Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Did they increase the egg spawn rate since gen 3? Because it feels crazy high.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm still raising my Blastoise's affection up, but got a chuckle from opening up Pokemon-Amie to find him leaning in from the side of the screen close-up in a goofy little "Hello!" way.

It's hilarious when Hawlucha does it. His permanent frown and uptight stance make him look like someone's playing with a Hawlucha-figurine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

horriblePencilist posted:

Did they increase the egg spawn rate since gen 3? Because it feels crazy high.
I seem to recall they changed it from checking once every 256 steps to once every step.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

A couple of minutes ago I wonder traded a Haunter and got a Bunnelby

Drapion is now an Ariados. I swear, the japanese are insanely nice when it comes to wonder trading.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Terper posted:

The only difference in Z will be that you don't need to wear a hat, and everyone in this thread will buy it.

Yeah you know even if they don't, they will add some cool new things.. I am a person who bought ruby then emerald and diamond then platinum, so I'm pretty much just resigned to the fact that they'll release a Z version and I will buy it.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
I found a nice spot to farm Gyarados so was catching and childishly naming them all Gayestdad and trading them with nice Japanese people

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Captain Matchbox posted:

I found a nice spot to farm Gyarados so was catching and childishly naming them all Gayestdad and trading them with nice Japanese people

On the flipside of that I've been somewhat curious about the Japanese pokemon I've been picking up through the Wonder Trade, wondering just what the translation is. Is it the actual name? A clever pun? A hilariously offensive insult? I may never know :tinfoil:.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

In a couple of the boutiques there has been a rumor going around about the legendary "Discount Coupon" which gives you 50% discounts on all clothes everywhere, consequently making the Paris shop somewhat affordable. Has anyone actually got this? Or is it a terrible, horrible tease?

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
Apparently people now known Sylveon's Hidden (DW) Ability. How did they get that info?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Terper posted:

The only difference in Z will be that you don't need to wear a hat, and everyone in this thread will buy it.
I met an acquaintance who didn't have a hat, it was the best thing.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

Apparently people now known Sylveon's Hidden (DW) Ability. How did they get that info?

Getting an eevee from the friend safari and evolving it.

To expand: Friend Safari gets you Hidden Abilities sometimes.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I don't know if I'd get Z – I haven't played Pokemon since LeafGreen, so this is a huge experience for me. I'm spending hours supertraining mons, filling the dex, wondertrading, playing with amie, taking in the sights... A lot of the fun in this game is experiencing so much for the first time, even if it's been around since DPP. I'm afraid a lot of this charm would disappear when playing it the second time around, and I just wouldn't have the patience to put in the same amount of effort in this game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

On the flipside of that I've been somewhat curious about the Japanese pokemon I've been picking up through the Wonder Trade, wondering just what the translation is. Is it the actual name? A clever pun? A hilariously offensive insult? I may never know :tinfoil:.

I've gotten a Japanese Caterpie from Wonder Trade and it's name was written in Katakana as "Kyatopii" :v:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I want hard mode back so high ranking officers of a criminal organization stops using one single easy to defeat pokemon.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

Eleeleth posted:

Getting an eevee from the friend safari and evolving it.

To expand: Friend Safari gets you Hidden Abilities sometimes.

gently caress, I have no friends

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

So the birthday greetings I keep getting on my PSS were cute enough, but then I walked in the Pokemon center. It was dark, then they busted out noisemakers and wished me happy birthday, the center music changed--and has stayed unique so far all day--there's a cake on the monitor, and the Center Joy wished me happy birthday before healing my pack up. And now I get to go do that on all of my DS games--Pearl, Platinum, HG, SS, White, and White 2. It's the little things :toot:

In actual gameplay, I actually did an online battle against my bro and whoa Furfrou held her own. He accidentally threw up only three, then proceeded to take it as a chance and knocked out four of mine in a row with Rollout. (I'm a bad battler) I threw Sand Attack and Baby Doll Eyes at his Chespin and rollout started to fail. Good doggie.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

Amppelix posted:

In a couple of the boutiques there has been a rumor going around about the legendary "Discount Coupon" which gives you 50% discounts on all clothes everywhere, consequently making the Paris shop somewhat affordable. Has anyone actually got this? Or is it a terrible, horrible tease?

What I wouldn't give to know where this is.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think using the giveaway Torchic is the ultimate game breaker. I pretty much murdered everything with it and the fact it gained levels faster guaranteed even the strongest E4 members went down in a single flare blitz.

It just feels like there is something more waiting to be unlocked. Like when the Poketransfer comes out. Someone just asked about Kyurem of all Pokemon so it seems like there is going to be more content in a couple months.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

999 heading points, motherfuckers! :hellyeah:

Also I sent out a couple of Haunters on Wondertrade. Hopefully that gets them to evolve too, because I was hoping to send some Gengarbuddies round the world.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm still raising my Blastoise's affection up, but got a chuckle from opening up Pokemon-Amie to find him leaning in from the side of the screen close-up in a goofy little "Hello!" way.

Aww, mine did that today as well. :3:

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Dehry posted:

I think using the giveaway Torchic is the ultimate game breaker. I pretty much murdered everything with it and the fact it gained levels faster guaranteed even the strongest E4 members went down in a single flare blitz.

It just feels like there is something more waiting to be unlocked. Like when the Poketransfer comes out. Someone just asked about Kyurem of all Pokemon so it seems like there is going to be more content in a couple months.

We've still got two mysteriously locked power plants, a guy asking about Kyurem, another asking about Genesect, and a number of other odds and ends that may turn out to be something. I can't wait to get my hands on a guide and see what we've overlooked.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have to ask, am I the only one who really finds the gym leader music awful? I generally really love the soundtracks to pokemon games (for the most part) but the new gym theme is just so lifeless and boring. It's got no energy behind it and after B/W's awesome one (and last pokemon left) I can't help but feel down about it.

Least Xerneas has a awesome theme. I got to hear plenty of it as it wiped the floor with me

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

^^^
I don't find it awful, but I think it's nowhere as good as the last games.

When does the weather reset? I went to every town and still can't find any rain to evolve my sligoo.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 15, 2013

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

McDragon posted:

999 heading points, motherfuckers! :hellyeah:

Also I sent out a couple of Haunters on Wondertrade. Hopefully that gets them to evolve too, because I was hoping to send some Gengarbuddies round the world.

Aww, mine did that today as well. :3:

I can confirm that getting a "need to trade to evolve" 'mon in Wonder Trade does, in fact, evolve them. I traded a Durant and got a Japanese Haunter, who promptly evolved into a Gengar upon going back to the main game screen.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ahaha, Doublade just did the peek-a-boo thing. :kimchi:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have to ask, am I the only one who really finds the gym leader music awful?

I really like it in this one. I liked the B/W one as well, apart from the last pokemon bit. That bit is alright, but just not as good as the other for me.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have to ask, am I the only one who really finds the gym leader music awful? I generally really love the soundtracks to pokemon games (for the most part) but the new gym theme is just so lifeless and boring. It's got no energy behind it and after B/W's awesome one (and last pokemon left) I can't help but feel down about it.

Probably. The gym leader theme is amazing and sounds like a song out of Battle Revolution (the best Pokemon soundtrack).

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

DrManiac posted:

When does the weather reset? I went to every town and still can't find any rain to evolve my sligoo.

It does, but it seems random (someone please correct me if it's time based).

I just walked around Route 14 (I think? The one where you can catch Goomy) while doing training bag punching and it took about 40 minutes but it started raining.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Least Xerneas has a awesome theme. I got to hear plenty of it as it wiped the floor with me

The Gym Leader battle theme is probably one of my favourite songs in the game so far

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Try a Quick Ball. You'll be very surprised.

Help Im Alive posted:

The Gym Leader battle theme is probably one of my favourite songs in the game so far

That's my favourite track in the game. For anyone curious, it's Battle 4 in the music select for multiplayer.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Agreed. The leader battle music is perfect for getting pumped up. Can't wait 'til the OST gets uploaded.

VVV listen with headphones, if you can.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Guess I really am the only one then v:v:v

I dunno, it just sounds flat to me. My 3DS speakers are pretty quiet in general though so that may be why, but ah well, don't have to listen to it too much.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I had some lackluster feelings at the initial variety of mons here but I've hit Route 8 now and crap, I don't have enough space. Between my sweet panda, my Ralts, some fairy on a flower, my arbor day hedgehog and a turtle, now I have to decide between raising up the ghost sword, the fire lion or the friggin'...I dunno what, some sort of psychic cat? Looks freaky. Looks like he's seen some poo poo. Some mental poo poo man, I dunno. It's a dark road he goes down, and dammit all, I don't want him to go it alone.

Also Not-France is full of hilariously rich assholes, this game is outstanding.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I dunno, it just sounds flat to me. My 3DS speakers are pretty quiet in general though so that may be why, but ah well, don't have to listen to it too much.

Stop playing videogames without headphones in the year of our lord 2013 dammit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I had some lackluster feelings at the initial variety of mons here but I've hit Route 8 now and crap, I don't have enough space. Between my sweet panda, my Ralts, some fairy on a flower, my arbor day hedgehog and a turtle, now I have to decide between raising up the ghost sword, the fire lion or the friggin'...I dunno what, some sort of psychic cat? Looks freaky. Looks like he's seen some poo poo. Some mental poo poo man, I dunno. It's a dark road he goes down, and dammit all, I don't want him to go it alone.

Also Not-France is full of hilariously rich assholes, this game is outstanding.

Once you get the Amulet Coin (It's in Not-Versailles Palace, right after your first trip to Not-Paris), you'll constantly earn more money than you need for the entire game and can become a rich rear end in a top hat yourself.

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
Haha, just caught a brave female gible. ALL MY TEAM ARE GIRLS AND I LOVE IT.

I'm not even looking for them, they just kinda show up. Now to turn her into an attacking/defensive powerhouse for her mega form :getin:

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008

Terper posted:

Stop playing videogames without headphones in the year of our lord 2013 dammit.

Also guh this happened to me too with my honedge. That's right Arturia :allears:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Is the Earthquake TM anywhere? Garchomp is kind of dumb with only Dig as his Ground move.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Jesus Female Meowstick is a loving beast.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nah, I agree with you. I liked the other gym battle themes for their strong melodies, Unova's especially because that one had an extremely powerful one in my opinion and I can't really discern any melody out of this one. :(

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
You know I think the roller skates are my favorite part of this game. Almost makes me want to give up this whole 'be the best at Pokemon' thing and just become the best at roller skates. Find a pirate radio station, tag the gently caress outta Poke-Paris, who even needs gym badges?

Can anyone tell me where to find all of the tricks? I've tried Googling it but I only found one guide and the information there seems inaccurate.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The next thing they need to work on is Pokemon cries. They all sound like the original gameboy versions, save for the Pikachu redub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Is the Earthquake TM anywhere? Garchomp is kind of dumb with only Dig as his Ground move.
Haven't gone to get it myself but it's supposedly on Route 22, and you will at the least need the final HM to be able to get it. So pre-postgame, but it requires clearing all the gyms.

• Locked thread