Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Kuhmondo posted:

So apparently in the post game, you can get the rest of the Kanto-ites from the Lumiose rock store guy. His stock is supposed to change every 3 days. Can anyone confirm this?

I bought Charizard's Megastone for 150k, then immediately afterwards bought Blastoise's for 150k. And that's it, he now no longer offers anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Caught Goomy this evening. His PokeDex entry is the most :unsmith: thing ever. Straight up calling him "the weakest Dragon Pokemon" :unsmith:

Kuhmondo posted:

So apparently in the post game, you can get the rest of the Kanto-ites from the Lumiose rock store guy. His stock is supposed to change every 3 days. Can anyone confirm this?

Not even post-game, he offers them as soon as your stroll into the store. Price seems to vary though. Pretty sure he wanted a million the first time I talked to him but it's at 500k now.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Box of Bunnies posted:

Caught Goomy this evening. His PokeDex entry is the most :unsmith: thing ever. Straight up calling him "the weakest Dragon Pokemon" :unsmith:

Not even post-game, he offers them as soon as your stroll into the store. Price seems to vary though. Pretty sure he wanted a million the first time I talked to him but it's at 500k now.

It gets cheaper with every badge you have from what I've heard in this thread.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Oct 15, 2013

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Man, I feel so awful for beating my rival in this game. She's so helpful and I feel like I'm crushing her spirit.

Callem is just so hilariously ineffectual. Like at the Ball Factory. "Don't worry, neighbor, you're not alone! :byodood:" and then the Flare dudes gang up on his poor Taunted Meowstic while my Gardevoir sweeps them up no :effort:

At least you try, buddy. You're just really bad at this thing. :shobon:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Does Floette ever learn any decent moves? It's level 28 and the best STAB move it knows is friggin Fairy Wind

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Where does Professor Sycamore want to meet you after you beat the Elite 4? I must have missed it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Meis posted:

Does Floette ever learn any decent moves? It's level 28 and the best STAB move it knows is friggin Fairy Wind

I don't have a Floette but I think it's the 5th Gym that uses Fairy type and you get a pretty decent TM from that. (Dazzling Gleam, it's got 80 attack power) Sylveon has two awesome Fairy moves called Draining Kiss and Moonblast, I'm guessing Floette learns at least one of those at some point?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Kikas posted:

It gets cheaper with every badge you have from what I've heard in this thread.

Well I have all 8 badges and it's 300k for me...

And for professor sycamore's location he's at the luminose train station. You can re-watch the recordings, by the way.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hooray, Snover can finally have his proper name, Moomintroll! :toot:

edit: Sneasel has the best pose, holy poo poo.

People can probably guess where I just got to.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Oct 15, 2013

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

So the Battle Maison doesn't have online play does it?
From what the description for Multi Battles says it seems like there would be, but if i go there it only offers Infrared connection.

Why don't you make online battle facilities anymore, Game Freak. :(

Flossie
Nov 8, 2008
On the one hand I'm thrilled that males with hidden ability + ditto are now yielding hidden abliity children.

But on the other hand... all that time I spent on the DW searching for females. :negative:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't have a Floette but I think it's the 5th Gym that uses Fairy type and you get a pretty decent TM from that. (Dazzling Gleam, it's got 80 attack power) Sylveon has two awesome Fairy moves called Draining Kiss and Moonblast, I'm guessing Floette learns at least one of those at some point?

I'm gonna stick with it. I believe in my pokémon! :buddy:

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Samael posted:

Well I have all 8 badges and it's 300k for me...

And for professor sycamore's location he's at the luminose train station. You can re-watch the recordings, by the way.

It wasn't a recording for me and definitely wasn't saved in the Holo Caster, but cheers!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Holy poo poo if you spin the thumbstick you can do a pirouette with your skates.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

So Serebii just updated and apparently you can hit objects in the background with your attacks during battles and get items, that's goddamn amazing.

LeafyOrb fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 15, 2013

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Flossie posted:

On the one hand I'm thrilled that males with hidden ability + ditto are now yielding hidden abliity children.

But on the other hand... all that time I spent on the DW searching for females. :negative:

Wait...this works? What about Torchick?

Okkusenman
Oct 31, 2010

this is me irl lmao and im gay. a gay man
This question probably has already been answered.

But I've searched the whole Kalos Region trying to find out how to ride a Gogoat/Skiddo.

Please help this fool out who clearly must have missed something

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Help Im Alive posted:

Floette does indeed learn Moonblast in the mid-40s. Mine had it before I got to the 6th gym, which is the Fairy one, making the TM pretty much useless for her though I've felt pretty overleveled throughout the game.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
God drat that ending.

POKEMON GAMES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO MAKE ME FEEL

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

fariz posted:

Wait...this works? What about Torchick?

He's the test case, I've bred a dozen of the little guys with speed boost.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sorry if this was asked but heard that Mareep are on the same route you get Lapras (as well as the mega evolution) but I've been here for like half a hour and haven't seen a single sheep. Am I supposed to surf and check out the other side or are they a version exclusive and I didn't realize it?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Help Im Alive posted:

Floette learns Moonblast if you can get it to level 46 without evolving it to Florges. If you're willing to hold out until 51, it also gets Petal Dance, which is Grass-type but also awesome. It's a late bloomer (so to speak) but if anything it probably ends up even more powerful than Sylveon.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sorry if this was asked but heard that Mareep are on the same route you get Lapras (as well as the mega evolution) but I've been here for like half a hour and haven't seen a single sheep. Am I supposed to surf and check out the other side or are they a version exclusive and I didn't realize it?

To my knowledge they are horde only and kinda rare at that, keep searching or use honey or sweet scent.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pokemon amie and xp-all almost feels game breaking. I just got past the fairy gym and all my 'mons are like level 50. I almost stopped using my starter entirely after it turned into Braixen and it was managing to still get tons of levels because of the 50% boost from max affection. I'm still barely using it since it turned into Delphox because it pretty much kills anything it looks at. I imagine the +sp Atk nature and EV training has something to do with that.

I feel kind of underwhelmed by Aegislash. Maybe I need to use him some more but prior to evolving my Doublade had high attack and high defense, but as Aegislash it feels like he gets one or the other depending on stance and his speed pretty much hasn't improved at all.

Also, what EVs would be good for Sylveon, Sp. Atk & Speed?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Christ, Mega Mawile is a beast :stare: 233 attack at level 70 + Huge Power makes him OHKO practically everything so far.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Okkusenman posted:

This question probably has already been answered.

But I've searched the whole Kalos Region trying to find out how to ride a Gogoat/Skiddo.

Please help this fool out who clearly must have missed something

There's a ranch with Skiddos if you keep going right from the town with the tower of mastery, I think.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

LeafyOrb posted:

He's the test case, I've bred a dozen of the little guys with speed boost.

Mother of God...

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Have you tried using a honey to attract a horde? I think someone said that they were a group earlier in the thread.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

FedoraDefender420 posted:

Have you tried using a honey to attract a horde? I think someone said that they were a group earlier in the thread.

Yeah used a ton of it and got attacked by nothing but Wingulls.

My luck is awful apparently

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Oxyclean posted:

I feel kind of underwhelmed by Aegislash. Maybe I need to use him some more but prior to evolving my Doublade had high attack and high defense, but as Aegislash it feels like he gets one or the other depending on stance and his speed pretty much hasn't improved at all.

It seems like the way you're supposed to use Aegislash is to alternate between attacking and using King's Shield, so that most of the hits you take will be in Shield Stance. In practice it's sort of an annoying waste of turns and PP to do this outside of serious fights, but then again in practice you can one-shot most things outside of serious fights anyway.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
EXP Share splits EVs as well. I didn't know that and now a couple mons have some unwanted EVs.

I started experimenting with Mulch. I don't know if cross-breeding still exists in this game, but you can definitely grow EV berries with Mulch.
Here's what I've found:

Using one type of berry gets you Suprise Mulch. It seems add a chance to additionally grow different berries, though I don't think it's randomly picked; for instance, Chesto Berries seem to always mutate into Kelpsy Berries. It looks like you can only get one mutated berry per tree, though.
Using two types of berries gets you Boost Mulch. I haven't seen the effects yet, but I imagine it speeds up the tree growth by one day.
Using three types of berries gets you Rich Mulch. Again, I don't know he effects, but I'm guessing it gets you more berries per tree.

It doesn't matter what berries you use to make Mulch, the only thing that matters is how many different types of berries you use.

Edit: Turns out mutations are created by crossbreeding after all, so I don't know what suprise mulch does. However, once you manage to get a mutation, a scientist will show up and record all crossbreeding combinations for you.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 15, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I see it's not possible to give Encounter Power to people. I can guess why. But drat that would be funny to inflict on random people.

Phreizr
Nov 1, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Aegislash always switches to offensive stance when attacking, which means he always has high attacking stats when it counts. In other words, his defense is the only thing you really need to watch, and in Aegislash's case, going last can be beneficial since it reduces the odds of a particularly tough enemy getting off a counterattack while he's in his offensive stance. It's pretty easy to switch back to the defensive stance before the enemy can hit you either by using King's Shield (basically Protect but better so it has priority) or by switching out (as long as you're sure the enemy isn't going to use Pursuit).

That said there's definitely a case for just slapping an Eviolite on a Doublade and ignoring all that stuff. I'm not really good enough at Pokemon to say one or the other is objectively better, and in the end it might come down to preference.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Is there any where I can find a Dratini? He was my go-to HM dude since BW.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
The censorship is getting out of hand. I can't even name one of my guys Violet without triggering the message.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Meat Recital posted:

Is there any where I can find a Dratini? He was my go-to HM dude since BW.

He's right at the end of the Kalos dex, just before Xerneas and Yveltal. You can get Dragonairs on Route 21 by fishing with a Super Rod.

Geostomp posted:

The censorship is getting out of hand. I can't even name one of my guys Violet without triggering the message.

I couldn't name my Camerupt Humpy. I mean, I know why, but come on Game Freak, the word hump has featured in its Pokédex entries.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

Which building. I need to see this.

She appears in one of the outer ring office buildings on the north side of the city on floor 2. You know it's the right building when the receptionist says she doesn't know what the building is for.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Holy moly, did they buff Quick Balls or something? So far they worked on everything bar Xernas :psyduck:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
When would be the best time to evolve a Doublade? I don't want mine to miss out on any moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Aww man not having 3D for the psychic gym is a waste! It's look so awesome with it on!

• Locked thread