Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

FauxGateau posted:

Have any of you people gotten an ability capsule yet? And moreso have you tested it on pokemon with hidden abilities? I'm still wondering about whether or not it's going to be too much of a hassle or not.

I got one, then reset when I found out it's a one use item. Trying to use it on my Goodra with its Hidden Ability did nothing, same with my starter. For it to work, the Pokémon must have two normal abilities, and it switches it between them.

Use your BP on the TMs and cool battle items instead.

Internet Kraken posted:

So anyone know how high O powers can go? Been spamming capture power 3 for a long time and it hasn't gone up.

Level 3 is as high as they can go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nakar posted:

Color coordination is the most difficult part of the outfits for me. The colors each boutique sells appear to be on rotation, so keep checking them. I managed to assemble an outfit that's pretty much entirely brown-and-black and it actually looks really nice, but it's a pain.

Some of the classy male outfits at the Lumiose boutique look pretty slick though, if you have hundreds of thousands of pokedollars to blow on clothes.

I've been putting together outfits that make sense for the climate; in Eastern Kalos, I wear a trench coat or a coat dress with big boots and socks, for Western Kalos a parka and shorts, and for Central whatever I think looks neat. :3:

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Kikas posted:

Okay, so I am afraid of the "save corrupted" bug so answer me this - does it just happen if I try to reload in Lumiose City, or if I saved there EVER? Because I've been too scared of putting my 25 game hours to waste so I just keep closing my 3DS and plugging it into the charger whenever it's neccessary.

Apparently it happens as you save if you're outside in Lumiose City, if your game is working you should be fine, the freeze occurs during the save then when you reload after that. Just avoid saving there.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Kikas posted:

Okay, so I am afraid of the "save corrupted" bug so answer me this - does it just happen if I try to reload in Lumiose City, or if I saved there EVER? Because I've been too scared of putting my 25 game hours to waste so I just keep closing my 3DS and plugging it into the charger whenever it's neccessary.

Edit: And Quick Balls still work on the first try even in Victory Road :psyduck:

From what I've seen, it's people reloading in Lumiose City; the city is so huge that the game can't handle it or something.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Jesus christ NOW where do I go? I just finished the psychic gym and got the message from the Team Flare guy about wanting to kill everyone who isn't part of Team Flare and now... what? I swear Pokemon is the worst at telling you where you need to go next sometimes, especially if you have to walk away from the game for a little bit

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also Golurk may well be one of my favourite Gen V'ers now that I've had a chance to actually use one in person. Mine knows four different ways to punch a motherfucker.

I'm a huge fan of the Honedge line. Partly because it's a bitchin ghost sword, partly because I gave him the Metronome to hold, so now every attack is Fury Cutter. It's like having rollout in four different Types :getin:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Jesus christ NOW where do I go? I just finished the psychic gym and got the message from the Team Flare guy about wanting to kill everyone who isn't part of Team Flare and now... what? I swear Pokemon is the worst at telling you where you need to go next sometimes, especially if you have to walk away from the game for a little bit

Seriously? I just did that and what your rival says makes it obvious. There are even two Flare dudes right next to the gym who straight up tell you.

Their café in Lumiose.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Terper posted:

Seriously? I just did that and what your rival says makes it obvious. There are even two Flare dudes right next to the gym who straight up tell you.

Their café in Lumiose.

I didn't think to fight the Team Flare guys when I went there :saddowns:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I don't think I'll bother with crossbreeding berries until there's a guide out for it. Meanwhile I'll continue dedicating half the plot to increasing my vast amount of oran berries. Gotta top off my mons :munch:

Unrelated to berry eating. Has anyone found the mushroom/star piece collector in the game?

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 15, 2013

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Dastardly posted:

Unrelated to berry eating. Has anyone found the mushroom/star piece collector in the game?

The Star Piece dude is in Lumiose SOMEwhere, the place is so big it's hard for me to recall where anyone or anything is. :saddowns:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Zahki posted:

Picking the male character biggest mistake ever. Seriously why are all his clothing options so poo poo when the female character gets a variety of awesome outfits.

I think I've put more money into building up a wardrobe for my character than I have anything else in this game. Fancy frilly lacey whatever, you name it I buy it. You gotta dress better than the rest if you want be the best, like no one ever was. :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LightningKimba posted:

The Star Piece dude is in Lumiose SOMEwhere, the place is so big it's hard for me to recall where anyone or anything is. :saddowns:

Lumiose really should have had that highlighted street that appears in the corner of the screen after transitions stay up all the time. It's really easy to get lost in that city.

HoneyBoy posted:

I think I've put more money into building up a wardrobe for my character than I have anything else in this game. Fancy frilly lacey whatever, you name it I buy it. You gotta dress better than the rest if you want be the best, like no one ever was. :colbert:

I'm hoping that somewhere, buried in all the stores, is a classic Pokemon League Cap.

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

Can someone please tell me... when can I get Fly?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ebenezer posted:

Can someone please tell me... when can I get Fly?
After the third Gym is when you get the HM, I dunno when you get the badge to use it.

Probably at the same time?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Harlock posted:

After the third Gym is when you get the HM, I dunno when you get the badge to use it.

Probably at the same time?

You get it in the town with the fourth gym, right as you gain access to said gym.

edit: That cutscene with "He was given a tiny coffin" during the big showdown against Team Flare was a hell of a thing :smith:.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 15, 2013

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH
So I started yesterday, and my game has come to a grinding halt at Route 3. I want an Azurill with Huge Power, but I guess either there's a Pikachu swarm or they are just way more common on this route than the area right before it, because 9 out of every 10 fights is a Pikachu. I'm assuming the former, because Pidgey is about as rare as Azurill.

I did get a Dunsparce, somehow. So there's that.

E: vvvvv

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you have a Pikachu in your party, Static attracts more wild ones to you.

:doh:

I always forget the out of field effects for abilities. I even spent time catching this one in Satalune Forest because I figured it was rare.

Complexcalibur fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 15, 2013

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

"Your tiny floating keychain uses Dazzling Gleam"
"Opponent's Pokemon straight up falls over dead in one hit"

Eat it, Team Flare :c00lbert:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Has anyone posted the different Pokemon tables for day/night cycles? Where I was finding Nidorans/evolved forms, at night, the encounter was always a Staravia.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Complexcalibur posted:

So I started yesterday, and my game has come to a grinding halt at Route 3. I want an Azurill with Huge Power, but I guess either there's a Pikachu swarm or they are just way more common on this route than the area right before it, because 9 out of every 10 fights is a Pikachu. I'm assuming the former, because Pidgey is about as rare as Azurill.

I did get a Dunsparce, somehow. So there's that.

If you have a Pikachu in your party, Static attracts more wild ones to you.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

edit: That cutscene with "He was given a tiny coffin" during the big showdown against Team Flare was a hell of a thing :smith:.

Oh, I just did that bit. :(

Still, it cheered me up that I could get a photograph standing in front of the "Ultimate Weapon", looking bored.

Yveltal's signature attack rules. A big gently caress-off laser? Yes please. Seems odd it isn't Dark to take advantage of the Ability though.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
Just got a calm contrary shuckle with nearly perfect HP/def/spdef IVs in the friend safari :getin:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Oh god, Jynx in 3d :stonk:

The way your maxed Amie friends awkwardly turn around to glance at you when they do good always reminds me of this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is it true that if I have a pokemon out that is going up against a wild pokemon that is a significantly lower level, I can just throw a pokeball out right away to capture it, even if its at full health?

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
I am a giant child who wants to buy the new Pokemon game. What are the differences between X and Y, and should I wait for Z?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Is it true that if I have a pokemon out that is going up against a wild pokemon that is a significantly lower level, I can just throw a pokeball out right away to capture it, even if its at full health?

I mean, you can, but it still probably won't work unless it is a quick ball.

cutie
Oct 22, 2010
Are wild Chansey and Porygons in this game? Where can I find some?

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

The differences between X and Y are inconsequential (decide whether you like Xerneas or Yveltal more, then buy that) and waiting for Z won't get you much considering a) it might turn out to be X' and Y' and thus entirely different and b) any differences it has to X and Y will also be mostly inconsequential.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Can Chesnaught learn Gyro Ball? It'd be a nice way to patch up his big, glaring "please wall me with a Fairy-type" problem. Still leaves the "Oh poo poo a Haunter" problem, though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Crosscontaminant posted:

The differences between X and Y are inconsequential (decide whether you like Xerneas or Yveltal more, then buy that) and waiting for Z won't get you much considering a) it might turn out to be X' and Y' and thus entirely different and b) any differences it has to X and Y will also be mostly inconsequential.

The only difference in Z will be that you don't need to wear a hat, and everyone in this thread will buy it.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

So I just beat the game and am kinda disappointed with how few new guys I managed to run into. I'm gonna go hunting for them now, but I never saw any wild Pancham, Dedenne, Noibat, Pumpkaboo, Swirlix, Furfrou or the baby ghost tree.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

The Leper Colon V posted:

Can Chesnaught learn Gyro Ball? It'd be a nice way to patch up his big, glaring "please wall me with a Fairy-type" problem. Still leaves the "Oh poo poo a Haunter" problem, though.
Having both Vivillon and Blaziken in the party when the rival trainer has Chesnaught just makes all fights against the poor guy/gal sad. Hurricane or Brave Bird, pick whatever one-shots you ol' Chessie ol' pal.

With Mega Blaziken I don't think I've ever seen a health bar that full go down that fast.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

The Leper Colon V posted:

Yes it can.

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer
Everything about YVeltal is the most metal thing ever. Especially its description and signature move: DOOM POKEMON: Every 1000 years, it drains the life of everything. The move is OBLIVION WING: Drains the life of the Pokemon it hits. I named him Ozzy. :3:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Haha, just traded a Gulpin for a Drapion, wonder trades are the best idea Gamefreak ever had

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

J Detan posted:

Everything about YVeltal is the most metal thing ever. Especially its description and signature move: DOOM POKEMON: Every 1000 years, it drains the life of everything. The move is OBLIVION WING: Drains the life of the Pokemon it hits. I named him Ozzy. :3:
He's pretty cool-looking and his signature move is absolutely amazing, but otherwise he feels pretty lackluster. It's mostly his lack of move variety, and it doesn't help that Dark took a bit of a balance shellacking this gen.

I need to acquire more TMs though to say for sure, but what I have right now doesn't seem too impressive as he can't learn any of it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dastardly posted:

The way your maxed Amie friends awkwardly turn around to glance at you when they do good always reminds me of this.

I'm still raising my Blastoise's affection up, but got a chuckle from opening up Pokemon-Amie to find him leaning in from the side of the screen close-up in a goofy little "Hello!" way.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
After finishing the game I got the pokeradar at the lab then took the train to the place with the safari and the battle mansion, what do I do now?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Livingtrope posted:

Haha, just traded a Gulpin for a Drapion, wonder trades are the best idea Gamefreak ever had

A couple of minutes ago I wonder traded a Haunter and got a Bunnelby

pixfix
Nov 4, 2010

GET IN THE BIN
So I am trying out breeding. I got a few dittos. I put a male helioptile with a ditto and also tried a male venosaur with a ditto and both times the old man says they don't like eachother very much. What am I doing wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

pixfix posted:

So I am trying out breeding. I got a few dittos. I put a male helioptile with a ditto and also tried a male venosaur with a ditto and both times the old man says they don't like eachother very much. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. That's the message you get for two Pokemon that are compatible, but are of different species and have the same original trainer. They'll breed, it just might take a while.

• Locked thread