Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

bradzilla posted:

This one isn't too bad, but still has undertones of :qq:, so gently caress off Zack Ryder you loving baby.

Seems pretty harmless to me. Then again, so do most of Zack's tweets that people flip out over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
To be fair, a lot of them do have an undertone of "I'm not being used on TV so here's some meaningless thing I'm doing backstage instead."

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

"here's some meaningless thing I'm doing..."

So it's a twitter account?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

bradzilla posted:

This one isn't too bad, but still has undertones of :qq:, so gently caress off Zack Ryder you loving baby.

Oh come on, that's the exact kind of crack almost any snarky face would make at Ryback's expense. Eating and harassing the catering staff were his thing forever. If you need to think about the tweet for a couple of minutes so you can divine the lack of use whining because you're certain its in there someplace, you're just being mean.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/390313413886631936

quote:

Jim Ross
‏@JRsBBQ
Wrestling biz is unique. Once one is gone & one cannot help someone that's still in biz it's "so long." Sad. Helped many who remain silent.

Bitter? Maybe. Justified? gently caress yes he is.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Memento1979 posted:

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/390313413886631936

Bitter? Maybe. Justified? gently caress yes he is.

I thought Hunter was still trying to get him back into the WWE. But his bitterness right now is totally justified.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
lmao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
OUYA continues to be the most entertaining gaming device of this generation.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

They should contact whoever the hell the current Knockouts champ is instead, OUYA and TNA would be just about the most perfect corporate partnership imaginable.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
It would be a race to see who can go out of business first

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So, Big Sexy and actor Nick Searcy are in a Twitter war over politics and it's :psyduck:

http://twitchy.com/2013/10/17/race-baiting-wrestler-kevin-nash-asks-if-tea-party-will-revisit-slavery-gets-clotheslined-by-nick-searcy/

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Kevin Nash won that. How is Kevin Nash the race baiter there? The Tea Party didn't exist until five minutes after Obama was elected into office despite Bush creating a loving huge deficit after a huge surplus for more than half a decade. They're obviously racially motivated.

American politics scares me with how obviously evil it is.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Nick Searcy being a tea party crazy bums me out, I loving love Justified :smith:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Kevin Nash won that. How is Kevin Nash the race baiter there?

Mostly because Twitchy is a right wing anti-humour site that has a clever name but some of the worst actual content that you'll find on the internet.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Lance Storm posted:

Who came up with the Ultimate X match? Great creation. #ImpactLive If I was 15 yrs younger I'd enjoy the challenge of it.

There you have it folks: Lance Storm watches Impact Wrestling.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
I'm a little more surprised that Lance complimented TNA with zero backhandedness to it. This is a man who openly boycotted TNA for close to a year.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
That's a rare example I have seen of the person that is less coherent being correct on Twitter.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CaptainYesterday posted:

There you have it folks: Lance Storm watches Impact Wrestling.

Considering one of his best friends (Don Callis, who has a bit of an ego) came up with it, you'd think he wouldn't have to ask. And when I say that, that's not kayfabe, he actually devised the thing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Lance Storm watches a lot of wrestling, so that's not a surprise.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Onmi posted:

I thought Hunter was still trying to get him back into the WWE. But his bitterness right now is totally justified.

@JRsBBQ posted:

Uh, oh. Another mysterious retirement. :)
@ESPNDallas: Texas Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan announces retirement http://es.pn/19Ngrmy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
JR is getting good at the tweeter.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
He's got a lot of time on his hands now. :bahgawd::arghfist:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
In which AJ and Big E discuss his face turn on Smackdown.

BigELangston posted:

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Or bring the ruckus. One of the two. #SmackDown

WWEAJLee posted:

@BigELangston Nice work, E. Clearly you’re still on my payroll.

BigELangston posted:

Ooooh, Mama! Your baby boy done flew the coop!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I really, really hope he's as good on the mic when they let him talk as he is on twitter. Because Big E is terrific.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I really, really hope he's as good on the mic when they let him talk as he is on twitter. Because Big E is terrific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiF3s7k8iVQ

Dude rules on the mic.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZprH-1Ugk5o

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big E has a very specific kind of goofy face charisma. I've never seen him do serious outside of that brief (yet awesome) period of time when he was stoic and just glared at people when he was mad.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The few times I can remember Big E talking on RAW/Smackdown it wasn't good

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Valeyard posted:

The few times I can remember Big E talking on RAW/Smackdown it wasn't good

This, except the opposite. I remember one in particular where he broke out this white guy announcer voice out of nowhere and it ruled.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

El Gallinero Gros posted:

:v:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

kidcoelacanth posted:

This, except the opposite. I remember one in particular where he broke out this white guy announcer voice out of nowhere and it ruled.

Big E does his best work on Main Event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JJVwbKDso0

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big E is really not fond of answering questions in backstage interviews. What is he hiding?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWtu0PF23rs

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

oatgan posted:

Big E is really not fond of answering questions in backstage interviews. What is he hiding?

The man said it himself: He just wanted to enjoy some fine quality sausage.

(Seriously, Vince, your eternal quest for a black top guy? BIG E.)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Big E's not really good at traditional promos. He's stilted, he seems like he forgets his lines (even if he actually doesn't), looks around awkwardly for no reason, and it never really sounds natural.

But when he's able to bring out a little bit of his personality (on Backstage Fallout, a Howard Cosell impersonation, YO CENA I GOT THE MIC NOW), he's really good. He's probably not going to get that type of promo when they push him to at a higher spot on the card, so he's going to have to improve on regular promos dramatically.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I liked that promo he cut on Bo Dallas in NXT one time where every sentence start with "Bo...."

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
drat you, Bo-lly Gunn!!! :argh:

PWInsider posted:

JJ sent word that at last night's NXT show in Daytona, FL, Billy Gunn reffed the main event with NXT Champion Bo Dallas and Sami Zayn. Gunn turned on Zayn to help Dallas retain.

Sami Zayn on Twitter posted:

Hey @RealBillyGunn, this ain't over.

The story here was apparently Triple H told him to do this because it's "best for business".

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Why am I actually excited for the idea of Billy Gunn vs. Sami Zayn?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

NienNunb posted:

Why am I actually excited for the idea of Billy Gunn vs. Sami Zayn?

Maybe you're just an rear end man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Because they'll bump like hell for each other.

Add in Ziggler and the energy created from the sells will be enough to wipe out the US national debt...