Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lanth
Jun 15, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Toaster Beef posted:

Tremendous propz to LanthGhost, who saved my rear end from someone hell bent on collecting a $1000 bounty I had on me.

Hey man, the crew's gotta stick together. :v:

Plus, you could be going for the cheevo for all I knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

MrLonghair posted:

How? Random NPC, punch out their car? I turned a Patriot into a mini with my fists and gained nothing, that was a bit over a week ago.

It was posted earlier but: you only level up if you hit valid targets like live humans or animals, a vehicle with a live driver is a valid target.

Player driven cars count so you can just have someone sit in a car while the rest re-enact the street fighter bonus stage, or if you spook an NPC by shooting in the air, you can stomp on them without them leaving the car, just big a flat bed or other car you can stand on while it's moving.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Well I just spent an inordinate length of time trying to land a Maverick on the back of a moving semi.

This, this is why I have no moneys.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

The Walrus posted:

So wait, if you stick a bomb to a pub's grille and wait for him to inevitably crash into something, do you get the bad spoints?

edit: I didn't actually mean to type spoints but I'm leaving it

It counted it as a suicide for me, so I think you probably would get bad spoints

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Right now I'm playing Boneyard Survival for the first time since it got nerfed.

I'm never playing Survival again.
It's really not that tough, I did it with another goon and his (terrible) friend who kept dying immediately despite being next to him behind the trailer in the wall gap. I spent most of my time in the wrecked bus near the roof spot that is now off limits, and got the most kills in most waves, until wave 9 and 10 when the enemies' weapons were putting out too much lead too quickly. We still got to Wave 10 and finished it.

SectumSempra posted:

The advantage of a game like GTA is that the worse effect a messed up economy has is things like someone having a nicer car then you or more bullets, or a nicer apartment, basically, it doesn't matter at all.

There are bigger fish to fry ATM, such as these cloud inconsistencies.
Except when they can afford to continuously drop 9k bounties on you and anybody else in the lobby, don't have to spend time gaining money to buy upgrades, and can afford ammo at any time.
I was in a goon game the other day and BOSS WIGGAAAA was loving around with the 50 mil or whatever he had, and just dropping 9k bounties and mercenaries on every pubby in the lobby for hours straight. It was a blast but also when I've tried doing that, I am broke in about 30 minutes.

Odobenidae posted:

I almost had the best bounty hunt earlier tonight. I snuck up on the guy while he was in an Ammunation just northwest of the vinewood area. I chased him into the boonies and shot out one of his tires, making him fly off the road into a river. This turned out to be a ford so I had to follow him in and we barely made it across fighting against the current. We then raced through the marshes for a few minutes, he slammed into a tree... and then he turned off his console.

I was going to split the $7k with him. :negative:
He may have just joined a job or went into the online store (probably a job, so he wouldn't be out in the sticks when he comes back,) I use this occasionally when I need to use the WC or something.

Will Of The Wisp posted:

Cstang is such a griefer. Was under another crew tag and the guy just started to blow me away. Never felt more pubby in my life. :saddowns:
If you're in Stairs and do that, I hear you might get kicked. ;) (it wasn't me, honest!)

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 20, 2013

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Das Butterbrot posted:

Special Agent Dan deals in VERY special operations:

(Might've been the laggy servers today that caused me to be able to walk around underwater w/ unlimited air, but you might be able to reproduce it: I jumped my car into the water and dived down to the ground, then got hit by my sinking car on the ocean floor, which triggered the "oh god i fell down and need to get back up" animation, which in turn triggered the glitch I think.)

I ended up here by jumping over a wall and landing in the marina.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Just downed way too much coffee, let's trade race wins. PSN: lljkwalrus

edit:

frontlineKHAAAN! posted:

If anyone fancies trading race wins on PS3 I'm game.

PSN: FrontlineKhan

I've no mic, so just set it up and I'll go along with it.

adding you

NattyBo posted:

It counted it as a suicide for me, so I think you probably would get bad spoints

not necessarily, I was thinking it might be predicated on the act of who set it off, not who laid it. In your case here you both set it off and laid it so it's not a scientific test :science:

edit: spoints

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 20, 2013

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Stux posted:

I didn't jump down anyones throat for disagreeing? In fact your post saying that was like the first reply? I don't really understand where you're coming from here as you're the only one who's "had a go" here.

Well, since I wasn't even talking to you to begin with, but to the guy who said people that disagree with him can "suck several dicks", I think we may have found the source of your confusion.

Scallywag
May 13, 2011

Go away
I'm sure the thread has seen enough of this sort of thing, but I'm more or less mentioning it for confirmation rather than ranting.

With the cloud servers being all buggy right now, I've been unable to join in on online games. My character selection screen shows my characters level, and my crew/money in the top right corner - it does not, however, show my character model or any of the stats related to it.

Is this what happens when your character is deleted, or are those cloud issues and they will resolve soon? I know not to press retry or create a new character in the same slot.

Basically what I'm asking is, has anyone experienced the same thing and found a possible workaround? e.g. joining a certain lobby or doing some strange button voodoo.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So I was in a good survival round with some goons last night and got disconnected on wave 9. Sorry guys! I managed to solo wave 10 and get the achievement so I felt pretty boss. I log out after making sure the butt icon saves 5 or 6 times.... And it's all gone. gently caress your loving poo poo, Cockstar

Is poo poo still not saving today for people?

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Hakarne posted:

So I was in a good survival round with some goons last night and got disconnected on wave 9. Sorry guys! I managed to solo wave 10 and get the achievement so I felt pretty boss. I log out after making sure the butt icon saves 5 or 6 times.... And it's all gone. gently caress your loving poo poo, Cockstar

Is poo poo still not saving today for people?

Give it a couple hours then check again. Everything on their cloud servers is still updating super slow

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Elliptical Dick posted:

Well, since I wasn't even talking to you to begin with, but to the guy who said people that disagree with him can "suck several dicks", I think we may have found the source of your confusion.

Except he said people who told others to go play a different game instead of thinking the option of no collisions as a toggle isn't the end of the world. And that the usual suggestions of other games to play instead are nothing like this game and irrelevant.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

VarXX posted:

Give it a couple hours then check again. Everything on their cloud servers is still updating super slow

Yeah I had everything restored from Friday night on Saturday. I've been logged out for 12 hours and my stats haven't updated from last night. I think it's just gone

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Replace everything in the OP with this image instead.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
At least one of those clouds needs to look like a butt.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

iCaPpY posted:

This thread is full of cry babies complaining about a games issues that has only been out for less than a month, and one of the highest selling games so far. Its like you guys could do better or something.

My point exactly, except rockstar cant take a step forward patch-wise. and yeah, its been a month, there's no excuse for this.

You all need to stop lying to yourselves just to convince yourselves why you are playing still. Whats going on is unacceptable

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So despite my earlier bitching, I went ahead and bought GTA5 yesterday (PS3). Is there any requirements to join GoonCrew on GTAO? Like do we have to put in a certain amount of time per week?

Obviously, being active is important since there's a limited number of slots, but just wanted to know if we had some kind of minima. Thanks!

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

all apologies posted:

My point exactly, except rockstar cant take a step forward patch-wise. and yeah, its been a month, there's no excuse for this.

GTA:O came out 20 days ago. Think you might want to upgrade your calender if theres still only 20 days in October

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

VarXX posted:

GTA:O came out 20 days ago. Think you might want to upgrade your calender if theres still only 20 days in October

Aw yes, keep trying to make excuses. 20 days, still. And character progress isnt being saved, lol.

character progress isnt being saved.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

all apologies posted:

Aw yes, keep trying to make excuses. 20 days, still. And character progress isnt being saved, lol.

character progress isnt being saved.

My character progress from last night is there though right now

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Going to try to get on and do some races and or missions, if anyone else wants to roll hit me up on 360.

TraumaQ (GT)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Parkingtigers posted:

That pubbie sounds a lot more fun than some of the serious racer goons in this thread. He made you ragequit the entire game? Really? Ha, that's brilliant. Well played mystery player. Well played.

Babe Magnet posted:

Holy poo poo I want to be in that pubbie's crew.

See the twist there is that I was that pubbie.

Stux posted:

Im super sick of being pit manoeuvred and spun out every. single. loving. race. There should be a no contact race option along with the others.

edit: It wouldn't be as bad if races weren't 9/10 of the jobs being done at any one time. Either get hosed right at the start and can never catch up, or someone smashes into me near the end just to try and make me lose.

If you want some serious, no-nonsense racing the way Rockstar meant for it to be and you're on PSN, look up UltimateZAR, CascadeGamma, RadValtar, Antipax, or Foglatch. We race pretty often and we'd love another member.

JetsGuy posted:

So despite my earlier bitching, I went ahead and bought GTA5 yesterday (PS3). Is there any requirements to join GoonCrew on GTAO? Like do we have to put in a certain amount of time per week?

Obviously, being active is important since there's a limited number of slots, but just wanted to know if we had some kind of minima. Thanks!

In the Private Game Servers subforum, there's a thread for GTA Online crews. Just follow the instructions in the OP and you can get into (or make your own) crew.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Count me in as another person who has played all day, and none of the progress was saved. What a bunch of bullshit :(

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Parkingtigers posted:

That pubbie sounds a lot more fun than some of the serious racer goons in this thread. He made you ragequit the entire game? Really? Ha, that's brilliant. Well played mystery player. Well played.

Actually CharlestonJew was that person last night and we had him post this as though it was a pubbie to see if we could get a reaction out of people in this thread because :cry:.

Babe Magnet posted:

Holy poo poo I want to be in that pubbie's crew.

If you are in the 1000-1009 then you are in luck, this has been us the past two nights. Get 16 goons racing together for 2 hours and see how big of a pileup you can get at the start. Rubbin' is Racing bitches. If this is not your goal in this game then you are doing it wrong.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Phew, glad I'm not the only one confused by the weird racing e-bushido going on in this thread

ZombieReagan posted:

Yes we're all making up that our poo poo gets saved just fine throughout the thread so we can gently caress with SA Forums poster "all apologies" head. You called it.

Exactly. Like sure, 1.04 is a really bad patch and hosed poo poo up, but to say 1.01, which actually allowed PS3 users to play the game, 1.02 that actually allowed most people to get past the tutorial, 1.03 that actually stopped eating characters, were all steps backwards, is completely ignoring what the patches actually did. Hell, I'm pretty sure payouts weren't really supposed to be halved anyway seeing as how they don't actually follow any pattern at all whether you get half pay or not, and the fact Rockstar has never acknowledged that it was intended.

VarXX fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 20, 2013

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rad Valtar posted:

If you are in the 1000-1009 then you are in luck, this has been us the past two nights. Get 16 goons racing together for 2 hours and see how big of a pileup you can get at the start. Rubbin' is Racing bitches. If this is not your goal in this game then you are doing it wrong.

Dammit you ruined the trap. I was hoping to get Stux to race with us so he can see what REAL Rubbin is Racin is like.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

CharlestonJew posted:

Dammit you ruined the trap. I was hoping to get Stux to race with us so he can see what REAL Rubbin is Racin is like.

Sorry I didn't see your post until after I finished mine :(. I sprung the trap too early.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Rad Valtar posted:

Actually CharlestonJew was that person last night and we had him post this as though it was a pubbie to see if we could get a reaction out of people in this thread because :cry:.

Yeah its been fun, I don't mind when someone in the crew crashes against me but when a loving NPC does it it makes me mad, the game spawns and speeds up or down cars just to gently caress with you. :mad:

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Anyone wants to link up on 360 hit me up (TraumaQ on xbox) I am down for whatever, online now.

Also, ANY crews have room? I am crewless and would like to have missions, races, ect popping up from other goons.

Anyone?

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
Thanks to Matazar for the race swapping last night! Apart from when that crazy pubby burst in wearing just a pair of pink shorts and calling us faggots (it was a closed session, no idea how he got in), it was good times.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

El Hefe posted:

Yeah its been fun, I don't mind when someone in the crew crashes against me but when a loving NPC does it it makes me mad, the game spawns and speeds up or down cars just to gently caress with you. :mad:

Were you racing with us the last few nights? What is your PSN?

cstang
Oct 27, 2005

Da Bears

Will Of The Wisp posted:

Cstang is such a griefer. Was under another crew tag and the guy just started to blow me away. Never felt more pubby in my life. :saddowns:

Sorry. I like doing missions but there aren't enough of them. Repeating them gets old so I look around for stuff to do. Got into a bunch of races last night with Coldforge and a bunch of other AWCO members that were a lot of fun. I'll be joining up on those more often now. Hopefully I can get some kind of answer from Rockstar support tomorrow about the 17 million some douche gave me. It's kind of nice to not worry about money but it does take a lot of fun out of the game when you don't have to worry about replacing cars and ammo.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

I'll say this if you haven't done a few races of criminal records backwards you haven't REALLY enjoyed races. hearing everyone scream as you come around a turn and slide sideways into the pack is a wonderful thing.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Rad Valtar posted:

Were you racing with us the last few nights? What is your PSN?

Yeah I was there Friday, I'm elkwill84 and I was finishing in 4th place pretty much every race gently caress me.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Monowhatever posted:

I'll say this if you haven't done a few races of criminal records backwards you haven't REALLY enjoyed races. hearing everyone scream as you come around a turn and slide sideways into the pack is a wonderful thing.

Were you driving a yellow Adder?

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
So, I did a test last night before I went to bed. I was getting the server is not saving issue so I decided to spend some money and revert, then quit out and see if it saved. When I started I had 215k in the bank and $500 on hand. I first withdrew $10k from my bank account and spent it all. I quit out through the character select and went back in. When I returned I was back at 215k with $500 on hand. So i withdrew another $10k and spent $1k of it before going to bed. Today I logged in with 195k and 9k on hand. I'm now curious as to what would happen if someone were to spend all their money when it doesn't save properly, then reload and spend it all again

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Having been through a few MMO launches, I'd say GTAOs are by far the worst. Connection issues are to be expected along with a bunch of glitches. The fact that characters were being completely deleted is by far the worst issue I've ever experienced, but ok they're new at this and they weren't expecting this many people, whatever.

Then they patched it and it worked loving perfectly last weekend. I understand people would occasionally lose a car which admittedly sucked, but in general you could play the game and expect everything to be there when you logged back in. I don't think there were really any connection issues either, which actually impressed me as I would have totally understood them getting overloaded.

And then they pull this poo poo. They drop a patch that completely blows up their butt save system and objectively made everything worse than it was last weekend for most people. THAT is what really pisses me off: not only were their launch problems on their own level of terrible, but they actually managed to gently caress up their game worse after it was nearly dependable.

ratattack
Dec 22, 2005

squeak
The knife tattoo for the right arm is totally the knife icon from RDR. Pretty cool, just saying.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

SimCity was worse in every aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

sellouts posted: