm finally getting a handle on what I want to do in the long-term and it's taken several months of seeing a therapist/career counselor and a ton of research and consideration and being told my skills and interests aren't actually mundane and common as poo poo as I think they are.

Personally, I'd recommend getting a copy of What Color is Your Parachute and earnestly working through the second part of the book (specifically the Parachute Workbook chapters) that's all about taking an inventory of your specific skills and interests and goals and figuring out how to apply those to your career.

Nice, good lead. I will check the book out.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Bit a weird question, mostly to humor my dad so he stops asking about it:
I'm applying to the US Air Force. 6 months ago I had 8 people write me recommendations (they had to be specifically for the USAF, couldn't use my general ones). Now in the next month the Air Force is reviewing all their applicants and making decisions. My dad wants me to contact the AF and ask them when references get contacted and that I should warn them. I personally think this is a crazy idea that no good can come from, but I don't know maybe its normal. The references are all people I know well so its not like they would be at a loss from a call out of the blue about me. I'm thinking about just lying to my dad and saying I warned them since he keeps asking about it.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
I have a 6 month gap in my resume from traveling then relocating to another city. Should I address it in my resume in any way? I'm afraid potential employers will think it was because I wasn't able to find any jobs.

asur
Dec 28, 2012

Xenoborg posted:

Bit a weird question, mostly to humor my dad so he stops asking about it:
I'm applying to the US Air Force. 6 months ago I had 8 people write me recommendations (they had to be specifically for the USAF, couldn't use my general ones). Now in the next month the Air Force is reviewing all their applicants and making decisions. My dad wants me to contact the AF and ask them when references get contacted and that I should warn them. I personally think this is a crazy idea that no good can come from, but I don't know maybe its normal. The references are all people I know well so its not like they would be at a loss from a call out of the blue about me. I'm thinking about just lying to my dad and saying I warned them since he keeps asking about it.

Do the eight people know they could be contacted? If not, I would probably give them a heads up otherwise don't worry about it.

Cruxxed Up
Mar 30, 2011

Now you've done it.
A job in my very-limited field has opened up in my hometown, so I'm very excited. As luck would have it, I know someone fairly high-up in the department from when I interviewed him for my MA thesis in 2011. The job itself is a city government position so there's an official application through their website (which is glitchy as hell), but I was wondering if it would be acceptable to also send my cover letter and resume directly to his work email (it's posted publicly on the website) and re-introduce myself?

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

Cruxxed Up posted:

A job in my very-limited field has opened up in my hometown, so I'm very excited. As luck would have it, I know someone fairly high-up in the department from when I interviewed him for my MA thesis in 2011. The job itself is a city government position so there's an official application through their website (which is glitchy as hell), but I was wondering if it would be acceptable to also send my cover letter and resume directly to his work email (it's posted publicly on the website) and re-introduce myself?

Sure, but don't expect any special treatment; it's a government position and they likely can't do anything. Even if they could, you shouldn't expect any favors from this guy because it doesn't sound like the kind of relationship where the guy can speak to your work quality or anything like that.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

lol internet. posted:

I have a 6 month gap in my resume from traveling then relocating to another city. Should I address it in my resume in any way? I'm afraid potential employers will think it was because I wasn't able to find any jobs.

Where were you traveling? Did you do anything interesting? Bring it up in your cover letter.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007

Xandu posted:

Where were you traveling? Did you do anything interesting? Bring it up in your cover letter.

I went traveling through 5 countries in south-east asia. I was thinking of just putting "Travel Photography" in the resume for the 6 month gap, but wasn't sure.. how would I address it in the cover letter?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
"After traveling in Southeast Asia for six months, I joined blah blah blah"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Not to sound too E/N here but how do I find out what the hell is wrong with me or my resumé? I got the DD overhaul, I followed the linkedin thread's advice, but I can't get a drat interview.
This really came to a head yesterday when I was at a job fair. The company HR guy looked at my resume and said his division couldn't use me for this and that reason, but another division got a big contract and needs people with just my experience and background so I should apply with them.
Well the thing is I did apply to the other division. A month ago. The positions are still listed and I haven't heard a peep.
Since I got the DD resume service in May I've been firing it to every company hiring in my field and I have not gotten a single phone call. I haven't even gotten calls from staffing agencies for related positions. I'm worried that my status as a reservist is putting HR lackeys off but I can't really quit that.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

Not to sound too E/N here but how do I find out what the hell is wrong with me or my resumé? I got the DD overhaul, I followed the linkedin thread's advice, but I can't get a drat interview.
This really came to a head yesterday when I was at a job fair. The company HR guy looked at my resume and said his division couldn't use me for this and that reason, but another division got a big contract and needs people with just my experience and background so I should apply with them.
Well the thing is I did apply to the other division. A month ago. The positions are still listed and I haven't heard a peep.
Since I got the DD resume service in May I've been firing it to every company hiring in my field and I have not gotten a single phone call. I haven't even gotten calls from staffing agencies for related positions. I'm worried that my status as a reservist is putting HR lackeys off but I can't really quit that.

Simple question: Are you actually qualified for the jobs you're actually applying to? With the exception of the last job.

lol internet. fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 26, 2013

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

lol internet. posted:

Simple question: Are you actually qualified for the jobs you're actually applying to? With the exception of the last job.

For most of them I meet or exceed all listed requirements. The remainder the only deficiencies are things like only knowing 7/8 listed software suites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

For most of them I meet or exceed all listed requirements. The remainder the only deficiencies are things like only knowing 7/8 listed software suites.

No idea then, just lovely luck perhaps?

Anyways, do employers use multiple recruiters to find them a candidate? I notice a couple of job postings which seem the same but are by different recruiters. I always thought it's kinda you choose one and you go with it, not choose multiple recruiters and best candidate wins.