Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Machai
Feb 21, 2013

goodness posted:

What the hell are you talking about? It seems awesome though.

Puzzle and Dragons, a very popular mobile game, especially in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
You have started a new addiction for me.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Machai posted:

You seem to have mixed posts for at least two threads here.

I was wondering where my reply for the PAD thread had gone. I need to stop reading and trying to reply to multiple threads at a time. :saddowns:

e: My condolences for anyone else that has just been sucked in to PAD because of this. Don't forget to read the OP.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 14, 2013

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
I just got an item called the Rod of Dischord. It transports you to wherever you click the mouse on the screen (not the map). It doesn't sound like much from the description, but boy am I glad I tried it out.
I have a stack of spelunker potions to scout out ores with, and as long as theres a 3x2 space near (even if it's pitch black) I can just zap myself there.
I don't think it'd be such a good idea early on, but at this stage it's a godsend.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

I just got an item called the Rod of Dischord. It transports you to wherever you click the mouse on the screen (not the map). It doesn't sound like much from the description, but boy am I glad I tried it out.
I have a stack of spelunker potions to scout out ores with, and as long as theres a 3x2 space near (even if it's pitch black) I can just zap myself there.
I don't think it'd be such a good idea early on, but at this stage it's a godsend.

It drops from chaos elementals(a hardmode enemy) so there's not really any chance of getting it really early on, you can use it to get into the jungle temple, and with wings or a jetpack you can apparently fall slowly enough and use the rod enough to gain altitude.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

lohli posted:

It drops from chaos elementals(a hardmode enemy) so there's not really any chance of getting it really early on, you can use it to get into the jungle temple, and with wings or a jetpack you can apparently fall slowly enough and use the rod enough to gain altitude.

You don't even need the wings/jetpack to do it, you can just spam click at the edges of your screen and you'll gain altitude easily. It's an incredibly good item.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Hmm, sounds interesting as gently caress, but I'm just not getting how it could be used to gain altitude, could either of you elaborate for me please? I'm a bit dumb.

Despoiler
Apr 9, 2002
I liked the part where Kuriyama did his big speech.
What boss should I attempt first in hardmode? I've been destroying altars and mining a lot.. i almost have a full set of titanium armor. Are there any other good items I should try and find? not sure what i'm supposed to do now. i fought skeleton prime and he wiped the floor with me

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Hmm, sounds interesting as gently caress, but I'm just not getting how it could be used to gain altitude, could either of you elaborate for me please? I'm a bit dumb.

I don't have one, but it sounds like you could just hold it above you and clickspam to fly.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

You can teleport repeatedly, for no mana cost, anywhere on the screen your character fits. So if you wanted to get to the top of the map, all you have to do is teleport to the top of your screen over and over. You'll fall a small distance between the teleports, but it's not nearly enough to prevent you from gaining altitude (provided you don't run at like 800x600 or something, I guess). You can similarly use this to rapidly travel across the overworld by teleporting to the top right/top left over and over, it's even faster than running on asphalt with lightning boots AFAIK.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Despoiler posted:

What boss should I attempt first in hardmode? I've been destroying altars and mining a lot.. i almost have a full set of titanium armor. Are there any other good items I should try and find? not sure what i'm supposed to do now. i fought skeleton prime and he wiped the floor with me

The Destroyer is the easiest hardmode boss. Make some mechanical worms (rotten chunks/vertebrae, iron bars and souls of night) then kill him a few times and make some hallowed gear. Then go take on the jungle, then the dungeon. A great help to me at least was purchasing the Mushroom Spear. You can just straight up buy it from the shroom NPC and its really strong and especially good for taking on the Destroyer.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

A decent mid-level gun (clockwork assault rifle is a good start), gobs of cursed/crystal bullets, lightning boots, and a long sky runway make the twins pretty easy. Just continuously run backwards and shoot them. With the lightning boots they should basically never catch up.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Read posted:

You can teleport repeatedly, for no mana cost, anywhere on the screen your character fits. So if you wanted to get to the top of the map, all you have to do is teleport to the top of your screen over and over. You'll fall a small distance between the teleports, but it's not nearly enough to prevent you from gaining altitude (provided you don't run at like 800x600 or something, I guess). You can similarly use this to rapidly travel across the overworld by teleporting to the top right/top left over and over, it's even faster than running on asphalt with lightning boots AFAIK.

Haha, gently caress me that's amazing, I assumed that it would have to be clicked on to a surface. Best rod ever.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

If you make a Drax/Picksaw you can mine chlorophyte in the jungle, so I'd suggest making that your first order of business after killing the destroyer. Also the rainbow gun is hilarious against him, so much damage!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

No Safe Word posted:

A decent mid-level gun (clockwork assault rifle is a good start), gobs of cursed/crystal bullets, lightning boots, and a long sky runway make the twins pretty easy. Just continuously run backwards and shoot them. With the lightning boots they should basically never catch up.

That's how I dispatched the Twins as my first HM boss, but with Crystal Storm instead of a gun. Careful use of wings flight just barely let me dodge Spazmatism's crazy-rear end charges.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I really didn't want to build a highway for that fight and I found that just flying/falling and moving in a circle over and over with wings+lightning boots was enough to keep away from them in a regular arena. They did kill me a bunch until I got the pattern down though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Apparently the golden shower can easily do several thousand damage per second to the Destroyer. Guess I didn't need to setup a corridor of death using the jungle temple traps.

I really hope the real 'end boss' is some 500k HP ultra beast because unless it is, or it just one-shots people, I'm not sure how it'll give a challenge unless they just nerf everything else in to the floor.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Evil Fluffy posted:

Apparently the golden shower can easily do several thousand damage per second to the Destroyer. Guess I didn't need to setup a corridor of death using the jungle temple traps.

I really hope the real 'end boss' is some 500k HP ultra beast because unless it is, or it just one-shots people, I'm not sure how it'll give a challenge unless they just nerf everything else in to the floor.

Yeah Golden Shower completely chumps the Destroyer. That spell is so loving good - I carry it around in my ranged build because a quick spritz makes my explosive-ammo megashark do much more damage for a bit.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Has anyone tested the interaction if 5 people all wear paladin shields all on the same team? Person 1 takes 100 points of dmg. 25% of this goes to players 2-5, and that 25 dmg is then reduced by DEF. Player 1 takes 1 dmg (you can't take 0 dmg) and so does every other player. Functional invincibility, not that you really need it w/ 5 players.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Angry Diplomat posted:

Yeah Golden Shower completely chumps the Destroyer. That spell is so loving good - I carry it around in my ranged build because a quick spritz makes my explosive-ammo megashark do much more damage for a bit.

I'm curious if the defense-reducing effects stack on The Destroyer, because each individual segment you hit gets off-colored like normal.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I don't think it "stacks" so much as since each segment takes damage separately, (although contributes to the same hp pool) each segment can be individually debuffed. Sometimes in my arena the destroyer will spawn above ground, clumped up in a ball and if I run over with a chloro spear + ichor potion it dies in like five seconds since all the segments are getting debuffed and hit.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

voltron lion force posted:

I don't think it "stacks" so much as since each segment takes damage separately, (although contributes to the same hp pool) each segment can be individually debuffed. Sometimes in my arena the destroyer will spawn above ground, clumped up in a ball and if I run over with a chloro spear + ichor potion it dies in like five seconds since all the segments are getting debuffed and hit.

That'S always the best thing whenever it happens and you have a piercing weapon, especially with the Golden Shower, since you can pretty much hit it for like half it's hp in damage in the 5 seconds or so it takes to untangle itself. :black101:

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.

Read posted:

Does the Rifle Scope work with the Rod?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Esposito posted:

Does the Rifle Scope work with the Rod?

Just tried it and no :(

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Theoretically if you tore down every natural wall in the game and replaced it with your own, would it stop 99% of enemies from spawning?

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

One of the Terraria wikis says that you can make a Corruption biome in a Crimson world but not the other way around.

I transplanted a crimson biome into my main map that has corruption.
Tossed down about 400 Crimsand on the surface and watched as it started to spread to the nearby grass.
(then I built a temple on it)

\/\/\/\/ Edit: Yes.

Ssthalar fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 15, 2013

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Ssthalar posted:

I transplanted a crimson biome into my main map that has corruption.
Tossed down about 400 Crimsand on the surface and watched as it started to spread to the nearby grass.
(then I built a temple on it)

Was this in hard mode?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

In hardmode, crimstone and ebonstone will spread crimson/corruption, so you can transplant either biome into the other's world.
Before that, though, only crimson or corrupted grass will spread. Corrupted seeds exist, crimson seeds don't, so you can only do it one-way before the wall of flesh.

Similarly, there is no Crimson equivalent of Unholy Water, although Holy Water works on Crimson. The Clentaminator is much easier for biome-fixing now, though.

Speaking of the wall of flesh, there's no need for a highway, ever. Water walking potions let you walk on lava, even without obsidian skin. That with an ivy whip and rocket boots and you're all set; hell isn't too hard to navigate. Might want to be prepared to mine through the taller buildings though.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 15, 2013

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Do note that it seems killing Plantera slows the spread of hallow/corruption/crimson. We've killed it several times in our world so there's basically zero natural spread. We have to use the Clentaminator if we want to modify any of those biomes.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

MR. J posted:

Do note that it seems killing Plantera slows the spread of hallow/corruption/crimson. We've killed it several times in our world so there's basically zero natural spread. We have to use the Clentaminator if we want to modify any of those biomes.

It can't be overstated that the Clentaminator works incredibly quickly. In just a few seconds we had a large section of caves converted into underground Hallow. This was only necessary because we got such a tiny patch of Hallow to begin with! :argh:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Full pygmy is hilarious even in the hardmode jungle. Just keep summoning them on top of whatever you want to kill, and it's like guilt-free pikmin or something. The knockback tends to be enough to keep most things under control, and 6 little spears adds up to a lot.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I'm kind of sad that Hamdrax was 'nerfed' to just Drax. Hamdrax is fun to say. More fun than Drax. And now I'll never get to wield one.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Keiya posted:

I'm kind of sad that Hamdrax was 'nerfed' to just Drax. Hamdrax is fun to say. More fun than Drax. And now I'll never get to wield one.
I thought Hamdrax sounded like some kind of hillbilly name, so I'm okay with Drax sounding like something out of a Castlevania game from the late 90s.

I'm also okay with not having it accidentally eqiupped and nuking a giant chunk of my houses when I place an item.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Is there a reason to keep my rainbow rod and magic harp after I picked up an inferno fork and magnet sphere? They just totally eclipse the "good" 1.1 magic weapons. They also make farming in the hardmode dungeon a cakewalk. I made like 3 plat in half an hour of killing hell skeletons while watching my stories on the other monitor

Read
Dec 21, 2010

padijun posted:

Is there a reason to keep my rainbow rod and magic harp after I picked up an inferno fork and magnet sphere? They just totally eclipse the "good" 1.1 magic weapons. They also make farming in the hardmode dungeon a cakewalk. I made like 3 plat in half an hour of killing hell skeletons while watching my stories on the other monitor

Pretty much every 1.1 item is trash now, I wouldn't bother keeping them.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Cyberventurer posted:

I beat the real final boss and now I have a lil' buddy. He likes to spin. :toot:

How'd you kill him?

I doubt it'd be remotely in my skillset but I'm still curious.

e: I love the skeletron head by the way :3:

Hummingbirds fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 15, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ugh, I wish there was a easier way to tell Titanium and Iron/Silver apart.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

No Safe Word posted:

Hey, thanks! I finally killed them and I don't think I lost more than 50 hp the whole time. This is an excellent method. I think the lightning boots really make a difference!

Might have also helped that I'm now to 90 defense. I can pretty much ignore smaller enemies and my star veil will take care of them.

Gonna go craft my fairy bell now! :neckbeard:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

So I managed to craft myself some tungstein tools, but I don't know how to advance further now. What should I try to find after that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Kyrosiris posted:

It annoys me to a significant degree that I now have four Bone Feathers but no Wisp in a Bottle or Magnet Sphere. :argh:

I've gotten every dungeon drop a few times over now except not a single wisp in a bottle or sniper rifle. These loving droprates :suicide:

They should just make stuff like that wisp craftable. 500 ectoplasm or something would be faster to farm.

• Locked thread