Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Denzo
Feb 19, 2013
Shmorky referenced State Of Emergency, he is forever my best bro. That game loving ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
New video's up: "Into the Night"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ_35Bw2398
It's like someone upchucked polygons.

Grei Skuring fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 18, 2013

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

All hail the Soon! Or the Mun, if you'd prefer.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I liked how the tube upper arm had a bicep and a tricep kinda arbitrarily jutting out.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I think Soon is fitting, as it lets you know when day will change to night.

The arms aren't so great, but the likeness to Rick Dees is pretty uncanny, so I guess they got that right.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Kangra posted:

I think Soon is fitting, as it lets you know when day will change to night.

The arms aren't so great, but the likeness to Rick Dees is pretty uncanny, so I guess they got that right.

I prefer mün myself.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Looks like someone had too many player start things in their map.

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013
A new SCP "game"?! Hot Dog!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Dead dog.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
A masterpiece of horror. This guy is like if Hitchcock and Stephen King adopted H.P. Lovecraft, and raised him as their own.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

SCP's Quest for Tires.
The first creepy thing in the video was the taxi rolling on static wheels with flat tyres. Then there were the dogs, who were animated worse than the ones in Quake. And I almost shrieked at the sudden Russian prompt.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Other than the backtracking to the beginning for no reason thing that actually seems like the best game you two have played so far.

At least from a production values standpoint (note that I am using the term production values very loosely).

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I liked the bed-patterned bedspread. Really classed up the place.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I wonder if the slow-motion explosion was intentional or if it way caused by trying to jam too many particle effects into the explosion animation.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Pakled posted:

I wonder if the slow-motion explosion was intentional or if it way caused by trying to jam too many particle effects into the explosion animation.
My thoughts are, if it was slow motion because of the particles, they probably wouldn't have been able to turn at normal speed like that.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Did the explosion really put the entire world into slow-motion, or was it itself slow?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cheez posted:

My thoughts are, if it was slow motion because of the particles, they probably wouldn't have been able to turn at normal speed like that.

But if it was on purpose it would have played dubstep. It is a SCP paradox!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

ZearothK posted:

But if it was on purpose it would have played dubstep. It is a SCP paradox!

No, the dubstep explosion is a different SCP number. That'd require a title change and the title was already set in stone.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Boy, that sure did look "fun". Is there an SCP number for "lovely fan game"?

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
I loved the brick chunks. They made for a very realistic looking explosion.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I like how the last enemy dies and you run out of ammo coincidentally at the exact same time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lowtax posted:

Dead dog.

There's supposedly an "SCP 354 Episode 2" but I doubt anything happens in that one either.

Also my copy of that Dontrell book arrived and I've been trying to figure out the best way to share it.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
What's the music in the Shop Till You Drop video?

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Also my copy of that Dontrell book arrived and I've been trying to figure out the best way to share it.

Do a Lets Read?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Dial a random telephone number and read a randomly chosen passage to whoever picks up on the other end.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

dijon du jour posted:

Dial a random telephone number and read a randomly chosen passage to whoever picks up on the other end.

DO YOU HAVE TRELEYATE IN YOUR HOUSE?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Go from house to house and share the words.
Give the people a chance to let Dontrel in their heart.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pakled posted:

There is a variable in Unity that makes the whole game run at different speeds. I believe that the default FPS controller's aim function is completely dependent on the mouse position, rather than actually animating the movement, so it isn't affected.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
You should take a pills.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMq-q7tY4E0

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
drat, I'm glad I'm not schizophrenic. It must be annoying as hell to have to take pills every 10 seconds.

It's actually like the creator of this game looked at Far Cry 2's malaria mechanic and said, "How can I make it worse?"

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Considering how bad schizophrenia can get that game would probably be an improvement for some.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Looks like the game maker just took some high poly models they found and put them in their game. Models not intended to be used for something interactive, but for prerendered stuff.

They probably wanted everything to look nice and smooth. Without realizing that it didn't keep the framerate smooth.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
The slowdown was the author realizing that someone was playing his terrible game and Googling for textures he could slap in there in real time.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Schizophrenia would be an apt name for most of these games.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Phoenixan posted:

drat, I'm glad I'm not schizophrenic. It must be annoying as hell to have to take pills every 10 seconds.

Not to mention how much of a pain in the rear end it is that the bottles only come with one pill in them. You're pretty much constantly refilling your prescriptions and running out of medication.

Thank god our flayed nurse eventually found us to take us to the drugstore and helpfully remind us to take our pills.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Kgummy posted:

Looks like the game maker just took some high poly models they found and put them in their game. Models not intended to be used for something interactive, but for prerendered stuff.

They probably wanted everything to look nice and smooth. Without realizing that it didn't keep the framerate smooth.
Yeah, the level of detail on those roses was kind of ridiculous.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
It's a unity game, Shmorky says as much in the video.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Man, I almost forgot to take a pills, but this game really got me thinking clearly about the issue. Thanks for the public service, Lowtax!

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Remember to take a pills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Aw man schizophrenics get a circle of friendship if they don't take a pills?

They get all the luck :(

• Locked thread