Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Zackcat posted:

It's not worth it. It costs 500k to enter.

The 120,762p price I quoted was profit (because it's actually 220,762).

How much do you earn in Sushi from both the trainer battles and the nuggets combined?

I was thinking it would be somewhere around 600,000-700,000p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Waitress Catla

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
So I'm looking for team suggestions.

My team is Lyzolda the Delphox and Niv-Mizzet the Mega Charizard... The theme I'm going for is legendary creatures from Ravnica from mtg.

Any ideas? I'm trying to build it before the 6th badge, and I don't want to give up the two I have, but otherwise, I'll run pretty much anything that fits.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Countblanc posted:

No, and it's stupid.

As dumb as it is, it's understandable. Macho Bands can give you a couple additional EVs at best. If you'd combine the Macho Band with a Double Up Bag, you'd get 48 EVs per Level 3 Supertraining, and that seems kind of steep.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
God, it's gonna be so weird getting used to having Super Training instead of the Pokerus. I remember being so excited for it the first time I got it in Black. :sigh:

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Silver Falcon posted:

What's next? A trash bird that's worth bringing to the Elite Four?

I never played the Gen 4 games so I dunno about this Staraptor nonsense, but Talonflame owns bones. Brave bird/flare blitz/roost/u-turn and faster than anything the E4 or champion had :getin:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I think I just ate Slowpoke Tail. :smith:

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Walrus Pete posted:

I never played the Gen 4 games so I dunno about this Staraptor nonsense, but Talonflame owns bones. Brave bird/flare blitz/roost/u-turn and faster than anything the E4 or champion had :getin:

I gotta say that it's so refreshing to have the basic bird of this generation FINALLY having a dual type that is, oh I dunno, USEFUL! Talonflame is quite the beast, with it's only negative quality being it's quadruple weakness to rock. It might not work in competitive due to the prevalence of Stealth Rock; but for the main game, it's intensely good.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Why can't you take Portrait photos? With the gyrosensor the 3DS could even detect whether you're shooting a picture landscape or portrait. I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to freely rotate the camera, especially with that amount of customization on the camera.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
$5 well spent :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Snorlax is a fat gently caress who took 15 years to finally stand up.

*fat shaming in this thread.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I can confirm that Pokerus :siren:STAYS CONTAGIOUS:siren: if kept in the box. I have a Malamar who was one of my first infected who I stuck in there and it's still infected.

Interestingly only my Tyrantrum is now immune, and he wasn't my first infected (Venusaur was). I kept him out for a while leveling but if he's immune I would have assumed my HM-slave Pangoro would be too since I never put it away. But the panda's still virulent.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Just caught a shiny Frogadier in a goons safari, drat does this game rule.

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

The 120,762p price I quoted was profit (because it's actually 220,762).

How much do you earn in Sushi from both the trainer battles and the nuggets combined?

I was thinking it would be somewhere around 600,000-700,000p.

Yeah I was talking about the sushi place. It's 500K to enter, and the payout isn't as much apparently. I haven't tested it personally but a pal did. The pokemon are only 65 and the 16 nuggets are only 160,000 as you said. Not sure exactly how much the staff gives but I don't see it making up for it.

How to unlock it btw, just complete every course(successfully in the turns) in all the other restaurants.

Zackcat fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 16, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I wish Pokemon would act differently in Pokemon Amie depending on their Nature.
Just imagine a sassy Braixen.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Bruceski posted:

I can confirm that Pokerus :siren:STAYS CONTAGIOUS:siren: if kept in the box. I have a Malamar who was one of my first infected who I stuck in there and it's still infected.

Interestingly only my Tyrantrum is now immune, and he wasn't my first infected (Venusaur was). I kept him out for a while leveling but if he's immune I would have assumed my HM-slave Pangoro would be too since I never put it away. But the panda's still virulent.

It's always stayed contagious.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
OMFG. There's a random trainer in the last gym who leads off with a Cryagonal that has Freeze Dry, Confuse Ray, and Recover.

I can't do anything to it. It's killed 2 of my mons outright with the Ice move and confused the other 4. Anytime anything gets through, he uses Recover.

I haven't saved in over an hour.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

It's always stayed contagious.

Someone was saying it didn't anymore and I wanted to head that rumor off at the pass so it wouldn't join tipping and "shinies are more common"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The battle place seems to be increasing BP the longer your streak goes. I reached 11 wins and started getting 2BP per win.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Does anyone have any idea where there are TMs for Flamethrower, Earthquake, or Focus Blast?

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~

Dehry posted:

The battle place seems to be increasing BP the longer your streak goes. I reached 11 wins and started getting 2BP per win.

I would hope so, since 200BP for Ability Capsules is a pain to think about.

Jade Mage posted:

Does anyone have any idea where there are TMs for Flamethrower, Earthquake, or Focus Blast?

http://www.serebii.net/xy/tmhm.shtml

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Jade Mage posted:

Earthquake is on route 22, you need surf, waterfall and strength. Theres a guide on gamefaqs that seems to have all the tms listed.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

jymbojones posted:

OMFG. There's a random trainer in the last gym who leads off with a Cryagonal that has Freeze Dry, Confuse Ray, and Recover.

I can't do anything to it. It's killed 2 of my mons outright with the Ice move and confused the other 4. Anytime anything gets through, he uses Recover.

I haven't saved in over an hour.

The penalty for a blackout in Pokemon is like 5000$ or something, just lie down and accept your fate.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Jade Mage posted:

Focus Blast is purchased. Somewhere late in the game, SE zone of the map.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Zackcat posted:

Pokecenter on South side. Enter and leave.

This didn't work. Nothing I am doing is getting the Looker quest to trigger.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
How exactly do you get the Stone Edge and Rock Slide TMs :confused:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

DOOMocrat posted:

This didn't work. Nothing I am doing is getting the Looker quest to trigger.

Have you activated your Mega Ring to see the post-game Mega Stones?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
So what raises Enjoyment and what lowers Hunger? I feel like there's more aside from playing minigames.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reading some of the mechanics discovery thread over on smogon, and there's some interesting stuff being found out that I'm not sure has been brought up.

• Toxic is 100% accurate when used by a Poison type. (Including against Fly, Dig, etc)
  • Honedge's ghost typing allows it to switch against Magnet Pull. Ghost types in general are immune to all trapping, including ability traps and Fire Spin type attacks.
  • Oblivious blocks Taunt.
  • Infiltrator lets you hit behind substitutes.
  • Sleep counter no longer resets when you switch out.
  • Play Nice ignores Protect
  • Turn order is set before Mega-Evolution, meaning even if the Mega has a higher speed, it will still move based on the regular speed stat for that turn.
  • Egg moves can be passed down from both the mother and the father. For example, a female Aqua Jet Marill can breed with a male Belly Drum Poliwhirl and yield a :siren: Belly Drum Aqua Jet Marill :siren:

There's also some unconfirmed rumors that Focus Energy raises the crit ratio to a whopping 50%. This reportedly turns high-crit moves into 100% chance crit moves.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Constable Lemon posted:

There's also some unconfirmed rumors that Focus Energy raises the crit ratio to a whopping 50%. This reportedly turns high-crit moves into 100% chance crit moves.

Which is unfortunately worse than just using Swords Dance or the like.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Constable Lemon posted:

Oh I hope so. Sniper Drapion with Night Slash, Cross Poison, Focus Energy and Swords Dance will become the bane of my friends being.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Zoran posted:

Which is unfortunately worse than just using Swords Dance or the like.

Unless the opponent has defence boosts, of course.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The town after Frozen McFrozenland sells a beetlejuice outfit.

You even can get the striped stockings.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Was that rumor about crits only doing 150% damage instead of 200% debunked, or is it true? That'd be hella cool.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Holy poo poo, I might actually be done with all the EV training, breeding etc.
I mean, there's still a ton of stuff to be done, but I can finally move past route 10. Who knows, I might even get the 3rd badge tomorrow!

I love this game so very, very much.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zurai posted:

Unless the opponent has defence boosts, of course.

Crits were nerfed this gen to only do 150% damage instead of 200% damage though.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I got a Spritzee. Which is the better fairy mon? Spritzee or Flabebe? And how should I train them? Though I might consider using both considering how much easier it is to grind in this game. I don't think exp output even gets halved if you switch out in the middle of a battle.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Was that rumor about crits only doing 150% damage instead of 200% debunked, or is it true? That'd be hella cool.

Smogon has that under its "Known Info" list, so I would say it's probably true. Also, from my own empirical evidence, that would match up with how much damage crits have been doing over normal attacks.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

I got a Spritzee. Which is the better fairy mon? Spritzee or Flabebe? And how should I train them? Though I might consider using both considering how much easier it is to grind in this game. I don't think exp output even gets halved if you switch out in the middle of a battle.

Aromatisse sounds better than Florges to me so far but it's still a bit early to know Which Mons Are Best. I definitely think Aromatisse is COOLER though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

ChibiSoma posted:

gently caress the rear end in a top hat who made the third level Special Attack Super Training. That poo poo is literally loving impossible. You can't out-run all the balls, your shield takes at least two passing by to recharge, and they nuke your points by over 200 a hit. Well, I guess I'll just do the loving lower-level training. God forbid any of this already-tedious poo poo be any faster, right?

E: Game can't even give me S.Atk bags after failing. "Enjoy this +Attack punching bag for failing the Special Attack course! :downs:"

Lefties, how are you beating this? Because this is impossible for me.

You know, I kinda sympathised with you when you bitched up the dark souls and monster hunter and persona threads with your endless complaints about how hard they are and how bullshit they are and then accused people of cheating when they posted videos showing them doing said impossible things...

But pokemon?

• Locked thread