Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
These are all pretty drat cool (from Visions of Heresy Book):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Is it out? I had heard that they were going to release a new version of it.

Aries
Jun 6, 2006
Computer says no.
That first image is great, especially the detail of Sanguinius in the background.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Those two beetleback Warlords beating the crap out of each other is pretty badass too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
More art of titans drunkenly punching each other please, TIA.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Shadowhand00 posted:

This is gorgeous, but why is there a giant eye inside a stargate in the background? (Sorry i cannot unsee it).

GW makes some of the most gorgeous art, however i kind of miss the awesome hand drawn stuff, i find a lot of the newer stuff looks really 3D in some places (e.g. the titans).

I miss this kind of art:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I really like the Ultramarines on the ground just looking up and not giving a gently caress. In fact, I think they are going to race towards the melee.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Shadowhand00 posted:

Is that an Alpha Legion Titan on the left versus an Ultramarine Titan on the right?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Well yeah, wouldn't you? Even for a Space Marine that fight isn't one you're likely to see twice.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pyrolocutus posted:

Is that an Alpha Legion Titan on the left versus an Ultramarine Titan on the right?

Nah, the Titan legions are all independent bodies with their own names and traditions.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

VanSandman posted:

Well yeah, wouldn't you? Even for a Space Marine that fight isn't one you're likely to see twice.

I'm wondering more why there are no Skitarii support troops to be seen anywhere in this picture. What are these Space Marines doing there next to the Omnissiah's god machines, I say :colbert:

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

PrBacterio posted:

I'm wondering more why there are no Skitarii support troops to be seen anywhere in this picture. What are these Space Marines doing there next to the Omnissiah's god machines, I say :colbert:

In the old days, Space Marines and Imperial Army used to operate as the sole mechanized/infantry support of deployed Titans.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Cream_Filling posted:

Nah, the Titan legions are all independent bodies with their own names and traditions.

I could swear there are references to Titans or rather Ordaxes pretty much permanently attached to a certain Legion and thus accepting that Legion's colors.

In any case the one on the left most closely represents World Eater colors. :smuggo:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Vorenus posted:

I could swear there are references to Titans or rather Ordaxes pretty much permanently attached to a certain Legion and thus accepting that Legion's colors.

In any case the one on the left most closely represents World Eater colors. :smuggo:

I believe you are entirely correct. The Iron Warriors kept their titans, anyway. I think the reorganization of the Imperium after the heresy split the titans from the legions permanently.

Aries
Jun 6, 2006
Computer says no.
Such images look like they were pulled straight out of a videogame; as said above, looks like they were rendered in a 3D modelling program.

Which brings me to a question: when and where from is the next 40K game coming?

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax
Nowhere. That's how HH book covers have been done since first release.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Aries posted:

Such images look like they were pulled straight out of a videogame; as said above, looks like they were rendered in a 3D modelling program.

Creative Assembly (the total war guys) are working on a game, as are Relic. But they haven't even been officially announced.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

hopterque posted:

Creative Assembly (the total war guys) are working on a game, as are Relic. But they haven't even been officially announced.

Wait, has Relic confirmed they still have the license and are working on another 40k game? I want this to be true, but I'd like some confirmation first.

Aries
Jun 6, 2006
Computer says no.

hopterque posted:

Creative Assembly are working on a 40K game? This could be amazing.

edit: Goddammit, they've only got the licence for Warhammer Fantasy, not 40k :(.

edit2: Slitherine (makers of Panzer Corps, a well-received strategy game) are making a turn-based strategy game based on the 2nd war for Armageddon, out 1st quarter 2014. Could be interesting.

Aries fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Oct 17, 2013

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Aries posted:

Some guys who don't realize the MMORPG genre is a dead end are working on another 40K Online. The noteworthy part about it is that people who play for free can only be ork boyz. Thread

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Are you talking about Dark Millennium? I've read that they've gone single-player.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
You're right that Dark Millenium went singleplayer once things turned real sour, but I think it disappeared off the face of the Earth when their publisher went bankrupt. This new thing is called Eternal Crusade and is made by a studio that specialize in terrible movie games.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

berzerkmonkey posted:

Those two beetleback Warlords beating the crap out of each other is pretty badass too.

I think they might be reavers

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
What kind of video game do they look like they're pulled from? The only one that looks particularly noticeable is the 3rd, the other 2 could pass as hand drawn to almost anyone.

If you want to see really lovely 3D rendering as art, just look at old BL books.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

lenoon posted:

I think they might be reavers
Nope - Warlords. The head on the right I think is a Crusader variant (though it's been about a million years and I can't remember anymore). Reavers tend to have a flatter, more streamlined head.

As for their legion colors, the left is (probably) the Fire Masters and the right is (probably) the True Messengers (Legio Praesagius) fighting over Ithraca (according to the BL.) Honestly, the left titan looks like the scheme for the Warp Runners, but whatever.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 17, 2013

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Nice, I hadn't seen that variant before. Fits in much better with the reavers and the old-model warhounds before they got all boxy.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

UberJumper posted:

This is gorgeous, but why is there a giant eye inside a stargate in the background? (Sorry i cannot unsee it).
Look at Horus's chest too.

Zengbo
Jun 25, 2006

I pity the fool who messes with my tea!
Has anyone read the Deff Skwadron comics? Is it worth £15?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Zengbo posted:

Yes and yes.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Im so close to just buying you a replacement avatar man, It's scary enough reading about the inevitable descent of mankind into a psychic mutation hell without seeing that.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Awwww... but I like my Maggie avatar.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
just replace it with Ghazkhull with Maggie's Hair Photoshopped on.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Aries posted:

Streum On Studio is doing a Space Hulk FPS.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Streum On Studio is doing a Space Hulk FPS.

Who are the maniacs which made E.Y.E. the Divinecybermancy. What I'm trying to say is that it'll be great.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Oh god, I hated Divine Cybermancy. Am I the only person on the planet who hates it?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Baron Bifford posted:

Oh god, I hated Divine Cybermancy. Am I the only person on the planet who hates it?

Yes, bolters will finally be done properly in a game.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Its by no means a great game. Or even 'good' by any standards. However, they captured the feel and atmosphere of something close to 40k. There is no doubt that the game oozes a strange style and I think that with proper direction, the developers of E.Y.E. could produce a very grimdark 40k FPS. I think that all the 40k games that have been produced so far have been rather light-hearted and I think a proper darker-themed game would be nice.

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
It will never happen, but I would kill for an Inquisition Survival Horror Game.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Zengbo posted:

It's arguably the best thing to come out of GW.

Baron Bifford posted:

I didn't like it too but a multiplayer version of Space Hulk that plays similar to say Left 4 Dead sounds pretty fun.

I'm not sure how much fun playing as a terminator would be though given how slow you'd move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
As fast as any other marine?