Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Pucci is forever tanned to remember his master, one who cannot obtain a tan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

For a guy named Vanilla Ice, dude's pretty dark. Maybe this is a recurring theme among Dio's servants.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Silver2195 posted:

Pucci isn't black, he's just drawn that way. Guy's clearly supposed to be Italian. But yes, it's kind of ironic.

Pucci, Pearla, and Weather are all siblings. They're all half black, half italian. Pucci was just the only one who actually got the skin tone.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Pucci, Pearla, and Weather are all siblings. They're all half black, half italian. Pucci was just the only one who actually got the skin tone.

No, they just thought Weather had black ancestry because his adoptive father was black.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Silver2195 posted:

Pucci isn't black, he's just drawn that way. Guy's clearly supposed to be Italian. But yes, it's kind of ironic.

As if a KKK member would care.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Pucci also did not put a hit on Weather he just asked some detective in town to threaten Weather to make him stop dating his sister. The guy just happened to be a member of the KKK and he went overboard.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Stardust Crusaders anime adaptation announced!

No details yet but they'll reveal more info over the next few weeks in SJ.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I came here to post the same thing. All my dreams coming true~ Can't wait to find out when we can expect it. Next season, I think, would be nice, since tomorrow is probably unreasonable.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

It's like your parents confirming your birthday party. You knew it was coming. You knew there was no possible way they wouldn't do it.

But you're still excited as hell.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yessss, now come on and do extremely well so I can have some mild hopes for a Diamond is Unbreakable anime! :unsmith:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Perigryn posted:

No details yet but they'll reveal more info over the next few weeks in SJ.

I can only dream that it'll be as good as I hope, but they did so well with 1 & 2 I'm willing to trust the series with David. :allears:

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Perigryn posted:

:holy: Yay. They're going to get to the fight with Daniel, then they'll get to the fight with Terrence, then they'll get to the fight with Dio, and then I'll never watch anything else ever again. Just this in an infinite loop.

Everyone's I've seen is posting this:

and then calling Part 3 anime. There was also apparently some 2ch post about it going around.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am so hyped guys, Part 3 is one of my favorite parts and I can't wait to hear Junichi Suwabe as Terrence some more, it's gonna be fuckin amazing.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Am I happy? Yes I am!

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Gewd.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, we're getting closer to part four.

:excellent:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Ugh this is one step closer to sweet sweet animated GioGio designs. Go, Jojo! Go and get mad ad revenue!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sailor moon anime confirmed for January 2014, with subtitles in 10 languages, including, presumably, English.

EDIT:Uhh, wrong thread. Yay JoJo's.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 16, 2013

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

You may have posted that in the wrong thread.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I certainly did. My hype for JoJo's and Sailor Moon made me confused.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Did You Know? Pizza Hut has operated in Japan since 1973. Stardust Crusaders takes place in 1989. I -really- want to see some of those Jojo poses and expressions combined with the act of eating pizza. :allears:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Did You Know? Pizza Hut has operated in Japan since 1973. Stardust Crusaders takes place in 1989. I -really- want to see some of those Jojo poses and expressions combined with the act of eating pizza. :allears:

Do you remember how many crusts you've eaten in your life?

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
The name of Joshuu's stand has been revealed:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
And for those of us who can't read Japanese?

EDIT: My bad, didn't see the small Engrish above the Japanese name.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 18, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Nut King Call? .....Ohhh, I get it, it's Nat King Cole

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I think there's a transliteration above the name. I'm guessing it's actually Nat King Cole.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's like a little pun, because of nuts and bolts, right?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Crossposting from the Dynasty Warriors thread

Policenaut posted:

So... JoJo Musou might be A Thing. Tecmo Koei just tweeted this tease about something happening next week, then said sorry we've just been really tense about it!

┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨

I really don't see how they could do that since Jojo doesn't exactly have many mooks, but I would still buy the hell out of it.

Tobaccrow posted:

The name of Joshuu's stand has been revealed:

Does that say what his stand does?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Well from what we've seen it's like Sticky Fingers (detach body parts).

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm still wondering if it really does detach body parts, or make people think that they lost the body part. After Joshuu ran away, the guy's hand was suddenly back to normal.

E: just seen the raws of the newest jojolion (I'm not gonna comment on the *things* that are happening till we get the translation tomorrow), there's a couple pieces of One Piece memorabilia in one of the panels that have the sameface on it.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 18, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I assumed that was because his stand went out of range.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

The whole "being out of range" thing seems inconsistent. Josuke from part 4 can trap Angelo in the rock forever, yet other Stand effects wear off if the user gets out of range.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The whole "being out of range" thing seems inconsistent. Josuke from part 4 can trap Angelo in the rock forever, yet other Stand effects wear off if the user gets out of range.

As I see it effective range has two components in the series, range of action and range of effect. Josuke needs to be within a certain distance to use his stand on you but the effect itself has no range. The turtle didn't die when Josuke went home but he couldn't have healed it from home. Joshuu's stand does seem to have a limited range to its effect. It's just part of the unique nature of each stand I guess.

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my rear end?

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Am I wrong in remembering when Joshuu left the thug's hands were reversed?

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Broseph Brostar posted:

Does that say what his stand does?

It says he can dismantle things by sticking his stand's nuts and screws to something, then removing the nut. He can also use them to attach different things together.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Baofu posted:

Am I wrong in remembering when Joshuu left the thug's hands were reversed?

Just checked it and that does seem to be the case. I can't wait to see what other crazy poo poo we're going to see because of it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope they keep the anime train rolling after part 3. Steel ball run is basically begging for an anime adaptation.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Flython posted:

As I see it effective range has two components in the series, range of action and range of effect. Josuke needs to be within a certain distance to use his stand on you but the effect itself has no range. The turtle didn't die when Josuke went home but he couldn't have healed it from home. Joshuu's stand does seem to have a limited range to its effect. It's just part of the unique nature of each stand I guess.

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my rear end?

Newest chapter spoilers Joshuu? used his stand to undress Yasuho and after she got into a car and was driven away from him, her clothes her still undone. That being said it could have just been an illusion from Tsurugi's stand, because there were two Joshuus at once so one of them was probably fake. Really creepy chapter, would be a horrifying situation to be in, especially with all the text saying the same words.

DrManiac posted:

I hope they keep the anime train rolling after part 3. Steel ball run is basically begging for an anime adaptation.

poo poo I just wanna see SBR and part IV animated, the D'Arby fight is already animated so we barely even need a part III anime. Part IV would flow episode to episode much better. I know it would never happen, but I wanna see a live action version of Jojolion. It would fit really well with the odd twinpeakiness.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 21, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Broseph Brostar posted:

poo poo I just wanna see SBR and part IV animated, the D'Arby fight is already animated so we are barely even need a part III anime.

No, we need an animated Part 3. A better Dio vs Jotaro fight and basically every Egyptian God stand would be amazing animated, especially Oingo Boingo and Gamer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Sex_Ferguson posted:

No, we need an animated Part 3. A better Dio vs Jotaro fight and basically every Egyptian God stand would be amazing animated, especially Oingo Boingo and Gamer.

As much as I love David Productions, I seriously doubt they're going to animate a better Dio vs Jotaro fight than the one from the OVA.

• Locked thread