Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is there a way to get better odds at breeding a non-hidden ability onto a pokemon? I have a chansey (with Serene Grace) and a ditto in the day care, and every single one of the dozens of kids has had serene grace. I can't get a Natural Cure one at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Could somebody check my safari and tell me what I have?

FC: 5429-7940-6993

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

nutranurse posted:

I've found a: Nidoran (M & F) and Zubat so far. Tentacool's a freaking staple of surfing/fishing so it's bound to be in-game (right? right??). Gastly are easy to get as well! Croagunk's a more uncommon find early on in the routes.

The Moon Monster posted:

All of them in the poison team can be. I'm not sure about Numel, Turtwig, Shellos and Larvesta. I believe Joltik can be foiund in friend safari.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

All of those except for Turtwig are available in Friend Safaris.

Thank you all for the quick responses! Figures that Turtwig would be the odd-man out what with being a Starter and all, but between the other two teams, Box should be up and running long before I am in need of him. Thanks again!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

HoneyBoy posted:

I'll check it, FC: 4871-3148-4608.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Reacean posted:

I'm going to show some of my ignorance here, but why are imposter dittos a big deal? Is it a for-battles thing? I don't see anyone using them, unless its for like online versus battles. I know Ditto is a big deal for breeding in general, but my understanding (having never bred pokemon) is that Imposter would be irrelevant for that.

Imposter Ditto can produce offspring with the other Pokemon's Hidden Ability, which is a big deal, since Hidden Abilites are often very useful for a lot of reasons (mostly battling).

Basically the way it works is that any of the two Pokemon breeding needs to have its Hidden Ability. Imposter Ditto just lets you breed whatever, instead of NEEDING something with a Hidden Ability.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

LeafyOrb posted:

It really seems like game freak's response to "oh poo poo Garchomp is too powerful" is gently caress it make all of the pokemon as ridiculous as humanly possible.

I was beating a friend pretty badly today then he pulled out Garchomp and half my team got wrecked by Earthquake :negative:

I still won but I somehow never realised that half of my team is weak to ground. E: My bad, it's only 2/6 but he OHKO'd 3 of them.

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 18, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Serperoth posted:

Imposter Ditto can produce offspring with the other Pokemon's Hidden Ability, which is a big deal, since Hidden Abilites are often very useful for a lot of reasons (mostly battling).

Basically the way it works is that any of the two Pokemon breeding needs to have its Hidden Ability. Imposter Ditto just lets you breed whatever, instead of NEEDING something with a Hidden Ability.

I'm pretty sure the breeder folks here have stated that this is not true at all, and I feel bad because I'm the one who initially linked the tweet that suggested it was true.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

Is there a way to get better odds at breeding a non-hidden ability onto a pokemon? I have a chansey (with Serene Grace) and a ditto in the day care, and every single one of the dozens of kids has had serene grace. I can't get a Natural Cure one at all.

If you got that Chansey from a friend zone try going on when the person is not online, as hidden abilities shouldn't appear then. No idea why you keep getting hidden abilities though, maybe you're just unlucky :shrug:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Serperoth posted:

Also, if you actually want to fight with a Ditto you pretty much need imposter :v:

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

LizzieRN posted:

If anyone could check my friend safari, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll have the game connected to the internet for the next few hours at least so that'll unlock the third Pokemon if I understand correctly.

Your land is Rock, and your pokemon are: Pupitar, Barbaracle, and Dweeble

Could someone check mine please? FC: 5429 - 7183 - 5581

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm pretty sure the breeder folks here have stated that this is not true at all, and I feel bad because I'm the one who initially linked the tweet that suggested it was true.

Wait really? I don't have the game, I'm just going by what I've been reading.

Well if it IS wrong, apologies.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Lame Devil posted:

I'll check it, 2707 1688 4125

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
So, apparently, if you're dirt poor, and take a taxi anywhere that's too expensive for you, you engage in battle with the taxi driver.

It's possible to mug him for his money if your Pokémons' levels are high enough.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
What's better ingame, Charizard X or Charizard Y?

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

The Moon Monster posted:

I'll check it, 2707 1688 4125

Thanks, added. My in game name is Crow.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Charizard X. It's a freaking dragon, man. :colbert:

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Smogon is having a discussion on this. It seems it started that everyone was sure that X was way better, but now some may be swaying toward Y due to Y having great special attack.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Lame Devil posted:

You're Dark, and have Sneasel and Pawniard

e: and Absol, I guess it takes awhile for my game to register that you've beaten the E4.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Zhent posted:

How do I add old games to my pokemon gl? I have a copy of white and white 2 I never actually used, and I am trying to set them up so I can move pokemon to the bank later on, but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to enter the older style game sync ID's?

It is not possible to add Generation 5 games to your Global Link account any more. The Generation 5 site is being shut down in stages, and registration of new accounts/game carts was among the first features to go. You will not be able to use the Global Link functionality in those games.

Poké Transporter is separate from the Global Link. You will not need to register your game to the Global Link to use it.

The Shortest Path posted:

Each child has an 80% probability of having the same ability slot as the mother, which in this case means that 80% of this Chansey's offspring should have Serene Grace.

Hammerite fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 18, 2013

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Pyroi posted:

I'll check it, FC: 4871-3148-4608.

Thanks, you showed up as Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Duosion.

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

The Moon Monster posted:

You're Dark, and have Sneasel and Pawniard

Sneasel and Pawniard ain't bad. I have a third, I think you may have checked before I came online but I am on now. Would you mind seeing if it updated to show my third? Also I am showering you with O-Powers.

edit: nvm. responded before you made the edit.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Faced off against a Japanese player on Rated Wifi earlier, my protean Greninja vs her multiscale Dragonite.

I Ice Beam, Weakness Policy activates and grants Dragonite +2 attack and special attack. Dragonite survives with maybe 1/3rd HP left and Dragon Dances.

I lose.

That item is absurdly broken on a bulky sweeper. Aegislash will have definite potential with it.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

HoneyBoy posted:

You're Ice-type, Lapras, Spheal, and Sneasel.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
So according to this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiGAq6LFMm6RdHlEU09XLVRXMnJXUFhGZC1uWjFnZlE#gid=0 and Crawfish himself, he has Ditto in his Friend Safari, but I'm only finding Mincinno and Aipom and my game says he only has the two. Is this just because he and I haven't both been online at the same time since he beat the game?

I just want good Dittos. :(

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.
Just tipping my hat into the Safari arena here. My FC is 4253-3992-5250. I have a Grass Safari with Pansage, Ivysaur(!) and Maractus.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Previous Jesus posted:

So according to this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiGAq6LFMm6RdHlEU09XLVRXMnJXUFhGZC1uWjFnZlE#gid=0 and Crawfish himself, he has Ditto in his Friend Safari, but I'm only finding Mincinno and Aipom and my game says he only has the two. Is this just because he and I haven't both been online at the same time since he beat the game?

I just want good Dittos. :(

You have to connect to the internet at the same time as him in game.

EDIT: Just the once though. Then it will always have three, and all three will be able to have their hidden abilities.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
So how do I add someone to my in game friends list if I have them on the friends list on the 3DS itself?

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

MrFlibble posted:

You have to connect to the internet at the same time as him in game.

EDIT: Just the once though. Then it will always have three, and all three will be able to have their hidden abilities.

Crawfish where are youuuuu.

Alternatively, is there anyone online now who has Ditto in their Friend Safari?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

UmbreonMessiah posted:

Just tipping my hat into the Safari arena here. My FC is 4253-3992-5250. I have a Grass Safari with Pansage, Ivysaur(!) and Maractus.

Added you! My FC is 3282 - 2347 - 4329 and I don't know what my safari is or contains because none of my friends will tell me. :(

VVVVV Red Card wasn't that overpowered last gen, unless they made changes to it. It's an expensive use of an item slot, and unless it hits something with boosts all it's going to do is let them switch out to something more likely to wreck your poo poo. That said, you could make good use out of it with Klefki, seeing as it has priority Spikes and Recycle.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 18, 2013

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Does anyone else think this Red Card item looks overpowered? Instantly removing an attacker from a battle, once per battle sounds pretty strong.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Finally started breeding Hawluchas. Naming them all El Pheasanto and shooting them off into WonderTrade until I get my Adamant deathmachine.

Quick question about evolving and move lists. If I evolve a Pokemon before he learns an ability that he won't learn in his newly evolved form, can I go to the move reminder and give him that move, or will it only list moves on that specific creature's movelist?

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Schubalts posted:

Does anyone else think this Red Card item looks overpowered? Instantly removing an attacker from a battle, once per battle sounds pretty strong.

It was in fifth generation and all it does is force the user to switch out, unless they changed it. It's not particularly good.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
They changed it, then. It says it removes the attacker from the battle. There's another item that only forces a switch.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Schubalts posted:

They changed it, then. It says it removes the attacker from the battle. There's another item that only forces a switch.

That's what the description said in 5th gen too. It's just a vague/sort of inaccurate description.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Another glitch has been found. This one washes out your Pokemon's colors.

To fix it, simply save and quit the game. When you come back, the Pokemon should be normal again.

This effect might look good on a number of Pokemon, actually. Maybe GF should implement some sort of Anti-Shiny system that produces individuals with muted color palettes in the next game.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Supersonic Shine posted:

Another glitch has been found. This one washes out your Pokemon's colors.

To fix it, simply save and quit the game. When you come back, the Pokemon should be normal again.

This effect might look good on a number of Pokemon, actually. Maybe GF should implement some sort of Anti-Shiny system that produces individuals with muted color palettes in the next game.
I wish there wasn't a way to fix the glitch, those look pretty great.

No
Sep 13, 2006

UmbreonMessiah posted:

Adding you! Wanna get that Ivysaur. 1521-3674-8737.

Honestly, I think I like post-game Pokemon much more than the main campaign, but I always have fun playing the campaign like I played the originals. Not caring about EVs, etc. and going into it blind.

Edit: You too Hjalmar and Crucifix

No fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 18, 2013

Velcro Crucifix
Oct 7, 2013
Anyone want to check my safari? My code is 3437-4266-7174!

Also jumping on the bandwagon for DW dittos. I'd like one named Gozer. :3:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Velcro Crucifix posted:

Anyone want to check my safari? My code is 3437-4266-7174!

Also jumping on the bandwagon for DW dittos. I'd like one named Gozer. :3:

I'll check yours if you check mine! I'm 3282-2347-4329.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.

Hjalmar posted:

Added you! My FC is 3282 - 2347 - 4329 and I don't know what my safari is or contains because none of my friends will tell me. :(

You're a Grass Safari with Tangela, Quilladin(!) and Swadloon.

• Locked thread