Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

King of the Karp posted:

Adding Ectral, Sharktamer, SebastianK for safari purposes. I've been told mine provides Riolus and some other fighting types, I think. Friend code is 2380-3116-8687, let me know if you add me!

sharktamer posted:

Gonna boost my safari a bit more: 3179-6382-6458. PM me or reply here if you add me.

Slightly Toasted posted:

Added all you bitches. 3480-3680-4069

SebastianK posted:

If anyone wants Growlithe or Braixen I've got some in my friend safari, and I'm looking to add more people for it anyway. 2208 5451 4922 is my FC, throw me a PM or whatever if you add me and I'll add you back.

Thek posted:

Added you.

Not sure what my safari contains yet! My code is 1977-0687-2366

Added~

2019-9655-6466

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Schubalts posted:

Wow, I just found Trevor's house. His parent's basically abandoned him and his big sister just to go train their Pokémon around the world. :smith:

Yup. Stuff like that is why I actually kinda-sorta like the crew. They have stories and reasons for being how they are. That and the girl who takes the pokemon weak to your starter is rather nice.

Well, then again I really don't like the new actual "rival" friend. He/She doesn't even count as a speed bump.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Paper Triangle posted:

I've just beaten the game and I'm fooling around with the friend safari. If "Friend A" has beaten the elite 4 and we're online at the same time, do all three of the pokemon in his safari have a hidden ability? Or just the third one? In this case the 3rd is a Braixen who I guess ought to have Magician as a hidden ability, but I'm not sure what this Ponyta or this Slugma are supposed to have. Is there a way to check? I guess with Magician I can just test it out in battle.

Also, if I'm trying to speed level some starters I traded/bred just to get the early pokedex entries filled in, what's the best way? One of the cafes? I haven't been to any yet and I'm not sure how they work.

All of the pokemon will have a chance to have their hidden ability, not just the 3rd.

As for leveling, I like doing the Triple Battle at Le Wow (the 3-star restaurant) because it makes good cash, it's pretty fast provided you use strong, high level dudes (all the pokemon in the Triple Battle there are around level 66), and a few of the pokemon used in it (Audino, Togekiss) give big EXP. Make sure to make use of the Exp and Prize Money O-Powers, too.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

All of the pokemon will have a chance to have their hidden ability, not just the 3rd.

As for leveling, I like doing the Triple Battle at Le Wow (the 3-star restaurant) because it makes good cash, it's pretty fast provided you use strong, high level dudes (all the pokemon in the Triple Battle there are around level 66), and a few of the pokemon used in it (Audino, Togekiss) give big EXP. Make sure to make use of the Exp and Prize Money O-Powers, too.

Thanks for the advice. Is there a way to check and see if the Braixen I captured (or any other friend safari 'mon for that matter) has the hidden ability?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So where is the Mewtwo/Zygarde cave?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Paper Triangle posted:

Thanks for the advice. Is there a way to check and see if the Braixen I captured (or any other friend safari 'mon for that matter) has the hidden ability?

Yes. Check its ability. The hidden ones for the three starters are Magician for fennekin, protean for froakie and bulletproof for chespin. The rest you'd have to google.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Paper Triangle posted:

For the one you already captured, just check its summary screen. Braixen's hidden ability is Magician.

For uncaptured pokemon, use a poke with the Trace ability (some Ralts have it), which copies the opponent's ability and shows you what it is.

Macaluso posted:

They're in different caves. Mewtwo is in the cave in the pokemon village, Zygarde is at the bottom of Terminus Cave.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Gym leader characterization feels a lot weaker here compared to Unova. Granted, they apparently show up from time to time at the Battle Mansion, but outside of that, I think I've only met two of the gym leaders outside of their gym. I hope this gets addressed in Z or I/J or R/Θ, Unova has spoiled me in that regard.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Paper Triangle posted:

Leave the safari and check them in your PC. Ability is listed on the stats screen there. Braixen's hidden ability is Magician, in case you don't know.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Mewtwo is found in the cave on the northern part of Pokemon village.

Zygarde is in the Terminus mines.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Macaluso posted:

Mewtwo: Pokemon Village. If you try to go before you become Champion, someone will block the way.
Zygarde: Terminus Cave just north of where you battle Sycamore the second time. It's pretty deep and if you try getting to where it is before you become Champion, someone will block the way.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

How do you get Poison Jab on Pangoro? Is it an egg move?

It's a TM in Shalour City's pokemart.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Uh, is wild pokemon being attracted to your lead's type a thing? I was trying to find a Hawlucha in Route 10 and had the new Psychic cat as lead. Nothing but Sigilyphs. Sigilyphs for loving days. I could have sworn they were rare my first time through. Put a Fletchinder as my lead, very next poke is Hawlucha.

Just confirmation bias or is this real?

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I love Wonder Trade. My girlfriend looked at me like I was crazy when I squealed in delight at my new Eevee buddy.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
That all makes total sense, I just assumed "hidden" ability meant that it wasn't visible in the summary screen. Thanks!

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Dehry posted:

That mysterious Backpacker that gives out the Strange Souvenir is officially not from the other regions.

What I think is more interesting is that, at some point, someone comments that your player character doesn't smell like they're from Kalos and to the best of my recollection while you're said to have just moved to the region you're not said to have come from anywhere else in particular. I'm curious if they're putting in some references to GenVII already, or if Z might not have another smaller region (Poke-London?) that you go to.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

Mewtwo: Pokemon Village. If you try to go before you become Champion, someone will block the way.
Zygarde: Terminus Cave just north of where you battle Sycamore the second time. It's pretty deep and if you try getting to where it is before you become Champion, someone will block the way.

Reminalt posted:

Mewtwo is found in the cave on the northern part of Pokemon village.

Zygarde is in the Terminus mines.

Cool thanks!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
We don't need no mega stones!

...or decent type coverage. This team was pretty fun though. Fairy types are really good. I turned off Exp share before the 6th gym so by the end game I wasn't horribly overleveled. The Elite 4 was pretty fun! All of them were challenging except for the fire lady who went down like a chump. Sir Steel wiped out half my team. I was mega disappointed in the champion though. Easily the worst champ in the series, all of her pokemon were OHKOd except for the mega, which just went down in two hits. No idea why she sucked so much compared to the rest of the E4.

Anyways, some of you might be interested in the fact that my friend safari has :byodood:DITTO:byodood:. Add me if you need to catch them since the other Ditto guy is full; 3625 8651 6138

EDIT: Also Carbink is a boss. Everyone that hates on him can get out.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Anyways, some of you might be interested in the fact that my friend safari has :byodood:DITTO:byodood:. Add me if you need to catch them since the other Ditto guy is full; 3625 8651 6138

Added this awesome guy/guyette right here

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky

JoeGlassJAw posted:

1392-4742-2528

Samael posted:

0061-0189-8488

LAY-ZX posted:

5386-8395-2739

lokipunk posted:

1607-1926-9784

Lame Devil posted:

5429-7183-5581

LoinclothedJesus posted:

0490-4795-8547

Disargeria posted:

1650-1398-5943

Reacean posted:

2723-9513-5709

sharktamer posted:

3179-6382-6458

Ectral posted:

2638-0260-0967

I don't have safari just yet, but i added all of you for when I do get it or if anyone wants to be trading buddies or anything. I'm sorry if I missed somebody. :blush:

My friend code is 5069-5363-4146 if anyone still needs more people to add. Just let me know if you add me and I'll add you back.

I finally made it to the third town with a gym! It feels like an accomplishment after spending so much time sightseeing and catching all the wild pokemon I could along the way.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
^^^^I'll add you too.

Internet Kraken posted:

I'd love to add you. My FC is 1822-0006-3279. I have nothing of value at all in my Friend Safari, sorry.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

^^^^^^^^^^ Added both of you folks

I'm also told my safari is kinda crappy unless you enjoy shuckles

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Level Slide posted:

Gym leader characterization feels a lot weaker here compared to Unova. Granted, they apparently show up from time to time at the Battle Mansion, but outside of that, I think I've only met two of the gym leaders outside of their gym. I hope this gets addressed in Z or I/J or R/Θ, Unova has spoiled me in that regard.

Yeah, I'm wondering if they fired the writer from BW between the anemic gyms and the god awful villainous team plot. Did we really have to run with (are we spoiling this? The dude's not exactly subtle) Mister "My Hair Exploded so I will make Everything Explode" after N? I liked N. I'm still hoping he'll pop up at the Pokemon Village at some event muttering to himself about how he has to go back to Unova to stop Ghetsis/return to the Plasma Castle for his weekly rear end-kicking. Why couldn't we have gotten someone else like N?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Internet Kraken posted:

We don't need no mega stones!

EDIT: Also Carbink is a boss. Everyone that hates on him can get out.

I'd like to get in in these dittos too - i'll give you the PokeRus to boot.

Balon
2294-4680-8035

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
So the guy who gave me the pokeradar says the target pokemon of the day is a Pachirisu, I brought him one thinking something would happen, and nothing did. What gives?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Balon posted:

I'd like to get in in these dittos too - i'll give you the PokeRus to boot.

Balon
2294-4680-8035

Give me your foul diseases too, Typhoid Balon.

5155-3090-6956

edit: Just a note if you add mine; I have Frogadiers and :siren:Krabby's:siren: lurking in my Safari.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 18, 2013

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Added you because I need some hot Ditto lovin'.

4210 5429 9598 is me. IGN Jymbo. My safari is Grass type. I know I've got Petlil and Tangela in there, but I don't know my 3rd 'mon (I've beaten Elite 4)

jymbojones fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 18, 2013

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Ahahah, Pokemon-amie is awesome! My Croagunk one-shotted a Horsea, with flavor text saying it wished to impress me, and then a single heart floats up from her. :swoon:

Also, tossing my FC out there. I'll people in a bit: 2895-7629-8748

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Alright, beat the Elite 4! Kind of over levelled, Clawitzer and Heliolisk demolished pretty much everything.

Internet Kraken posted:

Also added Rugginton, King of Karp, Internet Kraken, Thek, SebastienK, Slightly Toasted, and Sharktamer.

My FC is 3840-6567-4400 I don't know what I've got.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So if you were to EV train a Mr.Mime, what would you want him to do? I know he's not a top tier pokemon or anything but I want to use one solely because he scares the poo poo out of my brother. That fucker got a shiny Victorebell so I want revenge :argh: I have no idea what to have him do though. Just build him to be tanky so he can throw up reflect/light screen in double battles?

EDIT: Also if I don't add you and you asked, it's because I'm getting a lot of requests so I might miss one or two.

Soilmate
Feb 18, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

5370-0502-5397

If you still have spots :)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Oh my god. Mewtwo's battle music :allears:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Posting my FC here like everyone else: 0387-8872-9394.

Can anyone tell me what the 3rd pokemon I have for Safari is?

Khaal
Mar 22, 2008
Hate to clog up the thread with even more Friend safari jerking :blush: I'm adding everyone I see, here is my FC: 5370-1579-6098 (the more the merrier right?)

Also just beat the champ. Calm mind Sylveon :catstare:

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

Added a whole lot of you guys, my FC is: 2723-9513-5709.

For those of you that don't have PMs.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Khaal posted:

Hate to clog up the thread with even more Friend safari jerking :blush: I'm adding everyone I see, here is my FC: 5370-1579-6098 (the more the merrier right?)

Also just beat the champ. Calm mind Sylveon :catstare:

Added you!

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
I wanted to get a Sylveon but gently caress having to use the terrible Pokemon petting and lovely mini games for more than 1 minute.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

quote:

JoeGlassJAw posted:

1392-4742-2528

quote:

Samael posted:

0061-0189-8488

quote:

LAY-ZX posted:

5386-8395-2739

quote:

lokipunk posted:

1607-1926-9784

quote:

Lame Devil posted:

5429-7183-5581

quote:

LoinclothedJesus posted:

0490-4795-8547

quote:

withheldmcfakename posted:

0430-8840-8072

quote:

Disargeria posted:

1650-1398-5943

quote:

Reacean posted:

2723-9513-5709

quote:

sharktamer posted:

3179-6382-6458

quote:

Ectral posted:

2638-0260-0967

quote:

Anyways, some of you might be interested in the fact that my friend safari has DITTO. Add me if you need to catch them since the other Ditto guy is full; 3625 8651 6138

Gonna add you all tonight. Mine is: 2595-0733-5200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Macaluso posted:

Oh my god. Mewtwo's battle music :allears:

That was beautiful. Started off not liking it, but once it started going and became recognisable it was magical :allears:.

I've added all of you who just posted your FC's.

• Locked thread