Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

I am Reverend posted:

Does Floette ever learn a move that doesn't suck? My girl Cheese Wreck just got Petal Blizzard but it's physical so it's not really cutting it. And when can I get a Shining Stone?

I was looking that up, and it learns moonbeam around 46ish and petal dance around then as well. Solar beam 52ish or something. But with moonbeam and petal dance you should be set.

As for a shiny stone, keep doing super training. One of the secret training things after you fully EV a pokemon will have a chance to drop one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Bookshelf at the back of the Lysandre cafe, but you have to fight both of the Flare agents in there first.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

A Pretentious Owl posted:

This thread goes so fast! I seem to remember someone earlier saying that the way a Pokemon's Ability is inherited has changed. Used to, the offspring would randomly have either one of its available normal abilities, right? Did I read right than now, with non-Ditto breeding, the baby will always have the ability of its mother?

Because the girl Goomy I traded for has Sap Sipper and I think I want Hydration :smith:

It's an 80/20 chance of inheriting the mother's ability.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Accidentally fumble fingered and wonder traded my ivysaur.

There are no words.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Der Metzgermeister posted:

Jesus Tapdancing Christ I am sick of fighting this battle over and over to soft reset for a female Bulbasaur. Do the genders of the pokemon Sycamore uses match the ones you get, or is it selected when you choose after the battle?

It's after the battle. Just breed for another if you want a female!

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

So I think Exp. Share in this game might be a little too good considering the Torchic I've had in my party the entire game is now a Blaziken that's like 8 levels higher than the rest of my team despite seeing battle about 3 times in the entire game. I know he counts as traded and gets bonus exp. but I would like him not to be over-leveled as poo poo so I can use him once in a while.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Jesus Tapdancing Christ I am sick of fighting this battle over and over to soft reset for a female Bulbasaur. Do the genders of the pokemon Sycamore uses match the ones you get, or is it selected when you choose after the battle?

There's only like 1/8th of a chance that the mon you get from him will be a female, which is true of all starters. I'm just happy I got a female Fennekin on my first try, even if her nature sucks :3:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Average Bear posted:

Yeah I don't understand all these people soft resetting when Ditto is A Thing.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

nerdbot posted:

It's an 80/20 chance of inheriting the mother's ability.
That's been changed. Last page.

Zoran posted:

:siren::siren: Breeding male Pokémon with hidden abilities with any Ditto allows you to pass the ability to offspring! :siren::siren:

Confirmed this just now with my event Torchic, just hatched a level 1 male Torchic with Speed Boost.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

LeafyOrb posted:

So I think Exp. Share in this game might be a little too good considering the Torchic I've had in my party the entire game is now a Blaziken that's like 8 levels higher than the rest of my team despite seeing battle about 3 times in the entire game. I know he counts as traded and gets bonus exp. but I would like him not to be over-leveled as poo poo so I can use him once in a while.

I love the change, but yeah, this is why I have it off for now. My Fennekin was level 25 before I let it evolve, and that was just because I was sick of cancelling the evolution. I would actually like to use this mon in battle! :argh:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

"because they're comfy and easy to wear"

BUT HE HAS THE WRONG NAME!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bogart posted:

-You can't get into the fancy boutique in Luminose before restoring power to the power plant. This is an unskippable event, so don't worry about missing it. To get in, you need to enter every cafe in Luminose and speak to Viola, the photographer, in one of the buildings on North Boulevard. (i think you may also need to battle three trainers in the alleyways of Luminose, but I am not sure.) If you are missing a cafe, there are two women in either the street with the boutique or South Boulevard that will talk about a cafe you haven't visited. If you're really stumped, you can hire a taxi to drive you to that cafe.

Those fuckers keep talking about cafes I've been to. I think there's some other flag that's not here, or they don't actually clue you in on cafes you missed and you have to find them manually.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Is the TinyMushroom used for anything except selling in this game?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I've read (but haven't tested myself) that if you fight him with a full party, you can back out when he asks to send your selected pokemon to the pc, save, and then reset until you get the gender/nature you're after.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

"because they're comfy and easy to wear"

BUT HE HAS THE WRONG NAME!

And the guy with the right name was earlier in the game, too!

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.

Average Bear posted:

Thanks. I was soft-resetting because I was thinking it'd be easier to breed if I didn't have to wait for Ditto, not even thinking that I could totally just GTS for one. :downs:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fried Chicken posted:

Crap. Ok, where do I get the good rod? Is it before the 2nd gym?

Between 3rd and 4th gym. Don't worry, gyms come a LOT faster now though. It's second gym-town-cave-third gym-story stuff about mega-evolution-4th gym. Talk to all the fishermen when you get to the harbor/marina area.

Even better: you get Fly's HM right before the fourth gym and the 4th badge lets you use Fly out of battle so you can dash right back to route 8.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

LeafyOrb posted:

Just don't use traded stuff and you'll be fine. I would take being a little overleveled over the never ending grind any day, I don't think I ever had to stop and grind on wild stuff to keep up to date.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Thanks. I was soft-resetting because I was thinking it'd be easier to breed if I didn't have to wait for Ditto, not even thinking that I could totally just GTS for one. :downs:

I'll go catch you one. Trying to hunt a pokemon and he keeps going near where they are.

My FC is 1822-0006-3279.

BadgerKingX
Feb 20, 2011
I zoned a bit after the fifth badge and missed where I was supposed to meet the prof. Can anyone give me some directions?

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Oh my loving god, the electric gym literally has an "ITS PIKACHU" quiz

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Does Serebii list evolution requirements? I can never find them on the pokemon's page. On a related note does noibat just evolve from leveling?

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Unbound posted:

I'll go catch you one. Trying to hunt a pokemon and he keeps going near where they are.

My FC is 1822-0006-3279.

Thanks! Can't promise anything fantastic in return since I'm right near the beginning, but I'll make sure it's something with a good nickname. FC 4699-6501-3301

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

BadgerKingX posted:

I zoned a bit after the fifth badge and missed where I was supposed to meet the prof. Can anyone give me some directions?

You can rewatch Holo Clips by selecting the thing from Key Items. (That is to say, I can't remember the specific place. Café Lysandre?)

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Yess, I just got into Boutique Coutire. I think visiting at least one restaurant is a requirement, since I just did that for the first time.

BadgerKingX
Feb 20, 2011

Shoopuf posted:

You can rewatch Holo Clips by selecting the thing from Key Items. (That is to say, I can't remember the specific place. Café Lysandre?)

You are so awesome. Thanks

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I know it has been said before, but these rival fights are terrible.

"I'm getting tired of losing to you."

Maybe you would have better chance if you used more than 3 Pokemon. :argh: I really hope she gets a full team before this is all over.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Thanks! Can't promise anything fantastic in return since I'm right near the beginning, but I'll make sure it's something with a good nickname. FC 4699-6501-3301

Just got one for you. Any 'mon with a silly name works fine for me.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 15, 2013

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I know it has been said before, but these rival fights are terrible.

"I'm getting tired of losing to you."

Maybe you would have better chance if you used more than 3 Pokemon. :argh: I really hope she gets a full team before this is all over.

I miss rivals that are complete assholes to you every time they see you. I cringe every time I see these guys especially the fat dancer guy, is there anything about him that isn't completely terrible?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

Those fuckers keep talking about cafes I've been to. I think there's some other flag that's not here, or they don't actually clue you in on cafes you missed and you have to find them manually.

On this note, I went in and did everything I hadn't yet done in Lumiose city, and they let me in. This meant getting a furfrou haircut, doing the loto-ID, resting at the swanky hotel, and working at the swanky hotel. I don't know what of any of that was actually necessary, but I blew like 124k pokebux on it so hopefully some of it was useful.

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Unbound posted:

Just got one for you. Any 'mon with a sill name works fine for me.

Thanks a ton!

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
As Aegislash am I supposed to be raising its defense or attack EV? I'm a little confused because of the form changing ability

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

horchata posted:

As Aegislash am I supposed to be raising its defense or attack EV? I'm a little confused because of the form changing ability

You can max out both of them and still have 4 EVs left over.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
That's what I'm doing with my honedge. Who cares if I can hit first when things can't hurt me?

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

On this note, I went in and did everything I hadn't yet done in Lumiose city, and they let me in. This meant getting a furfrou haircut, doing the loto-ID, resting at the swanky hotel, and working at the swanky hotel. I don't know what of any of that was actually necessary, but I blew like 124k pokebux on it so hopefully some of it was useful.

I didn't do the Furfrou haircut or rest at the swanky hotel and they let me in. I did visit a lot (maybe all, maybe not?) of the cafes, work at the hotel, get a raise at the hotel, and eat at the 1 star restaurant.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

LeafyOrb posted:

I miss rivals that are complete assholes to you every time they see you. I cringe every time I see these guys especially the fat dancer guy, is there anything about him that isn't completely terrible?

Whaaat? I love these guys. They're all friendly and silly and I always smile when I'm dealing with them. I'm really enjoying the light tone of the game's characters and story.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

LeafyOrb posted:

I miss rivals that are complete assholes to you every time they see. I cringe every time I see these guys especially the fat dancer guy, is there anything about him that isn't completely terrible?

Could be worse. They could be your friends from the Megaman Battle Network games.

But yea, your rivals/companions have really lost their bite in the last two games. It honestly wouldn't be so bad if the opposite gender avatar character would actually show up loaded for bear.

The games have a real big problem of getting "Show not tell" wrong, at least with the rival. She's supposed to be the best trainer in the group until the player shows up. But I've yet to see her with more than half a team.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Anyone know about evolving Noibat? For some reason I think it's level 48 but I'm not sure if I'm missing something...

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Lilipup and Larvesta showed up towards the end of my friend safari. E: AUDINO E2: Holy poo poo 1600 EXP per kill, and that's with the EXP share on.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, was part way through the ice dungeon when I decided to do Pokemon Amie for a bit. Got carried away and blew the battery away. It's that drat yarn heading game. It's adorable and the music is ridiculously catchy, especially in fever mode.

Also if you touch Goodra's slimes your hand gets all gooey. :3: Best dragon.

Was pretty lucky with the evolution too. Started raining just as he hit level 49, evolved soon after.

• Locked thread