Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

those are two cool kits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

So Scottish

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Scott Bakula posted:

This always gets forgotten in bad kit lists and its hideous and pretty recent too

Now I want a Solero

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Scott Bakula posted:

This always gets forgotten in bad kit lists and its hideous and pretty recent too

Did they ever play in it? Can't remember seeing it in action.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I think it was our championship season so we weren't really on TV. I kind of want to see a gradient version like that Barca kit though. Lets see how horrible we can make it.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Lol even the mock up is fat, how fitting.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Scott Bakula posted:

Just realised this uses the newcastle brown ale pallete basically. All it needs is a blue star.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
The Yellowcastle is beautiful.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Quick reminder:

dox
Mar 4, 2006
Where is the go to site these days to purchase decent but not insanely expensive football kits?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

it does not exist, Nike got customs to start claiming counterfeit shirts and the whole industry has gone tits up.

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir
Can I talk about counterfeit kits in here, as in posting a link to a website?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

20matar posted:

Can I talk about counterfeit kits in here, as in posting a link to a website?

Yes it's been done in this very thread loads.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Does anyone know if you can get cheap kits in China Town (NYC). I think I remember seeing a bunch of NFL jerseys way back when but I don't know if they'd stock any football jerseys beyond like Barca, Real, Man U and the usual suspects.

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir
I recently picked up a Brazil shirt in Aliexpress, which is pretty much a Chinese Ebay from what I've gathered. I paid like 20 USD for it, with free shipping. Says it's a Thailand-made shirt, they censor the Nike logos in the preview pictures. I honestly can't tell how it compares with a legitimate shirt as I've never seen this particular season's edition in person, but it looks really good and not at all flimsy. It's supposed to be the player issue replica, with the five stars in place of the first row of air holes in the side. I got it customized, too, with the name of Ramires. Didn't cost me a cent extra.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/13-14-seasons-thailand-A-quality-Brazil-home-yellow-palyer-version-thai-top-quality-soccer/765480216.html

There are tons of stuff on the site, and a wide selection of football kits. I'm buying a West Ham shirt for my brother to give him as a Christmas or a birthday gift, depending on how long shipping takes. It took like almost two months for it to arrive, a bit more than it would take to order something from Classicfootballshirts. I don't know if this site is famous around here, but I lurked on the thread for a while and found no mentions to it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Classic Football Shirts is a know thing, but it isn't a dozen shirts for $10 ala the counterfeit sites so nobody really gets excited for it. Ditto with most other legitimate shops, for that matter. I've got two shirts from CFS and they're both great, would buy them again even though I haven't bought a shirt in about a year.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

harperdc posted:

Classic Football Shirts is a know thing, but it isn't a dozen shirts for $10 ala the counterfeit sites so nobody really gets excited for it. Ditto with most other legitimate shops, for that matter. I've got two shirts from CFS and they're both great, would buy them again even though I haven't bought a shirt in about a year.
yeah I basically only buy shirts from there now

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir
I really like CFS because of the good deals in clearance, but paying 10 pounds for the international shipping makes it a bit harder for me to buy often. I never bought anything expensive or old in there, my most expensive purchase was a jacket. Some of the prices are really criminal, such as anything from brazilian teams.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

You can clean up on shirts from the mid to late 2000's for cheap. I just love the shirts for Sunday league and such. Grabbed a Wolves shirt from like 2008-09 for 20 bucks, new in bag, a couple others for around the same price. Huge fan of that site

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Sorted some City tickets out for the brother in law of a fellow TRP-er, and it turned out the brother in law was a professional footballer and he gave me his Estonia shirt from Euro 2008 qualifying to say thankyou, a really cool gesture and well worthy of a post I thought:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Those two pics apparently show the kits the GMNT will wear in Brazil

'Home'

'Away'

Jesus Christ. What the gently caress are they thinking.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Sorted some City tickets out for the brother in law of a fellow TRP-er, and it turned out the brother in law was a professional footballer and he gave me his Estonia shirt from Euro 2008 qualifying to say thankyou, a really cool gesture and well worthy of a post I thought:

This is really cool.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Adulterous Hitler posted:

'Home'

'Away'

yep this is it lads, the year England beat Germany at competitive football

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

This being in Brazil and all, did they purposefully rip off Flamengo's kit?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

'Home'

Terrible.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Modus Trollens posted:

yep this is it lads, the year England beat Germany at competitive football kit design

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

Terrible.

Haha suddenly I like it :D

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Actually think that home Germany kit is awesome, I want one mates.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Very cool, TGF.

jyrka posted:

This being in Brazil and all, did they purposefully rip off Flamengo's kit?

Black and red hoops are pretty common in Brazil. Recife and Vitoria are two more that come to mind.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought the red and black kit was bad because it shares the color of the swastikas. :iiam:

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
The boys.. in brazil? Poor taste IMO

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I'm really liking Vasco da Gama's 115th anniversary "retro" third kit for this year. Sure, the "faded old map" shirt design might make it look like I spilled coffee all over myself, but I want one.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I'm loving those Vasco and Santa Cruz kits, OP. I haven't bought a football kit in awhile, but those are very tempting.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I think most kits made by Penalty look rather sharp, even if sponsors manage to ruin some of them.

At least make it red or something. :doh:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Frungy! posted:

Yeah, I think most kits made by Penalty look rather sharp, even if sponsors manage to ruin some of them.

At least make it red or something. :doh:

Why is it so low?

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

NinjaSteve posted:

Why is it so low?

Seems like that picture was missing a sponsor.

Doesn't make it look any better.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Love that German home top. I'm gonna buy one for when Ozil sets up the 6th and final goal in a comprehensive demolition of England

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Frungy! posted:

Seems like that picture was missing a sponsor.

Doesn't make it look any better.

It looks like it has a banner ad over the crotch.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

'Home'

'Away'

The 2010 World Cup shirts were pretty much the nicest football shirts I'd ever seen. It's shocking to see such a decline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Abu Dave posted:

I thought the red and black kit was bad because it shares the color of the swastikas. :iiam:

There's also a bit of white :godwin: