Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankly
Jan 7, 2013

Bogart posted:

I just swept my rival at Victory Road with a goat ten levels below her party's average. She's such a joke. (or maybe Gogoat with Milk Drink / Bulk Up / Horn Leech is just too good :v: )

You monster (I make a point to humiliate my rival at every opportunity with my super-trained Klefki :unsmigghh:)

I'm having a lot of fun with this game, easily spending way too much time in Pokemon Amie and Super Training minigames even though they're pretty basic games but with ~my pokemon~ in them. Having my Pokemon glance back at me for orders and straight up cure themselves of status effects through strength of will is pretty cute/useful.

Also I'm returning the favour to wonderful people in Wonder Trade by sending off a horde of Squirtles, Noibats and Haunters (with dumb nicknames of course :v:) to make someone across the world happy. Getting a spare Froakie back when I had only 2 badges was a pretty great feeling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!

Average Bear posted:

Also the people who say "Oh I found a shiny everything but their nature was sub par and their IVs? Heh. Not even 31 in all. Released. :spergin:" piss me off to no end do you even know how lucky you are

Disdain Upon Spergs!!!!

BFF'S!!!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Does anybody know what the Handicap setting does in Link Battles?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
If you scrub the touchscreen after defeating a Pokemon with a Pokemon with full affection, you'll pet it. I'm not sure if it has any effect aside from being adorable, though.

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

Lax, Serious, Gentle, Bold, Lonely, Quirky are the ones I have left.

Bold sounds alright. What's your FC and IGN?

Edit: Mine's 2406-5135-4070, IGN Serena.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 21, 2013

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
Is modest the best (or at least acceptable) nature for Mewtwo?

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Zhent posted:

Is modest the best (or at least acceptable) nature for Mewtwo?

That or Timid I would think.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN
halloween halloween

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I really think there should be a bug/flying dual type move, similar to flying press. We get at least one new Bug/Flying mon every gen, and they usually suck, so a dual-stab move would be a really good addition.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I wish Wonder Trade was a passive thing. It's a lot of fun to see what you can get, but it takes forever to empty out boxes and boxes of breeding rejects.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't remember where you get destiny know, someone in the main game gives it you.

A maid on the second story of one of the hotels gives it to you, forgot which one.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

horriblePencilist posted:

I really think there should be a bug/flying dual type move, similar to flying press. We get at least one new Bug/Flying mon every gen, and they usually suck, so a dual-stab move would be a really good addition.

The problem with Flying Press is that its coverage is worse than the separate Flying and Fighting moves that Hawlucha gets. Flying and Fighting are so good together because they hit many of each other's resistors; that means Flying Press just ends up hitting lots of things neutrally.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Bold sounds alright. What's your FC and IGN?

Edit: Mine's 2406-5135-4070, IGN Serena.

2552-1342-8399

IGN August. Adding you right now.

edit: So uh, we're already friends?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Macaluso posted:

HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN
halloween halloween

Gengar is the best. I need to catch one + stone and have hours of spooky fun

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

2552-1342-8399

Looks like I hadn't you added, though I can't recall why you'd have added me.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Where do I find the Destiny Knot?

And how do I start the Looker mission?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I just evolved my Lombre into Ludicolo.
It's... it's beautiful. Everything I could have ever asked for and more.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Internet Kraken posted:

I wish they would let you rename Pokemon that didn't get a nickname. If it has a nick name though, you must cherish it. Forver.

And while we're at it, auto-transliterate for Korean and Japanese names.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Where do I find the Destiny Knot?

Maid in Cyllage Hotel gives you the knot.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

2552-1342-8399

Woah, I thought you didn't have a female Rain Dish Squirtle! Do you want me to return it?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Keiya posted:

And while we're at it, auto-transliterate for Korean and Japanese names.

I don't think getting a Bunnelby would be much better if it was called Pareubit or Horubi. :v:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Woah, I thought you didn't have a female Rain Dish Squirtle! Do you want me to return it?

Well I gave you my personal one (that someone else had gifted me if you check the OT, because breeding them is actually impossible).

I'm done with my little breeding project with it so have no use for it. Keep it and enjoy it. :shobon:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Holy poo poo there's Gibles in the Badlands?

This is kinda old, but there's also Trapinch there. Bagon is in route 8, Axew is in Connecting Cave, Dragonair is in the water in route 21 (though you need a Super Rod), and then there's the new dragons. You can get all of them before the 8th gym, and a few really early on. I'm not positive about Horsea/Seadra, though.

Forgot I hadn't saved in a few minutes, reset the game and lost $120k and a bunch of levels. :toot: Whoops!

edit: also Zweilous in Victory Road

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 21, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
^^ Way ahead of you, I already have my Adamant Flygon.

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

Well I gave you my personal one (that someone else had gifted me if you check the OT, because breeding them is actually impossible).

I'm done with my little breeding project with it so have no use for it. Keep it and enjoy it. :shobon:

Aw, thanks man! I hope you'll get use out of my Lotad (she rules).

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So I am looking for friends for safari goodness, pretty new to the game though! Friend code is 4484-8308-8363

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I know the 3D in this game is very unevenly applied but I just wasn't expecting to see it in the Pokeball Factory. Looks cool with all the overhead beams and such.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

BattleMaster posted:

I know the 3D in this game is very unevenly applied but I just wasn't expecting to see it in the Pokeball Factory. Looks cool with all the overhead beams and such.

There's 3D in most of the Team Flare places

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
I have been getting a lot of conflicting info and rightly so since the ability is quite vague. How exactly does pick up work outside of battle? Is it from any battle, wild or trainer? Is there still a chance if you just run or do you have win?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Looking for anecdotes, has anyone else found their first ever shiny in the Friend Safari? It seems like there is a much higher shiny encounter rate there than anywhere else.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kilometers Davis posted:

Gengar is the best. I need to catch one + stone and have hours of spooky fun

Gengar is trade evolution not a stone.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
So I just beat the Elite 4 and want to get into this "making a kickass team to fight other people with" thing for the first time. I know about IVs and EVs and such, but what makes up a good team? Type coverage? Is there some sort of tank/healer/DPS mechanic thing I want to look at? For the main game I just had a type coverage team and it worked out great, but it seems there's more to it. So what kind of team do I want to look at going to try and build?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Does anyone feel like wasting their time and explaining EVs and abilities to me via PM or something? I want to get more into Pokemon and actually have something to do as I beat the game.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Laughing way too much to myself doing wonder trades with Pokemon with vulgar names. Hope one of you guys ends up with Bonerz the Cubone or Abshole the Absol.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DoctorStrangelove posted:

You actually have to do a lot in the post game to get those missions.

You have to go to the post game battle arena and fight at least one trainer. Then your rival will appear in the north of the town it is in and you will battle them. After battling them, you will be sent to Anistar city's sundial. After that, just go to Lumoise city and take a step.(That's the case with all of them, once you finish, walk back onto North/South Boulevard and take a step to get the next one.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Gengar is trade evolution not a stone.

It's pretty obvious he means the mega Gengar stone.

VVV None, it becomes Dragon/Ghost/Flying. Trick or Treat does not change the targets type, it adds ghost to it. Note that this means that it works on normal types! However, this does not mean normal types become vulnerable to ghost moves, since they are still Normal.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
So when you add ghost-type to, say, Dragon/Flying, which type is changed?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Does Tyrantrum have a hidden ability?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Abundant Atrophy posted:

I don't understand this question. What?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Both are replaced.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Elysiume posted:

I don't understand this question. What?

There's a handful of moves that "add" a type to the target. But I think it actually just replaces the type, it doesn't add a 2nd/3rd type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Where the gently caress is Mr. Bonding, I got 15 O-Powers and I have max style (Mega Stones were at 10k) so what gives??? He's not in Cafe Introversion.

• Locked thread