Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

DoctorStrangelove posted:

You haven't shown up as online for me. Maybe that's what's causing it?

Could be. How do I make sure I'm online, just keep the connection going ingame on the orange screen? My wifi is on and stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

You haven't shown up as online for me. Maybe that's what's causing it?

Yeah that would be it.
It has to do the online handshake at least once after beating the E4 for the third poke to show up.

quote:

Could be. How do I make sure I'm online, just keep the connection going ingame on the orange screen? My wifi is on and stable.

In case you don't know how to connect, you have to click the blue connection thing at the top of the PSS screen to connect.

Cyflan fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 18, 2013

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Sedisp posted:

Oh for the love of...

Grab me an Imposter if you can.

So yeah I guess I got Dittos too!

2595-0733-5200

4828-4204-9261

Add me!

Also: spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiGAq6LFMm6RdHlEU09XLVRXMnJXUFhGZC1uWjFnZlE#gid=0

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
I love friends and I love me some friend Safaris: 0576 3699 7180

Just toss me a PM and I'll add you.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Yep, sedisp's gave me Dittos too. Very nice, except it is your third. Does that one disappear if you go offline?

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Sedisp posted:

Oh for the love of...

2595-0733-5200

Added. FC: 5300-9018-9920, I've got Dark type.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

So if two pokemon in the daycare don't like each other very much will I not get any eggs?

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Sedisp posted:

Oh for the love of...

2595-0733-5200

Added you - I'm 2836-0374-5613. Been looking for ditto something fierce.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sedisp posted:

Oh for the love of...

2595-0733-5200

Super want

3480-3680-4069

Millions posted:

Added. FC: 5300-9018-9920, I've got Dark type.

Added you too

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Awesome! posted:

So if two pokemon in the daycare don't like each other very much will I not get any eggs?

I think you can but the chance is as low as possible (which doesn't mean much, maybe a couple more laps around the Daycare route.) It only doesn't happen if "The Pokemon prefer to play with others rather than each other" or something.

Tengama
Sep 6, 2011

Sedisp posted:

Oh for the love of...

2595-0733-5200

Added 2852 6836 8315.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Nakar posted:

Yep, sedisp's gave me Dittos too. Very nice, except it is your third. Does that one disappear if you go offline?

No, as long as you have been online at the same time as the other person after they've beaten the E4 the third one will always be available.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Awesome! posted:

If it says they don't like each other very much you can still get eggs, though it might take a bit for one to show up.

If it says they prefer to play with other pokemon then you will not.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Awesome! posted:

Not particularly, it just means they'll make eggs slower. At least, IIRC. I haven't been big into breeding since Gen 2, but that was the case back then. As long as they are in the same egg groups, it doesn't matter what the guy says.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

Ugh. :( Oh well. Yeah, I've beaten it and am halfway into the Looker quests. Maybe all postgame has to be done too?

Well now actually congrats are in order as you get a Golurk as your third one!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Sedisp posted:

Oh for the love of...

2595-0733-5200

Update your entry in the Goon Safari Spreadsheet!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Nakar posted:

No. Once you and another player have been online at the same time as each other after both beating the Elite 4, you'll each have access to the other's third Friend Safari Pokemon. Also, I'm reasonably sure that, even if they then go offline after that, you can still catch hidden ability Pokemon in their zone, because I'm pretty sure I've caught hidden ability dudes in offline friends' zones. It's just that one handshake that has to happen to trigger those things.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Well now actually congrats are in order as you get a Golurk as your third one!

Haha, that's pretty cool. :ms: Thanks for checking and giving me a heads up
Everyone, feel free to add me if you want ghosts.

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy
Anyone need the POKERUS? I got it within my first 10 minutes :)

Friend code is 0490-5138-3376, I have like 4-5 with it to trade off.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I ran into the wandering Moltres (in the rain. What a dummy). He fled like instantly of course. Do I just have to randomly run into Moltres a certain number of times and he'll chill someplace after? Do all the legendary birds do this or is my game just Moltres only?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Does anyone know exactly where the O-Power guy is in Lumiose city (the hatching power one?) I'm fairly sure I'm at max stylishness now but I've got no idea where he's supposed to be.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Cuckoo posted:

Haha, that's pretty cool. :ms: Thanks for checking and giving me a heads up
Everyone, feel free to add me if you want ghosts.

I want ghosts!

5386-8395-2739

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Edit Adding ^^^^

Riversideblues posted:

I'd love it, can offer some weird stuff in return.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sweet. EmmaEssentia will re battle you at night after you finish the post game Looker missions.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Macaluso posted:

So I ran into the wandering Moltres (in the rain. What a dummy). He fled like instantly of course. Do I just have to randomly run into Moltres a certain number of times and he'll chill someplace after? Do all the legendary birds do this or is my game just Moltres only?

You have to run into them 11 times and then they'll go to the Sea God Caves. It's stupid but at least they don't run from you in there

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Emalde posted:

Update your entry in the Goon Safari Spreadsheet!

I have now done so.

If any of you catch a second Imposter I'd appreciate the assistance. I will have my finest caterpie in exchange. Or I dunno a Charmander?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yes, run into it enough and it will move to a permanent spot.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Can't you just feed them to the Pokemon without any negative repercussions? I don't really fully understand how everything works with amie. It's adorable and I love it though.

Yes, there's no penalty or anything for stuffing puffs into your Pokémon's mouth at every opportunity. Every puff will increase affection, their favorites and higher tier ones just raise it more.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Riversideblues posted:

Oh my god yes

2019-9655-6466

ign is smokedawg420

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Sedisp posted:

I have now done so

Can you try connecting to the internet in game? People need to have you be online at the same time as them at least once so they can catch a ditto.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Sorry? I thought I properly spoiler-tagged everything. :(

Level Slide posted:

What does the item sprite for the souvenir look like, anyway? It was posted earlier in the thread, but I'd rather not go thread diving.

Could we see this? Or at least get a verbal description of it? :v: Does it look like any Pokemon we've seen or is it something more exciting?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

One shot the league without receiving a single knockout. I guess being 10 levels up will do that.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I loving Love Friend Safari.

31 hp, 30 atk, spA, and Spd

Screenshot of megamawile as soon as i find out where the mawite is

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Riversideblues posted:

Does Pokerus affect super training at all? I'm not particularly interested in getting it since I have about six quarantine boxes waiting to get transferred up from W2, but I'm wondering if it's actually faster to EV train the old fashioned way then with super training.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Tengames posted:

Grats!

Oh hell yeah Jolly Imposter Ditto.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Tengames posted:

The only things better than the Friend Safari are Quick Balls, which would have saved you a Master Ball.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Can you try connecting to the internet in game? People need to have you be online at the same time as them at least once so they can catch a ditto.

Ah thought it was just online in the 3DS. Logging on now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sedisp posted:

Oh for the love of...

2595-0733-5200

I'd like some Dittos, please.

3110-4382-9306

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd like some Dittos, please.

3110-4382-9306

Added.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Internet Kraken posted:

We don't need no mega stones!

...or decent type coverage. This team was pretty fun though. Fairy types are really good. I turned off Exp share before the 6th gym so by the end game I wasn't horribly overleveled. The Elite 4 was pretty fun! All of them were challenging except for the fire lady who went down like a chump. Sir Steel wiped out half my team. I was mega disappointed in the champion though. Easily the worst champ in the series, all of her pokemon were OHKOd except for the mega, which just went down in two hits. No idea why she sucked so much compared to the rest of the E4.

Anyways, some of you might be interested in the fact that my friend safari has :byodood:DITTO:byodood:. Add me if you need to catch them since the other Ditto guy is full; 3625 8651 6138

EDIT: Also Carbink is a boss. Everyone that hates on him can get out.

Please add me, I have dragons.

1032-1844-8545

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

I put a Wobbuffet up on Wonder Trade, and I got a level 48 Zoroark in return :stare:

• Locked thread