Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

That change is probably for the better. Still worth replacing Brick Break with though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I've spent all day catching dittos in the friend safari, hoping to get an ideal one to make breeding simple. 70+ dittos later and this is the best I have to show for it. I'm not even trying for something absurd like perfect across the board, I just want really good stats in everything. Which shouldn't be THAT hard given two IVs are guaranteed perfect, but no.

I have the worst luck with these games. Can't get shinies, good IVs, or catch pokemon easily. Had dittos with 1 hp break out of repeat balls 10 times in a row.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, the odds of getting something with 25+ IVs in everything, even including two locked stats, is like .14% Which is like 1 in 700 I think. Each time. So still completely loving impossible, just not lottery impossible. County fair raffle impossible.

Plus with the new 5 inheritance thing you can breed it with a friend safari catch and have a guaranteed 5 31s. It's a bit more work per dude you want to breed, but it means you are only rolling a single stat, which is so absurdly great compared to what it was before.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

jwang posted:

What I see every time I do super training punching bags:

LAY-ZX posted:

This didn't get nearly enough love

That is pretty :allears:
The art of EV-training has been in the Armstrong family for generations.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Not inside caves!

You can't Teleport inside caves. That's what Escape Ropes is for

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
So the Battle Facility in Not-Paris continues the trend of being completely bullshit with Pokemon carrying Weakness Clauses (sharply raise Attack and Special Attack) and now I'm fighting a team composed of Heatran and Cresselia :argh:

Jun 23, 2010

nutranurse posted:

Sorry it's an Emolga.

At least I can keep hunting! :(

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Desperate Character posted:

So the Battle Facility in Not-Paris continues the trend of being completely bullshit with Pokemon carrying Weakness Clauses (sharply raise Attack and Special Attack) and now I'm fighting a team composed of Heatran and Cresselia :argh:

It also seems to outright cheat. My Blaziken with maximum speed investment got outsped by a Bibarel after a turn of Speed Boost. The Bibarel wasn't scarfed or anything.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I bred 10 Froakies today and I already got modest on a male and female.

Also, let's try and put this to rest for good, :havlat:IMPOSTER DITTO DOES NOT PASS HIDDEN ABILITIES:havlat:

Also, what's the easiest way of getting an Everstone?

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
Alright, I'm not actually at Friend Safari yet, but it sounds exciting and I wanna jump right in when I hit it.

0645-5981-7158

Let me know if you add me and I'll add you too.

Thanks!

Solartide fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 19, 2013

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

kater posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, the odds of getting something with 25+ IVs in everything, even including two locked stats, is like .14% Which is like 1 in 700 I think. Each time. So still completely loving impossible, just not lottery impossible. County fair raffle impossible.

Plus with the new 5 inheritance thing you can breed it with a friend safari catch and have a guaranteed 5 31s. It's a bit more work per dude you want to breed, but it means you are only rolling a single stat, which is so absurdly great compared to what it was before.

You'd have to catch a mon with the right nature in the friend safari though, which would be really tedious given how many natures there are. It would also have to have the IVs not covered by the ditto, so the odds are even lower. I thought maybe I would get lucky and just be able to use one ditto but that doesn't look to be the case. I think I'm just going to say gently caress it and use that ditto for breeding, I'm not getting anything better and my luck never improves.

At least I have a ditto for every nature now? :smith:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So where is the EXP share?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

LAY-ZX posted:

It also seems to outright cheat. My Blaziken with maximum speed investment got outsped by a Bibarel after a turn of Speed Boost. The Bibarel wasn't scarfed or anything.

Did it have Moody? Or did it use a priority attack? Are you sure it wasn't scarfed? Are you sure you invested in speed and not something else? I really doubt the game would cheat.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Also, what's the easiest way of getting an Everstone?

I got it recently. Pretty sure I got it by talking to a person in a house in Shalour. (Or maybe it was Geosenge. I think one has the Everstone and the other has the Evolite.)

bowmore posted:

So where is the EXP share?

It's given to you after you beat the first Gym and try to leave town.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

Did it have Moody? Or did it use a priority attack? Are you sure it wasn't scarfed? Are you sure you invested in speed and not something else? I really doubt the game would cheat.

My Blaziken has maximum speed EVs and its nature doesn't hinder it, it wasn't paralyzed the Bibarel used Surf, it was not scarfed because it used a different attack after KOing Blaziken, and it didn't have Moody. I spent ten minutes frantically searching for how it could have possibly done that and turned up nothing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

LAY-ZX posted:

My Blaziken has maximum speed EVs and its nature doesn't hinder it, it wasn't paralyzed the Bibarel used Surf, it was not scarfed because it used a different attack after KOing Blaziken, and it didn't have Moody. I spent ten minutes frantically searching for how it could have possibly done that and turned up nothing.

Quick claw, maybe?

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

LAY-ZX posted:

Sounds like Quick Claw to me. Probably one of the most rage inducing items used by Battle <location> trainers, in the same bull-poo poo league as OHKO moves and all legendary teams.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
What city is that woman who gives you a different TM for answering her quiz (not the one in the pokecenter)?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

LAY-ZX posted:

Does your Blaziken have a speed neutral nature? If that's the case a plus speed natured Bibarel would outspeed if Unaware now ignores speed boosts. That's all I can come up with.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Quick claw, maybe?

gently caress, yeah, probably. I would've button mashed my way through the activation message. I hate the battle facilities.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What city is that woman who gives you a different TM for answering her quiz (not the one in the pokecenter)?

Courmaline City, the fourth gym city.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Pretty sure its the one with the Grass gym... She's located on the northern part of the town.

EDIT: Also I'm curious as to what my Safari Zone contains, my FC is 5370-0412-2211.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Does the Poke Radar work in the Friend Safari? Also what's a good nature for a Protean Froakie? SpA+ Def-? Or Speed+ Attack-?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Alcatrash posted:

Why is the game sync server always busy?

This is a few pages back, but I got your answer. It seems like there's a problem if you try to Game Sync more than once. But if you save and quit and come back into the game, you can do a second Game Sync that way. It's bizarre and not really worth setting it up to autosync.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Does the Poke Radar work in the Friend Safari? Also what's a good nature for a Protean Froakie? SpA+ Def-? Or Speed+ Attack-?

No, it doesn't. I checked last night.

Protean Froakie wants either +SpA or +Speed, with no penalty to the other. Probably +Speed is better. I'm breeding Hasty protean Froakies, personally.

Taoto
Oct 22, 2010

Hehehe... Everything's going according to plan, right?

RoboCicero posted:

It took me way too long to realize that I could swap any two tiles with each other instead of just the tile immediately adjacent to it. Also, you are seriously a puzzle wizard. 7 seconds?

I don't know for sure on the higher difficulties, but at least on Easy, the pieces get arranged so you only need to swap each piece once to get them in place. So at the start, you can find the piece that needs to go in the top left corner, then swap it for the one actually IN the top left corner, and both pieces will be in their correct spots. Once you realize this and that the border of the puzzle is always the same color pattern, you can get your time down pretty easily.

This is also probably the fastest way to get Poke Puffs.

Taoto fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 19, 2013

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Zurai posted:

No, it doesn't. I checked last night.

Protean Froakie wants either +SpA or +Speed, with no penalty to the other. Probably +Speed is better. I'm breeding Hasty protean Froakies, personally.

Greninja already has speed out the rear end because of it's base stats, It's attack stats need the help more.

Robin357Lazarus
Jul 5, 2008

Is there any drawback to not evolving my Quilladin to Chesnaught? I would prefer to have her fat instead of tiny-headed.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

LeafyOrb posted:

Greninja already has speed out the rear end because of it's base stats, It's attack stats need the help more.

Without a + Speed nature Greninja won't outspeed Alakazam, Starmie, Gengar, Latios, Terrakion or Keldeo. It absolutely needs speed. Hasty or Naive is probably best.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Techniichan posted:

Is there any drawback to not evolving my Quilladin to Chesnaught? I would prefer to have her fat instead of tiny-headed.

Worse stats, worse moves, worse type

In other words, every possible drawback, yes.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Techniichan posted:

The big stat jump from evolving, for one.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

LeafyOrb posted:

With Protean you want to be able to outspeed everything possible without being locked into a single move.

MadiTC
May 31, 2011
Does anyone have that imgur album with all the shiny Pokemon? I want to see if Shiny Malamar is in there because I'm really curious what it looks like.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

MadiTC posted:

Does anyone have that imgur album with all the shiny Pokemon? I want to see if Shiny Malamar is in there because I'm really curious what it looks like.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Techniichan posted:

Same drawbacks there always are. Missing a 50% stat boost solely because Gamefreaks don't realize their cute designs are better than their 8 year old power fantasy nonsense. Fighting isn't exactly great defensively, so Quilladin might be better off than some. Probably missing a huge amount of moves though.

MadiTC
May 31, 2011

Ahaha that's really goofy looking, thanks.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Screw the haters. Throw Eviolite on Quilladin, give it Leech Seed, Toxic and Protect and Play With Your Favourites.

Robin357Lazarus
Jul 5, 2008

Techniichan posted:

Tears have been shed. Thanks, goons.

Edit: Thanks for the insight, Hjalmar! I may consider this route.

Robin357Lazarus fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 19, 2013

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

kater posted:

Missing a 50% stat boost solely because Gamefreaks don't realize their cute designs are better than their 8 year old power fantasy nonsense.

How dare stronger things look stronger than the things they are stronger than!

e: Also that's a weird thing to say because that's kind of just an opinion.

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 19, 2013

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Solartide posted:

Alright, I'm not actually at Friend Safari yet, but it sounds exciting and I wanna jump right in when I hit it.

0645-5981-7158

Let me know if you add me and I'll add you too.

Thanks!

Oh snap, I put down the wrong code, updated it with the real one, sorry guys!

Solartide fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I have a three-31s Ditto and on my first try with the Breloom I was given I got one with four perfect IVs!

...the imperfect IVs are Attack and Speed. :eng99:

Still, with just a tiny bit more work to get a female with appropriate IVs we'll be in business cranking out ubermensch captureshrooms like it ain't even a thing.

• Locked thread