Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
This is driving me nuts, has anyone successfully bred a Froakie? I was lucky enough to get a female right away, but nothing I have is compatible with it. Does anyone have any clue as to something that can breed with Frogadier besides Ditto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Terminus cave is reminding me why I hate pokemon caves.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

horriblePencilist posted:

How should I spend my EVs on Venusaur? I do plan to use his Mega-Evolution.

Mega Venusaur is a tank, so defenses and the attack of your choice. For in game HP and Attack/Special Attack (Probably Special since Venusaur's strongest STAB attacks learned by level are Special)

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Hammerite posted:

Supposedly they have changed some pokemon's hidden abilities (Chandelure). It may turn out that Snivy's too has been changed, since DW Snivy isn't legitimately available in Gen 5.

I think it's pretty certain at this point that Chandelure doesn't have Shadow Tag anymore, but there's always a chance it's a Scolipede situation where it got a fourth ability implemented as a second Dream World ability. Has anyone tried using the ability capsule on hidden ability Chandelure?

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Zurai posted:

Go out the back door of the aquarium and north along the beach.

Some girl who's looking for her dropped fossil is stopping me from progressing. Is it somewhere on the shore? All I found was a berry and a pearl.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Zoran posted:

I think it's pretty certain at this point that Chandelure doesn't have Shadow Tag anymore, but there's always a chance it's a Scolipede situation where it got a fourth ability implemented as a second Dream World ability. Has anyone tried using the ability capsule on hidden ability Chandelure?

I really hope this is the case.

Infiltrator just isn't near as awesome. :smith:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Zoran posted:

Has it been established that a pokemon can have two hidden abilities, then? Interesting if true. Presumably which hidden ability it has is determined by its personality value, just like when a pokemon has two ordinary abilities.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Behonkiss posted:

Some girl who's looking for her dropped fossil is stopping me from progressing. Is it somewhere on the shore? All I found was a berry and a pearl.

Oh, I thought you were done with the town. You have to go to the Glittering Cave and find the fossil lab's assistant guy. Go to the southeast side of town, there's an exit eastwards leading to a route where you ride a Rhyhorn.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

I really hope this is the case.

Infiltrator just isn't near as awesome. :smith:

There was a rumor that infiltrator shoots through substitutes now, so it might not all be for the worst.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Twelve by Pies posted:

This is driving me nuts, has anyone successfully bred a Froakie? I was lucky enough to get a female right away, but nothing I have is compatible with it. Does anyone have any clue as to something that can breed with Frogadier besides Ditto?

Psyduck will do it

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was able to use a Squirtle to bread with a female Protean Froakie I got via the GTS. So probably anything in the "Water 1" egg group, like Psyduck, Marill, and Bidoof.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Twelve by Pies posted:

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/egg/water1.shtml

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I plan on breeding a bunch of Aarons and launching them into wonder trade :3:

I want to try the friend safari thing as I just finished the E4, what town is it in?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Oh yes if anyone was wondering honedge is in the mineral egg group and not in amorphous.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gently caress the GTS so much. :argh: I just cannot get to anything fast enough and apparently nobody will go for what I deposited, I've had more luck with the Wonder trader getting things besides trade evolutions.

edit: Though I guess my luck is pretty good in other areas, just got a Plume Fossil on the very first rock I tried in Glittering Cave.

edit 2: hahah what the gently caress, second rock gave me an Armor Fossil.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 15, 2013

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Vegastar posted:

Psyduck will do it

Figures, the only Psyduck I got was female. Thanks!

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Pokemon newb here. Where's the best place to farm a light ball Pikachu?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Reading more from that Twitter account I linked, it sounds like there are conflicting reports with the Imposter Ditto. Hopefully they'll all figure it out soon.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I just activated the ultimate weapon and uhhh this is a POKEMON game right :stare: :stare:

edit: Also yes who IS this MYSTERIOUS person gosh I'm so confused, Lysander you idiot :rolleyes:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 15, 2013

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I keep getting Rain Dish Wartortles and Torrent Frogadiers on this Safari :(

Okkusenman
Oct 31, 2010

this is me irl lmao and im gay. a gay man

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I plan on breeding a bunch of Aarons and launching them into wonder trade :3:

I want to try the friend safari thing as I just finished the E4, what town is it in?

In Kiloude Town*, but you access it through the story by going into Luminose City via Bullet Train

*Used the Town Map to remember the name of the town

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Would brave or adamant be better on a Aegislash?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress the rear end in a top hat who made the third level Special Attack Super Training. That poo poo is literally loving impossible. You can't out-run all the balls, your shield takes at least two passing by to recharge, and they nuke your points by over 200 a hit. Well, I guess I'll just do the loving lower-level training. God forbid any of this already-tedious poo poo be any faster, right?

E: Game can't even give me S.Atk bags after failing. "Enjoy this +Attack punching bag for failing the Special Attack course! :downs:"

Lefties, how are you beating this? Because this is impossible for me.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 15, 2013

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Reading more from that Twitter account I linked, it sounds like there are conflicting reports with the Imposter Ditto. Hopefully they'll all figure it out soon.

Yeah, all the starters I've bred so far have had their normal abilities. I'm wondering if the gender of the non-ditto Poké affects it somehow (I tried a female Durant, but alas, no Truant Durant to troll Wonder Trade with).

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
It just took me 30+ balls to catch a Metang. :wtc:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Would brave or adamant be better on a Aegislash?

Brave, you want Aegislash to be slow.

ChibiSoma posted:

gently caress the rear end in a top hat who made the third level Special Attack Super Training. That poo poo is literally loving impossible. You can't out-run all the balls, your shield takes at least two passing by to recharge, and they nuke your points by over 200 a hit. Well, I guess I'll just do the loving lower-level training. God forbid any of this already-tedious poo poo be any faster, right?

Eh? Those balls are really easy to dodge, move left or right for the ones squished horizontally, up or down for the ones squished vertically.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

RoyalScion posted:

That's actually pretty good. Metang has one of the lowest catch rates in the game, the same as most of the hard-as-poo poo to catch legendaries.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Rasta_Al posted:

Pokemon newb here. Where's the best place to farm a light ball Pikachu?

Right outside the city after the forest. The grass is right next to town. Have a Pikachu or Pokemon with static leading your party for an easier time!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ChibiSoma posted:

What. Its the easiest one. Dodge tall shots to the side, fat shots up and down. It even tells you this.

Special defense is the bullshit one. Freaking Tentacreul and its stupuid pattern.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Average Bear posted:

Right outside the city after the forest. The grass is right next to town. Have a Pikachu or Pokemon with static leading your party for an easier time!

Just have something with Thief/Covet/Switcharoo/Trick too just to make life easier for yourself and save money on Pokeballs too.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

RoyalScion posted:

Beldum's entire evolutionary line has the lowest rated catch rate, on part with several legendaries. :v:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Just have something with Thief/Covet/Switcharoo/Trick too just to make life easier for yourself and save money on Pokeballs too.

Run thief on compound eyes Vivillion, its ability increases the chance of held items on wild pokemon.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Good god, I thought the fossils would be hard to find but I am now literally swimming in them. Three runs in and I've found more fossils than I have encounters/nothing. Guess I should just sit here and grind them out for trading. :v:

RoyalScion posted:

Where'd you find a Metang?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Macaluso posted:

So I just activated the ultimate weapon and uhhh this is a POKEMON game right :stare: :stare:

edit: Also yes who IS this MYSTERIOUS person gosh I'm so confused, Lysander you idiot :rolleyes:

Pokemon: Evangelion Edition.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

Good god, I thought the fossils would be hard to find but I am now literally swimming in them. Three runs in and I've found more fossils than I have encounters/nothing. Guess I should just sit here and grind them out for trading. :v:

Where'd you find a Metang?

They're in my friend safari.

I didn't know the catch rate was so poor, the first two I caught went pretty quick, so I guess I was just lucky.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

ChibiSoma posted:

E: Game can't even give me S.Atk bags after failing. "Enjoy this +Attack punching bag for failing the Special Attack course! :downs:"

Lefties, how are you beating this? Because this is impossible for me.

Read the description and dodge the balls accordingly.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've got like seven Old Ambers now, gonna make an all Aerodactyl team. :allears:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I think Gen 6 is going to finally be the one where I stop using online sims for post game battling and just do everything ingame because hot drat is it a lot more streamlined now.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Where is the rival fight in the post-game? I won at least one round in the Battle Mansion but still can't find her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Desperate Character posted:

Where is the rival fight in the post-game? I won at least one round in the Battle Mansion but still can't find her

Go to the very back of the town. Took me forever to work this out too.

• Locked thread