Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

I am not one of those guys who needs to be sexually attracted to females in a video game to enjoy them, but my god, it has to be said, Why are boobs so loving low in this game? Every female GTAO character looks near-elderly (even if they are not) due to the fact that they have this GIANT flat chest/sternum and then boobs down below.

It's weird.

Well excuse my character for never wearing a bra. They are for chumps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I customized my license plate in the iFruit app and applied it to my starter car. It's now sitting in my garage, and I'm wondering if it's possible for me to apply it to future cars I'll acquire, or if it's a one-plate-one-character-one-car deal.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

You can definitely put it on multiple vehicles. My friends certainly have. On cars and bikes.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

MacheteZombie posted:

This is such a lame excuse to abuse exploits. "I hosed off a bunch and wasted my money and don't wanna do it again."

I get people doing it because the game ate your modded car or something, but doing it to avoid your medical costs and stuff is lame.

I, too, am baffled why people would forego doing something time consuming which they don't consider fun, in order to quickly get to doing what they consider fun. It isn't fair, afterall.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

How do I tell how long I am a bad sport for?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

ALFbrot posted:

I customized my license plate in the iFruit app and applied it to my starter car. It's now sitting in my garage, and I'm wondering if it's possible for me to apply it to future cars I'll acquire, or if it's a one-plate-one-character-one-car deal.

Yep, just select your preferred color and then "private" at LSC.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Hockles posted:

Yep, just select your preferred color and then "private" at LSC.

Awesome, thanks

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Someguy posted:

There are a bunch of easy strats for Base Invaders, you can land at the farthest plane, plant a sticky on it, run up to the others, snipe the pilots and sticky them, then detonate them all at the same time reducing the time you spend running around with the base alarm going off. Or you can just jump in the jet that spawns in the middle of the base and crush everything with your guns.

It's probably one of the easier missions to solo even on hard.

My favourite is the start the mission in LS and call Lester for a helicopter, which is always a Buzzard if you’re above a certain rank. Take the Buzzard to the air base and use it to destroy the Lazers and soldiers with lock‐on.

frontlineKHAAAN! posted:

10. Colour code the text message pop-ups so you know if the invite is from a crew mate or a pubbie. I shouldn't have to memorise the 299 other members of my crew, especially if they aren't in the same session as me.

Invites from crew members just say “Invite to MISSION” on the list on your phone instead of giving the details. You can also disallow invites from pubbies in the options menu.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

TescoBag posted:

There's usually a pop-up notice above your map when you're signed in but I'm not getting it this time and I'm certain there's no other way to be told.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

TescoBag posted:

Every little bit a pop-up will show on the lower left-hand corner above your map. usually starts at 2 days REAL TIME.

I have 3 more hours then im back to try to be a good boy again :)

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
ANy other bad-sport goons wanna run some missions or races or something? bored, need to burn these next few hours till bad sport goes away

GT

traaumatized

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

all apologies posted:

Every little bit a pop-up will show on the lower left-hand corner above your map. usually starts at 2 days REAL TIME.

I have 3 more hours then im back to try to be a good boy again :)

16 hours to go. Ugh.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sorry that I'm a pretty gently caress-awful driver part of the time, Zmanl0p6. :smith:

Edit: Also, thanks for helping me gain a couple of levels. :unsmith:

chirico cuvie fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 17, 2013

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Lunethex posted:

There's usually a pop-up notice above your map when you're signed in but I'm not getting it this time and I'm certain there's no other way to be told.
You also get the notification when you blow up a personal car, then it adds 24 hours to the timer.

I think if you start a job and back out of the lobby or enter/exit the online store it'll display the timer again.

FWIW this moring I logged in and still had my dunce cap on, and played for 20 minutes before I realized I wasn't in Bad Sport lobby anymore, and could change my hat.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

The Walrus posted:

Really? You don't see how loving around in freeroam should be an integral part of the game? You really think you should have to choose between an apartment that takes at least 10 ingame hours to save up for and maaaaaybe 2 hours of ammo and hospital bills for freeroam fuckery?
These things aren't mutually exclusive. You can buy your apartment, then go gently caress around paying cheap medical bills while you have like $5000 to your name, because you're not risking anything. Ammo is cheap.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Reo posted:

These things aren't mutually exclusive. You can buy your apartment, then go gently caress around paying cheap medical bills while you have like $5000 to your name, because you're not risking anything. Ammo is cheap.

It gets quite expensive actually, depending on your WOC

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
So I picked up a hooker as a female character in online, and some dude drove by while I was getting service and honked in support, so I was wondering if any goons can take a snapshot of me. For the memories.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

The Walrus posted:

Really? You don't see how loving around in freeroam should be an integral part of the game? You really think you should have to choose between an apartment that takes at least 10 ingame hours to save up for and maaaaaybe 2 hours of ammo and hospital bills for freeroam fuckery?

I look at it like a cheat code. It doesn't affect other players' enjoyment, it only affects my own experience.

My experience without cheating is frustrating and limited.

My experience cheating doesn't allow me to go crazy, it just let me play the game in what I believe is the spirit it was originally intended.

I might be weird but I like the "not everyone having RPGS and tanks" progression of GTA V. I liked the grind first starting out. My Buccaneer and I against San Andreas, etc. Then I got into some rooftop rumble grinding and made 2 million dollars in an hour. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast with my newfound fortune and unlocked toys. Then it kind of grew old. I made some big purchases to make myself broke again, and by broke I mean I have a luxury apt and fancy sportscar but that's about it.

GTA IV was all about having typical GTA fun in a multiplayer environment. GTAV was meant to be a rags to riches thing much like singleplayer, in a multiplayer environment. It's ok if that's not your thing. It's also ok if other people like the grind. Taking a stance either way is pretty retarded though, albeit funny.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

all apologies posted:

A pistol is still one of the best guns and cheap to do this, but if you are throwing sticky bombs everywhere I guess so.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

all apologies posted:

Yeah I keep every gun at max ammo all the time because I like having essentially unlimited bullets (10k clips :toot:) and weapons are my second largest expenditure at 1.2 million, after car maintenance which is at 2.2 million.

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

It seems like Freeroam on public servers is about trying not to get screwed with and hopping from quick job to quick job. I got back into XBox live for this game after a long absence and as such I have a very very empty friends list. I would love to have a bunch of goons to run around with while I wait for a crew invite from one of the other threads. GT - goddimus

Zmanl0p6
Apr 7, 2007

i am gun drive a trane up u

chirico cuvie posted:

I'm sorry that I'm a pretty gently caress-awful driver part of the time, Zmanl0p6. :smith:

Edit: Also, thanks for helping me gain a couple of levels. :unsmith:

Haha, no worries, got a couple of levels myself. I'll be doing more later since I'm trying to get the chrome unlocks while the getting is good.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I was driving around in freeroam when I noticed these two guys with bounties in the same area... from looking at the map it looked like they were holding cover in an alley and fighting off a guy who was trying to claim the cash. lucky for me he was drawing all the attention as I drove by and ran them both over in a single pass :haw:

then I got my first bad sport warning when I blew up one of their cars as they chased me all across the map.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Here is my social club link http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/kormak1

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The loving cops impounded my car!!!! loving pigs.

E: got it back. No one steals my pink low rider.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 17, 2013

KiloVictorDongs
Apr 12, 2007
SOME PIG

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

The loving cops impounded my car!!!! loving pigs.

E: got it back. No one steals my pink low rider.

How do you do this? Every time I go to the drat lot I can see my car there, but the gates never open. If I manage to somehow get in, I still can't get my car out.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

KiloVictorDongs posted:

How do you do this? Every time I go to the drat lot I can see my car there, but the gates never open. If I manage to somehow get in, I still can't get my car out.

Go around to the back and hop in. The gate directly in front of your car will open.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

:siren: new glitch :siren:

This happened maybe an hour ago with a couple goons so I've yet to thoroughly test it, but what happened was I started participating in a gang attack at Sandy Shores, but I don't think I killed anybody. Then, I accepted Mixed Up With Coke and invited people like normal. When the mission started we were at Sandy Shores but the Gang Attack was still happening, so I started killing enemies. After all the enemies were dead I got into a nearby plane, drove through a yellow checkpoint that had appeared, and got "Mission Passed". Everyone in the room got $18,000 except for me ($500)

So basically, interrupt a Gang Attack with a mission and that Gang Attack becomes the objective for the mission you accepted?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Agoat posted:

Go around to the back and hop in. The gate directly in front of your car will open.

Yeah, I didn't shoot the cops either, just ran past them, because I didn't want more than 2 stars. Was pretty easy.

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups

GangsterIsland posted:

Did he offer it to you on his own and you declined it at least? Or the first time you ever saw it was calling him?

I verified my original concept last night. I started a new character and got him up to level 27, where he was then offered Base Invaders. I then made sure that I never accepted other mission offers from Ron. What threw me off was that even though I received and completed the mission, when I tried to call Ron again I wasn't able to because of the "Wait till Ron has a mission for you" lock.

Right when I hit level 30 though, I got a pop up mission saying "Call Ron for missions" and when I called I was able to get Base Invaders again. So it seems like even though the mission requirement is 27, I am guessing that 30 is when you can call for it? I know it doesn't make any sense, but that is what I was able to get from my observations.

But with all that said, I only get Base Invaders from Ron now. Basically 25k every 8 minutes (Timed it from load to load) : )

My next test will be to see if these missions get added to your pool if you accept a mission from another player. I won't be able to verify until around level 45 though, but stay tuned. I really wish I knew this info before I hit 85 on my first character, who constantly receives crappy missions from his contacts.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Johnnyonoes posted:

I verified my original concept last night. I started a new character and got him up to level 27, where he was then offered Base Invaders. I then made sure that I never accepted other mission offers from Ron. What threw me off was that even though I received and completed the mission, when I tried to call Ron again I wasn't able to because of the "Wait till Ron has a mission for you" lock.

Right when I hit level 30 though, I got a pop up mission saying "Call Ron for missions" and when I called I was able to get Base Invaders again. So it seems like even though the mission requirement is 27, I am guessing that 30 is when you can call for it? I know it doesn't make any sense, but that is what I was able to get from my observations.

But with all that said, I only get Base Invaders from Ron now. Basically 25k every 8 minutes (Timed it from load to load) : )

My next test will be to see if these missions get added to your pool if you accept a mission from another player. I won't be able to verify until around level 45 though, but stay tuned. I really wish I knew this info before I hit 85 on my first character, who constantly receives crappy missions from his contacts.

How do you level a character up so fast :stare:

It's taken me a week to get to 23.

Hot Dog Day #38
May 16, 2004

Robawesome posted:

This happened maybe an hour ago with a couple goons so I've yet to thoroughly test it, but what happened was I started participating in a gang attack at Sandy Shores, but I don't think I killed anybody. Then, I accepted Mixed Up With Coke and invited people like normal. When the mission started we were at Sandy Shores but the Gang Attack was still happening, so I started killing enemies. After all the enemies were dead I got into a nearby plane, drove through a yellow checkpoint that had appeared, and got "Mission Passed". Everyone in the room got $18,000 except for me ($500)

So basically, interrupt a Gang Attack with a mission and that Gang Attack becomes the objective for the mission you accepted?

This was good but I wish we could have figured out how to reliably spawn the cargobob on Base Invaders.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

How do you level a character up so fast :stare:

It's taken me a week to get to 23.

Mixed up with Coke and a high level friend, presumably.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Robawesome posted:

Several days ago I was doing some Mixed up with Coke with goons and on the first run one of the guys ended up with only 500 at the end as well. We were all wondering why he only got 500, but I guess this explains it.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Anyone else experiencing a bug where it doesn't recognize that you're in a crew? At first the Goon Street emblem wouldn't load on my jacket, and now it's saying that I have no crew. On social club it still says I'm in it, just not in game. Exiting and reloading doesn't seem to work.

GangsterIsland
Jul 7, 2011

It's

GIBBS

Ho
I've done some race swapping and a few missions today, now I feel like goofing around in free roam. Any PS3 goons (hopefully with a mic) want to mess with some pubbies? PSN: sporkfish22

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Soggy Muffin posted:

Anyone else experiencing a bug where it doesn't recognize that you're in a crew? At first the Goon Street emblem wouldn't load on my jacket, and now it's saying that I have no crew. On social club it still says I'm in it, just not in game. Exiting and reloading doesn't seem to work.

That happened to me yesterday. I think I went into the start menu -> crews (to make sure the crew was checked) and then quit online and went back in and it was fixed.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

all apologies posted:

Ammo is mainly expensive because your capacity increases surprisingly quickly, which means that after 10 minutes of fighting dudes, you've probably added 500 ammo to your max capacity and not even realized it. Eventually they all reach 9999 and it doesn't matter however, ammo is cheap as long as you focus on the wepaons you use instead of ALL of them, or simply don't bother to cap the ammo every time you go to the store.

TheOne
May 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT RUINING EVERYBODY'S LIFE
me and a buddy are trying to refine the process, but if you swap insured cars before the end of a mission, it will duplicate yours and your friends cars. you should get 4. as long as it not a super car you should be able to sell it. I got a fully modded sultan and he has a dominator. We go sell the duplicate ( 88,000$ ) and get in our original. You still need to wait an in game day after you sell it, but nice little bonus every 42 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanth
Jun 15, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

TheOne posted:

me and a buddy are trying to refine the process, but if you swap insured cars before the end of a mission, it will duplicate yours and your friends cars. you should get 4. as long as it not a super car you should be able to sell it. I got a fully modded sultan and he has a dominator. We go sell the duplicate ( 88,000$ ) and get in our original. You still need to wait an in game day after you sell it, but nice little bonus every 42 minutes.

Might not even have to do it in a mission, I left my tricked out Karin Rebel near the helipad at Sandy Shores yesterday, crashed the heli a short time after, called the mechanic for the Rebel, and when I got to the helipad the old one had not despawned yet. Don't know if this works reliably though, but at the very least it wasn't marked as a personal car anymore.

• Locked thread