Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

wasianchickn posted:

Thought I had this week locked up when SNF started, gently caress you and your 40.1 point dropoff Romo

I thought you did too. Sorry about your Romo.

Pain of Mind posted:

I am devastated that I did not get Sean McGrath :argh:

You can have him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
It's alllll coming down to MNF commish.

I got dis. :smug:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Thanks to Vincent Jackson and the Cowboys D, I don't have a hope of winning this week. Bummer.

Kenny Stills scored the same as Wes Welker. That's pretty surreal.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Six weeks in, halfway through the fantasy season. WHO WILL COME FROM BEHIND AND REALIZE PLAYOFF GLORY?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moL4MkJ-aLk
E:

LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY
MOTHER OF THE FREE
HOW SHALL WE EXTOL THEE
WHO ARE BORN OF THEE
WIDER STILL AND WIDER
SHALL THY BOUNDS BE SET
GOD WHO MADE THEE MIGHTY
MAKE THEE MIGHTIER YET
GOD WHO MADE THEE MIGHTY
MAKE THEE MIGHTIER YET.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Oct 14, 2013

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

JetsGuy posted:

Six weeks in, halfway through the fantasy season. WHO WILL COME FROM BEHIND AND REALIZE PLAYOFF GLORY?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moL4MkJ-aLk
E:

LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY
MOTHER OF THE FREE
HOW SHALL WE EXTOL THEE
WHO ARE BORN OF THEE
WIDER STILL AND WIDER
SHALL THY BOUNDS BE SET
GOD WHO MADE THEE MIGHTY
MAKE THEE MIGHTIER YET
GOD WHO MADE THEE MIGHTY
MAKE THEE MIGHTIER YET.

It's me. I will.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

tadashi posted:

It's me. I will.

Qu'un sang impur abreuve "Dan Marino Division" sillons! :france:

"Dan Marino Division" über alles! :hitler:

Dall'Alpi a Sicilia dovunque è "Dan Marino Division" :italy:

Да здравствует созданный волей народов Единый, могучий "Дан Марино Дивисион" :ussr:

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 14, 2013

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Every time I check this thread and see no replies, I just get a little annoyed. :mad:

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Since I lost last week and am probably doomed this week I can't brag much :mad:

halonx
May 4, 2005

Well, I'm hoping the Cowboys' D/ST will actually outdo the -1 points prediction they have right now. That might put me over the top.

I wish I could play Weeden as one of my flex players, he hasn't been doing too bad.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
drat you Titans, keep Locker "out" until I need him so I have extra bench space for worthless players.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

wasianchickn posted:

drat you Titans, keep Locker "out" until I need him so I have extra bench space for worthless players.

Rob Gronkowski's been considered out for like three weeks this season, ESPN's IR is some bullshit.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

Every time I check this thread and see no replies, I just get a little annoyed. :mad:

I now have no extracurricular activities beyond fantasy football. So watch out. Still only one game behind in the Joe Montana division. Anything is possible with Zombo.com.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

I now have no extracurricular activities beyond fantasy football. So watch out. Still only one game behind in the Joe Montana division. Anything is possible with Zombo.com.

Bring it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEyzxJ4NGI&t=2s

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

One of these days, you'll actually schedule a match between us in the regular season. :D

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Oh, he still has plenty of extra curriculars for next week. Don't let him fool you.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
Hot Dog Heroes still willing to deal Cruz to a good home in exchange for a RB. I'm overstocked on WRs big time

E: what cruel league am I in that I celebrate having Henne, Lafell and Hillis on my bench?

seventeen fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 16, 2013

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

seventeen posted:

Hot Dog Heroes still willing to deal Cruz to a good home in exchange for a RB. I'm overstocked on WRs big time

E: what cruel league am I in that I celebrate having Henne, Lafell and Hillis on my bench?

The best league.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Somehow I have Freeman still on my roster and he's now starting again.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

commish posted:

Somehow I have Freeman still on my roster and he's now starting again.

Maybe you should check your rosters once in a while

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I have Thad Lewis available, FYI. Stevie Johnson will be back for him to throw to this weekend and he's playing in Miami.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

JuicedSixFo posted:

Maybe you should check your rosters once in a while

yeah, then you could be making pro waiver wire pickups like Tandon Doss

wait, gently caress

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Willing to listen for trade for pretty much any offensive player who can score points (other than QB).

The injury bug keeps punching me in the face!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

tuckfard posted:

Willing to listen for trade for pretty much any offensive player who can score points (other than QB).

The injury bug keeps punching me in the face!

Offer Sent.

Feel free to counter, but McCoy is off limits.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
So do I start the Colts D this week, or bench them to avoid negative points?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Stevie Lee posted:

So do I start the Colts D this week, or bench them to avoid negative points?

Bench them as hard as you can bench something. And I'm a Colts fan.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

JetsGuy posted:

Offer Sent.

Feel free to counter, but McCoy is off limits.

Tempting but he's more or less my best player.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Congratulations on Vandy today jetsguy~

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Toot toot...all aboard the Mike Glennon train. May you not contract MRSA and throw many touchdowns.

One of those wishes is at least realistic.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
FYI: Braksgirl and I are driving on a trip to the land of Mickey along with the wee Burritettes.. And naturally we start talking about our fantasy football teams. You ought to have heard the pride in her voice as she talked about "beating the pants off of Jetsguy. Pants just disintegrated"

drat near brought a tear of happiness to my eye. She's learned so much in such a short period of time.

Beat the PANTS off you Jetsguy.

PANTS

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Silly Burrito posted:

FYI: Braksgirl and I are driving on a trip to the land of Mickey along with the wee Burritettes.. And naturally we start talking about our fantasy football teams. You ought to have heard the pride in her voice as she talked about "beating the pants off of Jetsguy. Pants just disintegrated"

drat near brought a tear of happiness to my eye. She's learned so much in such a short period of time.

PANTS

It's all fun now, but you've created a monster that will come for you some day.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

PANTS

You do realize that if you either beat her to keep her out of the play-offs or actually beat her in the play-offs the way you got those burritettes will stop indefinitely?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Power of Pecota posted:

Congratulations on Vandy today jetsguy~

Thanks. At the start of the season, when I thought Vandy would be much better than they are, I marked UGA as an automatic loss in even the most optimistic of circumstances. I didn't count on UGA losing literally everyone.

I also didn't count on bullshit ejections in our FAVOR!

Silly Burrito posted:

PANTS

What can I say, I'm irresistible? :v:

Eltoasto posted:

It's a late December afternoon, two seasons from now. Burrito wakes from his slumber slowly. The cold air of the day chills him. Burrito's head feels like it weighs 30 pounds after all those Pat O'Briens hurricanes he had last night. Should have partied on Magazine.... Burrito thinks to himself as he sits upright in his bed. He looks over to Braksgirl's side of the bed, suddenly in the mood for a morning quickie. It is empty!

Hearing something coming from the kitchen, Burrito gets out of bed and heads toward it. The smell of bacon and sausage fill the air. The little burritos are sitting at the kitchen table, eagerly wolfing down their breakfast. Burrito, comes from behind Braksgirl and gives her a hug. "Hey, got any more for me?" he asks.

"No." Braksgirl says. Burrito, annoyed, angrily asks why. "Ask the kids," responds Braksgirl. Burrito quickly turns to the little Burritos, who smile and one by one, down the line of the table, the words come out.

"DAN"

"MARINO"

"DIVISION"

And in unison, "THE BEST DIVISION"

Burrito, in horror, pulls out his phone. He now realizes it's late in the day, the majority of the games are over. The phone loads up, and shows Brakgirls clear superiority in today's game, the championship game.

Burrito falls to his knees, and weeps. So close.... so close... and it is all his all own doing.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Eltoasto posted:

Oh that's already happened. But it's much better infecting her with fantasy football sickness than having her get pissed at that silly game.

jabro posted:

You do realize that if you either beat her to keep her out of the play-offs or actually beat her in the play-offs the way you got those burritettes will stop indefinitely?

Been married more than 12 years now. I'm sure I'll have done something more boneheaded than that to cause that outcome.

And no more burritettes. The tortilla factory has been closed and burned to the ground anyway.

JetsGuy posted:

It's a late December afternoon, two seasons from now. Burrito wakes from his slumber slowly. The cold air of the day chills him. Burrito's head feels like it weighs 30 pounds after all those Pat O'Briens hurricanes he had last night. Should have partied on Magazine.... Burrito thinks to himself as he sits upright in his bed. He looks over to Braksgirl's side of the bed, suddenly in the mood for a morning quickie. It is empty!

Hearing something coming from the kitchen, Burrito gets out of bed and heads toward it. The smell of bacon and sausage fill the air. The little burritos are sitting at the kitchen table, eagerly wolfing down their breakfast. Burrito, comes from behind Braksgirl and gives her a hug. "Hey, got any more for me?" he asks.

"No." Braksgirl says. Burrito, annoyed, angrily asks why. "Ask the kids," responds Braksgirl. Burrito quickly turns to the little Burritos, who smile and one by one, down the line of the table, the words come out.

"DAN"

"MARINO"

"DIVISION"

And in unison, "THE BEST DIVISION"

Burrito, in horror, pulls out his phone. He now realizes it's late in the day, the majority of the games are over. The phone loads up, and shows Brakgirls clear superiority in today's game, the championship game.

Burrito falls to his knees, and weeps. So close.... so close... and it is all his all own doing.

God I love this league. :golfclap:

halonx
May 4, 2005

So, either the ESPN projections are awful or the Cowboys' D/ST heard my plea to not suck. Zero points against so far...

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
The Hot Dog Heroes died today. RIP Cutler and Foster

Viva Henne! Viva... Hillis...

Hey guys I got a bunch of WRs available

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
How did I gently caress this up so bad.

Harry Douglas was a decent pick-up, I guess.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
This week I have the nice but worthless distinction of having the most bench points at 68.4

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I knew I was going to lose this week even if my team played decently, but at least they decided to all poo poo the bed so I don't have to fret over a competitive game.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I have the most points scored in the league by like 70 and now Gronk's back and getting 17 targets in a game + Percy Harvin's going to start practicing on Tuesday :krakken:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Power of Pecota posted:

I have the most points scored in the league by like 70 and now Gronk's back and getting 17 targets in a game + Percy Harvin's going to start practicing on Tuesday :krakken:

Gon' be hilarious when you lose round one of da playoffs. :smug:

• Locked thread