Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Dastardly posted:

Check out Giantbomb's quicklook of X/Y if you want to watch three grown men not being able to figure out how to not roller skate everywhere. :shrug:

About that, equip the Dowsing Machine and you can walk and run with the circle pad :eng101:

At the cost of looking like an idiot.

Millions posted:

He's asking if you can get all the Kanto and Johto Pokémon. And the answer is mostly yes, save for Johto's starters and legendaries. Here are all the unobtainable Pokémon until late December: http://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml

Wait, there was something announced for late December?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Level Slide posted:

Wait, there was something announced for late December?

Poke Bank, the transfer app.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Lame Devil posted:

Thanks for this. My brother loves his Starmie so I can't wait to OHKO it with a dark pulse. Would you mind explaining why you prefer spikes over toxic spikes for Greninja?

Spikes are much better than Toxic Spikes on offensive teams since it does more damage up front. Toxic Spikes are better on stall but a fast, frail attacker doesn't really fit on stall so a fast spiker on offensive teams is a better fit for it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Supersonic Shine posted:

Another glitch has been found. This one washes out your Pokemon's colors.

To fix it, simply save and quit the game. When you come back, the Pokemon should be normal again.

This effect might look good on a number of Pokemon, actually. Maybe GF should implement some sort of Anti-Shiny system that produces individuals with muted color palettes in the next game.

Sha-touched Pokemon. :v:

Edit: Sabrina: "Even though we left Vaniville Town at the same time, you've become much stronger than me. Why is that?" I dunno, maybe you should try using more than three Pokemon, Sabrina. :I

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

LAY-ZX posted:

Poke Bank, the transfer app.

Oops, completely forgot about the bank.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Can you catch Maractus?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the online services? It was working fine for me last night, and every time I test the connection on the 3DS it says it is working, but now whenever I try to wonder trade or anything like that it can't connect to the internet.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

horriblePencilist posted:

Can you catch Maractus?

I saw someone say they found one in a Safari.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Oh my goddd I just went back to the old man in Anistar and I'm frowning really hard :smith:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Left posted:

I've been playing Pokemon X for a while and the batteries were close to dying, so I saved inside a building (well aware of the Lumiose glitch) and turned off the system. When I turned the 3DS back on, the game itself disappeared from my home screen, and when I go to redownload it, the eShop says it is still downloaded. I tried to restart the system and nothing seems to work. I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but has anyone else encountered this problem, and is there a way to fix it?

Only thing I can think of is that your SD card got knocked loose. Try powering off the system, taking the card out, and putting it back in.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is there a place where I can check my stylishness? I got into that one shop that apparently only lets you in if you're stylish, but the stone dude was selling the Venusaurite for 150k and I thought it could go lower than that still

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LeafyOrb posted:

Huh, Human Life vs. money well played pokemon, well played.

The Eternal Dilemma of Capitalism

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

nerdbot posted:

Oh my goddd I just went back to the old man in Anistar and I'm frowning really hard :smith:

Since he only disappears if you give him a Pokemon, does that mean, by giving him a Pokemon to take care of, you in essence helped kill him? :smith:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pinsir can't learn Sticky Web either, which narrows it down to Heracross, Ledyba, Yanma, Gligar, Masquerain, and Ninjask as Pokemon that I have not seen tested yet. I really doubt any of them will get it.

On the Baton Pass side of things, Chespin can't get it, and neither can Espurr. Seriously now, why the hell can't Espurr get Baton Pass? :argh:

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

myron cope posted:

Is there a place where I can check my stylishness? I got into that one shop that apparently only lets you in if you're stylish, but the stone dude was selling the Venusaurite for 150k and I thought it could go lower than that still

That basically is the best way to check your stylishness: once he's selling it for 10k you're maxed. You can then go to Café Introvert and get Hatching Power (a God send for any breeder).

It was posted a little earlier, but to max out stylishness quickly, go to the Pokéball shop and just keep buying a single ball over and over again. You don't even have to quit out of the dialogue box or anything: just keep mashing A.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

HeyItsAyls posted:

That basically is the best way to check your stylishness: once he's selling it for 10k you're maxed. You can then go to Café Introvert and get Hatching Power (a God send for any breeder).

It was posted a little earlier, but to max out stylishness quickly, go to the Pokéball shop and just keep buying a single ball over and over again. You don't even have to quit out of the dialogue box or anything: just keep mashing A.

Oh awesome. Does the price of the ball matter, or can I buy premier balls over and over and get the same result?

Aegislash changes form even while confused/asleep (and I guess frozen but I haven't been frozen to try). The form change happens and THEN the confusion/sleep check happens.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Uh, how do I remove my hat? I know that poo poo is possible since a friend of mine has no hat, but is wearing glasses.

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?

Silver Falcon posted:

Only thing I can think of is that your SD card got knocked loose. Try powering off the system, taking the card out, and putting it back in.

I tried this as well, and upon further inspection, the game itself is probably corrupted. I checked the Data Management thing under Settings and the game takes up 0 blocks of memory. I copied over all the SD card files onto my computer and deleted the game, hoping the save file will at least still be there somewhere, but I don't have high hopes. I'm redownloading the game now, and it's just a shame that all of the work I put into this game just up and disappeared for no reason.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

Uh, how do I remove my hat? I know that poo poo is possible since a friend of mine has no hat, but is wearing glasses.

Have you actually seen their in-game model, or just their icon on PSS? Because you can change that icon to other trainers and stuff.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Some random Mr.Mime facts;

-He claps wildly in Poke Amie
-In Poke Amie it looks like he is trying to push through your DS screen
-He likes it when you rub his cheeks, but not his stomach
-He can learn infestation :stonk:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

LAY-ZX posted:

Have you actually seen their in-game model, or just their icon on PSS? Because you can change that icon to other trainers and stuff.

Oh, really? Hmm, alright. Is it even possible to remove your hat in-game? I really don't understand why I need to wear a drat hat all the time.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Is putting on make up only for PR videos or can you get a make up kit after a while?

noirstronaut posted:

Oh, really? Hmm, alright. Is it even possible to remove your hat in-game? I really don't understand why I need to wear a drat hat all the time.

Wearing a hat is the prerequisite for being a trainer!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Hey, where do you find the Elite Four team pictures of the Pokemon Global Link? I can't find mine.

Silver Falcon posted:

Yo, your friend Safari has Dragonair and Gabite. It's pretty rad.

Donald Duck
Apr 2, 2007
I feel bad for Serenas Meowstic, she throws him out first and sacrifices him to all the dark type Pokemon that Team Flare use.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lessail posted:

Wearing a hat is the prerequisite for being a trainer!

I'm willing to bet this is canon.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I accidentally traded away a pokemon with an everstone. Is there a way to get another one?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I think I'm fighting Chavs.

Lessail posted:

Is putting on make up only for PR videos or can you get a make up kit after a while?

Makeup is only for PR Videos.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

TTBF posted:

I accidentally traded away a pokemon with an everstone. Is there a way to get another one?

Go to Reflection Cave (or whatever) and catch a bunch of Roggenrolas. I did the same mistake too :I.

Also it is total horseshit that beanies are male-exclusive. That's the only hat I would deal with.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

TTBF posted:

Wild Roggenrolla and Boldores can be holding one. I've got an extra two so far just by catching them.

myron cope posted:

Oh awesome. Does the price of the ball matter, or can I buy premier balls over and over and get the same result?

Dunno, I just used it as an excuse to stock up on Quick Balls.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
What's the best nature for Xerneas? Does it have a hidden ability?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Schubalts posted:

I think I'm fighting Chavs.

Why does notFrance have Chavs?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
What's the best way to capture ghosts in safari? For everything else I just False Swipe.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I really hate these loving hats. It more than sucks that the one hat I can stand isn't unlocked until post-game.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Karnegal posted:

What's the best way to capture ghosts in safari? For everything else I just False Swipe.
Go big or go home.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Karnegal posted:

Quick Ball. Run away if it doesn't work and you're too overleveled. :v:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Schubalts posted:

Makeup is only for PR Videos.

This is the worst news. :smith:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Karnegal posted:

Something with Foresight/Odor Sleuth and False Swipe? Not sure what that intersection looks like.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Silver Falcon posted:

You're in luck! Naughty increases attack, not reduces. On the summary screen, the stat in red is increased while blue is decreased! :eng101:

Wait, what? poo poo. I've been reading it backward this whole time :eng99:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

strangemusic posted:

Wait, what? poo poo. I've been reading it backward this whole time :eng99:

Yea, I don't know why they went with the opposite color scheme of every other game in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

God damnit, Pokémon :negative:

• Locked thread