Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Dogo posted:

Ok what the hell then... I am sitting in lsc now with a pristine baller and they are offering $8,550 for it. Other cars i have sold were reduced as well. I am also on the 360

What is your rank? Were you in a regular session or invite only?

35. Solo. Untouched from garage to LSC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007

Hockles posted:

35. Solo. Untouched from garage to LSC.

Apparently the 5% good behavior 'discount' isn't just for buying.....

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Yay, I just got the missing cars bug. Somehow a car a deleted a few days ago is the only one in my garage and I lost my jeep and other car that I'd painted crew color. That sucks.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Saw two dudes driving around in an invisible vehicle. To me, it looked like they were animated to be sitting in a motorcycle with a sidecar. Beach party vehicle modders have extracted from 1.04?

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
#YOLO

Bonus Wallpaper!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Even if it ended in kind of a whimper, that was some of the best racing I've ever been in. 1009ers should be proud. :911:

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus
I somehow lost on wave 8 of a survival match without dying. Full health, no death animation, just stopped abruptly and said FAILED. When it booted me from the survival match, I was in my car, which was oscillating rapidly inside a shipping crate. When I got out of the car, it propelled the crate six or seven yards until it hit a flatbed trailer and then stopped. After five minutes or so, the car managed to extricate itself.

Am I safe in assuming this isn't a feature?

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

DongsMcMurphy posted:

I somehow lost on wave 8 of a survival match without dying. Full health, no death animation, just stopped abruptly and said FAILED. When it booted me from the survival match, I was in my car, which was oscillating rapidly inside a shipping crate. When I got out of the car, it propelled the crate six or seven yards until it hit a flatbed trailer and then stopped. After five minutes or so, the car managed to extricate itself.

Am I safe in assuming this isn't a feature?

Yes, but I wish it was.

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus
I should add that the car was completely unharmed.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

a kitten posted:

It may not be very fast, but it gets me to work and that's all that really matters.:colbert:

After tooling around downtown, I stumbled across a goon and some other person trying to kill each other. I at least hope it was a nice surprise for them when I turned the corner into their alleyway and tried to squash the pubbie.

I got blown up shortly thereafter, it turns out those things aren't very maneuverable.

That was me! My friend and I were screwing around and destroying each other's personal vehicles when your giant truck came and stole the show. Did that just spawn somewhere or do you have to buy it?

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

JAssassin posted:

Even if it ended in kind of a whimper, that was some of the best racing I've ever been in. 1009ers should be proud. :911:

Yea it was great until the recipe for the most irritating race ever:

1. GTA Race
2. Long point to point.
3. Coupes.
4. Police on.

But I got some footage I guess. Here's the video stream in its unedited entirety: http://www.twitch.tv/jerkstoresup/b/471454247

I'll pick the best bits out for a video, or if there's not enough good footage, save it for a future goon highlight reel.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Oh cool, the 3 levels and $30k I earned earlier this evening are gone.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Captain McStabbin posted:

That was me! My friend and I were screwing around and destroying each other's personal vehicles when your giant truck came and stole the show. Did that just spawn somewhere or do you have to buy it?

I grabbed it up at the Davis Quartz quarry just to the Southeast of Sandy Shores. It only goes like 10 miles an hour so it takes a while to get back to civilization.

I was disappointed to find out that the ladders and stuff are just for show, it would be great if you could have people climb up on it and man those platforms and walkways with crew members.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 19, 2013

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
So to anyone caught in bad sport hell, does bad sport status follow you from character to character? I just started my second character and was wondering if I should play him as a total supervillian.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Man, I'm really glad I took advantage of the glitch to bank up a lot of cash, what with the apparent reduction of all mission cash rewards in half. I know a lot of people wonder what the point of playing is if you cheat yourself all the money you'd ever need, but not everyone is the same when it comes to enjoying games. Constantly wondering about how I can max my cash per hour and crap like that is too close to actual work or MMO bullshit for me to ever be able to have fun.

GTA should be mix/max and grindy mmo style bullshit free. I just want freedom to go around and shoot a mans, race, or fly, or do fun missions without worrying about my bank roll and whether or not I'm making the most out of time played financially. It really should be a bit more arcade-y than it is -- it's not exactly playing to the strengths of the franchise in my opinion, at least.

As it is now, I can just go around and do whatever the gently caress I want that is fun and varied, without worrying about running out of cash because any death will wipe away 2 missions worth of effort instantly. Or thinking about how I'd be much better off, money wise, by just running the same boring mission over, and over again. Such bullshit.

Damo fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 19, 2013

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Sorry about those pubbies who got in the race circuit and spoiled things, I forgot to set the match to closed :(

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

We've been doing GTA races with 5-6 crewmates for the last 3 hours and I can see this alone being entertaining enough to last months.

loving months.

Goddamn.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I love racing but the minute I get bumped, I'm out. I'd rather spend 3 days in bad sport mode than a few minutes in a race getting bumped around.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Slim Killington posted:

I love racing but the minute I get bumped, I'm out. I'd rather spend 3 days in bad sport mode than a few minutes in a race getting bumped around.
I time my starts to T-Bone the next nearest racer :shobon: Rubbin is racing.

Also Micro SMGs is racing.

Stickies is racing.

Leaving your car in the middle of the road, carjacking a box truck, and blocking 4 lanes of traffic with grenades and assault rifles is racing.

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.

iRend posted:

Sweet, there's online leaderboards for minigames as well.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/minigames/sport/golf/mp

I'm #222 worldwide for golf. I play too much golf.

All I need for #1 is a -13 game! Can't be too hard right?

I'm #123 worldwide and #1 in AWCO-- come get me goons, I managed a nine under. (No eagles, either, it figures the time I play a perfect round-- birdies on every hole, I don't have the favorable wind to eagle any hole-- the drat wind was in my face all game). I usually range between -3 to -6, but I've gotten -8 a few times and -9 that one time.

Also, I hope the cloud saves my progress tonight as I managed to win 6 or 7 races in a row and I so rarely win races that my heart would hurt if it were lost. I was one away from unlocking turbo! Haven't done any win-trading yet, but you bet your rear end I'm getting my wins back that way if that cloud eats my progress.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The game seems rather confused about my progress at the moment. I bought a car earlier and that remained in my garage but the money I spent on it was refunded and I lost one rank. Also the "Ron won't give jobs" problem mysteriously fixed itself.

Coldforge posted:

Sorry about those pubbies who got in the race circuit and spoiled things, I forgot to set the match to closed :(

I would always start so well and then get bumped and fly into a river or something. I even got hit by a goddamn train at one point. At least I got a bunch of turbo starts I guess, I think some parts require those. I think I'll pretty much have to cheese it and trade wins with somebody to get anything else.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Traffic sucks. And so do bikes.

I already have to trade about 30 wins

I desperately want chrome cars.
I only stopped playing because i got an awful sound glitch

sounds like everyone is trying to speak past a bunch of digital bleeps.

Also why are Robyn and Kelly Rowland So drat rare on non stop pop, I'm not sure I can take adult education, don't wanna fall in love, or lady hear me tonight anymore or i will go into a frenzy

VV Also never figured out how i aimed at our own buzzard VV

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 19, 2013

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Slim Killington posted:

Incidental contact will always happen, but yeah. When people are deliberately trying to shove you off the road, it sucks.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobs!

So myself and super-chill goon Chard just ground out all the race unlocks in one go. It was mind-numbing but god drat my Coquette has some awesome acceleration now. Hopefully everything is still there in the morning, if the cloud loses my race wins I'm going to lose my drat mind

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Man, they really need to add Franklin's Buffalo to online. I would gladly buy his variant for my garage, the regular one they have is nowhere near as cool :(

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Sorry if it's been asked a lot, this thread moves really fast. I was under the impression that you could use sticky bombs to open safes in stores you rob. Was I mistaken?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Thanks for the golf round johnsrog, sorry for shooting you in the face immediately after. Bounty and all, you know how it is.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Damo posted:

I just want freedom to go around and shoot a mans, race, or fly, or do fun missions without worrying about my bank roll and whether or not I'm making the most out of time played financially.

But most of that is there already. The only thing you really need to grind away at are some of the weapons (which is lame) and some of the expensive cars. Everything else you unlock or can afford after a week of playing.

I understand why some people want to have tanks and full heists from Rank 1, but I don't mind the current system. They just need to tweak the payouts/RP of missions that suck and continue to make free roam more appealing.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Pleads posted:

We've been doing GTA races with 5-6 crewmates for the last 3 hours and I can see this alone being entertaining enough to last months.

loving months.

Goddamn.

Who did I accidentally explode on the highway race through LS earlier? I'm TBONETBONETBONE.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dangerous Person posted:

Sorry if it's been asked a lot, this thread moves really fast. I was under the impression that you could use sticky bombs to open safes in stores you rob. Was I mistaken?

Yes.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Can't remember who blew up, but I was B0BULONIMUS. That was a fun mini-tournament, it's nice to race something other than supercars. My only gripe was the traffic, mostly on the motorcycle races, since I hit so much poo poo anyways without laggy ped SUVs slamming me off my bike. :v:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hakarne posted:

So myself and super-chill goon Chard just ground out all the race unlocks in one go. It was mind-numbing but god drat my Coquette has some awesome acceleration now. Hopefully everything is still there in the morning, if the cloud loses my race wins I'm going to lose my drat mind

Thanks for the races good buddy. It was mostly mind-numbing, but so much better than doing it any other way. I also maxed out my Coquette and it can barely stay on the road, thing wants to fly :haw:

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
Anyone who hasn't yet needs to find a friend, set bounties on each other, piss off the cops, and then Thelma and Louise it against the whole server for as long as you can.

If setting bounties didn't cost the same as most mission payouts, this is probably the only thing I would do.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Damo posted:

As it is now, I can just go around and do whatever the gently caress I want that is fun and varied, without worrying about running out of cash because any death will wipe away 2 missions worth of effort instantly. Or thinking about how I'd be much better off, money wise, by just running the same boring mission over, and over again.

Honestly I kind of regret not going for the money glitch, at least enough to be comfortable that I don't need to worry about buying car parts and all that. Rockstar hasn't banned anyone aside from maybe the idiots who capped their money and probably won't punish even most of the people who did it by now, then they just made getting money an even more boring slog the "proper" way, so next time one of these pops up why the hell not.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Who did I accidentally explode on the highway race through LS earlier? I'm TBONETBONETBONE.
I don't think that was us. Everyone we had is a long-time group who were in a Live party except for one pubby who slipped through our matchmaking cracks for about ~15 minutes before he bailed out when he realized we're absolutely awful to try to seriously race against.

Also there's no accidental explosions when we race :getin:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Nothing like "getting kicked by other players" within sight of the checkered flag in a GTA race. gently caress these technical issues yo

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Yardbomb posted:

Honestly I kind of regret not going for the money glitch, at least enough to be comfortable that I don't need to worry about buying car parts and all that. Rockstar hasn't banned anyone aside from maybe the idiots who capped their money and probably won't punish even most of the people who did it by now, then they just made getting money an even more boring slog the "proper" way, so next time one of these pops up why the hell not.

Yeah, I ended up doing enough for about 21million, 11 of which was put into a big amount of cars and Pegasus vehicles. It's huge fun to drop 10k bounties on people and watch the fireworks happen and call Merryweather hit teams on goons. Having enough money that you can screw around with and help people complete missions is nice, there's a lot of stuff you speed up with a Buzzard like Base Invaders or Mixed Up With Coke.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Yup, the Rebel owns. Good addition to my rusty-rear end car collection.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Never lost a car until I downloaded the latest patch. Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eriic
Aug 9, 2009

Twisp, is this a truth? Do you do evil?

leidend posted:

Never lost a car until I downloaded the latest patch. Awesome.

Did you call Mors Mutual? Did you try to fit a tracker at LSC when your garage was full? Did you order a car online while your garage was full?

Do the first thing if you haven't done it. Don't ever do the other two.

• Locked thread