Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
I don't really know why they'd think the angels falling was anything other than a meteor shower, considering all the angels that fell that had vessels would've just gotten up and walked away (leaving no bodies or trace of anything weird, really) and all the angels without vessels are conveniently invisible. For some reason I had a suspicion that they'd play with the idea of normal people finding out "the truth" this season though I'm not sure why that crossed my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Coulrophobia posted:

I don't really know why they'd think the angels falling was anything other than a meteor shower, considering all the angels that fell that had vessels would've just gotten up and walked away (leaving no bodies or trace of anything weird, really) and all the angels without vessels are conveniently invisible. For some reason I had a suspicion that they'd play with the idea of normal people finding out "the truth" this season though I'm not sure why that crossed my mind.

I don't know, there was the part during that scene in season 8 where they zoom in on the "meteors" and they really obviously look like people plummeting out of the sky. They even show a guy who clearly looks like a person as he lands in the water. Then in the premiere episode they show footage that implies this event happened over populated areas as well.

Also, even if the angels with vessels did just get up and walk away..well, wouldn't you think something was really loving weird if you saw a bunch of guys just fall out of the sky/no parachute/no apparent plane crash/burning in the atmosphere and walk off alive like it was nothing? Maybe the angels wouldn't leave a trace after the fact, but someone sure as hell could have seen the fall and/or landing as it happened.

Basically I don't think it's a stretch to think someone will realize "Hey, those meteors were wearing business suits. :raise: "

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kimmalah posted:

I don't know, there was the part during that scene in season 8 where they zoom in on the "meteors" and they really obviously look like people plummeting out of the sky. They even show a guy who clearly looks like a person as he lands in the water. Then in the premiere episode they show footage that implies this event happened over populated areas as well.

Also, even if the angels with vessels did just get up and walk away..well, wouldn't you think something was really loving weird if you saw a bunch of guys just fall out of the sky/no parachute/no apparent plane crash/burning in the atmosphere and walk off alive like it was nothing? Maybe the angels wouldn't leave a trace after the fact, but someone sure as hell could have seen the fall and/or landing as it happened.

Basically I don't think it's a stretch to think someone will realize "Hey, those meteors were wearing business suits. :raise: "

Anyone who saw them live probably wouldn't believe what they're seeing and anyone who taped it would probably see something akin to UFOs. Maybe there's a Supernatural equivalent of the aliens types (maybe the Ghostfacers but they're not really the same thing) but not anything close to widespread acceptance.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Since they all had vessels in the last ep, I envision it as the angels, as they appear in heaven wearing suits, fell. Upon hitting earth they became noncorporeal and bopped into the nearest town and found a willing vessel.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

computer parts posted:

Anyone who saw them live probably wouldn't believe what they're seeing and anyone who taped it would probably see something akin to UFOs. Maybe there's a Supernatural equivalent of the aliens types (maybe the Ghostfacers but they're not really the same thing) but not anything close to widespread acceptance.

I don't know, I guess we'll just have to wait an see. Personally I think this is the kind of thing that has way too many potential witnesses to just get swept under the rug as "Welp, just a meteor shower that doesn't behave at all like a meteor shower and has falling people instead of debris. :downs: "

Astroman posted:

Since they all had vessels in the last ep, I envision it as the angels, as they appear in heaven wearing suits, fell. Upon hitting earth they became noncorporeal and bopped into the nearest town and found a willing vessel.

Well Hael has a line in the last episode about how most of the angels are still circling Earth in search of vessels, so it sounds like a whole lot of them are still non-corporeal. I'm guessing the process is more complicated when you can't just jump into anyone like a demon can.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Y'all have to keep in mind that it has been 24 hours since angelfall in the Supernatural world. I highly doubt the show will go in that direction, but it's plenty possible that the existence of beings from above is fully exposed and currently being digested by the general public. At the very least, we saw that television news broadcast of the "meteor" storm, and who knows what kind of crazy videos are popping up on YouTube and LiveLeak in their wake.

But since it's only been a day, we can hardly be expected to have seen the fallout from, well, the fallout.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I just assumed that all the normal people in the world saw a meteor shower, and not people falling.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

I am more concerned about the amount of missing persons reports that will get filed now. There must be hundreds of vessels that leave their normal life and go around trying to find Castiel and the brothers. Surely someone will notice that?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

hazzlebarth posted:

I am more concerned about the amount of missing persons reports that will get filed now. There must be hundreds of vessels that leave their normal life and go around trying to find Castiel and the brothers. Surely someone will notice that?

More than likely, they're going to take time to assimilate. If they have no clue where to go or how things work down here, it's going to take time to adjust. Not only that, if Dean is stupid enough to send an open prayer again, only the angels who could get to himi n a reasonable amount of time would do it.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Writer Cath posted:

More than likely, they're going to take time to assimilate. If they have no clue where to go or how things work down here, it's going to take time to adjust. Not only that, if Dean is stupid enough to send an open prayer again, only the angels who could get to himi n a reasonable amount of time would do it.

Well really we have no idea how far away the angels we did see were in relation to Dean. Most likely they don't have a clear understanding of distances in human sense yet considering they've always been able to be anywhere with a single thought. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of them didn't take the time and just went off gunning for the brothers.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Do we know where Sam & Dean (or Castiel) geographically in the US?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Remember, the ones falling that we saw could have just been the ones with vessels. We've never seen an angel in it's natural form (i.e loving giant scary wheels of fire with eyes everywhere).

They mention in season 8 that the MOL headquarters in is Kansas. With the way the previews for next week work, I'd imagine around there somewhere.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

In the open prayer I think Dean said the hospital was in upstate New York somewhere.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

computer parts posted:

Well the church was probably somewhere in South Dakota unless they drove around with Crowley in cuffs for a really long time, so I'd say somewhere in that general vicinity. But the exact timeframes (like how long they could have driven before Sam's coma) aren't all that clear so when I say "general vicinity" I mean more like somewhere in that region of the U.S. And now they're on the move again so who knows?

Unless someone spotted some clue that might give away his location, same probably goes for Castiel.

Edit: Annnd looking at the transcript, previous poster is right. :doh: Randolph, New York.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I believe that we only saw people falling for our benefit as audience, in universe they must've seen a mere meteor shower. They handwaved the issue when the boys were chased by Zack on the heaven and we saw him on his vessel and no his true form as it should be.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
E: Quote is no edit :doh:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

computer parts posted:

Castiel is near to Longview, Colorado. He got a location subtitle.

To the people saying "Isn't this getting a little repetitive?", just consider where The X-Files was at the start of season 9 - long since collapsed under the weight of its own mythology, with one of the leads having quit. Supernatural is expanding its mythology in different directions; while similar beats get hit maybe a little too often, they are at leats being played on different instruments for the most part.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Yo it sucks that these people have to deal with all the crazy fans, because jared jensen and misha are all really cool dudes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What's funny is I literally watched the one where they had the argument about torturing the kid to figure out the brand to get to Balthazar.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Is it torture if the kid doesn't even remember it?

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Is that you Ben?

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Sending out this special order cat tie. Thought y'all may like it.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Funhilde posted:

Sending out this special order cat tie. Thought y'all may like it.

Is it going out to a little black kitty with blue eyes? Catstiel :3:

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

cool kids inc. posted:

Is it going out to a little black kitty with blue eyes? Catstiel :3:

It is going to a catstiel...not sure what their coloring is.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Corny posted:

Yo it sucks that these people have to deal with all the crazy fans, because jared jensen and misha are all really cool dudes.

Misha's Twitter is pretty entertaining to follow. I liked how he summed up the season premier: "Tonight a 9: the self-help show with the two underwear models premieres! This season, "conqering your demons" & "finding your inner angel."

Also: "That show was very educational last night. I learned a lot about alternative healing and the importance of wearing seat belts."

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Finally caught back up to the show, enjoying the new setting of this season.

I think we're forgetting the importance of the soul here. Angels can't even seem to affect this world without the Hosts' soul. And we've seen Cas power up with souls from hell and purgatory. Hell is the only option now for all Angels.

Also, the guy that took over Sam is obviously evil; nothing good happens to Sam.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
That horrible time ten minutes before Supernatural starts. Do I have time to make popcorn? How cold is the beer? I'm so conflicted.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ha, Stark and Banner.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
"Cuz I'm Kevin Frickin Solo."

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
Geeze. Get the uniform right for once.

E: raised in a dysfunctional home environment

Paradise Lost fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 16, 2013

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Sam's not worried. His dick's already poison.

Paradise Lost posted:

Geeze. Get the uniform right for once.

Maybe they're cosplayers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's probably hard to get an American military uniform in Canada.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
For some reason, I find shooting a scope out with a pistol less plausible than demons.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
If what I think will happen happens, this season will be epic.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Abbadon did not seem eager to take on an angel, that's interesting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've gotten a bit lazy with the power creep, but any angel is significantly more powerful than a demon. Even if a regular angel can't kill Abaddon, they can probably do quite a number on her.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
It doesn't seem like Angels even get any training at all; and now everyone know hows how to kill one too. Maybe everyone still just remember the myths.

Like what would an angel do if a bunch of demon charges them? They can't use absolution, allowing demons to just keep taking bodies, and the angel will get tired eventually.
Finally watched that episode, apparently their light is still deadly to demons!

Femur fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 16, 2013

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Pretty bog standard episode, here's hoping they can mix things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Holy moly, I never saw this Season 9 Promo with Crowley and Castiel. It's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3anPgm0NQXY

• Locked thread