Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Millions posted:

Added you.

FC: 5300-9018-9920, not sure my type yet.

Dark type with Cacturne and Vullaby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Since this is moving fast I'd like to ask everyone to try and add themselves onto the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiGAq6LFMm6RdHlEU09XLVRXMnJXUFhGZC1uWjFnZlE#gid=0

And if you're friends with someone who doesn't known their safari dudes, please add them!

Soilmate
Feb 18, 2013

david puddy posted:

I'll add you. Mine's 2681-0088-2246

e: I have Ledyba, Masquerain and Pinsir apparently

You wanna add? 5370-0502-5397

I barely have any bug safaris. ;_;

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dehry posted:

I'm really starting to think they're hiding something else in game. The guy saying you'll visit his region in due time, the official X&Y pokedex book having 800 pages yet only ~720 Pokemon in the region, the second set of train tracks, and the fact that the guide really doesn't say anything about the post game leads me to believe there is something more.

E: oh yeah, don't buy the guide, it covers through the elite four and then abruptly ends with a TM list and item list.

Not gonna lie if there's nothing hidden in the game I hope they go the DLC route. Having access to the inevitable 3rd game content without having to start over would be nice.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Soilmate posted:

Sure
e: Nakar you have Snorunt and Bergmite, not sure on third

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 18, 2013

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Nakar posted:

Hey if someone does add me (4441-8297-4859) could you let me know what I've got in Friend Safari? I should have all 3 of mine unlocked but have no idea of the contents.

You have Snorunt, Bergmite and no third.

Edit: beaten.

No
Sep 13, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

3625 8651 6138

Cheese Bread posted:

5069-5363-4146

Unbound posted:

1822-0006-3279

Balon posted:

2294-4680-8035

Neddy Seagoon posted:

5155-3090-6956

jymbojones posted:

4210 5429 9598

C. E. Croix posted:

2895-7629-8748

Mazerunner posted:

3840-6567-4400

Added! Also Balon, mind sharing that PokeRus?

On Victory Road right now, almost able to find out what I have in my Safari!

1521-3674-8737

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Can you use Sketch to learn new attacks in online battles? And on a related note, does anyone have a Pokemon that knows Wish that I can use as Sketch bait?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I have no clue what's in my safari. FC: 4227-1593-9982

I also added myself to the spreadsheet.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Sedisp posted:

You have Snorunt, Bergmite and no third.

Edit: beaten.
I should definitely have a third but nobody's showing up online to me so you're probably not seeing me online either unfortunately. But we know it's Ice at least. Thanks!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

mikeycp posted:

Added you. 4828-4204-9261

Is there anyway to set it so that if I go to the home menu or shut the 3ds I won't disconnect?

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
Can someone explain to me the differences in using a Ditto with Imposter from a regular Ditto? I just caught on Internet Kraken's Safari (it's Jolly nature, if that matters).

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Since this is moving fast I'd like to ask everyone to try and add themselves onto the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiGAq6LFMm6RdHlEU09XLVRXMnJXUFhGZC1uWjFnZlE#gid=0

And if you're friends with someone who doesn't known their safari dudes, please add them!

This should really go in the OP.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
With the massive FC outbreak I might as well post mine here as well.

FC: 3625-8676-1692

Have pupitar, boldore, and rhydon in my safari

IGN: DMay

_Endgame_ fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 18, 2013

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Oh my god. Mewtwo's battle music :allears:

This was such an awesome touch. When I thought gamefreak did all they could with the fanservice, they went the extra mile.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

_Endgame_ posted:

I love you.

2595-0733-5200 for me.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Soilmate one of your Wobbuffets just killed the Togepi whose happiness I am trying to max :(

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

jymbojones posted:

Can someone explain to me the differences in using a Ditto with Imposter from a regular Ditto? I just caught on Internet Kraken's Safari (it's Jolly nature, if that matters).

In battle Imposter Ditto automatically transforms when it's sent out instead of wasting a turn using the move transform. This turns it from suck to awesome.

For breeding there's been some talk that it makes it possible for the offspring to have its dreamworld/hidden ability but I'm not sure if that's been confirmed.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

_Endgame_ posted:

I added you, I'm in the spreadsheet if you want to add me too. I have Ice-types apparently.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Soilmate posted:

No posted:

1521-3674-8737

mikeycp posted:

Added you. 4828-4204-9261

Is there anyway to set it so that if I go to the home menu or shut the 3ds I won't disconnect?

Added you four. FC: 4511 1035 4506. Pokemon: Fraxure, Noibat, Sligoo

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Dehry posted:

I'm really starting to think they're hiding something else in game. The guy saying you'll visit his region in due time, the official X&Y pokedex book having 800 pages yet only ~720 Pokemon in the region, the second set of train tracks, and the fact that the guide really doesn't say anything about the post game leads me to believe there is something more.

E: oh yeah, don't buy the guide, it covers through the elite four and then abruptly ends with a TM list and item list.

This sounds ridiculous but yet I want to believe.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Is there any easy way to sort the people at the bottom and alphabetize? It's disorderly and kind of bothers me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nakar posted:

I should definitely have a third but nobody's showing up online to me so you're probably not seeing me online either unfortunately. But we know it's Ice at least. Thanks!

You might not actually be online. Try connecting to GTS or something, if you close your system it disconnects from the internet.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Wallet Inspector posted:

Can you add me as well? Want in on that Noibat action 2681-0088-2246

edit: Nakar, your third ball shows up now that we're both online, still waiting for something new to appear though

edit 2: Piloswine

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 18, 2013

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

_Endgame_ posted:

IGN: DMay

Oh god I want a Pupitar please be my friend.

5386-8395-2739

e: Wallet Inspector if you could add me too that'd be super cool.

Repelex
Jun 25, 2010

ketchum while they're young
Why do people want foreign dittos? Do the babies have different names or something?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Repelex posted:

Why do people want foreign dittos? Do the babies have different names or something?

Higher shiny chance, apparently.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Repelex posted:

When two Pokemon from different regions breed, the offspring is like eight times more likely to be shiny.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

e: Wallet Inspector if you could add me too that'd be super cool.

david puddy posted:

Can you add me as well? Want in on that Noibat action 2681-0088-2246

Done.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

In battle Imposter Ditto automatically transforms when it's sent out instead of wasting a turn using the move transform. This turns it from suck to awesome.

For breeding there's been some talk that it makes it possible for the offspring to have its dreamworld/hidden ability but I'm not sure if that's been confirmed.

I see! Thanks for the lesson. I'll toss in my Greninja with this thing after I finish murdering Audinos in the safari to see what I get!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dehry posted:

At the very least, it's weird that the game gives you an item that's functionally useless, and then hints at you to keep a hold of it because who know it may be something useful.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Wallet Inspector posted:

Gotta get in on this Goomy action

2019-9655-6466

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

Will one in the Safari transform when it appears or is there no way to tell which one has the ability?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Nakar posted:

Higher shiny chance, apparently.

To clarify, breeding two Pokemon from different countries with different languages will yield a higher shiny chance during breeding. The languages are all marked on the Pokemon's status summary ("SPA," "ITA," "GER," "JPN," "FRE," "KOR," and if you're not playing in English, "ENG"). It's been like this since Generation 4. Japanese Dittos are in high demand with U.S. players as such, but Korean or French Dittos, or even just, a German Squirtle and an English Froakie, will work just fine. A British Ditto won't do poo poo for you in America though.

Sedisp posted:

Will one in the Safari transform when it appears or is there no way to tell which one has the ability?

The Friend Safari works like normal battles rather than Safari Zone fights, so yeah.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

No posted:

1521-3674-8737

If you were still wondering I saw teddiursa and Audino(!) from you so far.

Sedisp posted:

It should but I haven't seen one yet so I personally can't say for certain.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Wallet Inspector posted:

Someone's popular.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Ruggington posted:

Gotta get in on this Goomy action

2019-9655-6466
Same here if you could Wallet Inspector (and I'll add you too Ruggington).

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Sedisp posted:

It does. Just caught mine less than 15 minutes ago.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Nakar posted:

Same here if you could Wallet Inspector (and I'll add you too Ruggington).
What's your friend code?

Edit: Found it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Crosscontaminant posted:

There's tons of yokai which are basically just inanimate objects come to life. Animism is about all things, animate or otherwise, having a spirit of some kind which can under certain circumstances be invoked, and Shinto is no exception. Umbrellas and shoes are two of the more traditional ones, but Japanese media happily extends it to anything else that comes to mind, hence in Pokémon we have dolls (Shuppet and Banette), keyrings (Klefki), gears (Klink line), trash (Grimer and Trubbish lines)...

Oh totally. And of those only Grimer really sucks, and that only because seriously, it just gets bigger when it evolves.

Keiya fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 18, 2013

• Locked thread