Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Slim Killington posted:

Not only this, but I've experienced pretty much everything in multiplayer thanks to not being restricted in terms of owning vehicles, property, and having money to blow on virtually everything. I'll have the entire breadth of fun and experiences possible from multiplayer before any consequences may or may not arrive. Good for you and all, but at least I'm not slogging through poo poo just to enjoy the contents of the game.

I don;t understand your logic at all. I play the game because I enjoy playing the game. I'm not being punished or slighted because I do not have (weapon abc), I eventually unlock it and have fun with that also. If you consider it slogging through poo poo, then why play at all? The game doesn't fundamentally change that much between high and low levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

El Hefe posted:

I'm gonna start placing a sticky bomb on these things and wait for someone to grab it.

That is a sound idea! I wonder if the sticky bomb disappears after the respray. Half the fun is in letting them do all the work to get it to the objective and blow it up just as they are about to succeed.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Robawesome posted:

Your first complaint is a result of where you are when you start the mission. Starting Base Invaders in Downtown LS means you have to travel all the way to Sandy Shores. Starting it on the airstrip means you don't have to travel at all. It's a pointless complaint, really.

At level 50 I still haven't seen most of those missions but Los Santos Connection is definitely more work than it's worth, considering Out of Court Settlement takes like two minutes and has no enemies.

That's the whole issue, you still have to drive out there before you start it. If you are with a group of people and chaining jobs, you have to make the trip out there to start it, and then you have to go back to do a different job. Base Invaders is only worth doing as a one off thing.

When I'm playing with people, usually everybody starts getting bored doing jobs where you kill a small group of enemies and then drive to turn it in. Los Santos Connection is perfect because it pays decently and everybody gets to actually do something, plus its pretty quick if everybody knows where to go.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Broseph Brostar posted:

That's the whole issue, you still have to drive out there before you start it. If you are with a group of people and chaining jobs, you have to make the trip out there to start it, and then you have to go back to do a different job. Base Invaders is only worth doing as a one off thing.

When I'm playing with people, usually everybody starts getting bored doing jobs where you kill a small group of enemies and then drive to turn it in. Los Santos Connection is perfect because it pays decently and everybody gets to actually do something, plus its pretty quick if everybody knows where to go.

What? No you don't. You can already be in the area when Ron calls you for the mission, and you can call Ron for the mission again after you complete it while standing in the same airfield.

Also, everybody in the mission spawns where the Host is when he started the mission, so your fault for constantly starting missions across the map from the starting point I guess.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Irsh posted:

That is a sound idea! I wonder if the sticky bomb disappears after the respray. Half the fun is in letting them do all the work to get it to the objective and blow it up just as they are about to succeed.

Hmmm yes that's a good question, also hiding the sticky so it isn't as obvious should be difficult.

This whole sticky bomb shenanigans has made me check every vehicle before I use it, I'm paranoid I'm going to get sticky bombed.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Robawesome posted:

What? No you don't. You can already be in the area when Ron calls you for the mission, and you can call Ron for the mission again after you complete it while standing in the same airfield.

Also, everybody in the mission spawns where the Host is when he started the mission, so your fault for constantly starting missions across the map from the starting point I guess.

Because you always get the same mission from Ron everytime you call him, right?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Broseph Brostar posted:

Because you always get the same mission from Ron everytime you call him, right?

I know you're being snarky but actually, yes, Base Invaders is the only mission Ron has ever offered me. I'm level 49 now.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Robawesome posted:

I know you're being snarky but actually, yes, Base Invaders is the only mission Ron has ever offered me. I'm level 49 now.

You lucky bastard. :argh:

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

Robawesome posted:

I'm close to 50 and Ron gives me only his lovely missions. Someday I'll get base invaders, but until then, I have to join it when other people send out invites.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Arrath posted:

You lucky bastard. :argh:

I guess. Martin basically never gives me MuwC though. Like I was saying earlier, I actually enjoy most of the missions they offer anyway I just wish the rewards were a bit more balanced.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Does anybody on PS3 feel like roaming around and making money right now? I still haven't gotten to play with any goons and last night I had an awful mission with a group of pubbies. My PSN name is Craigabdul and I have a headset. I tried joining the crew but they never got back to me.

EDIT: I give up. My post history in this thread is too drat depressing.

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 16, 2013

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Something is up with mission distribution. Martin gives me Out Of Court Settlement over half the time.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Yeah but the missions aren't just about rewards though (unless you're just making a list of quick mission farming). Los Santos Connection is a fun but tough mission that's really well put together and feels like something from storymode if it only had a brief cutscene between each set piece. It's one of those rare missions that stops you from just loving around with your crew during the mission cause you can and still passing; you have to slow down and work together, and it feels great when you can pull it off (especially those times it's razor edge, down to like one guy left who blows up that fleeing plane).

There are other missions on that list that provide the same feel of teamwork, challenge and fun and yet give much better rewards.

I don't disagree with your overall point, but while it isn't JUST about the reward, the reward is pretty drat important.

Edit: First time I ran that mission with a group, "Wow, that was great! We did it! ....that's all we get? gently caress that mission."

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 16, 2013

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
Made a racing crew for PS3 users! http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/auto_men

I have a couple of friends that I race with already, but it'll be nice to get a group of people who don't mind the occasional race in jets, stunt planes, bicycles, and motorbikes. Add me on PSN and Social Club (skizzzer on both) and request an invite, and we can get rolling!

Ideas for rank names are welcome too, preferably with a racing theme. So far I've got Pit Boss, Mechanic, Cabbie, Drift King, and Driver.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Slim Killington posted:

Not only this, but I've experienced pretty much everything in multiplayer thanks to not being restricted in terms of owning vehicles, property, and having money to blow on virtually everything. I'll have the entire breadth of fun and experiences possible from multiplayer before any consequences may or may not arrive. Good for you and all, but at least I'm not slogging through poo poo just to enjoy the contents of the game.

Well there are all the free content packs coming out you could theoretically miss if they ban people for glitching. To be fair though, other than hesits I don't see them adding anything mechanically. Just like, new shirts and trucks and poo poo.

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010
Heists really need to come soon to this game. I want them so badly.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Irsh posted:

Heists really need to come soon to this game. I want them so badly.

Can't wait to find out they're on a one week realtime timer and only get you 100k or something similarly stupid. I mean they've made a lovely oldschool MMO might as well have lovely oldschool raids. :v:

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.
Shout out to goon THE TRUE QUAID for being the best race win booster I've encountered! Thanks buddy!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

GruntyThrst posted:

Can't wait to find out they're on a one week realtime timer and only get you 100k or something similarly stupid. I mean they've made a lovely oldschool MMO might as well have lovely oldschool raids. :v:

I can't wait to find out that they have less in-depth planning than Campaign heists and all follow a simple procedure.

By the way, nobody should ever do High Profile Case. Not only do you need a Chopper but 1000 RP and $7,000 for basically jumping into a hornet's nest and having to deal with choppers & SUVs on the way out is total bull. Even Death From Above is better than this.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Robawesome posted:

I'd just really like a billiards game to play in my apartment.

No poo poo. There's plenty of floor space, and there's even a pool table mesh or whatever in the lovely bar where you can play darts.

Just wanna play pool with my pals before we go knock over armored trucks :(

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

Lunethex posted:

By the way, nobody should ever do High Profile Case. Not only do you need a Chopper but 1000 RP and $7,000 for basically jumping into a hornet's nest and having to deal with choppers & SUVs on the way out is total bull. Even Death From Above is better than this.

A friend and me failed and retried that mission so many times the other night because we just had to finish it. The payout was so disapoiting considering the amount of work that goes in to getting that drat briefcase. Although the best way to finish it would be to drop off a sniper on the nearby, slightly taller, skyscraper. Have him take out everybody on the upper lever before safely landing your helicopter and taking out the rest of the NPCs. If it's still working, use your helicopter to get the briefcase back to Lester.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Lunethex posted:

I can't wait to find out that they have less in-depth planning than Campaign heists and all follow a simple procedure.

Yeah, if High Profile Case is the mission I'm thinking of, it's total garbage. Not only the mission is literally impossible to do with out a helicopter, which they don't bother to provide you with, but the only places to land it is in full view of all the bad guys so you're getting shot at by at least a half dozens guys with automatics the moment you get near it. gently caress that mission.

EDIT: \/\/\/I spent about 30 minutes trying to do that mission with goons, I guess we missed that. Way to be a jerk off for no reason though.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 16, 2013

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Jonny Retro posted:

Yeah, if High Profile Case is the mission I'm thinking of, it's total garbage. Not only is the mission is literally impossible to do with out a helicopter, which they don't bother to provide you with, but the only places to land it is in full view of all the bad guys so you're getting shot at by at least a half dozens guys with automatics the moment you get near it. gently caress that mission.

Yeah the only place to land is on the rooftop full of enemies and not the rooftop beside that rooftop where you can snipe those enemies safely :rolleyes:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

BitBasher posted:

Something is up with mission distribution. Martin gives me Out Of Court Settlement over half the time.

I've never had Martin give me anything else.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Lotish posted:

I used the glitch twice and was not actually that impressed. Using the dumpster is more fun and just as reliable if you have a partner in the corner opposite to handle rushers.

The problem is more of people getting kicked.

zimbomonkey posted:

I've never had Martin give me anything else.

He has quite the problem with lawyers.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
I don't really care about making money or leveling up faster than I do through naturally playing and most of the missions are at least generally enjoyable from where I stand. I spend money as fast as I earn it on car parts, and ammo/weapons.

Most of my time is just spent flying around in a chopper doing bounties, stealing cars, and racing to crates. Missions are just a fun break for me. You only need to grind if you want to do it.

I actually like a bunch of the missions on that list posted earlier. The Los Santos Connection is a lot of fun!

Cosmic Cat
Mar 3, 2008
I want to give a shoutout to ravenkult. It was fun to just drive around and be an awful, horrible, and terrible pubbie with you.

At one point ravenkult accidentally drove us off a cliff in a stolen cop car. I was in the backseat and somehow emerged from the flaming wreckage unscathed. Does being in the backseat make you more likely to survive bad driving, or am I some sort of wizard?

Tippiegh
May 15, 2009

prussian advisor posted:

Shout out to goon THE TRUE QUAID for being the best race win booster I've encountered! Thanks buddy!

Seconding this.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Cosmic Cat posted:

I want to give a shoutout to ravenkult. It was fun to just drive around and be an awful, horrible, and terrible pubbie with you.

At one point ravenkult accidentally drove us off a cliff in a stolen cop car. I was in the backseat and somehow emerged from the flaming wreckage unscathed. Does being in the backseat make you more likely to survive bad driving, or am I some sort of wizard?

ravenkult is awesome. We've been wrecking people the last couple days. My PSN is cashcamden99.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Merryweather Backup helicopters are really awesome, they take everything down no problem (except for swarms of cops, they'll eventually die :v:) so I recommend everyone give it a call if you need some help.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Oh man thought there would be a patch to smooth this game out a bit, but even without one its still refreshing.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Lunethex posted:

Merryweather Backup helicopters are really awesome, they take everything down no problem (except for swarms of cops, they'll eventually die :v:) so I recommend everyone give it a call if you need some help.

Do they kill any nearby players not crew or friend?

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

edit: all fixed now

Rufio fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 16, 2013

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I'm not usually a big racer but I'd like to try and unlock some car mods, at least (turbo starts/personal best laps, maybe win a few races). I'll be on the lookout for race invites if anyone's wanting to do them.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

nasboat posted:

I'm not usually a big racer but I'd like to try and unlock some car mods, at least (turbo starts/personal best laps, maybe win a few races). I'll be on the lookout for race invites if anyone's wanting to do them.

Your name and console?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

nasboat posted:

Tried to accept, but you were already racing someone else :(

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Are race wins needed to unlock LSC upgrades for all types of cars, or do they need to be won specifically per class? I've seen some conflicting information on this and I'm not sure.

On a related note, Entity XF is excellent. 10 MPH less top than the Adder is completely worth all the advantages it has, and it's real low to the ground. VERY NICE I LIKE

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Are race wins needed to unlock LSC upgrades for all types of cars, or do they need to be won specifically per class? I've seen some conflicting information on this and I'm not sure.

On a related note, Entity XF is excellent. 10 MPH less top than the Adder is completely worth all the advantages it has, and it's real low to the ground. VERY NICE I LIKE

Much like the apartment I'm convinced the Adder is there to troll.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Do most people use Traditional GTA aim or Aim Assist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

PaganGoatPants posted:

Do most people use Traditional GTA aim or Aim Assist?

drat near everyone uses aim assist.

• Locked thread