Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AircraftNoise
May 9, 2008
I am trying to find a song from a decade or so ago, here's all I have to go on:

-I discovered it around 2000-2002 ish.
-Originally found using limewire.
-Song title had something to do with Half-life 1, but is not found on the original Half-life soundtrack.
-Unknown artist, most likely not a mainstream artist.
-No lyrics or vocals, 4/4 beat, electronic instrumentation, moderate tempo, beat consisted of a bass drum hit only. Slightly chill feel.

I wish I had more info, but that's all I have. I will be amazed if some can name this song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Horseface posted:

Crossposting this from the the Lost SA Stuff thread in PYF:

I'm looking for two mp3s:

crow.mp3, which was the Gas Chamber theme for a little while. It's an old recording from an instructional record about imitating crow calls, and it's one of the most inexplicably hilarious things I've ever heard.

youngman.mp3, a deranged Chinese cover of YMCA with a europop beat, gunshots and manic vocals. At the time at least nobody knew who it was by or even had the complete song, it just kinda popped up on kazaa one day and spread around.

Both of these things are old as poo poo, like 2002-2004.

There was a Korean "artist" called E-PAK-SA who did a cover of YMCA. There's a bit of it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dclZ6Uqu-yQ

The full version has a single gunshot/explosion at the beginning. I found it at the link below but musicbiatch.com looks a bit shady and I know nothing about the site.

http://www.musicbiatch.com/download/vMvzp6--Xbo/e-paksa-best-cover-version-of-the-village-peoples-ymca-song.mp3

Ghost Hat
Jun 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

foutre posted:

There used to be a site I used probably 3 or 4 years ago that was called something like Route (and then a number relevant to some government injunction against music piracy). It was kind of a combination of Spotify and Pandora -- you could go to individual musicians pages and listen to their stuff, but a lot of it revolved around listening to the radio. Its gimmick was that you earned points and achievements and levels, which I really liked at the time.

I can't for the life of me find it now; hopefully this description wasn't too vague/whatever the service was didn't fail so miserably no one else ever used it.

thesixtyone maybe? I still go there sometimes to listen to a few songs on my old playlist. I still dislike the new design.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Yes that's it, thanks a lot! It looks.... different.

e: Haha, and I still have my level 12 account. Time to explore my early-high school music tastes.

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen
This isn't from a long-lost era of Internet, I'm just not really sure which search terms to use...

There's a web-comic, of which I'm trying to find one particular three (maybe four) panel segment. I don't know the name of the comic or who the main characters are, though. The only thing I know is that one of the characters (I think he's a main character) is jacked, has long black hair, and walks around shirtless. He might be a viking or warrior of some kind? There is also a girl who is in love with him who is skinny and has long black hair. She looks a little goth? Kinda Addams Family-ish. In the particular strip I'm looking for, they're walking down the street arm-in-arm, and she is making doe-eyes at him, and then another woman walks past and as they go by the dark haired girl turns to make a face at her and it's this like demonic, sharp-fanged, terrifying face, and then once they've passed each other she goes back to making a sweet expression up at her beloved. The dude is oblivious to the whole thing.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I THINK it's in black and white, but I might just be remembering the girl being pale white and black-haired.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

CronoGamer posted:

This isn't from a long-lost era of Internet, I'm just not really sure which search terms to use...

There's a web-comic, of which I'm trying to find one particular three (maybe four) panel segment. I don't know the name of the comic or who the main characters are, though. The only thing I know is that one of the characters (I think he's a main character) is jacked, has long black hair, and walks around shirtless. He might be a viking or warrior of some kind? There is also a girl who is in love with him who is skinny and has long black hair. She looks a little goth? Kinda Addams Family-ish. In the particular strip I'm looking for, they're walking down the street arm-in-arm, and she is making doe-eyes at him, and then another woman walks past and as they go by the dark haired girl turns to make a face at her and it's this like demonic, sharp-fanged, terrifying face, and then once they've passed each other she goes back to making a sweet expression up at her beloved. The dude is oblivious to the whole thing.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I THINK it's in black and white, but I might just be remembering the girl being pale white and black-haired.
It sounds like Nemi, but it's not a webcomic. It has the big guy with long black hair, but he wears a shirt and is a firefighter. She's skinny and "goth" with stark white skin and black hair. It has visual gags so it could have the comic you describe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemi_%28comic_strip%29

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

It sounds like Nemi, but it's not a webcomic. It has the big guy with long black hair, but he wears a shirt and is a firefighter. She's skinny and "goth" with stark white skin and black hair. It has visual gags so it could have the comic you describe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemi_%28comic_strip%29

Awesome-- that was exactly it. I was completely misremembering most of it, I'm amazed you were able to tell what it was. Thank you!

TresTristesTigres
Feb 14, 2013

Posts from UnDeR9R0Und

Ximum posted:

It wasn't terribly long ago, but I once saw a short webcomic about vampire hunters. It was in a very clean style, like an Archie comic, and was kind of nonsensical and there was very little vampire hunting, mostly just standing around and having odd conversations about sex. There were two teens and an older professor. They might have only referred to vampires as "Draculas" but I could also just be confusing it with Venture Bros.

This is what you want: http://twiststreet.com/2011/05/dracula-index/

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Yo, I know PA isn't the best or most popular thing here, but it used to be back in 01!

If anyone still has the old flash animated version of the Daytonnnaaaaaa strip, that would be super and the best!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

It is! Thank you!

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I'm trying to find this video series where a man walked into a mobile home trailer in a woodsy area (I think). After he went in the trailer was haunted and I can remember he found a creepy thing (girl?) in one of the cabinets, went outside the trailer and he was in hell, and I think he found a spatula or something that sent him back in time. Might be mis-remembering that last one though. I think this was around 2005 or 2006-ish.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

This isn't really an internet thing I'm looking for, but I can't find even the slightest hint of it anywhere. I'm looking for a EverQuest book of short stories, one is set in the major city and has someone getting killed in a alleyway, another about a Rogue on the run, and another about a guy killing a dragon. I read this many years ago so my recollection may not be correct. Thanks in advance for any help y'all can provide.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Theparker posted:

This isn't really an internet thing I'm looking for, but I can't find even the slightest hint of it anywhere. I'm looking for a EverQuest book of short stories, one is set in the major city and has someone getting killed in a alleyway, another about a Rogue on the run, and another about a guy killing a dragon. I read this many years ago so my recollection may not be correct. Thanks in advance for any help y'all can provide.
Try this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2704537

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ok how about one I cannot find to save my life:

A couple of years ago a goon posted a comic about a dude traveling to japan to meet his "soul-mate waifu," it was pretty blatantly tongue-in-cheek. The big things I remember:

1. On the airplane he calls two white girls "loving Gaijins" with a zoom in on his face.
2. He kills a guy with his katana and the girl he was with immediately says "You killed my boyfriend! Was that supposed to impress me?"
3. His girlfriend in japan is a furry.

Other than that, I'm fairly sure the character in the comic was named "Alex"

The only thing I can find is a single post on page 83 of the PYF request images thread. I tried to search a bit more after I found this thread, but couldn't find anything.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Thanks bud, I didn't know such a thread existed.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
Looking for a webcomic from somewhere around 8-10 years ago. The main things I remember about it was that it was set during a war that looked kinda like WW2 and there were cats with some sort of magical powers on the battle field. I remember it also was laid out in a book format, I believe it was all color, and I remember the art being pretty good.

Earl of Lavender
Jul 29, 2007

This is not my beautiful house!!

This is not my beautiful wife!!!
Pillbug

Project1 posted:

I'm looking for the Zybourne Clock novella.

I had this .txt lying around. If there's more than one chapter, I don't have it, sorry.

Edit: Wait, here we go! :woop:

Earl of Lavender fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 8, 2013

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Corla Plankun posted:

I need the Ingwit (or possibly some other legendary fyad) post with the "The problem is, doc, I can't write" motif. The storyline tangentially involved sexually assaulting mister shivers and the whole thing was basically the best post ever made.

I FINALLY found this:

quote:

It’s noon on a Thursday and I’m back at the mall again. I sit on the edge of the fountain, disheveled wearing an old tan sports coat with a tear on the left lapel where a pin once sat. A pin from a lover, a pin I tore off. Doc, stop me if you’ve heard this story before.

The doctor sits behind the desk across from me. I’m in Rehab. I rode here on the back of a great ape, a mighty mother with leather dugs and eyes of camphor. The doctor has a white beard and a bald head. His coat is white. I can’t see his body hair but I’m sure it’s white too. I wonder if he shaves.

See my problem doc is that I can’t write.

You’re an actor. Problem solved.

I’m a method actor and my method is writing. You see doc my problem is that I can’t write. The words come out arsy-versy.

Is that dialect?

Yeah it’s hard to punch up dialogue any other way. But you see doc my problem is that I can’t write. Stop me if you’ve heard this one before. A horse walks into a bar. The bartender asks Hey buddy, why the long face? The horse says because a benign existence is impossible in a hypercommercialized world.

Then it seems your problem is that you can’t write.

Exactly. Aware of the limits of my vocabulary. I compare my work unfavorably to the work of others. They free, they varied. I sound one note and one note all. And to what purpose? It communicates itself nothing. Everything is an embarrassment. Two hours to write one paragraph. And that not even a good one. The first step would be to answer question one: Why try? Excess of information, o whitewashed world! Motherfuck it doc, I can’t even turn a simile anymore.

There’s one other thing. You forgot a punchline.

My tears are crying before the pie even hits my face.

The one jagger of sunshine here is Annie. Her skin is monkwhite and her tits are fantastic. I know because I seen them in a photograph. She comes by and she’s black and she’s white. My chesswork demimonde. Sex is strictly prohibited.

“James, James I have to tell you something.”

“What is it my love? Thou hast pluck’d the tune of my heart and now i’faith my very blood sings out euphonia.”

“I met someone.”

“O you rumpfed runyon! You prickpurse! You infallible cock accepter! Who is it?”

“He’s a photogra.”

“God’s wounds but they’re the very worst class of rapscallion.”

“There’s another thing James.”

“Yes, yes, what is it now?”

“It’s my father, James. He sexually abused me when I was three through six, and then again when I was eight. I got a year off for good behavior.”

“That’s horrible.”

“I was asking for it the way I dressed. All those cartoon princess pajamas.”

I want to say something profound. Instead I kiss her. Suddenly there in the courtyard we are both nude. The other patients gather around. The sky is hot with pink mascara. I bite my lip. I bite her lip. We put on a show. The patients pick up on the rhythm of our love-making and shuffle full circular around us, going hum hum hum with whispered breaths and then waHOOOP and raising their arms every time I give it to her good with my penis. They shake their hands like a gospel chorus and then get quiet again. Hum hum hum waaaHOOP. Coitus engine. Mr. Shivers stands in the corner patting juba and shaking his dreads under his top hat. “Yeah yeah,” he says “get that poo poo white boy. Y’all wreck that poo poo up real nice. Make a nigga pussy bleed. Aw nigga gonna gently caress him some. Oh she like it, she a ho, she wanna gently caress. Yeah white boy. Yeah pussy.”

Annie gets on her knees. I use my nails to etch a rubicant basmala into the pure unblemish of her back. I want to tear her in half from her rear end in a top hat up to her tiptop head.

“Give it to me James. You are the gently caress king. The only way I can feel validated as an individual is if I submit myself fully to being a sexual object for the pleasure and demands of others. Did I tell you about the time in high school I stuck four sharpie markers up my vagina on webcam for a bunch of middle-aged men?”

I attack her rear end with renewed vigor. Her sphincter clamps down on my shaft as I blast by the anal ring. It feels so good I whine like there’s a fish in my urethra. Doc did you know that in Peshawar they drink soma tea made from a certain bitter twig and the recipe of which comes from the Rig Veda? I’m pretty sure that’s true, anyway. My friend Frank is there in the circle and he falls to the ground foaming glossolalia, I think he’s experiencing the Godhead but I’m not sure.

Lars the alcoholic picks his rear end and starts stamping his feet. “I want to die easy Lord when I die,” he sings. “I want to die easy Lord, when I die. I want to die easy when I die, shout salvation as I fly. I want to die easy Lord, when I die.”

Trees fall out of the air and land light as puff pastry on our burning scalps. I’m choking Annie and somehow her heart keeps beating. I can’t stop coming. Neither can she. I think we’re all swimming in it now. The whole scene has the aroma of mushrooms and ecstasis. I look up and my brow is lambent with twinned horns of wisdom and truth. Mr. Shivers is there now, ascending quickly in his busted flintcraw dirigible.

“Mr. Shivers, don’t go!” I say. “I need you!”

“But don’t you see James?” he calls down, “you never needed me. The answer was in your heart all along!” And then he’s gone and I realize he’s right, just as the first jackboot strikes me with hitlerian precision on the back of my skull.

When they put me under I don’t come out of it easy. They have to restrain me in the recovery room. My body temperature takes a drastic plunge. In the hadeopelagy of my drug-induced dream I try to cast Curaga on myself. It doesn’t work. Have I been leveling enough? Rabbi is it right to level oneself?

What a question, my son. R. Akhiva in his commentary on the first chapter of Ezekial–the vision of the Chariot–notes that although the chariot and the rider are two separate targets, they are both undead and therefore the wise man casts Curaga on them and not on himself. However Samuel ben Moses Pirkot, writing centures later in Borovice, made the insight that one may simply use a Phoenix Down.

I order her a Scotch Whisky drink.

Mm this is good. What is it?

It’s a Scotch Whisky drink I tell her.

What’s in it?

Tartan dreams. The bloom of the heather on the tor.

Oh. I think I’m drunk.

Good, let’s go back to my place and I’ll make you a statistic.

Does that have Scotch Whisky in it?

I meant sex.

Will it hurt?

I smile. Only if you want it to.

Frank is real excited about the whole thing. He’s got five chins and all of them are waggling as he hikes his gown above his knees and squeezes out a fat shining turd onto the cool linoleum of my room. It stinks like a vat of fish guts or a jar of sour mayonnaise. Then, grinning like a reprobate imp, he sticks his waxy paw into the steaming poo poo and pulls out a pair of gold-rimmed aviators. “Put these on,” he tells me.

I do. The flecks of crap speckle my face and start to burn acrid holes in my skin. I feel alive.

“Now do this.” He eases my fly down and pulls out my testicles. He licks one and then the other with the purpled tapered end of his tongue and then dips them gently into a tray of what looks like rainbow talcum powder. “It’s talc and ground up chameleon skins,” he explains.

“Frank the gently caress,” I say. “The gently caress are you doing.”

His grin gets wider and the fistula on his bald head gapes open with glee, shooting a mist of hot urine into the stale air. “Our balls, James! Now they can’t see ‘em! Don’t you know? The whole world loves a castrati.”

And so I go out walking in the forest. I have sixty-three dollars and forty-two cents, half a pack of cigarettes, two changes of socks and underwear, a pair of gold rimmed sunglasses and no loving idea where I’m going. But thanks anyway Doc, I’ll tell you when I get there. See the problem is I can’t write. Four hours of writing, maybe five minutes to read, and no good. Haven’t said anything I thought I would. Sounded better in my head. All mediocre by standards my own. Do you know how many times I fall back on the word “lambent”? And everyone talks the same and there’s no sense of place because I don’t know how to describe setting.

The doctor is lapping pooled rainwater from a crevice in the roots of a towering black oak, so tall I can’t even see the first of its branches. His tail is down. Good, means he doesn’t scent any predators. He looks at me with limpid anime eyes.

“Fish in urethra man! Fish in urethra! Teehee!”

I ignore him and listen for rivulet sound of birdsong on the goldengreen and summered air. Excited queek-queek-queek of courting woodpeckers. Hissing whistle of the cedar waxwing. A white-breasted nuthatch calling to me hey hey hey. And?

I swing the pneumatic steamrifle off my shoulder real easy and let it rest in the crook of my arm. The doctor, alert now to an unnatural presence, presses himself close to my leg. I can feel him trembling beneath his short dappled fur. He’s trembling because he knows. The doctor knows he’s out there. So do I.

“Shivers! No more games! Show yourself!”

The air is rent by the thin shriek of death on the wing. A sick wet chuck and the doctor falls dead to the warm leafmat, a bindlestick lodged in his neck. I drop into a roll and fire wildly. Molten bolts of slag flare through the trunks of maple and spruce, instantly ashing the elden verdure. Concealed by the fallen giant of an oak, I tamp more coal into the rifle chamber and orison quickly “Pray Logic and give me more time, speed the soul of the doctor quickly into the axis of the beyond so that he may more readily reunite with the Golden Ratio.”

The voice of Mr. Shivers weaves among the sunmotes drifting in the hazy afternoon glow. “Time to roll de bones, boy! You got no chance! I makes dark fantasy feel like gritty realism, achieving a rare laconic eloquence that will captivate horror readers hungry for new voices! I’m a startling début, a deft amalgam of thriller, cerebral horror and American gothic, written with a stark and artful simplicity that complements the examination of struggling humanity pushed to its limits! I fucks dead pigs!”

I sniff the air. There. Due north north East, baked beans and hamhocks. You’re mine now, you pseudomythopoetic panhandling son of a mothercunt. I handcrank the steamrifle and backflip into the dense overcanopy, unleashing hell into the shadows of the forest.

The fight begins.

We bury the doctor out in the desert, Frank, Annie, Shivers and me, headfirst the way he wanted so the “Good Lord can kiss my rear end” as he used to say. We smoke hash and do peyote and all four of us end up loving beneath the wheeling stars of the clarion night. The thousand diamond eyes of voyeur Indra, Shivers calls them as he strokes me off onto Annie’s face. I can tell she doesn’t even feel it, her gaze is beatific and beyond time, she looks like a rigid angel. We see visions of our sins and our small triumphs. We take turns pounding Frank’s hole until he’s too tired to cry anymore and then we fall asleep, singly, apart, spent and grieved.

When I wake later Shivers is gone of course and Annie is standing off away from the fire, all smolders and cold embers now. She’s looking up at the stars and I don’t think she sees me so I watch her for these few quiet moments. The desert gets cold after dark, you might not know this, and it pebbles her skin so delicately, along her shoulders, down her spine, giving gentle shadow to each cheek. She has an aura. It’s like I’m seeing her for the first time. And for the first time I don’t want to throw her down among the sand and dirt and do a horrible violence to her body.

“James,” she says. “Come stand by me.”

I do.

“James, I won’t be coming by anymore,” she says.

I say “I know. Annie I love you.”

“I’m going to Spain for a year,” she says.

“That’s all right. Hey, Annie, you know what my problem is?”

Without looking at me she takes my hand in hers. “Yeah. You can’t write. Welcome to the club.”

She laughs. I laugh. Together, we look at the stars. “Rock bottom,” I say.

Rock bottom.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
I think that's unironically one of the best things I've ever read.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Iunnrais posted:

The first was about a hacker who was injected with a bunch of nanobots that enabled him to hack his own body as if it were a linux machine. It was developed by the military ostensibly as an aids cure-- which worked, but they were doing more nasty experimentation with it when the hacker ran off and started looking into it himself. (And it acted as an STD, so he started sleeping around with prostitutes to spread the cure for aids).

0wnz0red, by Cory Doctorow. It's in his short story anthology A Place So Foreign and Eight More. I kind of want to find the second one now, sounds fun!

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
This is a thing all of my friends remember, but can't find for the life of us.

There was this Ridge Racer trailer a few years back. All we can remember is the theme song, which was absolutely absurd. There was this singer who was pretty clearly a native Japanese speaker, and was trying to sing in English. The lyrics were absurd, along the lines of "Ridge Race-or, in our hearts! Ridge Race-or, fight for us!" And similar bizarre lines. But the real kicker is the final chorus, where the guy just starts doing DO DO DO doO DO DO DOO DOO over and over, for about 15 seconds straight. The issue is there is absolutely no way to put that information into a search engine.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

TheModernAmerican posted:

This is a thing all of my friends remember, but can't find for the life of us.

There was this Ridge Racer trailer a few years back. All we can remember is the theme song, which was absolutely absurd. There was this singer who was pretty clearly a native Japanese speaker, and was trying to sing in English. The lyrics were absurd, along the lines of "Ridge Race-or, in our hearts! Ridge Race-or, fight for us!" And similar bizarre lines. But the real kicker is the final chorus, where the guy just starts doing DO DO DO doO DO DO DOO DOO over and over, for about 15 seconds straight. The issue is there is absolutely no way to put that information into a search engine.

At first I thought: 'that sounds like the Daytona dude', loves his doo doo doos. But the lyrics weren't the same, and he did Daytona, not Ridge Racer.

But a few searches later popped up this dude's page,
http://www.sonicwrecks.com/articles/trackers-sega-retrospectives-1-daytona-usa/

which provided, at the bottom, that the Daytona dude did a Daytona v. Ridge Racer track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=myugYKf2MMw#t=45

edit: song title is Ridge Racer USA Mix

double edit: as played here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIyhYLfQ0A

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 14, 2013

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

alphabrawl posted:

0wnz0red, by Cory Doctorow. It's in his short story anthology A Place So Foreign and Eight More. I kind of want to find the second one now, sounds fun!

Awesome! And with the name, I found that since it's Cory Doctorow, he allowed it online for free, and it's available at salon.com: http://www.salon.com/2002/08/28/0wnz0red/

Makes me want to check out the anthology now, which is likely the point of releasing the sample for free. Heh.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Abugadu posted:

edit: song title is Ridge Racer USA Mix

double edit: as played here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIyhYLfQ0A

On man this is exactly it! I can't believe that this wasn't a fever dream shared with my friends, it's been at least five years since I've heard this.

On man people like this song in the comments :allears:

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

Does anyone remember that terrible monstrosity of an erotica novel someone posted on the forums, The Big O? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2638905

The image files that went along with the thread are now broken, did anyone manage to save them? I'd rather not actually spend money trying to get ahold of that thing.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I'm looking for the video of the fauxfest that took place at the University of Minnesota campus back in 04. The SAclopedia article just brings it back to a deleted Google video and an old thread documenting popular ones.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
I'm looking for a "ghost" clip I remember from the very early days of Google Video. It featured a young couple filming themselves walking around at night, nothing unusual going on. Then it cuts to a bedroom where it looks like sexy times are about to happen(the dude in the couple is filming the girl). But then a brief flash of something strange appears on the video, like for a single frame, the girl is startled and runs out. It never comes up in the usual "ghosts caught on camera" searches, and I could never find it again. Anyone know what I mean?

The other thing I'm after is a series of games you used to be able to get from AOL's game pages back in the 90s. Most of the stuff they had to download was shareware or Gamemaker crap, but there was also a series of adventure games similar to the early Sierra style(you control the character on screen with text commands), but very, very crude graphically, possibly DOS-based. Imagine Leisure Suit Larry, but programmed on a 2600. I must've played a couple of these, but the only one I remember clearly was a detective game where you had to a solve a murder, as it was one of the few times you could actually die. I'm pretty sure they were terrible, but I'm just curious if anyone remembers these and can tell me what the hell they were.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Castle Radium posted:

The other thing I'm after is a series of games you used to be able to get from AOL's game pages back in the 90s. Most of the stuff they had to download was shareware or Gamemaker crap, but there was also a series of adventure games similar to the early Sierra style(you control the character on screen with text commands), but very, very crude graphically, possibly DOS-based. Imagine Leisure Suit Larry, but programmed on a 2600. I must've played a couple of these, but the only one I remember clearly was a detective game where you had to a solve a murder, as it was one of the few times you could actually die. I'm pretty sure they were terrible, but I'm just curious if anyone remembers these and can tell me what the hell they were.

I checked out AOL 3.0 not that long ago as a sort of nostalgia trip to see what still worked, and surprisingly, a lot of keywords and downloads were still there. Here's a recent screen shot of a keyword I went to:

It might still be there. Get a Windows XP (or older) machine, download AOL 3.0 or 4.0 from oldversion.com, and get to checkin'!

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a youtube video of a guy proving that no matter what it's for, if you're handicapped you get money on the street. He holds up signs saying it's to build a death star and to kill puppies and everyone still gives him money. I think he has cerebral palsy and I can't find this video anywhere.. Any help?

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

I checked out AOL 3.0 not that long ago as a sort of nostalgia trip to see what still worked, and surprisingly, a lot of keywords and downloads were still there. Here's a recent screen shot of a keyword I went to:

It might still be there. Get a Windows XP (or older) machine, download AOL 3.0 or 4.0 from oldversion.com, and get to checkin'!

Ha, amazing! I guess they just never bothered taking that stuff down, huh? Thanks!

I think I might try running it under a Windows95 VM just for old time's sake.

mynameisbatman
Oct 3, 2008

I remember in the late 90's or early 00's there was a browser based RPG game called Parallel Universe or something. I remember they made a sequel. You could find all kinds of items and go on quests and the usual RPG things. There was a map on the right which was a square based grid and there were all kinds of cool items and monsters with drawings for each of them. I have no idea who made it and it was never that popular, I tried to google it and came up with nothing, maybe someone knows what I'm talking about.

Also another browser based RPG which I don't remember the name of where you could pick classes, the most distinctive I remember is a 'Psionic'. You had a hall of heroes or something and a multiplayer text based section where you battled other real people.

They were both awesome as hell and I apologise for not being able to give more information but if anyone remembers them I'd love to find out what happened to them. I spent so many hours on them.

Cheshire Puss
Sep 14, 2007

Only the insane equate pain with success.
Years ago, around 2007 I think there was a photoshop thread that started with a giant high up shot of a street in New York. The thread idea was for every new post to have something added to the picture, the second or third of which I think was a Batman vs Superman movie ad placed prominently on a billboard.

Having searched for the thread for a while, I give up. Anyone have a link to any of the later images, or the thread itself?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Can anyone find that FYAD thread where they suggest WWE wrestling personas? Maybe I'm making this up. But that poo poo was great.

rainwulf
Jan 22, 2004
I must post less.
Whatever happened to the Talk to the Goons thread.

Optimus Prime Ribs
Jul 25, 2007

Does anyone have the link to the A/T thread that Deadly Fear posted about him being a chiropractor, which inevitably blew up in his face? The only thing I can remember that happened in the thread was someone posted a picture of a dog's spine (i.e. an x-ray of one) and the OP didn't know that it wasn't human, and he pretty much got laughed out of his own thread.

I checked his post history, and it's not in there. Does that mean the thread was completely removed? :ohdear:

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Optimus Prime Ribs posted:

Does anyone have the link to the A/T thread that Deadly Fear posted about him being a chiropractor, which inevitably blew up in his face? The only thing I can remember that happened in the thread was someone posted a picture of a dog's spine (i.e. an x-ray of one) and the OP didn't know that it wasn't human, and he pretty much got laughed out of his own thread.

I checked his post history, and it's not in there. Does that mean the thread was completely removed? :ohdear:

Here you go:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3251475&pagenumber=7

Optimus Prime Ribs
Jul 25, 2007

Awesome. Thanks, buddy. :3:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
I don't know where else to turn. I'm looking for a downloadable game where you have to add numbers. You control it with the keyboard and have a square with many numbers that you have to add to each other by holding a button to connect the low numbers to get the big one you want.
It's not that old, but searching is driving me mad. Searching for "number add game" and another dozen variants didn't help me.
It's flashy and i think you start out with ones and twos in red and blue.
Please help me! Although i was never good at that game, i want to play it again.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

RabbitWizard posted:

I don't know where else to turn. I'm looking for a downloadable game where you have to add numbers. You control it with the keyboard and have a square with many numbers that you have to add to each other by holding a button to connect the low numbers to get the big one you want.
It's not that old, but searching is driving me mad. Searching for "number add game" and another dozen variants didn't help me.
It's flashy and i think you start out with ones and twos in red and blue.
Please help me! Although i was never good at that game, i want to play it again.

Wow, that sounds a lot like a game I wrote, years ago. It's not quite the same, but the concept, and even the color scheme, sounds similar. In my game, you dragged numbers next to one another on a gameboard, and if the numbers added up to, or subtracted down to, the target number, you got points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pblol
Jun 27, 2008
I found this thread.

• Locked thread