Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I got Y today and Wonder Traded a Burmy for a Japanese Goomy.
I also played so long I didn't notice that the sun set.
This game is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Unbound posted:

I guess you have to fight your rival in Kilhoude Town and then go somewhere to upgrade you mega ring. I wish I knew where to go for the later.

She tells you afterwards- by the sundial in anistar city

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Unbound posted:

I wish I knew where to go for the later.
Sundial.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Samael posted:

She tells you afterwards- by the sundial in anistar city

OK. I think I still have to battle my rival and in making sure started the Battle Manson.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
So after I got the mega evolution ring, I did what any sensible person would do and named the Lucario "Son Goku". Then I went back into the cave to mess around with mega evolutions, and found a female Wobbuffet that literally wears lipstick.

It's all the little things that make up a grand experience.

Rainuwastaken posted:

Might be version-specific, but I do know that the reverse of this can happen. I remember seeing a screenshot of a bunch of Sevipers atomizing a Zangoose in a horde fight.

This is absolutely the case in the Y version, which is irritating because Zangoose is my favorite 'mon and I just want all these snakes to gently caress off and let me catch one.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I also would like to know where the coupon is for PokePrada

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Specto posted:

Noivern gets Moonblast through the relearner, along with Boomburst, Hurricane, and Dragon pulse

Or you could do what I do and manually level a Noibat from level 1, evolve it, level it all the way to 70 and get Dragon Pulse. It's first Dragon-type attack.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

SBJ posted:

I also would like to know where the coupon is for PokePrada
I think it's probably a coupon for all boutiques, as I'm sure someone in gym 2 town mentions it or a discount as well.

No idea where it is or if it even exists though.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Dan Didio posted:

Or you could do what I do and manually level a Noibat from level 1, evolve it, level it all the way to 70 and get Dragon Pulse. It's first Dragon-type attack.

If I wanted Dragon Pulse, it would be easier to farm the luvdiscs on route 8 for heart scales to use on the move relearner with a pokemon that has Thief and can one-shot the fish.

Of course, I don't even have a noibat yet so it's a non-issue.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
I don't get how I'm meant to encounter Zapdos another bunch of times after the first 2 times, he keeps moving locations in the pokedex before I can walk or fly there.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

So Restaurant Le Wow's dining costs 100,000p, yeah?

All the pokemon are Lvl60+ in the battle - so don't try to do it as soon as you have the money - and you get 2000exp (unboosted) per battle win! My level 77 Blaziken became level 80 from playing through it once.

You get 35,000p for winning the courses. Your reward for finishing the dinner? 24 Balm Mushrooms, that sell in the pokemart for 150,000p. I'll try it with an Amulet Coin equipped tomorrow!

Suddenly the boutique is chump change. Crazy farming spot right here.

Ernie. fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Oct 15, 2013

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Captain Matchbox posted:

I don't get how I'm meant to encounter Zapdos another bunch of times after the first 2 times, he keeps moving locations in the pokedex before I can walk or fly there.

I fly to a town, then check my dex. If they are within 1 route, I go for it. Otherwise I just leave the town and fly back. I've ran into Articuno somewhere around 9 times.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Alkydere posted:

If I wanted Dragon Pulse, it would be easier to farm the luvdiscs on route 8 for heart scales to use on the move relearner with a pokemon that has Thief and can one-shot the fish.

Of course, I don't even have a noibat yet so it's a non-issue.

Oh, it would absolutely be easier, I was just saying, I had no idea you could 'remember' it before it had actually first learnt it. I wish I had.

Speaking of Noibats, there seems to be enough want for them that I might start breeding a couple and throwing them out there.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
"You'll be friends forever with Goomy!" :kimchi: A rather large one on a list of many reasons why Gamefreak really outdid themselves this generation. Between exp for catching, Wonder Trade, Super Training, and Amie I've played 30 hours and only just beaten the 5th gym.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Where can I get a dusk stone for Duoblade?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

Suddenly the boutique is chump change. Crazy farming spot right here.

:3:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You should have got the Diggersby to turn around first!

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
So when doing single normal rule battles, am I missing something or why do people only send out a few pokemon instead of a full party? Is there some sort of pokemon honour code I am missing or are they jsut messing around?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Zetsubou posted:

So when doing single normal rule battles, am I missing something or why do people only send out a few pokemon instead of a full party? Is there some sort of pokemon honour code I am missing or are they jsut messing around?

I don't think they know. I didn't my first go in.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

So the battle maison- First 10 rounds get 1 BP, 10-19 get 2 BP and then you fight the "Battle Chatelaine" of that group, mine was Nina for single battles.

Who uses loving hypnosis on all my 3 pokemon and annhilates me without letting off one move. gently caress you game, gently caress you.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Bruceski posted:

If Mother holds an Everstone, child has a 50% chance of inheriting her nature. Otherwise it's random.

Slapped an everstone on my male Pancham while breeding with my female pancham and had a 100 percent rate of the father's nature (Adamant) So I'm pretty sure either that's new or they've changed the way it works.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

If you pet Cubone's bone it cries :(

snowballdragon
Dec 25, 2011

And this, is a level beyond a Super Saiyan
Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone have any clues on where to find Shuppet/Banette?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Zetsubou posted:

I only sent out three pokemon my first time, since I figured it worked like it did in the past. I was very pleasantly surprised when my opponent steamrolled me with his team of six.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
What's a good nature for Skrelp / Dragalge? Attack or Special boosting?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Zetsubou posted:

Most people are under the mistaken assumption that battles are 3 on 3 because sometimes (I forget what rule it is) it is.

The fact 3 on 3 is a tourney default really doesn't help matters as it's sort of been ingrained into things.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

So I got 1126 and 5 stars on the unlimited version of head it and I got 2 of another tier of pokepuff. I gave that plus a few of the other pokepuffs and its 2 hearts already :stare:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Dammit I'm trying to get all five known colors of Flabebe but I can't find that white one no matter how hard I look. :argh:

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Bruceski posted:

If Mother holds an Everstone, child has a 50% chance of inheriting her nature. Otherwise it's random.

Hasn't this been 100% since Gen 5? And with either gender as long as only one of the pokes is holding an everstone i believe.

I know it is now since i'm only getting one nature from my breeding project.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

CuddlyZombie posted:

I don't know about higher shiny rates or anything, but in previous gens, the chances of encountering two subsequent shinies is 1 in 67,108,864.

You know those people who you can tip after they play music or sing or something? I heard that tipping them helps increase the rate of shinies :tinfoil:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Pyrotoad posted:

You know those people who you can tip after they play music or sing or something? I heard that tipping them helps increase the rate of shinies :tinfoil:

My tendency to mash 'a' to get through texts has made me accidentally become a terrible tipper. Sorry poke-people :(

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Man, I feel so awful for beating my rival in this game. She's so helpful and I feel like I'm crushing her spirit.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Given that tipping is an insult to the French because you're implying the waitstaff aren't paid well enough (they are) I'm surprised tipping doesn't LOWER the shiny rate.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Anyone who doesn't tip the dog is a monster. :colbert:

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."
Sorry if this has been asked to death, but beyond the light scattering of version exclusive Pokémon (I'm going by Serebii's listing, and have no idea how accurate it is) and the Mega forms of Charizard and Mewtwo, is there much in the way of version differences?

The aesthetic changes between Black and White were really cool, and it would be great if something similar was in this.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Just wonder traded for a graveler, which evolved into golem, which I WTed for a sandslash, then a Japanese noibat, then a Japanese bulbasaur. God drat.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009
So apparently in the post game, you can get the rest of the Kanto-ites from the Lumiose rock store guy. His stock is supposed to change every 3 days. Can anyone confirm this?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

How do you get into the sushi high roller restaurant?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Lloyd Boner posted:

Anyone know if you can breed rock blast onto Heracross to abuse with skill link? Move relearner can give it bullet seed and hammer arm, though hammer arm is only 15 BP and it picks up pin missile in its late 20s or 30s.
To follow up on this, you can :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, diagonal movement takes the ice sliding puzzles and snaps them in half. :getin:

• Locked thread