Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DOOMocrat posted:

There aren't many. Haunters are in the spooky looking woods, Gothelle's are in the Pokemon Village before the 8th badge. Espurr is the psychic du jour this gen, it looks like. Pretty sure you can find Siglyph's pretty early on as well.

In addition to this you can find Goletts on the same route as Siglyph, Honedge on Route 6, there are Solosis in the cave with all the mirrors before the third gym, and Ralts and Abra, but I can't remember where you find them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Did I miss a certain route/area in the game or are there just not that many Ghost/Psychic Pokemon?
There are quite a few ghost types. Haunter can be found in route 14 and victory road, litwick and rotom can be found in the lost hotel, phantump and pumpkaboo can be found in route 16, gollet can be found in route 7, and trevenant can be found in route 20.

Edit: beaten and I somehow forgot about honedge. :negative:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Did I miss a certain route/area in the game or are there just not that many Ghost/Psychic Pokemon?

The fire starter turns psychic, and you can catch Ralts really early on, so that's either Psychic/Fairy or Psychic/Fighting depending on gender.

There's Spoink in the first mountain region, Woobat in the caves, Espurr is solid (if kind of dull, like a faster version of Munna from last gen) and...that's all I can think of.

Grass types are everywhere though, I'm loaded 'em. You can find Ferroseed in the Reflecting Cave (they drop from the ceiling) and that's a pretty outstanding grass type on its own. I think there's supposed to be a Grass/Ghost type too, but I ain't seen poo poo.

Can anyone tell me when the flower fairy evolves to its third form? I've gotten her up to level 37 and that's usually where everything else likes to evolve...is this another stone evo?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Can anyone tell me when the flower fairy evolves to its third form? I've gotten her up to level 37 and that's usually where everything else likes to evolve...is this another stone evo?

I think it requires a Leaf StoneShiny Stone.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I never ran into a Phantump but I ran into Trevenant several times.

Also I just found out hes named Trevenant and not Treeviant and I'm so disappointed

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
So I got a Zoroak with pokerus via wonder trade (:swoon:). If I stick the Zoroak into the daycare with a ditto does it lose the pokerus virus? Does it transfer to the babies?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Zhent posted:

So, a ghost robot can learn to fly but a butterfly can't? Oh this game.

Thanks to both, I may go that route. For now I just grabbed a Pidgey. I have Delphox to cover all ,y fire needs so far.

I used to fly around in a Drifblim, all villainous-like.

Let me tell you about crushing disappointments: I learned the hard way that Beedrill can't learn Fly. It can't participate in sky battles, either, but maybe that's for the best because [Bug type]. I had to throw it on my Pidgeot.

I think that after the Elite 4 is done I am going to put together a more inspired team. I already started that process by swapping in Goomy:kimchi:, but I've got a Gible and/or Gulpin that I wanna work into there somehow, too. Blobby pokemon.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So I beat the game last night and I've started breeding up some mons. How the hell are you supposed to catch up a bunch of L1 monsters in the postgame? There isn't an entire half of the map to explore like in B/W, and it's not like there's a L70 Audino outside of PokeVersailles for me to beat up on over and over. Is it really just "Go the Unknown Cave and/or Elite Four and grind like a motherfucker"?

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Not sure if this is the correct thread to do this but I'm looking for more friend safari people. I have a Breloom, Sawk, and meinfoo on mine. I'm really looking for someone with a froakie or frogdier on theirs but anyone else is welcome. My code is 5413-1184-4624

And for something on topic, do I get anything for doing that post-game detective quest or is it just for more story?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Artix posted:

So I beat the game last night and I've started breeding up some mons. How the hell are you supposed to catch up a bunch of L1 monsters in the postgame? There isn't an entire half of the map to explore like in B/W, and it's not like there's a L70 Audino outside of PokeVersailles for me to beat up on over and over. Is it really just "Go the Unknown Cave and/or Elite Four and grind like a motherfucker"?

Go to luminose city, go hail a cab and go to "Fine Dining" and then Restaurant Le Wow. Costs 100k to enter, 5 (?) battles of 60+ pokemon (one of which has a audino in it for nice XP) get 150-200k pokedollars in prize money and items back. Rinse and repeat.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Artix posted:

I might be remembering wrong but I think I read that in the higher levels of the Battle Chateau there's someone that uses 3 Audinos

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

horchata posted:

Not sure if this is the correct thread to do this but I'm looking for more friend safari people. I have a Breloom, Sawk, and meinfoo on mine. I'm really looking for someone with a froakie or frogdier on theirs but anyone else is welcome. My code is 5413-1184-4624

And for something on topic, do I get anything for doing that post-game detective quest or is it just for more story?

Added you.

FC: 4828 - 4204 - 9261

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have spammed tips everywhere and been in the friend safari for the past couple days

Where is my shiny Espurr game

It's all I ask

Edit: Also if anyone has me added can you tell me what Pokemon are in my Safari? Trainer name is Sift

Also why are ghost safari's so rare, I have like 50 people on my list and only ONE person has Ghost

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Lame Devil posted:

So how have people's experience been with the random online battling? Does everyone just use the legendaries? I am refusing to touch it until I breed a team.

I haven't played any battling online yet but in few/no rules like random match, people tend to gravitate to the strongest Pokemon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Artix posted:

In addition to what everyone said, there's an Exp. O-power and you can use them on yourself.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

How high do the levels in the Battle Chateau get anyways? It'd be neat if they just kept it going all the way to 100.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Macaluso posted:

I never ran into a Phantump but I ran into Trevenant several times.

I always saw Phantump and Pumpkaboo in the same patches of grass.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So I'm getting a Pumpkaboo and I can't decide to get small or super size. I don't care about stats since it only about a 20 point different in speed and hp. Can some goons help me decide?

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

How high do the levels in the Battle Chateau get anyways? It'd be neat if they just kept it going all the way to 100.

50 by default so far, don't know if my rank can go any higher. You can also issue writs that increase your opponent's levels by 5, 10 or even 20 for the rest of the day.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Txn posted:

I'm disappointed of my safari zone, it's a steel-type zone filled with Magnetons and Klangs.

But who DOESN'T want a Klang named Giggitygear?

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

nutranurse posted:

So I got a Zoroak with pokerus via wonder trade (:swoon:). If I stick the Zoroak into the daycare with a ditto does it lose the pokerus virus? Does it transfer to the babies?

Apparently Pokerus never goes away in this gen. I caught it extremely early on in the game, on one of the first routes, and my pokemon still have it. I just beat the Elite 4. Not sure if the daycare would affect this at all, but I don't see why it would.

edit: Actually, just checked my pokemon, and it looks like they all stopped being contagious. Sorry, I misunderstood the mechanics of it. I've put just under 30 hours into the game, if that's any indication as to how long it lasts. I guess that still doesn't answer your question about the daycare though...ignore this dumb post.

JoeGlassJAw fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 17, 2013

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Apparently Pokerus never goes away in this gen. I caught it extremely early on in the game, on one of the first routes, and my pokemon still have it. I just beat the Elite 4. Not sure if the daycare would affect this at all, but I don't see why it would.

Pokerus has never "gone away", is just stops being contagious. Does your Pokemon still infect new ones?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It doesn't go away but it stops being infectious is the Pokemon is in your party during the rollover from 11:59PM to 12:00AM, being in a PC Box stops that, I'm not sure if them being in a daycare stops it either.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

JoeGlassJAw posted:

This really is the generation in which they're trying to make it as easy as possible to get into competive play.

Egg moves stream lined, EV training actually acknowledged and easy to keep track of, Hidden Abilities easier, heck with Friend Safari guaranteeing good IVs on Pokemon it's going to be a lot simpler to create a competitive team.

Hot Pants Jesus
Mar 8, 2013
Adding my FC in case anyone needs it, though I am kind of wishing for someone with Eevee, Frogadier, Ditto, and Noibat in their areas for Friend Safari so I can start building my team.

FC: 0490-4795-8547
Name: Thadan
IGN: Rasha

So, yeah. Just beat the Elite Four.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nutranurse posted:

What. How did I never notice this.

The first "fake" (it was presented as a joke) pokemon I ever heard about was from Nintendo Power. The legendary bird Squacktro.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I don't know a whole lot of dudes who play Pokemon and my Friend Safari is looking pretty barren, so if anyone would add me that'd be great.

5386-8395-2739

I'll go ahead and add a bunch of the other codes that've been posted ITT.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Smogon recommends putting EVs in Sp Def for Lapras, but I feel like Defense gave it better bulk against Fighting types. Where should I put them?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Are there any item maniacs in this game like B/W? Or am I safe to sell all my nuggets?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Kurieg posted:

It doesn't go away but it stops being infectious is the Pokemon is in your party during the rollover from 11:59PM to 12:00AM, being in a PC Box stops that, I'm not sure if them being in a daycare stops it either.

In case anyone is confused about this, there are multiple strains of pokerus (?) and it varies how long a pokemon will remain infectious for. The strain mine have goes away if the pokemon is in the party at midnight on two occasions (not necessarily consecutive).

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

horriblePencilist posted:

Smogon recommends putting EVs in Sp Def for Lapras, but I feel like Defense gave it better bulk against Fighting types. Where should I put them?

If I had to guess, since Lapras tends to be an HP tank, the Sp Def is to keep it from getting wrecked by electric and grass moves.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Yeah, I probably should mainly put them here, but I guess I'll put some in Def nontheless.

Can you catch Lotad? I need my Ludicolo fix.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

You can find Lombre by surfing in some places.

e: How do I connect to Global Link? My game gives me an ID but I can't find anywhere to enter it.

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 17, 2013

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I probably should mainly put them here, but I guess I'll put some in Def nontheless.

I think I got my Lombre by surfing in route 16 but you can probably find one earlier than that

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Are there any item maniacs in this game like B/W? Or am I safe to sell all my nuggets?

You can get an infinite amount of nuggets and get such large amounts at a time, that even if one is found, you should probably just sell them off in the meantime.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Pokerus doesn't seem to be a very big deal this generation with Super Training existing.

Although in theory, if one were to happen to have a friend whose Friend Safari solely contained two pokemon that coincidentally gave identical EVs for a particular stat, would that perhaps be faster than Super Training with all the usual appropriate EV training stuff? Friend Safari has a lot of potential with the ability to restrict the pokemon you can fight in a single grass patch, and if you had enough friends with the right pokemon it could be pretty useful.

Not sure if it's more useful or quicker than Super Training though. It'd certainly be a pain unless you had every single goon friended and got lucky with it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Slate Action posted:

They're available from the Battle Maison in the postgame, priced at 16 BP each.

It's worth noting too that it's easier to get BP in XY than in BW2. Here you get 1 or more BP per win, and the fights start out dirt easy.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I wish there was an endless mode in Super Training.
I don't mind the minigame and it's a great feeling to finish training on a mon, but it's kinda tedious starting the regimen over and over again.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

gently caress you, Dragonair. You fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The Elite Four has quite a thing for theatrics

• Locked thread