Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bde1OOYJIvg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Watching Leitner play makes me really, really sad. First, he's one of the many talents 1860 had to sell in order to stay alive. Can you image what that guy would do to his opponents if he'd still be with us?

But second and much more important: He's so loving talented yet you just know that he'll end up playing for middle class clubs. From what you read he's lazy, a major rear end in a top hat, not a team player at all and got his head so far up his own rear end that he's oblivious to anything anyone else is trying to teach him. He'll never get any better than he is now and that's not nearly enough to become a top player IMO.

For past reference see Timo "Discobrawler" Gebhardt.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Fox getting the rights is terrific news. Since they lost the Premier League, maybe the Bundesliga can replace it to become their flagship programing. At any rate, anything is better than GolTV, which isn't even available in my area. No more lovely streams for me! :dance:

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Reset Smith posted:

Fox getting the rights is terrific news. Since they lost the Premier League, maybe the Bundesliga can replace it to become their flagship programing. At any rate, anything is better than GolTV, which isn't even available in my area. No more lovely streams for me! :dance:

GolTV is refreshingly simple Fox will have Gus loving Johnson calling games in Germany.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

AlexF posted:

Watching Leitner play makes me really, really sad. First, he's one of the many talents 1860 had to sell in order to stay alive. Can you image what that guy would do to his opponents if he'd still be with us?

But second and much more important: He's so loving talented yet you just know that he'll end up playing for middle class clubs. From what you read he's lazy, a major rear end in a top hat, not a team player at all and got his head so far up his own rear end that he's oblivious to anything anyone else is trying to teach him. He'll never get any better than he is now and that's not nearly enough to become a top player IMO.

You can tell by how he has an orange tan year round his priorities are out of whack. Maybe he will lose the diva attitude some day.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Wasn't Kevin Volland another of those players 1860 had to sell?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Rycalawre posted:

Or the Bender twins.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Oh poo poo yeah. Thats a lot of talent to lose.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Yeah, but it seems that these three will actually make an impact. Volland is still running circles around everyone like he did in the second league and the Benders are already superb players. I love those two guys. They still have that old school mentality of football and don't mind getting their hands dirty but are actually able to play a good pass or two when it's needed. That's a killer combination right there.

Also, I'll never get tired of the many injuries of Sven Bender. Jürgen Klopp simply called the last one a "Ganzkörperprellung" because they couldn't even narrow it down anymore. He's bruised and broken pretty much everything there is to bruise and break, even his eyeball. The best thing though: He's up and running in no time again. I do have this theory, where there's a third, secret Bender and they are switching places whenever needed.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Leitner looked promising playing for Augsburg in the 2.Bundesliga, but so far I haven't seen more than promise from the lazy bugger.

Maybe a late rear end resurgence when he turns 30 and competent all of a sudden.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Actual football is back, thank gently caress. Looking forward to a 3-2 for us tonight.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Jesus Christ, put a loving chip in the ball already.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Just loving great, they are so going to repeat this game. DFB will find any reason to revise this.

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
Hoffenheim got a good goal called off for offside. Leverkusen score a goal through the side of the net.

Not Hoffenheims day, this.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Holy poo poo this whole game owns so much.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
So the boffins at the Bundesliga have discovered you can score from the side-netting, have they?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

Just loving great, they are so going to repeat this game. DFB will find any reason to revise this.

As they should.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

As they should.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't like this any more than you guys do, but I have to ask: why? Where is the difference between a legitimate goal that gets called back due to supposed offside (...just like the first one for Hoffenheim in this game :suicide:) and a goal that you get which wasn't one? Now I don't doubt that the DFB will have us repeat this game due to public pressure, but by the letter of the law, it's a Tatsachenentscheidung and has to stand. I think it's hypocritical as gently caress to be against video and goalline technology because wrong decisions by the ref are Part Of The Game (not your opinion, but that of many, including the DFB), but then freak out when poo poo like this happens.

As for Kießlings role in this, I want to believe he told the ref it wasn't a goal, but at the end of the day, he's a pro and I can't fault him because I think I would have done the same.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

AlexF posted:

Rycalawre posted:

Healbot posted:

Or the Bender twins.

Please stop, I barely was able to get over the 1860 lineup theorycrafting we did last month. :crying-sechzig-lion:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Katana Gomai posted:

Now don't get me wrong, I don't like this any more than you guys do, but I have to ask: why? Where is the difference between a legitimate goal that gets called back due to supposed offside (...just like the first one for Hoffenheim in this game :suicide:) and a goal that you get which wasn't one? Now I don't doubt that the DFB will have us repeat this game due to public pressure, but by the letter of the law, it's a Tatsachenentscheidung and has to stand. I think it's hypocritical as gently caress to be against video and goalline technology because wrong decisions by the ref are Part Of The Game (not your opinion, but that of many, including the DFB), but then freak out when poo poo like this happens.

As for Kießlings role in this, I want to believe he told the ref it wasn't a goal, but at the end of the day, he's a pro and I can't fault him because I think I would have done the same.

It's literally a goal that shouldn't have happened with a normal netting. It will almost certainly be replayed.

Edit: The ref was even supposed to check if the goal nets were in order, it is 100% down to Brych and his linos.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Oct 19, 2013

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
First game with our interim trainer today. Hopefully Wiesinger was the actual cancer to the team and not just an obvious scapegoat. I'm trying to maintain optimism here. :anarchists:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Neat, we were top of the table for all of four minutes. :v:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Tika Taka killing Bayern, thank god.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Boateng :newlol:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Schrom you idiot!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
kill me now

Octo1
May 7, 2009
Second half seems to be going better for Bayern

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Octo1 posted:

Second half seems to be going better for Bayern

Kinda :)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Phwoar bit of passing there, I have to admit. Quick reaction on Müller's part, too.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
We're taking it a bit too easy right now, though.

Edit: Welp. 3:1 literally as I post. Götze's starting to show his worth.

MuLepton fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 19, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Ugh gently caress you Mandzukic you Reese-looking bastard.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Dunban posted:

kill me now

Man, being a Bayern fan must be tough.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Dunban posted:

kill me now

no wait don't do it

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Schieber is back! and he almost Scored!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Reset Smith posted:

Schieber is back! and he almost Scored!

You mean almost scored like Gomez or almost scored like Schieber? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Schieber is the Jozy Altidore of German football.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Dunban posted:

Schieber is the Jozy Altidore of German football.

They are both awesome?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Reset Smith posted:

They are both awesome?

Hmm yes, let's go with that.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Everybody knows that - he's getting chants in every stadium!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

Everybody knows that - he's getting chants in every stadium!

:downsrim:

• Locked thread