Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
Oh man that looks way better than the one I was using before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

I've been looking for something new too and this is pretty cool.

I turned down a 3d something setting and a 2d something setting in the wallpaper settings to about half, made it less reactive/slower to move, I thought the stock way it moved was way too reactive and in your face look at this new thing we did! Subtle movements look cooler.

(I didn't get motion sickness like every other ios7 user apparently did.)

Edit: weird just saw my Google play receipt for this and they say they've charged it to a card "ending in ____" I had the number changed on this weeks back but never I never updated Google with it.
Free wallpaper.

Vin BioEthanol fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 15, 2013

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is there a good screenshot app? I always forget what buttons on my Note 3 will take a screenshot.

Also: is there a good IR remote app? I want to turn on my PS3/360/PS2/TV or whatever with my phone.

If you have motion controls turned on you can drag the side of your hand (pinkie to palm) across the screen (horizontally) to get a screenshot capture. (If it's the same as on the Note 2).

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Krime posted:

If you have motion controls turned on you can drag the side of your hand (pinkie to palm) across the screen (horizontally) to get a screenshot capture. (If it's the same as on the Note 2).

I believe you have to explicitly turn this on in the settings, though.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

If you're going to use a custom image, don't bother as it's exactly the same effect. It only looks better with layered wallpapers and, personally, I found the ones included very unappealing.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

seravid posted:

If you're going to use a custom image, don't bother as it's exactly the same effect. It only looks better with layered wallpapers and, personally, I found the ones included very unappealing.
Yeah, I saw that in the video. I like the layered ones. I'll get tired of them eventually, but hey, it's a buck. The irritating thing is there's no way to hide the drawer shortcut. Before any of you suggest it, I already own Nova launcher but I like the stock launcher better.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Before any of you suggest it, I already own Nova launcher but I like the stock launcher better.
Why?

Genuinely curious as Nova has never given me a single issue whatsoever and stock just has some annoying quirks to it.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

LastInLine posted:

Why?

Genuinely curious as Nova has never given me a single issue whatsoever and stock just has some annoying quirks to it.
Nova messes up the margins and I like the Play Store shortcut in the default launcher. There's a couple other minor things I didn't like about it that I can't remember now. The only feature I really used was hiding things in the drawer.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
What in the loving gently caress is going on with my Google Voice texts? For the past two weeks I've been getting no text and no notification and then suddenly I get three days worth dumped on me.

Edit: CM 10.2 nightly on a Verizon GS3.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 15, 2013

JoeMB
Aug 13, 2011

Nova messes up the margins and I like the Play Store shortcut in the default launcher. There's a couple other minor things I didn't like about it that I can't remember now. The only feature I really used was hiding things in the drawer.

You can change the margins and also make it the play store shortcut in the drawers, unless you're talking about another one.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

JoeMB posted:

You can change the margins and also make it the play store shortcut in the drawers, unless you're talking about another one.
I just installed it to test. I can adjust the margins, but I can't get them the same as the stock launcher, and it does weird things like adding ellipses at the ends of application names. I can't find an option to put the Play Store shortcut back. It's normally in the top right when you have the drawer open, but in Nova there's menu dots. I also think the arrows on the drawer tabs are ugly.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Zero VGS posted:

What in the loving gently caress is going on with my Google Voice texts? For the past two weeks I've been getting no text and no notification and then suddenly I get three days worth dumped on me.

Edit: CM 10.2 nightly on a Verizon GS3.

Oh man, I'm glad to hear you say this. I've been having terrible problems with GV texts AND voicemail notifications.

I won't get them for hours and hours, but usually when I go from WiFi to mobile data (or the reverse) I get everything.

I'm back to running 10.2 nightly on my GNex, but this is pretty unacceptable, so I'm considering switching back to stock and seeing if that fixes it.

JoeMB
Aug 13, 2011

I just installed it to test. I can adjust the margins, but I can't get them the same as the stock launcher, and it does weird things like adding ellipses at the ends of application names. I can't find an option to put the Play Store shortcut back. It's normally in the top right when you have the drawer open, but in Nova there's menu dots. I also think the arrows on the drawer tabs are ugly.

Ah oops, I just checked and I'm using Apex instead of Nova. Apex does have the option shortcut for play store. I also checked the margins against stock and the horizontal is good but the vertical is a tiny bit different. I'm pretty sure ellipses are only added if the app name is too long, even stock launch does it.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Anyone have any invites to Aviate?

The comments indicate you can try the invite codes for various tech sites, but all the ones I tried are used up. In the app it says current users can hand out invites.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Thermopyle posted:

Anyone have any invites to Aviate?

The comments indicate you can try the invite codes for various tech sites, but all the ones I tried are used up. In the app it says current users can hand out invites.

Did you try POLICE? I used it a few minutes ago and it worked.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Did you try POLICE? I used it a few minutes ago and it worked.

No worky.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is there a good screenshot app? I always forget what buttons on my Note 3 will take a screenshot.

Also: is there a good IR remote app? I want to turn on my PS3/360/PS2/TV or whatever with my phone.

Handswipe from right to left to take a screen shot, left to right to copy the screen to clipboard

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sent you a hangout request.

Edit: and sent

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 15, 2013

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I have 5 0 invites for Aviate. PM me with email addresses. This is a goddamn beautiful launcher.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 15, 2013

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Sent you a hangout request.

Edit: and sent

Got any extra?

-redacted!- via e-mail if that's cool

edit: got it, thanks!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ThermoPhysical posted:

Got any extra?

Sent.

The Entire Universe posted:

This is a goddamn beautiful launcher.
I'm quite liking it actually since I stopped being spergy about my home screen. Takes a few days to get useful data going on but overall it's made placement decisions I would have made.

I love the quick shortcuts for directions when it knows you're traveling.

saphron
Apr 28, 2009

I have 5 invites for Aviate. PM me with email addresses. This is a goddamn beautiful launcher.

Coworker just mentioned it this morning, and it looks loving gorgeous. Sent you a PM!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Hahaha, I'm at lunch at some hole in the wall burrito place and the icon in the upper left changed to a little red sombrero. :3:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

saphron posted:

Coworker just mentioned it this morning, and it looks loving gorgeous. Sent you a PM!

sent!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I have 5 invites for Aviate. PM me with email addresses. This is a goddamn beautiful launcher.

Asked and received. This is neat. Think I'll get more use out of it on a day I'm not sitting in the office though.

Soviet Canuckistan
Oct 24, 2010

If you're not out yet, want to send one to nots.aying@yahoo.ca? Don't have PMs.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Soviet Canuckistan posted:

If you're not out yet, want to send one to nots.aying@yahoo.ca? Don't have PMs.

Shot you one. :)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

All out!

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Anymore? Optimusmatrix@gmail.com

Please and thank you.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

OptimusMatrix posted:

Anymore? Optimusmatrix@gmail.com

Please and thank you.

Sent!

To invite overs, swipe to the left and hit "INVITE" at the bottom menu.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
This is becoming a spam-happy invite asking thread, but, uh, anyone got one? :shobon:

cool. DTRENDS

ante fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 15, 2013

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
beerinator@gmail.com please. This looks sweet!

Used: DTRENDS

beerinator fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 15, 2013

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
If there are any avail invites, I'd like to give it a whirl.

deong fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 15, 2013

7 Bowls of Wrath
Mar 30, 2007
Thats so metal.
Anyone have any more they'd like to share? Gmail is: npsiwak

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

What is it? Google Now but it's your home screen?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FogHelmut posted:

What is it? Google Now but it's your home screen?

Kinda sorta. It does app grouping based on time and location plus other locational things like "This is near you" like Now does. It detects if you're traveling and adds hot links for directions to home and work, puts emphasis on news items in the morning or alarm and event adding for the evening.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
How well does it work with changing through out the day? I assume it periodically pools for your gps?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deong posted:

How well does it work with changing through out the day? I assume it periodically pools for your gps?

It's pretty quick. It figured out I was traveling within half a mile. It figured out my work address in a few hours. The FAQ mentions it does location look up so probably a mix of aGPS and GPS. I imagine you have to give it a few days to get your routine down

saphron
Apr 28, 2009

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

If there is another benevolent soul out there jkru73 at the geemales would be a good spot for an invite.

• Locked thread