Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Seconding that you start with season 3, the first couple seasons really weren't anything special or memorable.

v Yeah, Batgirl's introduction was the two-part premiere of season 3.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I don't remember when he picked up Batgirl as a sidekick, but if it was season three, then start there.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Crossposting this from the Superman thread 'cause it's awesome:

Endless Mike posted:

Here is a cool animated short film Zack Snyder and Bruce Timm did for Superman's 75th anniversary.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/10/14/superman-75-years-of-heroic-history-in-a-2-minute-animated-short-exclusive/

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Stan Lee has created another Super hero cartoon.

quote:

Chakra: The Invincible tells the story of Raju Rai, a young Indian boy living in Mumbai. Raju and his mentor, the scientist Dr. Singh, develop a technology suit that activates the mystical chakras of the body. When Raju dons the suit, he discovers superpowers and vows to use his newfound abilities to protect and serve as he battles super villains.

I am reminded lee's earlier endeavors in animation. I still can't forgive him over that striperella garbage he created.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 17, 2013

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

thelaughingman posted:

Stan Lee has created another Super hero cartoon.

I am reminded lee's earlier endeavors in animation. I still can't forgive him over that striperella garbage he created.

I thought striperella actually had some funny jokes in it.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

The_Rob posted:

Well to each their own I guess.

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"

The_Rob posted:

What was the name of the super low-rent villain? The Chisler? Cheapskate? The running gag that his crew only had one gun and they kept swapping it was genuinely hilarious.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
That name just sounds like someone voiced by Jon Lovitz.

Edit: Or maybe I saw Stripperella at some point because IMDB is saying Jon Lovitz voiced Cheap-o. :iiam:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I was at New York Comic Con last week during the DC Animated panel and man, was it embarrassing all around.

The audience kept asking questions only related to poo poo like "Will we see a Blackest Night movie?", "Will we see a Red Son movie?", "Will we see a Kingdom Come movie?" to which every reply was just "There has been discussion" after each one. You would think after the first or second of these questions, fans would have gotten the hint.

All movies moving forward, which are just "Batman and Son" and "Aquaman" at this point, are going to be "New 52" (The word, "Modern", was thrown around constantly).

They showed off a few clips from Justice League War, and on the panel was the new voice of Batman, who is going to be Batman for the foreseeable future and let me tell you, he's not Stephen Baldwin bad, but he's pretty close.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Before the QA section of any panel for anything, someone on the panel needs to say the following, "We're going to open this to the audience. Before we begin, I'd like to just say that any current projects we're comfortable talking about we have already publicly shared. So, we'd prefer to not to have questions regarding projects we haven't announced. Also, it means a lot to have you all here. I know that [PROJECT] has meant a lot to you, and it means a lot to us too. Still, in the interest of time, please limit your questions though to only a few sentences, preferably one."

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

E the Shaggy posted:

I was at New York Comic Con last week during the DC Animated panel and man, was it embarrassing all around.

The audience kept asking questions only related to poo poo like "Will we see a Blackest Night movie?", "Will we see a Red Son movie?", "Will we see a Kingdom Come movie?" to which every reply was just "There has been discussion" after each one. You would think after the first or second of these questions, fans would have gotten the hint.

All movies moving forward, which are just "Batman and Son" and "Aquaman" at this point, are going to be "New 52" (The word, "Modern", was thrown around constantly).

They showed off a few clips from Justice League War, and on the panel was the new voice of Batman, who is going to be Batman for the foreseeable future and let me tell you, he's not Stephen Baldwin bad, but he's pretty close.

Why not get the guy from Arkham Origins? Or the guy who did Red Hood Batman? Why does DC insist on doing dumb poo poo like this constantly? I don't understand how a company can have such an active disdain for its fanbase when it makes such niche products to begin with.

In other news, am I the only one left watching Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man? I have actively avoided Agents of Smash.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Timeless Appeal posted:

Before the QA section of any panel for anything, someone on the panel needs to say the following, "We're going to open this to the audience. Before we begin, I'd like to just say that any current projects we're comfortable talking about we have already publicly shared. So, we'd prefer to not to have questions regarding projects we haven't announced. Also, it means a lot to have you all here. I know that [PROJECT] has meant a lot to you, and it means a lot to us too. Still, in the interest of time, please limit your questions though to only a few sentences, preferably one."

Why don't they just cut to the chase and say "we all know that (NY/SF)CC is a glorified publicity stunt, so only ask us questions that can be answered in the form of a Twitter-friendly prepared verbal statement, about things you were already aware of before you showed up. Also, Johns is as creative as a Xerox so everything's adaptations of the New 52 from now on, have a nice day!"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Timeless Appeal posted:

Remove the QA section of any panel for anything

Q&As are terrible, always and forever.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

E the Shaggy posted:

Exactly as I expected. Can't wait to see all my favorite instant-classic New 52 storylines compressed into a 75 minute long movie, such as Morrison's saga of Superman vs Vyndktvx, and.... uh....

Oh well, at least this means I'll be saving money by skipping things like the inevitable H'El On Earth and Death of the Family movies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Timeless Appeal posted:

The problem is that even if you say that you're still going to get people coming up and going "I know you said you're not talking about blank but what about it?"

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Hope you weren't hoping for DC to have their poo poo together because Cartoon Network's pulled Beware the Bat and repeats from the schedule.

quote:

In what seems like DC Nation déjà vu, new episodes of Beware the Batman have been pulled from Cartoon Network next weekend (repeats too).
https://twitter.com/nickandmore/status/391799459316633600

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

RevKrule posted:

Hope you weren't hoping for DC to have their poo poo together because Cartoon Network's pulled Beware the Bat and repeats from the schedule.

https://twitter.com/nickandmore/status/391799459316633600

Is that really a surprise to anyone? Did people even really like the show? It had a lot of bad responses to it early on, which is TV poison.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

My girlfriend doesn't like Brave and the Bold and I don't know what to do about it.

She thinks Aquaman is especially stupid.

Edit: She's also dressing up as Harley Quinn from AC for Halloween and not TAS. Love can go a long way, man, but this is pushing it.

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 21, 2013

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ToastyPotato posted:

Is that really a surprise to anyone? Did people even really like the show? It had a lot of bad responses to it early on, which is TV poison.

People liked the show. (me included) But CN has no idea what to do with DC.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think you are in the minority with that opinion. It was terrible ugly garbage. Just because a few people liked it, doesn't mean CN was wrong to cancel it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Now can I get Young Justice back?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Not before I get The Tick back.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

Only if Green Lantern comes back too.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

YJ is too removed from the New 52 for them to consider it. The next series from DC will almost certainly be based off of new 52 designs and storylines. That's my guess.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I kept hoping Beware the Bat would get better but it kept getting mired in its own bullshit. It had a lot of great ideas but did nothing with them.

Even with Young Justice, I was quick to watch it from my DVR, with Beware the Bat, I seriously got backed up 3 or 4 episodes and begrudgingly decided to watch the other episodes. They're reasonable but they don't really go anywhere.

MonsterEnvy is right though, CN has no idea what to do with DC. But on the other side, DC doesn't know what it wants either.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

RevKrule posted:

I kept hoping Beware the Bat would get better but it kept getting mired in its own bullshit. It had a lot of great ideas but did nothing with them.

Even with Young Justice, I was quick to watch it from my DVR, with Beware the Bat, I seriously got backed up 3 or 4 episodes and begrudgingly decided to watch the other episodes. They're reasonable but they don't really go anywhere.

MonsterEnvy is right though, CN has no idea what to do with DC. But on the other side, DC doesn't know what it wants either.

Yeah I was going to say it is more that DC does not know what to do with itself anymore. DC is the one with all these weird rear end self imposed creative restrictions on itself.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

RevKrule posted:

It was an interesting idea to use more obscure Batman villains. In theory, it'd be great to see fresh faces and not wonder what the newest redesign of the Joker is, but it wasn't a great effort on the show's part. Anarky was stupid chaos bullshit and nothing like his comic self, and Magpie was just Catwoman with the serial numbers filed off.

Mainly, the art design kept me off. It was just too ugly for me to wade through the rest of the boring too.

What about Agents of SMASH? Big Hulk fan but I haven't seen much of it.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I have to give credit to Beware the Batman for focusing on more obscure villains rather than going for the safe and popular ones, but few of them were interesting. Either the show didn't do them justice, or they were obscure for a reason.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Veotax posted:

I have to give credit to Beware the Batman for focusing on more obscure villains rather than going for the safe and popular ones, but few of them were interesting. Either the show didn't do them justice, or they were obscure for a reason.

Making Professor Pyg interesting would require TV-MA.

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
I can't speak for the quality of the show since I haven't bothered to watch it after being turned off by previews, but remember that Cartoon Network has done incredibly stupid things with the release scheduling of pretty much every DC show they've had. Anybody else recall how the last few seasons of JL:U aired? This may not necessarily be a sign that it's cancelled or doing particularly poorly (I still wouldn't bet on it sticking around for long, though.)

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Judgement posted:

I can't speak for the quality of the show since I haven't bothered to watch it after being turned off by previews, but remember that Cartoon Network has done incredibly stupid things with the release scheduling of pretty much every DC show they've had. Anybody else recall how the last few seasons of JL:U aired? This may not necessarily be a sign that it's cancelled or doing particularly poorly (I still wouldn't bet on it sticking around for long, though.)

Well, now that they're screwing around with the schedule the ratings are gonna drop and then they can cancel it and cite bad ratings, welp!

Or it could be production issues I suppose. Young Justice was screwed around with a lot for instance, but they also had a lot of delays on their end too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Beware the Batman was absolute poo poo.

Also gently caress DC/TW for not driving a dump truck full of cash to Conroy's house.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Rhyno posted:

Beware the Batman was absolute poo poo.

Also gently caress DC/TW for not driving a dump truck full of cash to Conroy's house.

That's the one smart thing they did with Beware. Kevin Conroy being Batman was great, but it's time to let go.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't try to make a cartoon based on the Nolan films continuity. I know they had some animated shorts as a DVD extra or something, but sheesh, it just seems like the easiest possible money to me. You have any idea how many teens would have gobbled up a cartoon with the Heath Ledger version of the Joker?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Have they ever known what to do with DC, I seem to recall them loving with Justice League's schedule back in the day.

E: drat it beaten to it. I too wish Green Lantern TAS was still alive, so many good moments on that show.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

I'm kind of surprised they didn't try to make a cartoon based on the Nolan films continuity. I know they had some animated shorts as a DVD extra or something, but sheesh, it just seems like the easiest possible money to me. You have any idea how many teens would have gobbled up a cartoon with the Heath Ledger version of the Joker?

You can make a case that 'Under the Red Hood' Joker is the closest to an animated adaptation of Ledger's Joker. Unsurprisingly, that movie still is one of the best received (comercially and critically)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I got Under the Hood for free and I still thought it wasn't worth the money. I liked Ackles, though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dan Didio posted:

I got Under the Hood for free and I still thought it wasn't worth the money. I liked Ackles, though.

Who's Ackles.

Anyway I liked Under the Redhood. Black Mask was especially entertaining.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Who's Ackles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zCg3UL7s10

He's dreamy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

The person who uploaded that video is a goddamn creepy my lord. Even calling herself married into ackles's Supernatural family.

gently caress.

• Locked thread