Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Dear god I just found this and I can't stop. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
...why am I still playing this game?

Venus de Milo, this is strangely addictive.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
This Clicking Bad is kind of neat but nowhere near as well designed as Cookie Clicker. I played for like an hour and got to the 'waiting forever to get enough money to buy the next level.' Stuff gets too expensive too fast.

Business
Feb 6, 2007

Thea Dolorosa posted:

It's so beautiful. Everything that has led up to this moment has been worth it.

I admire your commitment and noble refusal to use cheater add-ons

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
How does the save mechanism work in this game? If I shut the tab I assume I don't lose everything.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Its a cookie

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Crazyeyes posted:

How does the save mechanism work in this game? If I shut the tab I assume I don't lose everything.

It saves every 60 seconds or so. You can also save manually at any time.

I think it saves in a cookie in your browser. Of course.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

big mean giraffe posted:

This Clicking Bad is kind of neat but nowhere near as well designed as Cookie Clicker. I played for like an hour and got to the 'waiting forever to get enough money to buy the next level.' Stuff gets too expensive too fast.

I found it quite tedious because the price increasse being 120% every time and the meth mechanic just serving to bog the whole game down without contributing anything in the way of dollars per second.

Edit: Also negative events burning more money than even twenty truck loads of cash could give. Which moron thought this was a good idea? :negative:

Healbot fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 20, 2013

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
This reset I have 1337 chips tyvm

Woden
May 6, 2006
34 hours in and things have slowed to a crawl. 180 cursors, 171 grandmas, 71 time machines and 53 condensers, would like to get the first 3 to 200/100 before reset but that'll probably take forever. Only getting 2.2 billion/sec and at 150 trillion mined so far, guess I'll just leave it running for a week and try not to think about it.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Is the Leprechaun achievement (click 777 golden cookies) in one game, or all time?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Woden posted:

guess I'll just leave it running for a week and try not to think about it.

You're playing it wrong.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

jisforjosh posted:

Is the Leprechaun achievement (click 777 golden cookies) in one game, or all time?

All time.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
I clicked and grandma'd my way up to 60 cps, then realized this thread about a cookie clicking game is 130+ pages long and people are forming support groups to stop clicking dat cookie.

I'm going to go play outside now, then read a book. Good luck with your cookie addictions, goonspeed.

E: I read some more of this thread. I think I won the cookie game.

Spiderjelly fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 20, 2013

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Game has ground to a slow slog forward at 45m CPS. There is something I am doing wrong (besides playing in the first place) that I cannot figure.

Should I be selling my intermediate buildings (factories, rockets, portals) for more cookies to buy condensers with?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Crazyeyes posted:

Game has ground to a slow slog forward at 45m CPS. There is something I am doing wrong (besides playing in the first place) that I cannot figure.

Should I be selling my intermediate buildings (factories, rockets, portals) for more cookies to buy condensers with?

http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Golden_Cookie#Strategy

Spiderjelly posted:

Probably true

WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

... It's magic. I ain't gotta explain shit.

Crazyeyes posted:

No condensers blow for price per Cps. Efficiency is what matters.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
"Hardcore" is just an unfun pain in the rear end ugh

edit: wow I just realized what 1 trillion means, screw this achievement

edit 2: Speed Baking 1 wooo

Kraps fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 20, 2013

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Spiderjelly posted:

Congratulations! You should click the cookie as a reward!

WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

Kraps posted:

edit: wow I just realized what 1 trillion means, screw this achievement

Game start: 4 hours ago
Cps: 2 trillion

Also seriously, i need more content, it's trivial to hit 100 anti-matter condensers.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

At what CPS roughly should I be starting Grandmapocalypse?

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

As soon as you can. The goal is to get through to where you can buy pledges, and that just takes time. It's really not that harmful, and after a few hours you don't need to worry about it anymore.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

WhitemageofDOOM posted:

Game start: 4 hours ago
Cps: 2 trillion

Also seriously, i need more content, it's trivial to hit 100 anti-matter condensers.

How the - I've had the thing running for a day and I'm only up to about a billion CpS. How do you do that?

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
This auto clicker at 100 clicks per second sure makes for some quick starts...

About 15qa of the 22qa total were from one frenzied click frenzy I got almost right after researching "Get Lucky."

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

ChaosSamusX posted:

How the - I've had the thing running for a day and I'm only up to about a billion CpS. How do you do that?

So. Many. Chips.
I, for example, am running a 21,000% modifier at full power. I didn't record the times for milestone cps points, but needless to say they come really fast.

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005
Body Parts...that are edible

Merijn posted:

I wonder if this bug is fixed yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIMglVUgbzg

This bug is not fixed as of my resetting last night. I was just curious about it (I'm a tester for a living), and I ended up with all three Speed Baking and the Hardcore achievements. Now I wish I could erase those and try to get them legitly.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You can erase achievements as easily as you can cheat them in using your brower's javascript console. Just look at the cheating page on the wiki.

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005

Sindai posted:

You can erase achievements as easily as you can cheat them in using your brower's javascript console. Just look at the cheating page on the wiki.

Yeah, but I don't want to cheat. Abusing game mechanics is different from cheating for me.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

EdibleBodyParts posted:

This bug is not fixed as of my resetting last night. I was just curious about it (I'm a tester for a living), and I ended up with all three Speed Baking and the Hardcore achievements. Now I wish I could erase those and try to get them legitly.

I couldn't get it to work at all, any tips? I exported my save to chrome incognito and tried to click really fast with the mouse and numpad 5/+ and never got it to work.

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005

GTJustin posted:

I couldn't get it to work at all, any tips? I exported my save to chrome incognito and tried to click really fast with the mouse and numpad 5/+ and never got it to work.

I tested it with the Num Pad's + double click on the confirmation screen. I started my new game with something like 200 billion cookies, which was one click's worth.

WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

ChaosSamusX posted:

10607 heavenly chips are a beautiful thing.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhitemageofDOOM posted:

10607 heavenly chips are a beautiful thing.

:hfive: sometimes I think about quiting with my 10 tril cps, but then I realize I can always get more. My goal now is to get 200 of everything, time machines are costing around 13 quint at 183 I believe. I dont even want to think about condensers...

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
That feeling after you got a frenzied clicking frenzy, and then accidentally hit Back on the wrong browser window before coockie clicker saves :negative:

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

bef posted:

:hfive: sometimes I think about quiting with my 10 tril cps, but then I realize I can always get more. My goal now is to get 200 of everything, time machines are costing around 13 quint at 183 I believe. I dont even want to think about condensers...

200 condensers is a scary prospect.
It's (base cost)*1.15^(n-1) for any given purchase. So 4 billion base, and to the 199th power...

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Gils posted:

200 condensers is a scary prospect.
It's (base cost)*1.15^(n-1) for any given purchase. So 4 billion base, and to the 199th power...

About 4.8 sextillion, or 37 sextillion for all 200.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Just when I think the buzz is gone, this happens :stare:

[edit]
What is the 'legacy' line in stats supposed to say? It just always says 'ago, with [x]resets' for me.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 21, 2013

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

d3rt posted:

That feeling after you got a frenzied clicking frenzy, and then accidentally hit Back on the wrong browser window before coockie clicker saves :negative:

I had this problem with click frenzies all the time where with my mouse it was easy to accidentally tap the right click and then click the back from the context menu. Just save and google cookie clicker and open it in a new tab from the search so that there's nothing it can go back to.

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss

Merijn posted:

[edit]
What is the 'legacy' line in stats supposed to say? It just always says 'ago, with [x]resets' for me.

It's supposed to be your total time played over all resets.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Merijn posted:

Did he fix it so the later chain cookies don't disappear in a fraction of a second any more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

LouDog004 posted:

It's supposed to be your total time played over all resets.

Wear your incomplete Legacy line as a badge of honor. It probably means you, like most of us, started playing before it was even tracked.

• Locked thread