Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Nickname Pending posted:

A question about EV's: so if I use that reset punching bag, their EV's are reset? Then do I just battle and use punching bags to redo their EV's?

Yeah the reset bags totally reset their EVs. It's really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

I added you, my code is here.

Also added you.

Moon Monster your pokemon are...

Fighting Safari

Throu (or however you spell it) Hariyama Machoke

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I should really get an account icon. It seems like people pass me over in this thread :smith:

Safari Time ya'll! Hopefully it isn't Bergmite World!

2595 0484 3505

OT: Mike

Yours are Electric: Emolga Pikachu Zebstrika

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nickname Pending posted:

A question about EV's: so if I use that reset punching bag, their EV's are reset? Then do I just battle and use punching bags to redo their EV's?

Yup. Well you can do the minigames too.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Do we know what happens when you Trick/Fling/Switcheroo a Mega-Pokemon yet? Does it lose the evolution?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yup. Well you can do the minigames too.

I wanna take a sec to gush about Super Training. It's pretty easy, it's decently engaging, and it's waaaay faster than wandering around tall grass and running away from 2/3 of the encounters. Also, it shows you a graph of your stats and tells you when you can't get any more EVs.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

For the purposes of filling out the spreadsheet, could someone see what pokes are in my Safari? I haven't beaten the E4 yet, so there will only be two. FC: 5155-3088-1068

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
I've added a bunch of FCs from the last 2 pages. Can you just accept friend requests? Here's my info:

FC: 3067-4906-5106
IGN: Steven

It'd be cool if someone could check out my safari.

Edit: ^^Added you Klungar

Coldstone Cream-my-pants fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 18, 2013

SCROTEBUSTIN
Sep 2, 2008

"the asslicker" of fyad

Champeenship posted:

Since more people are noting interest in Imposter Dittos in this thread than the PGS one, I've got some in my Safari:

FC: 5155-3015-9458
In-Game: Hopper

Just reply and I'll put you down.

Added you! I'm attempting to breed a Honedge with beautiful IVs.

My friend code is 0662 3389 8211, ghost safari, anyone who wants a lampent, pumpkaboo and some other ghost type just add me and reply~

Klungar posted:

For the purposes of filling out the spreadsheet, could someone see what pokes are in my Safari? I haven't beaten the E4 yet, so there will only be two. FC: 5155-3088-1068

The Royal Scrub posted:

I've added a bunch of FCs from the last 2 pages. Can you just accept friend requests? Here's my info:

Add me, I'll check for you.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Yours are Electric: Emolga Pikachu Zebstrika

I have one word for that

Hilarious

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

horriblePencilist posted:

Do we know what happens when you Trick/Fling/Switcheroo a Mega-Pokemon yet? Does it lose the evolution?

The move just fails.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

The Royal Scrub posted:

Can you just accept friend requests?

You cannot see requests because of :nintendo:. Everyone should really just use the spreadsheet.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Champeenship posted:

Since more people are noting interest in Imposter Dittos in this thread than the PGS one, I've got some in my Safari:

FC: 5155-3015-9458
In-Game: Hopper

Just reply and I'll put you down.

FC: 0173-1545-9907

In game: Natural 20

No idea what mine's like, but thanks a lot.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

So my plan for 1 on 1 battles looks like such:

(Mega)Mawile with Stealth Rocks, Iron head, Poison fang, Play rough
Two Pangoro's with Choice scarfs and Parting shot in their first slot
Two Meinshaos with Regenerator, Calm mind, Bulk up, Baton Pass
Some sort of special sweeper.

The goal is such: Place down stealth rocks. Throw out Pangoro. Continue using parting shots at the enemy via rotating the two Pangoro's in. Eventually swap over to Meinshao and Baton pass Bulkups or Calm minds onto one another. Baton pass onto a sweeper.

I'm hoping it'll be super annoying to fight against.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

lokipunk posted:

You cannot see requests because of :nintendo:. Everyone should really just use the spreadsheet.

Would adding the FCs that are only posted here to the spreadsheet be rude? It would make the whole thing more efficient.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Klungar posted:

I added you, my code is here.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TalonDemonKing posted:

So my plan for 1 on 1 battles looks like such:

(Mega)Mawile with Stealth Rocks, Iron head, Poison fang, Play rough
Two Pangoro's with Choice scarfs and Parting shot in their first slot
Two Meinshaos with Regenerator, Calm mind, Bulk up, Baton Pass
Some sort of special sweeper.

The goal is such: Place down stealth rocks. Throw out Pangoro. Continue using parting shots at the enemy via rotating the two Pangoro's in. Eventually swap over to Meinshao and Baton pass Bulkups or Calm minds onto one another. Baton pass onto a sweeper.

I'm hoping it'll be super annoying to fight against.

Most places and tourneys play with a species clause so you can't use 2 of anything

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
How come Honedge can eat eat PokePuffs, but Spewpa can't?

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

Would adding the FCs that are only posted here to the spreadsheet be rude? It would make the whole thing more efficient.

Check the second post of the trade thread, I think notthegoatseguy is handling it.

horriblePencilist posted:

How come Honedge can eat eat PokePuffs, but Spewpa can't?
I have no mouth but I must PokePuff.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I've got three Imposter Dittos available for trading right now. Who wants them?

5155-3090-6956

Balon posted:

I am currently breeding Modest Magician Fennekins with the PokeRus. I also have several Overgrowth Neutral Nature Chespins with the 'Rus.

Balon
2294-4680-8035

Let me know in here that you've added me and I'll add you back. Then send me a trade req. in game and you'll get one or the other. Will have Modest Protean Froakies with the 'Rus by end of the weekend as well.

Added and waiting. Can I get one of the Chespins please?

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

If you mean like as a privacy thing? I'd say no way. Everyone's putting their FC out there for exposure.

Can I get a link to the spreadsheet? Can't find it in the OP or in the PGS thread.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

lokipunk posted:

Check the second post of the trade thread, I think notthegoatseguy is handling it.

Yeah, but those two lists aren't either mutually inclusive or exclusive. The FCs are just randomly scattered across nothtegoatseguy's list and the spreadsheet.

The Royal Scrub posted:

If you mean like as a privacy thing? I'd say no way. Everyone's putting their FC out there for exposure.

Can I get a link to the spreadsheet? Can't find it in the OP or in the PGS thread.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiGAq6LFMm6RdHlEU09XLVRXMnJXUFhGZC1uWjFnZlE#gid=0

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Nidorina and Nidoqueen still can't breed? Come on Game Freak. :mad:

Also, can anyone tell me what my Friend Safari supplies? My FC is in the second post of the Trading Thread. You can then add me to the Google Doc.

SCROTEBUSTIN
Sep 2, 2008

"the asslicker" of fyad
Steven, you have Swanna and Doduo! Does anyone have a link to the spreadsheet?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Klungar posted:

You're Normal: Lillipup Loudred

The Royal Scrub posted:

You're Flying: Doduo, Swanna

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Most places and tourneys play with a species clause so you can't use 2 of anything

That's the beauty of random Wi-Fi. You can do this kind of thing because there's no regulation :getin:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Added everyone on this page. My FC is 0490-4639-4637, if anyone could tell me what my Safari contains that would be peachy. I'm post-E4 and online!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The Moon Monster posted:

You're Normal: Lillipup Loudred

Welp :/ I guess this at least leaves the possibility of Ditto in the last slot. Thanks!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

How far do I need to get before I get Exp Share? How about trading?

SCROTEBUSTIN
Sep 2, 2008

"the asslicker" of fyad

AttackBacon posted:

Added everyone on this page. My FC is 0490-4639-4637, if anyone could tell me what my Safari contains that would be peachy. I'm post-E4 and online!

You're water! I'll edit in a sec with the pokes.

Octillery, Gyarados, and one other which I shall try to find!

SCROTEBUSTIN fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 18, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Beat the first gym. Trading might be available before that; it's super early.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Exp share you get after the first gym. I know you can wonder trade as soon as you get a second pokemon, not sure about GTS.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Trading's a menu option in the PSS and available from the moment you get the Pokedex. Click the L or R buttons until it's brought up on the lower screen.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Trading's a menu option in the PSS and available from the moment you get the Pokedex. Click the L or R buttons until it's brought up on the lower screen.

Awesome! Time go post in the trading thread!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alright, so someone accidentally sorted the spreadsheet list by alphabetizing Mii names, and it looks like some FCs disappeared in the shuffle. You might want to double check your information to see if it's all right and still there!

e: And they did it again! :argh:

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Looks like they did it again, by type this time. Why is this a free-for-all spreadsheet rather than a form to fill out anyway?

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~

Klungar posted:

Welp :/ I guess this at least leaves the possibility of Ditto in the last slot. Thanks!

Hye Klunger add me pls. I want Scrappy Loudred, thanks!

0044-2830-3329

I have Moxie Gyarados in mine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Waiiit how does the GTS even work?

There is a Sewaddle on the GTS and I want that Pokemon in general, but to be on the GTS means it has to be in one of the games, right?

I am under the impression the Pokemon not found in X or Y cannot be traded to Gen VI at all in present times...

Hot Pants Jesus
Mar 8, 2013
Managed to allocate some time for breeding, with a certain degree of success.

However, I need a breeding plan to be able to create my perfect Calm Sylveon but these mechanics seem rather obtuse for me. It seems it's best to get perfect stats on both the mother and the father then use a combination of Destiny Knot and either Everstone for natures or a Power item.

My plan is to get a Male Riolu with perfect IVs and a Female Eevee with perfect IVs and either Calm Nature or Modest Nature for a Sylveon. Here's what I have so far in terms of breeding:

Male Eevee with Max Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, and Speed and Modest Nature
Male Riolu with Defense, Sp. Defense, and Speed
Male Max Lucario with Max HP, Defense, and Sp. Attack
Variety of Ditto (one with Calm and with Max HP and Defense)

A bit overwhelmed since the most I've done breeding wise was chain breeding Dragon Dance on Larvitar back in Diamond. Having a sort of plan would help out tremendously. I have Destiny Knot and a Power Ankle so far. Seeing the steps laid out would help cement the mechanics of this in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Why would anyone want Magician as an ability? It's pretty much worthless, considering the only way it can be useful is if you forgo your own item to steal your opponent's. And even then, you can't guarantee the item will be useful to you. You could very easily accidentally swipe a Choice Band as a Delphox and now you're stuck in a choice item that doesn't even boost your preferred attack. At least with Blaze you can hit things harder when you're at low health, which is always useful.

• Locked thread